HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tobias Enstrom to Colorado?

Old
07-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

vCash: 500
Idea...

Enstrom
Little
2013 1st round pick

Stastny
Barrie

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Varmalov View Post
Idea...

Enstrom
Little
2013 1st round pick

Stastny
Barrie
Hard to justify giving up our top pairing D and #1C from last year PLUS a 1st in a strong draft when there's a chance it could be a lottery pick.

For the record, I'm not saying Little is a legit #1C, but he was our top center last year.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:24 PM
danmcn12
Radioactive

Rather they moved for him at the deadline.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
Hard to justify giving up our top pairing D and #1C from last year PLUS a 1st in a strong draft when there's a chance it could be a lottery pick.

For the record, I'm not saying Little is a legit #1C, but he was our top center last year.
I think that's pretty fair for an unsigned Enstrom, Avs would have to add for a signed Enstrom though.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:33 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

I like Enstrom, Burmistrov & 1st better anyways =)

And you guys wouldn't be ANYWHERE close to a lottery pick with Kane playing next to Stastny.

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:36 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:

But I thought 2012 was a strong draft? That's all I heard last year after the 2011 draft, which I also recall being touted as "weak" in the weeks leading up to the draft.

The same crap happened in 2012 as well

HF Posters in 2011: "Oh, the 2012 draft is the deepest in years!"

HF Posters in the weeks leading upto 2012 Draft: "It's so weak! 2013 draft is a DEEP Draft!"

PS, I have no comment on the proposed trade, I don't know the values of Jets players, I just know that Little was heavily targeted by the Avs at this past year's Trade Deadline, and one thing we know about GM Greg Sherman, is that once they target a player, they tend to get them.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:39 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
But I thought 2012 was a strong draft? That's all I heard last year after the 2011 draft, which I also recall being touted as "weak" in the weeks leading up to the draft.

HF Posters in the weeks leading upto 2012 Draft: "It's so weak! 2013 draft is a DEEP Draft!"

PS, I have no comment on the proposed trade, I don't know the values of Jets players, I just know that Little was heavily targeted by the Avs at this past year's Trade Deadline, and one thing we know about GM Greg Sherman, is that once they target a player, they tend to get them.
Where did you hear we were targeting Little? I remember there being some talk about Colorado talking to Winnipeg about a month before the deadline but to my knowledge it was never completely clear who we were after..

Old
07-09-2012, 08:47 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Where did you hear we were targeting Little? I remember there being some talk about Colorado talking to Winnipeg about a month before the deadline but to my knowledge it was never completely clear who we were after..
An extremely knowledgeable poster, who is friends with some of the current and past Avs Players, had posted during the days leading upto the Trade Deadline that a player from the Jets had asked one of the Avs players how Denver was, because he and his agent had caught word that they (Avs) were interested. This posted declined to name said player until after Trade Deadline.

After the trade deadline, he came out and said that it was Little who asked Galiardi how it was, and that TJ had nothing but good things to say about the organizaiton, despite his (then) current standing with the club (he was traded at Deadline)

Old
07-09-2012, 08:50 PM
chet1926

I'd do something like:

To WIN:
Stastny
O'Bryne

To COL:
Enstrom
Burmistrov
conditional 1st rd pick which turns into a 2nd rd pick if Enstrom re-signs in Colorado.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post

Talk about missing the forest for the trees. I don't care how strong the draft is, the Jets first is still a potential top 5 pick which is too dangerous to deal considering the uncertainty.

If Avs fans think Enstrom's impending UFA status kills his value that much, I'd rather try to re-sign him or trade him at the deadline to a contender for futures. Trading him in a "hockey deal" is stupid if his value is that low.

FWIW, I think it would be fairly easy for Colorado to re-sign him. It seems like it would be his kind of city for some reason.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:00 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Talk about missing the forest for the trees. I don't care how strong the draft is, the Jets first is still a potential top 5 pick which is too dangerous to deal considering the uncertainty.

