HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Grabovski To Flames

Old
07-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

vCash: 500
Grabovski To Flames

Flames loss Jokinen to free agency, what would the Flames be willing to give up the acquire Grabovski to replace Jokinen?

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:21 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
We are running with two of Cammy/Cervenka/Stajan/Backlund as our top 2 centers. It isn't great but Cammy looked better than Jokinen did with Tanguay and Iginla we aren't going to give up significant assets to bring in a #2 center.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Haatley

vCash: 681
nothing at all, grabovski sucks

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:24 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Can the leafs afford to trade away a center like Grabovski?

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
Flames loss Jokinen to free agency, what would the Flames be willing to give up the acquire Grabovski to replace Jokinen?
Who will replace Grabo for the leafs?

Our center line up would be:
Bozak
Connolly
McClemant
Steckel

Hurray...

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Bond

I think this is a trade neither would want. Toronto would want more than Calgary would want to give up.

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:37 PM
calgaryflames1212

id like to see grabovski coming tho..
bouwmeester and a 3rd in 2013 for grabovski, 2nd in 2013.
what about some ahl time for stajan

calgaryflames1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
nothing at all, grabovski sucks
How so?

07-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames1212 View Post
id like to see grabovski coming tho..
bouwmeester and a 3rd in 2013 for grabovski, 2nd in 2013.
what about some ahl time for stajan
Would not do that. I would rather flip Jbo for some youth.

If we can believe unverified twitter rumours D'agstoni/Stewart (sp?) and Rattie, MPS/Gagner + Omark, or Nyquist are on the table

Old
07-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
How so?
Grabo isn't just someone I would want to give up a lot of assets for. Not really a knock on him, he is not a bad player at all. We are just have a muddle of players and I don't see where he would fit, he would upgrade our centre core, but probably not worth the cost.

Also, I never want to trade with the Leafs again haha.

ps but what is a ballpark for what Leaf's fans would want from the Flames? I always find relative values interesting

Old
07-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Grabo isn't just someone I would want to give up a lot of assets for. Not really a knock on him, he is not a bad player at all.
Well this fellow exclaimed that 'Grabovski sucks', so I asked him why he thought that or if he was just making silly remarks.

Hurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Well this fellow exclaimed that 'Grabovski sucks', so I asked him why he thought that or if he was just making silly remarks.
Silly remarks I think

Old
07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Haatley

vCash: 681
sorry, grabovski doesn't suck. he's well over paid however, and is totally not what calgary is looking for.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
PasDaSquini

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Can the leafs afford to trade away a center like Grabovski?
No. Grabovski is the Leafs best centre. If he could just find some chemistry with Lupul or Kessel he would be on the number 1 though I think he is better on the second. leafs lack depth at centre trading your best is not smart.

PasDaSquini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Grabo isn't just someone I would want to give up a lot of assets for. Not really a knock on him, he is not a bad player at all. We are just have a muddle of players and I don't see where he would fit, he would upgrade our centre core, but probably not worth the cost.

ps but what is a ballpark for what Leaf's fans would want from the Flames? I always find relative values interesting
Well our need, like yours, is top end centers so a deal won't be happening in my opinion. I like Giordano, but other than that I haven't seen enough Flames games to have an opinion on the other players so personally I don't really know. Now that I'm done writing, not sure why I responded to this since I'm no help haha.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Alexander Baigle

Grabovski + 2nd 2013 for Kiprusoff and Max Reinhart

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Well our need, like yours, is top end centers so a deal won't be happening in my opinion. I like Giordano, but other than that I haven't seen enough Flames games to have an opinion on the other players so personally I don't really know. Now that I'm done writing, not sure why I responded to this since I'm no help haha.
Yeah, kind of what I figured haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
Yeah, can't say I would be comfortable doing that

Old
07-09-2012, 10:59 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Values good but no thanks if we wanted a player like Grabo we could have just resigned Jokinen. We aren't going to give up Kipper + Reinhart for a Jokinen like player and a 2nd. We are taking a huge gamble at center but its our plan.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Yeah, kind of what I figured haha
I think Calgary (Feaster, not fans) may be interested in Connolly though. He hasn't work out in Toronto, but (assuming TSN has players positions listed correctly) Hudler is now your best center (or does he play wing now?) and Connolly would have the 2nd highest points total of all centers on Calgary. Or do you plan on keeping Cammi in the middle?

HF fans will be irate, but I think Connolly will garner some serious interest this offseason. Teams like Anaheim and Chicago are in need of a #2 center and both could be interested. And with how far most teams are from the cap still, he can easily slide into most teams line ups.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:01 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I think Calgary (Feaster, not fans) may be interested in Connolly though. He hasn't work out in Toronto, but (assuming TSN has players positions listed correctly) Hudler is now your best center (or does he play wing now?) and Connolly would have the 2nd highest points total of all centers on Calgary. Or do you plan on keeping Cammi in the middle?

HF fans will be irate, but I think Connolly will garner some serious interest this offseason. Teams like Anaheim and Chicago are in need of a #2 center and both could be interested.
Hudler plays wing and Cammy has been our centerman, Cervenka was signed as a possible center and we have Backlund, Stajan, Jones as well. I doubt we are looking to add anything but a real #1 centerman (I know good luck)

Old
07-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Bond

Quote:

HF fans will be irate, but I think Connolly will garner some serious interest this offseason. Teams like Anaheim and Chicago are in need of a #2 center and both could be interested. And with how far most teams are from the cap still, he can easily slide into most teams line ups.
Don't know much about him really except he maybe he was injured a lot? Depends on what you would want, what is the contract like?

Old
07-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Alexander Baigle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Values good but no thanks if we wanted a player like Grabo we could have just resigned Jokinen. We aren't going to give up Kipper + Reinhart for a Jokinen like player and a 2nd. We are taking a huge gamble at center but its our plan.
Oh yeah, I wouldn't want to trade Grabovski at all, he's one of the few players on our team who gives it his all every game, heart and soul guy. I'm just gauging value, as this is a value gauging thread.

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

You can have Connolly for a pick. Or give up Reinhart+Kipper for Grabovski.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:07 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Oh yeah, I wouldn't want to trade Grabovski at all, he's one of the few players on our team who gives it his all every game, heart and soul guy. I'm just gauging value, as this is a value gauging thread.
Ok fair enough the value wasn't terrible just makes no sense for either team (I think we are terrible trading partners)

Old
07-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Don't know much about him really except he maybe he was injured a lot? Depends on what you would want, what is the contract like?
4.75m, often injured but usually it's little things, nothing all that serious, average over the last 3 seasons is 70 games played per. Cap hit is 4.75m, his salary is 4m this year, last year of his contract.

I would say about average defensively although I'm never good at judging how good forwards are at playing defense, I would look for others opinions to be honest on this. He does block a lot of shots though (tied for 8th among forwards in the NHL last season), so I'm pretty sure he is alright.

Points wise his last 3 seasons are 36 (this being the most recent)(70 gp), 42 (68 gp) and 65 (73 gp). His stats suggest his offense is declning. One year left on his deal though so if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out (like it hasn't in Toronto). I imagine he won't be expensive unless for some reason a bidding war for his services begin.