HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part IV)

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Legend23

vCash: 500
I still cringe whenever those stupid bridges are mentioned. It seems to me just another cash grab and will lose its appeal after a year or two.

Even more than that the most iconic and unique thing about the Garden besides the atmosphere is the ceiling and the great lines it has. Putting up bridges is going to ruin how great the ceiling looks. Cant they just leave well enough alone after the first two phases?

Old
07-09-2012, 07:55 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
I still cringe whenever those stupid bridges are mentioned. It seems to me just another cash grab and will lose its appeal after a year or two.

Even more than that the most iconic and unique thing about the Garden besides the atmosphere is the ceiling and the great lines it has. Putting up bridges is going to ruin how great the ceiling looks. Cant they just leave well enough alone after the first two phases?
Absolutely awful, I haven't met one person yet who has liked the bridge idea. The renovation could be perfect but they have to go and ruin it in year 3.

It's just like Citi Field and the awful staircases in front of the upper deck. They could have used portals, like everyone else -- but they just had to be "different".

07-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
It's been so long since any banner was raised, will there be a ceremony for the 2011-2012 Atlantic Division Chanionship?
Good question. I hope not.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:21 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Good question. I hope not.
2 banners should be going up.. regular season eastern conf champion and atlantic division champion.. but i agree, no ceremony needed. just put the damn banners up

Old
07-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Absolutely awful, I haven't met one person yet who has liked the bridge idea. The renovation could be perfect but they have to go and ruin it in year 3.

It's just like Citi Field and the awful staircases in front of the upper deck. They could have used portals, like everyone else -- but they just had to be "different".
I like the bridge idea.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I like the bridge idea.
Yeah, I think it might be cool. Then again, I won't have my view of the center ice scoreboard blocked by it. lol

Old
07-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, I think it might be cool. Then again, I won't have my view of the center ice scoreboard blocked by it. lol
At least you will be closer to the TV screens on the bridge than you would normally be to the Gardenvision. It would kind of be like Nassau Coliseum, except the TVs should actually work.

07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
At least you will be closer to the TV screens on the bridge than you would normally be to the Gardenvision. It would kind of be like Nassau Coliseum, except the TVs should actually work.
True, but I have to wonder how distracting it will be to see people walking around above. Plus, there's always the chance that the bridges could cause "tunnel vision" if it's low enough in your field of view. Personally I think I would hate it if I had $53 seats. But obviously Dolan couldn't give a crap about those ticket holders.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 1500
Quote:
True, but I have to wonder how distracting it will be to see people walking around above. Plus, there's always the chance that the bridges could cause "tunnel vision" if it's low enough in your field of view. Personally I think I would hate it if I had $53 seats. But obviously Dolan couldn't give a crap about those ticket holders.
I buy tickets from someone who sits in 420 (or whatever the section will be called next year) and I definitely wouldn't mind the bridge. If anyone gets distracted by people walking, do they have ADD? Do they get distracted if there's a fly? There used to be a **** load of people walking on the aisles in the lower bowl. Did they get distracted by that too? Unless they physically get in my way from viewing the ice, which it won't, then I don't care one bit.

Old
07-10-2012, 06:42 AM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I buy tickets from someone who sits in 420 (or whatever the section will be called next year) and I definitely wouldn't mind the bridge. If anyone gets distracted by people walking, do they have ADD? Do they get distracted if there's a fly? There used to be a **** load of people walking on the aisles in the lower bowl. Did they get distracted by that too? Unless they physically get in my way from viewing the ice, which it won't, then I don't care one bit.
yeah i sat in 420 for the last 6 seasons and let me tell you, im beyond pissed off about the bridges. there will be tunnel vision, you won't have to have ADD to notice them. the people walking won't be the problem, its the bridges themselves. they will be in your line of sight. It won't block the ice, but it will for sure be in your line of sight

Old
07-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

Quote:

I don't mind the bridge idea. Sounds cool, until I see other wise. And just think, now people wont have to drive to the GWB or Brooklyn bridge to jump after we lose 2 in a row..

Old
07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Traderalways

i wonder what row in the upper bowl where the bridge will start to be a problem?? any one hear anything??

Old
07-10-2012, 08:54 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
i wonder what row in the upper bowl where the bridge will start to be a problem?? any one hear anything??
Certainly the last 5 rows are in the danger zone...perhaps even the last 10. It's hard to tell from the renderings because of the camera angle. It might be making it look worse than it is.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:01 AM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Certainly the last 5 rows are in the danger zone...perhaps even the last 10. It's hard to tell from the renderings because of the camera angle. It might be making it look worse than it is.
i dont think its too hard. its going to extend from the end of the west balcony to the top level of suites on the other side of the building. if you're in probably row 16 or higher in the upper level it'll have some sort of impact on you

Old
07-10-2012, 09:19 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
i dont think its too hard. its going to extend from the end of the west balcony to the top level of suites on the other side of the building. if you're in probably row 16 or higher in the upper level it'll have some sort of impact on you
Right, but there's a big difference between some sort and horrible. lol

Old
07-10-2012, 09:21 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
My rep said only the last few rows will be blocked by GardenVision, but who knows I wonder if I'm safe in Row 17?

Old
07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
My rep said only the last few rows will be blocked by GardenVision, but who knows I wonder if I'm safe in Row 17?
There is a reason tickets were priced below $73/$79 in the upper deck. And why there was such a gap in price from one row to the next...

Old
07-10-2012, 09:54 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
There is a reason tickets were priced below $73/$79 in the upper deck. And why there was such a gap in price from one row to the next...
The price gap is bigger between one section and the next in the lower bowl though.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:56 AM
nyrmetros

The whole renovation is crap. :-(

All I needed were cheap rangers tickets. Nothing else.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:02 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
There are even bigger price gaps in the lower bowl, so that doesn't explain much. Also, the price gap in the upper bowl is roughly the same as the 300/400 split price gap was.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:06 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
There are even bigger price gaps in the lower bowl, so that doesn't explain much. Also, the price gap in the upper bowl is roughly the same as the 300/400 split price gap was.
I was told by several people at MSG that there are sections priced at a discount because there will be an obstruction of some kind. However, it will not obstruct any part of the ice. Just the "overall experience". We wont know until its finished but I'm confident that they wouldn't leave money on the table unless they knew the seats weren't equal...

Old
07-10-2012, 10:07 AM
darrenturcotte#8

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the price gaps down below have to do with certain club access etc, right? Meaning, you dont have an equal experience at the lower price point.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the price gaps down below have to do with certain club access etc, right? Meaning, you dont have an equal experience at the lower price point.
Not entirely true. Look at the 2nd and 3rd price points in sections 109-115. Pretty sure none of those seats are clubs.

http://rangers2012.io-media.com/

Old
07-10-2012, 11:08 AM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
The whole renovation is crap. :-(

All I needed were cheap rangers tickets. Nothing else.
honestly its not. just because the tickets aren't "cheap" enough for you, doesnt mean its crap.

garden is going to be much nicer for the average fan now and the building did need an update. all you complain about on the boards is cheap tickets. the rangers are a business first and need to maximize revenue, when are you gunna realize that?

Old
07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
honestly its not. just because the tickets aren't "cheap" enough for you, doesnt mean its crap.

garden is going to be much nicer for the average fan now and the building did need an update. all you complain about on the boards is cheap tickets. the rangers are a business first and need to maximize revenue, when are you gunna realize that?
I personally liked the old Garden just fine. Sure the sight lines weren't great and the place was falling apart, but that's why it was unique. The renovations are nice and probably necessary, but I would still prefer the way it was.

Closed Thread