HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Saku and Teemu To WILD @ Deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
  #1
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Saku and Teemu To WILD @ Deadline

Curious as what folks think MIN could offer

Intangibles for a playoff run: forward depth, Granlund getting to play with childhood idols: another brother tandem united: cup experience: great contract situations. dependant of course on Teemu resigning for a year. Or any other points brought up in this thread.


ANA could do this a early retirement present for both if they are out by the deadline and recieve some tools for the future.

with Teemu most likely @1 year if he signs could return to ANA next year to retire a Duck and a minor move could be worked to bring back Saku at a reasonable cost for his last year on his contract.


I could be off on some details id love some feedback from one of the board vets

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:31 PM
  #2
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Teemu Selanne will never be moved. End of thread. Both he and Saku have or will have NMC's and neither want to move.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:32 PM
  #3
n3ss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Not to mention, the Wild don't have the caps pace.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:33 PM
  #4
SEALBound
Registered User
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,104
vCash: 500
Gonna take Parise or Suter at least...

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:41 PM
  #5
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Teemu Selanne will never be moved. End of thread. Both he and Saku have or will have NMC's and neither want to move.


Im sure should an opportunity to chase a cup with many other national team members should arise it would make for an interesting storyline and both would wave for that chance should ANA be not in a position to make a run. They most certainly could return next summer.

Teemu presently isent under contract so he is free to sign wherever should he choose but in the spirit of the proposal im more interested in what pieces yourself or anyone else would see as fair value.

Im certain this isent the most far fetched proposal.

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
  #6
Jets
Resident Sieve
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 50
The jets arent going to trade Teemu at the deadline this year...

Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
  #7
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
 
Marlowe Syn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the grift
Country: United States
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 29943
Saku to Minnesota is pretty much a non-starter. The Koivu brothers didn't exactly warm much to the idea when we danced with Saku a couple years back. Unless we get absolutely decimated up the middle by deadline I just don't see where we'd fit him.

Selanne would be more interesting, but again wholly dependent on our forward depth at the time.

Way too many variables at this point in time.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:08 PM
  #8
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
Saku to Minnesota is pretty much a non-starter. The Koivu brothers didn't exactly warm much to the idea when we danced with Saku a couple years back. Unless we get absolutely decimated up the middle by deadline I just don't see where we'd fit him.

Selanne would be more interesting, but again wholly dependent on our forward depth at the time.

Way too many variables at this point in time.

Cullen 3.5 + for Koivu 3.8 clear up some minutes for Granlund... Koivu could fill in on W if need be.

ANA gets a + to build with.

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:10 PM
  #9
lush
@jasonlush
 
lush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 500
Is it conditional on Minnesota being in the playoff picture?

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:11 PM
  #10
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,836
vCash: 500
Pass.

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:23 PM
  #11
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Is it conditional on Minnesota being in the playoff picture?
Yes not on the outside looking in but a fairly clear picture at the deadline barring injuries and a major meltdown.

Im not a fan of either fan base but I think MIN make a move for a mid tier puckmover think Boumeester for Heatley and the two FIVERS in the proposal I think they could be a threat to finish top 12 in the league.

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:25 PM
  #12
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,985
vCash: 500
It's a bit early to have teams penciled in or out of the playoffs.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:26 PM
  #13
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
 
Marlowe Syn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the grift
Country: United States
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
Cullen 3.5 + for Koivu 3.8 clear up some minutes for Granlund... Koivu could fill in on W if need be.

ANA gets a + to build with.
It's a lateral move at best. I'd actually rather we keep Cully. Just as well as he has a NMC, and he ain't agreeing to go anywhere.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:36 PM
  #14
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow
 
JayP812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 5,819
vCash: 449
Only touchable pieces of value I can think of are Clutterbuck and Harding. Clutterbuck would replace the toughness the Ducks lost when Parros left, but they don't need a goalie. Minnesota does have a great crop of prospects though. I don't see it happening.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:38 PM
  #15
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
It's a lateral move at best. I'd actually rather we keep Cully. Just as well as he has a NMC, and he ain't agreeing to go anywhere.
Its Limited and lets be honest so are his minutes if Grandlund plays,,,where would he fall on the depth chart in Anaheim?