If Avs fans think Enstrom's impending UFA status kills his value that much, I'd rather try to re-sign him or trade him at the deadline to a contender for futures. Trading him in a "hockey deal" is stupid if his value is that low.

FWIW, I think it would be fairly easy for Colorado to re-sign him. It seems like it would be his kind of city for some reason.
Like I stated, I don't have a thought on the proposed deal, I've not seen enough of Enstrom to form what I would consider a valid opinion of his value. And I didn't mean for it to sound as if I was attacking you about the strength of the draft, I was merely just commentating because of how every year it's always "This draft is weak! But next year's is super deep!"

Old
07-09-2012, 09:01 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I'd do something like:

To WIN:
Stastny
O'Bryne

To COL:
Enstrom
Burmistrov
conditional 1st rd pick which turns into a 2nd rd pick if Enstrom re-signs in Colorado.
Doubt the Jets would do it though.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:03 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

Do you people really think that you would be a lottery team after acquiring Stastny when you were not even a lottery pick this year?

And that is exactly why I wouldn't allow the 1st rounder to be conditional.. NO WAY IN HELL are the Jets a lottery team next year with that addition especially not being one this year..

Old
07-09-2012, 09:07 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
I'd do something like:

To WIN:
Stastny
O'Bryne

To COL:
Enstrom
Burmistrov
I wouldn't add O'Byrne.. We only have two Right handed defenders in EJ & O'Byrne

Barrie & Elliott don't count yet.

Pick one of the many many LH-D we have beyond O'Byrne.

And I do think the Jets would do that deal IF they had not already signed Waffles.. I still think they need a center but it's probably less of a pressing need now.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

Quote:
I'd do something like:

To WIN:
Stastny
O'Bryne

To COL:
Enstrom
Burmistrov

I would do that trade in a heartbeat but I don't think the Jets would

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Unless Sherman feels confident in Enstrom re-signing, no deal would be had. Therefore I doubt a conditional pick would be involved.

Little would likely be packaged with Enstrom in any deal with Winnipeg ('06 draftee, rumors we were after him at the deadline).

So with that in mind, I'd assume Winnipeg needs a defender back for Enstrom's loss, I'd be willing to negotiate anyone in the organization after Siemens to be part of the deal.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:10 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Unless Sherman feels confident in Enstrom re-signing, no deal would be had. Therefore I doubt a conditional pick would be involved.

Little would likely be packaged with Enstrom in any deal with Winnipeg ('06 draftee, rumors we were after him at the deadline).

So with that in mind, I'd assume Winnipeg needs a defender back for Enstrom's loss, I'd be willing to negotiate anyone in the organization after Siemens to be part of the deal.
After Siemens & Elliott.. Those two go together.

I still think Stastny & Jones + 2nd for something like Enstrom, Burmistrov, 1st is fair. We could probably throw in Wilson just because of the retarded depth we have in LH D now.. (I still don't get wtf they were thinking but whatever..)

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 07-09-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old
07-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Do you people really think that you would be a lottery team after acquiring Stastny when you were not even a lottery pick this year?

And that is exactly why I wouldn't allow the 1st rounder to be conditional.. NO WAY IN HELL are the Jets a lottery team next year with that addition especially not being one this year..
The Jets are a worse team +Stastny -Enstrom -Little. You have to consider both sides of the deal.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Naw, if we're getting Enstrom, I'd move Elliott if Winnipeg compensated us appropriately.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Doubt the Jets would do it though.
I agree, I don't see them shipping out Enstrom/Burmistrov and a 1st or 2nd rounder for Stastny and O'Byrne.

I honestly feel that IF there is any potential deal between the two franchise around Stastny and Enstrom, that the Avs will push for Little to be involved.

Here's why

A) As I stated above, it's already out there that the Avs and Jets were talking trade around the deadline with the Avs targeting Little already. And like I stated, the Avs usually get the players they go hard after. We know this with EJ because the Blues GM stated that he and Sherman had EJ trade talks as early as the beginning of the season the year EJ was traded.

