HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has anyone seen...

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Has anyone seen...

updated league-wide attendance figures? I did a rough calculation that comes out to about a 2.5% increase over the last NHL season. The median's up about the same. The Isles, Chicago and Washington seem to still struggle. Nashville, Anaheim and Carolina improved, but two of those team are top teams and Anaheim had a decent season too - one would hope they would've done better. St. Louis fell off the map - their paying fan base doesn't seem to be too elastic.

I assume this means down/flat revenues (although above expectations, which would increase the cap number).

Old
04-18-2006, 12:49 PM
The New Originals

its a small step in the right direction

Old
04-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Fletch

Lateralus?

just noticed that...I'm likely going to the show in Philly (Tower Theatre) in May, and possibly Chicago too, since I can't do NYC.

Old
04-18-2006, 12:57 PM
True Blue

There was an ESPN report a little while back that statet that while yes, the attendance figures are slightly better, ratings are actually down from the prior year. Basically, it said that the league is doing slightly better, but not anywhere near the extent as Bettman would have you believe
What did you expect though? This league gets only higher national coverage than MLS. I really do not know if OLN was the way to go. Maybe they should have tried for the USA network.

Old
04-18-2006, 01:05 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Ive read in a few places that generally attendance was up... but that isnt the only indication that the new cba is working for the nhl...

In some cases even though attendance is down, so are the ticket prices and salaries, ect... Its funny how that combines to make a better fiscal landscape for certain teams such as the Caps.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163102&hubname=nhl

Closed Thread