HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ken Campbell bashing us once again

Old
07-08-2012, 03:40 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Holy crap, did someone forget to lube up on him? He seems so ********.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Habstract

Ken who?! .... Seriously, next!

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Crown Royal

I printed the article so I could line my birdcage with it.

Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
I printed the article so I could line my birdcage with it.
CR's Bird: "man, so backed up today...I couldn't poop on that paper my owner put down yesterday...it already had poop on it"

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:21 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I didn't care for the article, but it's likely true. That said, his real issue is the timing. Even if it is true that fame is fleeting, why write about it the day after LA claims the cup? Just poor taste in my opinion.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I didn't care for the article, but it's likely true. That said, his real issue is the timing. Even if it is true that fame is fleeting, why write about it the day after LA claims the cup? Just poor taste in my opinion.
Good point, I did not notice that before.

Seems like he had it in the oven and took it out after the Kings won. He is kind of an ass hole...still, he raises concerns about the bandwaggoner issue in Los Angeles, I swear it seemed like 1993 all over again.

I really don't like bandwaggoners...most of them are gone the next day too.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Okay, I read the article and I read all of the diatribe above me.

I am not a fan of this guy but where is he wrong, really? Other than getting the thing wrong about us repeating next year, where is he wrong in the areas where he addressed in the article?

Is it mean spirited? I really don't think so. He really isn't bashing L.A., a lot of what he said is true, unfortunately. I am obviously one of the "maniacs" who has lived and died with this team for 45 years, and I am sure everyone who posted above me is also.

But look at it from a realistic point of view and read the article again and as I said, other more or less saying we are "a flash in the pan" I think he kind of nailed it.

Sadly.
agreed. he didn't even say we were unique in this. this is why i hate the whole, "LA is filled with bandwagoners" stereotype. Look at Colorado and Dallas, they used to be all "we're legit hardcore fans who sold out X in a row", now they can't hit 90% even though their regular season performance was nearly the exact same as ours. Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit, same stories even though everyone likes to talk about them as the hockey meccas. These cities live and die by winning.

I think people have to just accept hockey as a niche sport. We're probably never really going to be a "top 4" sport, but whatevers. Nothing wrong with that. This is why I don't get upset when people say that our hockey players aren't recognized here in LA. Well no crap, look at who lives here. Hockey is far down the totem pole compared to movie/tv and music stars.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:44 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
agreed. he didn't even say we were unique in this. this is why i hate the whole, "LA is filled with bandwagoners" stereotype. Look at Colorado and Dallas, they used to be all "we're legit hardcore fans who sold out X in a row", now they can't hit 90% even though their regular season performance was nearly the exact same as ours. Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit, same stories even though everyone likes to talk about them as the hockey meccas. These cities live and die by winning.

I think people have to just accept hockey as a niche sport. We're probably never really going to be a "top 4" sport, but whatevers. Nothing wrong with that. This is why I don't get upset when people say that our hockey players aren't recognized here in LA. Well no crap, look at who lives here. Hockey is far down the totem pole compared to movie/tv and music stars.
On the positive side, even if the general population doesn't notice the Kings, players will. If the team remains in the hunt they will be a desirable destination. Players that are motivated to be on the best teams will look at the Kings now. I think that a lot of players would prefer a city that isn't a fishbowl like Toronto, Montreal etc because they can walk around and be left alone.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:39 PM
spudboy

I've only read about three of their articles in the past 10 years. Every time, I'm disappointed. I always find better articles on all the other websites.

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote