G'bye OS Attack

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2006, 03:17 PM
toomanymen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
If by questionable you mean a double elbow to the head....

Anyway...bygones will be bygones.

Just didn't like his teammates congratulating him when Sanguinetti was still lying on the ice.
Didn't see the congratulating on the ice after. Could it have been for the fight that ensued? I watched that hit on the replay. Two, maybe four for charging at most. Clean hit otherwise in terms of elbows, sticks etc. I will concede at full speed it looked horrible, but the defenceman turned around in time and was at the least sideways, if not more to the boards. Seven minutes was ridiculous, fortunately OS did something even dumber. That hit was clearly more dangerous given the position of the player. Kell was lucky he didn't break his neck. Before you think I'm a homer, I agree w/ the fact that Bolland's kick was just that.

Old
04-17-2006, 03:19 PM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

the thing that hurt OS in game 6 was that they lost their 2 best dmen in sanguinetti and sekera (i think thats his name). Add to that their PP was useless (again, missing the 2 scoring dmen) and bobby ryan played uninspired hockey while it mattered the most. The attack were undisciplined and drummond, schremp, and kostitsyn made them pay.

Old
04-17-2006, 07:53 PM
JrHockeyFan

Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Sekerej was kicked out for throwing a dirty hit, Belan's hit on Sanguinetti was questionable, but certainly a hockey play.
I thought that both game misconducts were justified on Belan and Sekera. They were essentially the same hits. Unfortunately for OS they came out on the short end in terms of losing a couple of key players.

Old
04-17-2006, 08:06 PM
JrHockeyFan

Re boarding

You tend to get a different perspective on things when it happens to you. My kid got hit from behind at the boards and went in face first. He couldn't move his arms or his legs and was carted off in an ambulance. Several hours later he started to regain feeling in his arms and legs. he had suffered a severe stinger to the neck. Only after 8 to 10 hours of repeat Xrays was it certain there was no permanent damage. I'll tell you it scares the crap out of you.

A good clean hit seldoms causes serious injuries, but there are flukes. However, when you hit a guy hard into the boards when he is in an awkward position, players should think twice before making that big hit.

Old
04-17-2006, 08:34 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
You tend to get a different perspective on things when it happens to you. My kid got hit from behind at the boards and went in face first. He couldn't move his arms or his legs and was carted off in an ambulance. Several hours later he started to regain feeling in his arms and legs. he had suffered a severe stinger to the neck. Only after 8 to 10 hours of repeat Xrays was it certain there was no permanent damage. I'll tell you it scares the crap out of you.

A good clean hit seldoms causes serious injuries, but there are flukes. However, when you hit a guy hard into the boards when he is in an awkward position, players should think twice before making that big hit.
I'm glad your son is okay, but I can't imagine the terror until you found out for certain.

Old
04-17-2006, 08:55 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman28
bobby ryan played uninspired hockey while it mattered the most.
What??

After S & S went down Bobby was a beast. He couldn't be contained but no-one could put the chances away.

Old
04-17-2006, 10:02 PM
JrHockeyFan

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl
I'm glad your son is okay, but I can't imagine the terror until you found out for certain.
The stuff you imagine is the worst part. Fortunately, I think that kind of hit is a lot less common than it used to be. Minor hockey has done a pretty good job teaching kids it isn't a cool thing to do.

Old
04-17-2006, 10:06 PM
JrHockeyFan

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
What??

After S & S went down Bobby was a beast. He couldn't be contained but no-one could put the chances away.
I don't believe for a second that OS went down due to lack of effort. Ryan was playing hard. He could have used more help from Angelidis though. He definitely was unable to put his chances away. On the other hand Dennis may have had something to do with that.

Old
04-18-2006, 03:15 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Belan was just doing what he does, he's an energy guy who's a big hitter... if he didnt take that hit he probably wouldve got chewed out by his coach... and not just cause its dale hunter... any coach wouldve chewed him out for passing up a hit on one of their top players it playoffs these things are expected... in the game in the JLC when he returned he was awsome, he hit everything in sight and it got the boys going... when he laid out PEckham the whole Knights bench erupted... and yes Dennis was high fiving him for the fight... he does that quite a bit as people are leaving the ice...

Old
04-18-2006, 07:08 AM
STS44

Lets be honest - physical play has not been the Knights strong point this season. Pound for pound Brandon Prust was one of the toughest guys in the league last season - they really don't have that this season . Foreman tries but is too small, Beaulieu also tries but needs to add about 20 lbs. before he can hang in there with the heavyweights. They have more of a high scoring finesse team this year so any time Belan gets some ice he needs to get that physical part of the game going. I think Jarram needs more ice time to see if he can be a viable member of the team. Hopefully - if he is around next season - he will get more of a chance.

Old
04-18-2006, 12:39 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Jarram will be key next season, the Knights will be small and skilled and need Jarram probably on the second line protecting guys...

Closed Thread