There was a + In the original proposal as well so taken both of those things into account its not lateral the way I see it ...but as I said im not an expert on either team. Someone from either fan base would likely know better than I.

If he wants to win a new payday is it easier to achieve his numbers in a smaller role in Min or possibly more responsibilty in ANA I know what I would choose.

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:39 PM
  #16
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,121
vCash: 500
No thanks, he has 1-2 years left and won't win in that span...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:46 PM
  #17
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
Only touchable pieces of value I can think of are Clutterbuck and Harding. Clutterbuck would replace the toughness the Ducks lost when Parros left, but they don't need a goalie. Minnesota does have a great crop of prospects though. I don't see it happening.

What about Bulmer + 1rst how far off ....could be a Perry Lite should he not re-up.

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:49 PM
  #18
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
No thanks, he has 1-2 years left and won't win in that span...


NJ went to the SCF this year I think Minnesota is a much better team on paper as they stand now?
never say never.

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:51 PM
  #19
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,400
vCash: 500
I'd be shocked if Selanne decides to end his career anywhere other than Anaheim.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:56 PM
  #20
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
I'd be shocked if Selanne decides to end his career anywhere other than Anaheim.
As would I but the way It is proposed has it having him a deadline pickup for a playoff run and the condition he is on a one year deal.

No reason the franchise cant sign him ala Mike Modano and retire a Duck.

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:58 PM
  #21
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
 
Marlowe Syn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the grift
Country: United States
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
Its Limited and lets be honest so are his minutes if Grandlund plays,,,where would he fall on the depth chart in Anaheim?

There was a + In the original proposal as well so taken both of those things into account its not lateral the way I see it ...but as I said im not an expert on either team. Someone from either fan base would likely know better than I.

If he wants to win a new payday is it easier to achieve his numbers in a smaller role in Min or possibly more responsibilty in ANA I know what I would choose.
And Saku would be in the exact same position here in Minnesota as Cullen potentially will be in, 3rd line wing. Saku is older, slightly more expensive, and I don't believe any better than Cullen. And you want a + on top? Trade doesn't really make either team better. It's a trade for the sake of making a trade move.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:06 PM
  #22
DuckTech
In vino veritas
 
DuckTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rural Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 50
BTW I feel a little bad that people already think the Ducks won't be in the play-offs this season and are making trade dead line trades already

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:14 PM
  #23
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
And Saku would be in the exact same position here in Minnesota as Cullen potentially will be in, 3rd line wing. Saku is older, slightly more expensive, and I don't believe any better than Cullen. And you want a + on top? Trade doesn't really make either team better. It's a trade for the sake of making a trade move.
so playing with his brother last opportunity perhaps. mentoring a young finnish center being friends with your #1 Goalie and the hunger to win brings nothing intangible? except perhaps Selanne. I could go on so again not lateral in any sense of the word Cullen has a better opportunity as the 2C on ANA maybe increasing his contract value. The + is for interpretation id rather it be in the package for both Finns but should it be Saku alone the +would be to for the capspace as Cullen most likely being younger would play another 1or 2 years more than Saku opening up a couple Million .

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:17 PM
  #24
Nick Rash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post
BTW I feel a little bad that people already think the Ducks won't be in the play-offs this season and are making trade dead line trades already

Nothing personal towards the organization just seems like some sort of identity crisis has taken hold and alot of uncertainty going forwards.

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:18 PM
  #25
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr
 
MountainGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,939
vCash: 500
minny hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years and your making deadline deals

reminds me of that thread on the main board when minny was in 1st place for a short time, classic

MountainGoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.