HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anaheim Ducks prospect ranking #2

View Poll Results: Prospect number 2 is?
Matt Clark 0 0%
Emerson Etem 35 40.23%
John Gibson 0 0%
Peter Holland 5 5.75%
Nicolas Kerdiles 0 0%
Hampus Lindholm 9 10.34%
Rikard Rakell 0 0%
Devante Smith-Pelly 2 2.30%
Chris Wagner 0 0%
Sami Vatanen 36 41.38%
Andy Welinski 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-09-2012, 06:41 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Boy this one's close.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:49 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
Wagner and Welinski deserve to be above the meh pile.

I think Lindholm has first pairing potential, but he went on such a meteoric rise the last half of the season, that it's tough to say that right now. I'm sure we'll get a better understanding of his true potential in the coming months.

Also, Gibson has starter potential, but don't know if you were even discussing goaltenders with that comment.
Wagner's getting there. I actually forgot about him, I get him mixed up with Perlini sometimes. One more season like that and I'll be excited.

Welinski is still a meh. Nice stats, but he's old for that league. I'll wait until he does something in college.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Somewhat surprised and somewhat not about Palmieri being #1, but definitely disagree with it. He's probably proven the most, but I might rank him as low as 4 or 5, probably 4.

As for my pick in this poll, I'll go with Lindholm. You won't find too many guys who are very raw, yet very close to being NHL ready, usually it's one or the other(it only makes sense). From what I've gathered, he is indeed both. If his raw skills develop and match his hockey IQ and skating, wow, this could be a great pick.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:27 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
I think this whole prospect ranking will change once we get to camp - where most of us will see Sami for the 1st time. Not to mention seeing what players have worked on during the summer.

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Somewhat surprised and somewhat not about Palmieri being #1, but definitely disagree with it. He's probably proven the most, but I might rank him as low as 4 or 5, probably 4.

As for my pick in this poll, I'll go with Lindholm. You won't find too many guys who are very raw, yet very close to being NHL ready, usually it's one or the other(it only makes sense). From what I've gathered, he is indeed both. If his raw skills develop and match his hockey IQ and skating, wow, this could be a great pick.
I think the problem with Lindholm is that 1) most people haven't seen him, and 2) it's just so early for him as a prospect. He hasn't had an opportunity to really show what he can do. The top 3 prospects(based on what I see in the voting) that are being voted have a couple of years, or more, of development under their belt as an Anaheim prospect. We've heard about, and seen them for a little while now.

In terms of high end potential, I agree with you. I think Lindholm is at the top of the list in terms of his ceiling, and I think in the long run he's going to be a more important player for the Ducks as well. I just think he's too new, and it's not like he's Dumba, or Reinhart where we've seen clips of him, or we've been drooling over him throughout the season as a possible draft pick.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Wagner's getting there. I actually forgot about him, I get him mixed up with Perlini sometimes. One more season like that and I'll be excited.

Welinski is still a meh. Nice stats, but he's old for that league. I'll wait until he does something in college.
Yeah, Welinski may not deserve to be above the meh line, just based on the league he plays in. I think he has the skill set to break in to the next tier of prospects though. I suppose we'll see after next season.

Wagner is going to be an interesting player to follow this season. If he can transition to the AHL and put up rookie season Palmieri type numbers, he'll start to get a lot of attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I think the problem with Lindholm is that 1) most people haven't seen him, and 2) it's just so early for him as a prospect. He hasn't had an opportunity to really show what he can do. The top 3 prospects(based on what I see in the voting) that are being voted have a couple of years, or more, of development under their belt as an Anaheim prospect. We've heard about, and seen them for a little while now.

In terms of high end potential, I agree with you. I think Lindholm is at the top of the list in terms of his ceiling, and I think in the long run he's going to be a more important player for the Ducks as well. I just think he's too new, and it's not like he's Dumba, or Reinhart where we've seen clips of him, or we've been drooling over him throughout the season as a possible draft pick.
This is very true. If we had picked Dumba/Forsber/Reinhart/Trouba, they'd probably fall in at 1 or 2 on this poll, because we've been hearing the hype all year. Lindholm, on the other hand, was a very late riser and we only started hearing the smallest bits of information about him a few months before the draft.

On my personal list, just based on potential, I'd have Lindholm ranked just behind Vatanen.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:51 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Etem.
I don't wanna jinx Sami until I see him in NA, I have all the faith in the world he's legit

Etem will not spend more than half the season in Norfolk

Add Friberg/Karlsson!

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:14 AM
JabbaJabba

Wow, this is pretty even. We might have to have a tiebreaker.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Fallenity

I think Etem has dominated his previous leagues with his physicality, which won't work as well in the NHL. While he played good in the AHL games, until I can actually see him at training camp I'm going to go with Mighty 44

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

I think that 'final' between Etem and Vatanen will be needed.

Both are high risks because one of them havve yet to show he can play in a pro league consistently, and other have to prove he can play in NA. Both have huuuge potential but no one is 100% sure they can make it. Let`s hope they reach their potential

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:46 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Just declare them prospect #2 (tied) and move on to #4.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 04:13 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

When Wagners time comes up I want to debate about him, been talking to someone that's watched him alot in NCAA, not sure he belongs in a "meh" grouping as previously stated

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote