HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Thomas to Calgary?

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2012, 09:22 PM
drewskiv

vCash: 4490
The roumor isn't for iggy it was for bouwmesster god dont people read

Old
07-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
So Calgary gives up it's two marquee players for, in order, an old retired goalie, an undersized forward with a total of 3 AHL games, an overpaid one year flash in the pan and a late first round pick.

For its two best players.
I was bored.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I was bored.
Can't you be bored and bend over your own team?

Old
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
So Calgary gives up it's two marquee players for, in order, an old retired goalie, an undersized forward with a total of 3 AHL games, an overpaid one year flash in the pan and a late first round pick.

8 AHL games

Old
07-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Lust4LEAFS

Sounds like a bunch of BS...but this would make me thrilled as a leaf fan.

If feaster does have a deal in line with TO for kipper and is looking to get thomas for peanuts then he is my favourite GM in the league.

I have no idea what the values are for thomas (bat**** crazy) and kipper (unbelievable, didnt think was an option) but ill take a stab:

To Bruins: Babchuk + 4th
To Calgary: Thomas

To Toronto: Kipper
To Calgary: MacArthur, Ashton, 2nd

Not sure if thats enough?

Old
07-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Bond

1. Jbo for Thomas + Hamilton
2. Trade Kipper or Thomas
3. ?????
4. Profit!

Old
07-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust4LEAFS View Post

To Toronto: Kipper
To Calgary: MacArthur, Ashton, 2nd

Not sure if thats enough?
We have to many MacArthur type players. We would need a young decent D or prospects.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:18 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
1. Jbo for Thomas + Hamilton
2. Trade Kipper or Thomas
3. ?????
4. Profit!

Old
07-09-2012, 10:22 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

If true I bet Timmy waits out the election before deciding if he wants to go there.

If Obama was reelected he'd ask for a long term extension before the plane even landed!!! Calgary would absolutely be his choice of Canadian teams!

Old
07-09-2012, 10:34 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Here's my issue.

Thomas to calgary only makes sense if they move kipper out (toronto, fla, chi, etc).
If you're moving kipper out, you dont want the replacement to be a guy who might not even play next year.

makes little sense to me.
I think the original rumor was Krejci + Thomas (salary dump) for Bouwmeester, then the Flames would turn around and flip Thomas (not Kipper) to Chicago or Toronto for a prospect/pick.

Bogus if you ask me.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
It's crazy rumor day as the NHL's dead-zone hits much earlier than in previous years!

https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/sta...82786944835585

With the Flames payroll, this likely wouldn't be a case of needing to hit the floor and more of a belief on Feaster's part that he could convince Thomas to play this season. Maybe a Bouwmeester for Thomas swap? Like Murphy says, seems really unlikely.
if it happens...

i think the logic must be to move kipprusoff for building blocks... but still have a goalie around that can win now. so kipprusoff to toronto for something attractive would have to be part of the package i guess.

then from boston it seems like a bit of a capdump from boston which opens up the door for a bouwmeester trade. there is logical reasons why bouwmeester fits the bruins better then boychuck does for the next couple years.

so thomas and boychuck for bouwmeester and then kipprusoff and stajan maybe to toronto for like bozek and a pick or prospect or two...

calgary probably hopes irving ends up being their starter in a year or two anyhow and are just treading water until then. they want to convince iginla to resign. they dont want to keep stajan but stajan was mildly useful in toronto so might be able to convince the leafs to take him back if they get their needed goalie? toronto does have the budget to bury stajan in the ahl if necessary.

all in all calgary would end up moving quite alot of contract if they can replace stajan and bouwmeester with boychuck and bozek and maybe use that contract room to sign a couple of the ufa still bouncing around.

i think a smarter move is to rebuild from the ground up but calgary seems committed to patching their leaks on the fly. i could see this plan making them a better team so if this is the choice they make then its better then what they had before. my thumbs up

as for the other teams involved... toronto should make a move to get a goalie too so thumbs up for them.

and boston can use a 25 min per game lh shooting dman more then they need thomas who has said he is going to sit out this year. im guessing he will choose to play if dealt to the right team so im assuming calgary would talk to him nd make sure he plans to play before they pull the trigger.

boychuck is a very honest 18-21 min per night 3/4 pairing guy and would certainly be useful in calgary and even played in calgary before in juniors so one will assume he'd be ok returning 'home'

Old
07-09-2012, 10:43 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
if it happens...

i think the logic must be to move kipprusoff for building blocks... but still have a goalie around that can win now. so kipprusoff to toronto for something attractive would have to be part of the package i guess.

then from boston it seems like a bit of a capdump from boston which opens up the door for a bouwmeester trade. there is logical reasons why bouwmeester fits the bruins better then boychuck does for the next couple years.

so thomas and boychuck for bouwmeester and then kipprusoff and stajan maybe to toronto for like bozek and a pick or prospect or two...

calgary probably hopes irving ends up being their starter in a year or two anyhow and are just treading water until then. they want to convince iginla to resign. they dont want to keep stajan but stajan was mildly useful in toronto so might be able to convince the leafs to take him back if they get their needed goalie? toronto does have the budget to bury stajan in the ahl if necessary.

all in all calgary would end up moving quite alot of contract if they can replace stajan and bouwmeester with boychuck and bozek and maybe use that contract room to sign a couple of the ufa still bouncing around.

i think a smarter move is to rebuild from the ground up but calgary seems committed to patching their leaks on the fly. i could see this plan making them a better team so if this is the choice they make then its better then what they had before. my thumbs up

as for the other teams involved... toronto should make a move to get a goalie too so thumbs up for them.

and boston can use a 25 min per game lh shooting dman more then they need thomas who has said he is going to sit out this year. im guessing he will choose to play if dealt to the right team so im assuming calgary would talk to him nd make sure he plans to play before they pull the trigger.

boychuck is a very honest 18-21 min per night 3/4 pairing guy and would certainly be useful in calgary and even played in calgary before in juniors so one will assume he'd be ok returning 'home'
So essentially Calgary downgrades Bouwmeester to Boychuk while having to take a cap dump of 5M dollars for a non roster player? Thomas has stated he is taking the year off..

Sounds awesome! That sure helps the team in all areas.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:46 PM
octopi

Here's a great idea! Trade for a player who may never play again...

...Why do the Flames do this? they've already overpayed a few FA's, I'm sure they're not that desperate to dump a player or reach cap floor....

Old
07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Yeah, ok...

The ONLY way I see this trade happening is if Kipper is going to TO or Chicago. But, Feaster said that Kipper and Iginla were off limits.
This. We're not trading our franchise players.

Last edited by flameaholic: 07-09-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old
07-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny be good.

Anyone who is taking this seriously needs some help.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:

Kulemin is many things, but it's hard to call him overpaid lol, 2.3 mil per year hardly breaks the bank

Old
07-09-2012, 11:36 PM
trudatman
Ninety Flow

I want to point out that I don't see Boychuk as a "downgrading" from Bouwmeester. Boychuk doesn't suck at all.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:38 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudatman View Post
I want to point out that I don't see Boychuk as a "downgrading" from Bouwmeester. Boychuk doesn't suck at all.
He doesn't suck but he could not play the same minutes Jbo played.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:50 PM
calgaryflames1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
It's crazy rumor day as the NHL's dead-zone hits much earlier than in previous years!

https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/sta...82786944835585

With the Flames payroll, this likely wouldn't be a case of needing to hit the floor and more of a belief on Feaster's part that he could convince Thomas to play this season. Maybe a Bouwmeester for Thomas swap? Like Murphy says, seems really unlikely.
david krejci for jay bouwmeester.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:22 AM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames1212 View Post
david krejci for jay bouwmeester.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:33 AM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Almost as laughable as Tim Thomas for Jay Bouwmeester.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:35 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I was bored.
I would have gone with drunk...but bored works.

Old
07-10-2012, 01:07 AM
FlamesFan18

Flames close to signing Mueller
Flames trading for Thomas
Flames trading Bouwmeester to Montreal

The amount of Flames rumours is too damn high!

Old
07-10-2012, 01:09 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan18 View Post
Flames close to signing Mueller
Flames trading for Thomas
Flames trading Bouwmeester to Montreal

The amount of Flames rumours is too damn high!
I'll take some off your hands.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
JOKER 192
The Anti-Seguin

I wish this were true I'd love to do Thomas and Boychuk for JayBo but it's not ganna happen .Nor is any other trade that involves Thomas going to Calgary

Closed Thread