B) Little is from the 2006 draft, and it's apparent that the Avs are just absolutely in love with the 2006 draft, having acquired the following players from the 2006 draft in high profile: Erik Johnson, Peter Mueller, Semyon Varlamov and Jamie McGinn.

Now, like I stated before, I don't know enough about the players in question to what to put forth any proposal, because the last thing I want to do is disrespect and offend the fans of the Jets, because I happen to like the Jets.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
The Jets are a worse team +Stastny -Enstrom -Little. You have to consider both sides of the deal.
Don't you know, this thread is Colorado fans making deals with Colorado fans, lol. No Jets fan likes these deals. I think this thread could have stayed on the Avs board with the way things are going.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:21 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Don't you know, this thread is Colorado fans making deals with Colorado fans, lol. No Jets fan likes these deals. I think this thread could have stayed on the Avs board with the way things are going.
Uh not with my deal.. Stastny & Jones

Kane - Stastny - Jones would be a sick line,

(Jones is worth his contract if kept with Stastny, otherwise not so much. It's a difference of MAYBE being a 20 goal scorer vs being a surefire 20 goal guy with the ability to put up 25+.)

Probably true.. Like Ive said, Jets have Waffles now..

Old
07-09-2012, 09:33 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:

I still think Stastny & Jones + 2nd for something like Enstrom, Burmistrov, 1st is fair. We could probably throw in Wilson just because of the retarded depth we have in LH D now.. (I still don't get wtf they were thinking but whatever..)
I don't really see how this is fair for Winnipeg. I agree that Enstrom's value is diminished due to his contract status, but I don't think adding Burmistrov AND a 1st is fair considering what would be coming back.

The reason a lot of Jets fans don't like these proposals is because they'd be getting only 2 years of Stastny, who would obviously be the centre piece, but where the Jets are at now, giving up that much of the future (Burmistrov and a 1st, even Little and a 1st given that Little is only an RFA after this year) to scrape into the playoffs and not necessarily be in a position to compete is not worthwhile. Adding in Jones is nice, but I don't think Jones and a 2nd is worth the overall picture.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
I don't really see how this is fair for Winnipeg. I agree that Enstrom's value is diminished due to his contract status, but I don't think adding Burmistrov AND a 1st is fair considering what would be coming back.

The reason a lot of Jets fans don't like these proposals is because they'd be getting only 2 years of Stastny, who would obviously be the centre piece, but where the Jets are at now, giving up that much of the future (Burmistrov and a 1st, even Little and a 1st given that Little is only an RFA after this year) to scrape into the playoffs and not necessarily be in a position to compete is not worthwhile. Adding in Jones is nice, but I don't think Jones and a 2nd is worth the overall picture.
I agree with the bolded part.

Like I stated, I think the general framework for a deal could POTENTIALLY be there with Stastny and Enstrom.

But I don't see the Jets parting with Burmistrov for nothing short of an overpayment, much in the same way that us Avs fans wouldn't part with Duchene for nothing short of an overpayment.

I do believe that IF such a deal were to go down that included more than just Stastny and Enstrom, then from the Avs side it would HAVE to include one of Elliott/Barrie and a high pick (1st/2nd/3rd) and from the Jets side it would include only Little, maybe a lower pick to offset. But again, I don't know

Old
07-09-2012, 09:41 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
I don't think we could get Burmistrov back. Maybe Little. Colorado, and more specifically Greg Sherman, has had heavy interest in him for a couple of years.

Maybe...

To Colorado:

Tobias Enstrom
Bryan Little
Conditional 2013 2nd round pick (if Enstrom doesn't re-sign)

To Winnipeg:

Paul Stastny
Tyson Barrie or Stefan Elliott

- Enstrom for Stastny the main pieces, obviously.
- Barrie or Elliott's potential can help replace Enstrom's PP duties. Either one has a promising future.
- Little can slot in and kind of cover for Stastny.
- I agree 1st is too much as a conditional pick, 2nd would be more fair.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote