HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Prospect Camp (7/9-7/15)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2012, 07:47 PM
  #26
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
With the success that Couturier had in that spot last year, I would not at all be shocked to see Laughton given a chance at the fourth line center position.

I could see him getting his nine games for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
This. Lavvy loves to put responsibility on young guys who can handle it.
Pump the breaks, guys. Laughton is listed at 170 lbs; he's not going to make the Flyers, let alone be placed on the roster to fill a fourth line role. He is 1000000% going back to Oshawa, where he'll get top-6 time and continue to develop physically and as a player.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:48 PM
  #27
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 500
Some say ducks demands to high for ryan trade may happen may not id like to see doan come here but hearing he likes the west.

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:49 PM
  #28
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Pump the breaks, guys. Laughton is listed at 170 lbs; he's not going to make the Flyers, let alone be placed on the roster to fill a fourth line role. He is 1000000% going back to Oshawa, where he'll get top-6 time and continue to develop physically and as a player.
But he may make the ducks squad..

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:51 PM
  #29
Howard35
Registered User
 
Howard35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,267
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
no Noebels?

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:54 PM
  #30
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
no Noebels?
Ya where is this Noebel guy we signed him to a ELC didnt we is he hurt?

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:27 PM
  #31
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,736
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'd say he's a lot like Ron or Brian Sutter. Plays a similar style, but Laughton might be faster and more intense/tenacious on the forecheck. He's going to drive defensemen nuts at the NHL level.
Pump the brakes there. More intense and tenacious than Brian Sutter? Sutter was one of the most intense players in NHL history. Laughton will never be the physical player that Sutter was. 9 seasons of over 100 penalty minutes, three over 200 penalty minutes. Sutter was an absolute warrior. Laughton might be tough and tenacious, but he'll never hold a candle to Brian Sutter in that regard.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:38 PM
  #32
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,843
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Pump the breaks, guys. Laughton is listed at 170 lbs; he's not going to make the Flyers, let alone be placed on the roster to fill a fourth line role. He is 1000000% going back to Oshawa, where he'll get top-6 time and continue to develop physically and as a player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Pump the brakes there. More intense and tenacious than Brian Sutter? Sutter was one of the most intense players in NHL history. Laughton will never be the physical player that Sutter was. 9 seasons of over 100 penalty minutes, three over 200 penalty minutes. Sutter was an absolute warrior. Laughton might be tough and tenacious, but he'll never hold a candle to Brian Sutter in that regard.
Let's pump the breaks on using the phrase pump the breaks.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
  #33
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
no Noebels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Ya where is this Noebel guy we signed him to a ELC didnt we is he hurt?
He's in Philly, but seems to not be practicing. That being said though here is a recent SPECULATION on it:

Quote:
I want to point out one big name forward that isn't at Flyers prospect camp. Marcel Noebels was the Flyers 2011 4th Round pick. He's 6'3, 210 lbs, and played on arguably the best line in junior hockey last year with the Portland Winterhawks. Noebels is already under contract and he is not injured so he should be at camp. It's just a theory but I think that Noebels could be being held out of camp because they expect Noebels to have a good shot at making the team next season. When I saw Noebels wasn't invited to camp it reminded me of Matt Read not being at the Flyers/Capitals prospect game last year. The Flyers didn't have Read play so they got a chance to look at the other prospects. If Noebels were to make the team it would most likely be on the fourth line. Noebels is a great two way forward. He has the size and defensive abilities to play on the 4th line but still has the skill to potentially be a top six forward. This is just a theory though.
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-prospect-camp

Remember this is just speculation.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:55 PM
  #34
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
He's in Philly, but seems to not be practicing. That being said though here is a recent SPECULATION on it:



http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-prospect-camp

Remember this is just speculation.
Read was at the prospect camp, as were all the other rookies who ended up playing for the Flyers including Schenn and Couturier. I don't see why Noebels wouldn't have to go through the camp to help earn his spot just like everyone else.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
  #35
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Read was at the prospect camp, as were all the other rookies who ended up playing for the Flyers including Schenn and Couturier. I don't see why Noebels wouldn't have to go through the camp to help earn his spot just like everyone else.
Read wasnt at the rookie camp though, while Couturier and Schenn were. I think he was confused about that.

I do think he has a outside chance of playing though. His two way play and offensive ability is pretty good. Combine that with some good hands and good speed, I think he has the ability to play the "Hartnell" on one of the four lines.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:03 PM
  #36
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Read wasnt at the rookie camp though, while Couturier and Schenn were. I think he was confused about that.

I do think he has a outside chance of playing though. His two way play and offensive ability is pretty good. Combine that with some good hands and good speed, I think he has the ability to play the "Hartnell" on one of the four lines.
Where does it say he wasn't? I have the 2011 rookie camp picture and he's in it.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:04 PM
  #37
Reduxs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
With the success that Couturier had in that spot last year, I would not at all be shocked to see Laughton given a chance at the fourth line center position.

I could see him getting his nine games for sure.
Coots was a lot more polished offensively coming in as a rookie. Laughton just started seeing an increased role towards the end of the season, so he needs to go back to junior for at least another year where he can play on the power play and continue developing.

