HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Grabovski To Flames

Old
07-10-2012, 12:12 AM
JS19
Four Kicks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
I think Calgary (Feaster, not fans) may be interested in Connolly though. He hasn't work out in Toronto, but (assuming TSN has players positions listed correctly) Hudler is now your best center (or does he play wing now?) and Connolly would have the 2nd highest points total of all centers on Calgary. Or do you plan on keeping Cammi in the middle?

HF fans will be irate, but I think Connolly will garner some serious interest this offseason. Teams like Anaheim and Chicago are in need of a #2 center and both could be interested. And with how far most teams are from the cap still, he can easily slide into most teams line ups.
Connolly isn't going to garner any interest...Chicago and Anaheim are looking for players like Derek Roy to be their 2nd line C, not Scrub Connolly. Plus, tell me who's going to gamble assets for a guy with a history like Tim's? (Know something: He didn't work out with the Isles, had a one-hit wonder of a season with the Sabres and was still maligned by the fans, and he still didn't work out with the Leafs).

Connolly has negative value.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:12 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Don't know much about him really except he maybe he was injured a lot? Depends on what you would want, what is the contract like?
He is a #2 center at best and is often injured he isn't much of an upgrade of what we have now.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Alexander Baigle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Ok fair enough the value wasn't terrible just makes no sense for either team (I think we are terrible trading partners)
I think we're excellent trading partners

I'm sorry, that's rude. I get your point though, there aren't a lot of possible trades between the two teams because of similar needs. Unless Toronto is trying to get Kipper.

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:17 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post

I'm sorry, that's rude. I get your point though, there aren't a lot of possible trades between the two teams because of similar needs. Unless Toronto is trying to get Kipper.
That was a terrible trade but Dion had to go he had given up here. I am glad he has started to find his game I just wish Sutter wasn't a moron.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Bond

Quote:

That is why I never want to trade with Toronto again.

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Not a good match. Leafs would want way more for Grabo than Calgary would be willing to give up. That Jankowski kid for a start.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Connolly isn't going to garner any interest...Chicago and Anaheim are looking for players like Derek Roy to be their 2nd line C, not Scrub Connolly. Plus, tell me who's going to gamble assets for a guy with a history like Tim's? (Know something: He didn't work out with the Isles, had a one-hit wonder of a season with the Sabres and was still maligned by the fans, and he still didn't work out with the Leafs).

No he doesn't, does B. Richards have negative value because at ES they produced at the same rate but Connolly had much worse linemates. (not saying he has the same value as Richards but he does not have negative value)

Old
07-10-2012, 12:19 AM
ITM

There's nothing in the Calgary Flames cupboard that meets Toronto's needs where Grabovski is concerned. If the Flames had a number one center, that Toronto could add something to Grabovski for, then that would make sense. But there isn't and so there simply isn't a match that makes sense for both clubs.

ITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Alexander Baigle

Quote:
That is why I never want to trade with Toronto again.
I really can't blame you It's one of the few small victories Toronto fans can celebrate.

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:20 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelsmustache View Post
Not a good match. Leafs would want way more for Grabo than Calgary would be willing to give up. That Jankowski kid for a start.
After all the flack that Feaster has taken for that pick you can bet that Jankowski is as good as untouchable right now.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post

The biggest hit to his value last year was his contract and him not living up to it. If the cap ceiling and floor stays as it is, I think he gets interest. If it drops with the new CBA (depends on how much though) I don't think he gets any interest. I know there are still some people left to sign out there, but as it stands right now 14 teams are below the cap floor, 7 of them 5m+ under.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Bond

Quote:
I really can't blame you It's one of the few small victories Toronto fans can celebrate.
Yeah, pretty much any trade could have been better than that, hell, Sutter could have at least gotten a prospect. I convinced myself it was worth it at the time

Old
07-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Didn't Sutter also resign Stajan before he was fired?

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much any trade could have been better than that, hell, Sutter could have at least gotten a prospect. I convinced myself it was worth it at the time
At the time of the trade I didn't like giving up Hagman or Stajan all that much, but at the same time I'm thinking "we just got Dion *explicit* Phaneuf!" Hindsight always shows who wins a trade though haha.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:44 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessely Snipes View Post
Didn't Sutter also resign Stajan before he was fired?
Yes and the other Sutter didn't play him, we are a comedy of errors

Old
07-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Bond

Quote:
At the time of the trade I didn't like giving up Hagman or Stajan all that much, but at the same time I'm thinking "we just got Dion *explicit* Phaneuf!" Hindsight always shows who wins a trade though haha.
Yeah, if things had played out differently it may have been a different story, but after word got out that Sutter hadn't even really shopped him, I was pretty crushed.

I am waiting for the trade where we fleece someone, I don't think it will happen with Feaster though

Old
07-10-2012, 12:50 AM
eklunds source

I'm shocked how many people don't realize that Grabovski is driving the bus for Toronto. He's far and away their best 2-way forward. It's not close.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
I'm shocked how many people don't realize that Grabovski is driving the bus for Toronto. He's far and away their best 2-way forward. It's not close.
I think it is the opposite, I know he is an important piece for them and would be too costly to acquire from our end. No deal here

Old
07-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Yeah, if things had played out differently it may have been a different story, but after word got out that Sutter hadn't even really shopped him, I was pretty crushed.

I am waiting for the trade where we fleece someone, I don't think it will happen with Feaster though
White also has been playing alright now on Detroit. Never played like that on Toronto or Calgary though. If he stayed on Calgary and still played like he is now, would have been much more even. But you lost him to UFA haha.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Bond

Quote:
White also has been playing alright now on Detroit. Never played like that on Toronto or Calgary though. If he stayed on Calgary and still played like he is now, would have been much more even. But you lost him to UFA haha.
Yeah, I totally forgot he was included. We got the Anton for White though

Old
07-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Yeah, I totally forgot he was included. We got the Anton for White though
Oops, my mistake, thought he went to UFA with you guys. Didn't realize that's where you got him, that's not that bad.

If I wanted to rub salt in your wound I would mention we got Aullie in that trade as well who we in turn traded for Ashton, but I don't want to do that so I won't say it

Old
07-10-2012, 12:57 AM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
No he doesn't, does B. Richards have negative value because at ES they produced at the same rate but Connolly had much worse linemates. (not saying he has the same value as Richards but he does not have negative value)
Buffalo had much better quality players than the Leafs and he still stunk it up there. Connolly is simply not the guy that helps players get better (nor is he one where players help him get better since he's had help). Tell me more about how Connolly even has value. Nice manipulation of numbers though, because when people acquire Brad Richards, they're surely just looking at solely Even Strength numbers.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:00 AM
DJD209

[QUOTE=Grant123;52365093]I think Calgary (Feaster, not fans) may be interested in Connolly though. He hasn't work out in Toronto, but (assuming TSN has players positions listed correctly) Hudler is now your best center (or does he play wing now?) and Connolly would have the 2nd highest points total of all centers on Calgary. Or do you plan on keeping Cammi in the middle?

are you joking, connolly? why would calgary give up jokinen to replace him with connolly who hasn't played a 75+ season since 2003, plus hes around the same age as olli too

DJD209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Grabovski + 2nd 2013 for Kiprusoff and Max Reinhart
Wow, hell no. Not in a million years.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:01 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD209 View Post
are you joking, connolly? why would calgary give up jokinen to replace him with connolly who hasn't played a 75+ season since 2003, plus hes around the same age as olli too
When the **** did I ever say trade for him?