Coots wasn't going to gain much (if anything) by going back to the QMJHL with all that he had accomplished, but going back to the OHL will serve Laughton well.

Reduxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:05 PM
  #38
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Where does it say he wasn't? I have the 2011 rookie camp picture and he's in it.
The prospect camp or rookie camp? Im fairly confident he wasnt at the rookie camp. I dont remember him playing in the Caps game (maybe he just didnt get the call which would have been weird).

Somehow I remember the top two lines ish.

Noebels-Schenn-Ranford
Hyka-Couturier-McGinn

EDIT: I was just trying to figure out why Noebels was in Philly and not at camp. Could be hurt for all I know.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:14 PM
  #39
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The prospect camp or rookie camp? Im fairly confident he wasnt at the rookie camp. I dont remember him playing in the Caps game (maybe he just didnt get the call which would have been weird).

Somehow I remember the top two lines ish.

Noebels-Schenn-Ranford
Hyka-Couturier-McGinn

EDIT: I was just trying to figure out why Noebels was in Philly and not at camp. Could be hurt for all I know.
I'm not sure which is which, but whichever camp is going on right now Read and the others were at.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:29 PM
  #40
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I'm not sure which is which, but whichever camp is going on right now Read and the others were at.
No, yea you are correct. He was at the prospect camp. I am pretty sure that Read wasnt at Rookie camp though.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:18 PM
  #41
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
Read, Schenn, Couts, Rinaldo were all at this camp last year. I would imagine Noebels is injured and it just hasn't made its way through the media. I like Noebels and all, but to think that they don't want him to play in a camp in July because he might make the team on Oct is just a real stretch to me. I could maybe, MAYBE see it if he were a 22 year old with 2 years of AHL seasoning or something, but a guy who has played 0 games of prohockey being kept out because they think he can make the big squad in the fall is just not believable to me. Not at that age, not in that situation and history has not shown any proof that the Flyers operate that way.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:04 AM
  #42
BillDineen
Registered User
 
BillDineen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Read, Schenn, Couts, Rinaldo were all at this camp last year. I would imagine Noebels is injured and it just hasn't made its way through the media. I like Noebels and all, but to think that they don't want him to play in a camp in July because he might make the team on Oct is just a real stretch to me. I could maybe, MAYBE see it if he were a 22 year old with 2 years of AHL seasoning or something, but a guy who has played 0 games of prohockey being kept out because they think he can make the big squad in the fall is just not believable to me. Not at that age, not in that situation and history has not shown any proof that the Flyers operate that way.
It really doesn't make sense from a hockey perspective why he is not there if he isn't hurt. Maybe it is something personal. I don't expect the Flyers crap beat writers to track down the reason though.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:33 AM
  #43
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Read wasnt at the rookie camp though, while Couturier and Schenn were. I think he was confused about that.

I do think he has a outside chance of playing though. His two way play and offensive ability is pretty good. Combine that with some good hands and good speed, I think he has the ability to play the "Hartnell" on one of the four lines.
That was pretty much his role with Bartschi and Rattie last season. He was a nice, big (with what seemed like a ridiculous reach) breath of fresh air for those two when the hawks acquired him.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:34 AM
  #44
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Be interesting to see how Trevor Van Riemsdyk looks in camp. I think he was in the Ottawa prospect camp last week or was supposed to be.
At least if hes drafted somewhere in the next couple of years he shouldnt have the high expectations his brother did due to his draft status.
He was, I was there. He didn't stand out.

P.S. Ottawa has sick prospects, I was jealous. I was there for the 3 on 3 tournament and Zibanejad's team won. Totally impressed.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:26 AM
  #45
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,561
vCash: 500
Stopped in to take a look today and dam if they were off the ice. It was around 10:15AM and I could not hang so I left. Will try again Thurs. or Fri. if I am able.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:52 AM
  #46
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
So according to Timmy P's latest article, the "Trial on the Isle" today is going to be a very different style than in the past. Lappy said it will be more of a boot camp and all take place on the beach rather than the triathalon. He also said there will be 2 scrimmages this year- sat and sun.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
  #47
GlueleG
Registered User
 
GlueleG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
So according to Timmy P's latest article, the "Trial on the Isle" today is going to be a very different style than in the past. Lappy said it will be more of a boot camp and all take place on the beach rather than the triathalon. He also said there will be 2 scrimmages this year- sat and sun.
Who's the prospect with the oar? He needs to get into better shape!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trial on the Isle.JPG‎ (51.9 KB, 44 views)

GlueleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:11 PM
  #48
djlethal08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hockessin, DE
Country: United States
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlueleG View Post
Who's the prospect with the oar? He needs to get into better shape!
I could be completely wrong, but looking at the hair I think that's Trevor van Riemsdyk.

djlethal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:13 PM
  #49
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djlethal08 View Post
I could be completely wrong, but looking at the hair I think that's Trevor van Riemsdyk.
Yup, you're wrong . Looks like Lauridsen to me.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:15 PM
  #50
djlethal08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hockessin, DE
Country: United States
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Yup, you're wrong . Looks like Lauridsen to me.
You're probably right. I just saw long black hair on a player I didn't recognize and TVR was the first player to come to mind.

djlethal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.