HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tobias Enstrom to Colorado?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2012, 09:45 PM
  #51
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,882
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I don't think we could get Burmistrov back. Maybe Little. Colorado, and more specifically Greg Sherman, has had heavy interest in him for a couple of years.
Just curious, if you feel comfortable answering that is, but from what you had heard, did you believe the Avs were close to getting Little last year?

And do you believe that they're done attempting to acquire him?

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:51 PM
  #52
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,318
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Just curious, if you feel comfortable answering that is, but from what you had heard, did you believe the Avs were close to getting Little last year?

And do you believe that they're done attempting to acquire him?
Well I don't know how close they were to getting him because I don't know anybody in management. I just know, from him, that the Avs have tried to get him a couple of times and his agent knows that. Sherman's interest remains strong. Fits exactly the type of player he wants.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:51 PM
  #53
broc
Registered User
 
broc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I'd do something like:

To WIN:
Stastny
O'Bryne

To COL:
Enstrom
Burmistrov
conditional 1st rd pick which turns into a 2nd rd pick if Enstrom re-signs in Colorado.
Pass. Easily.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:15 PM
  #54
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'
 
KodiakArrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Country: Germany
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
I just think the Jets are overvaluing Enstrom, not as a player, but as what they have left on a contract with him. To get Stastny and someone like Jones or Barrie for Enstrom and Little you'd be getting more value than what you would if Enstrom just decided to walk after this year.

KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:21 PM
  #55
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,152
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by FjordToBoard View Post
I just think the Jets are overvaluing Enstrom, not as a player, but as what they have left on a contract with him. To get Stastny and someone like Jones or Barrie for Enstrom and Little you'd be getting more value than what you would if Enstrom just decided to walk after this year.
Can you blame them? He's an "in demand" player and I doubt any team trades for him without a good inclination he will re-sign.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:14 PM
  #56
km204
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
To Col:

Enstrom
Burmi

To Wpg:

Stastny
Elliot

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:16 PM
  #57
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,396
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by km204 View Post
Stastny and Elliot for Enstrom and Burmi
Already been mentioned and already been denied by Jets fans, but as an Avs fans I would definitely consider this and in the end do it.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:17 PM
  #58
km204
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Already been mentioned and already been denied by Jets fans, but as an Avs fans I would definitely consider this and in the end do it.
I`m a Jets fan

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:25 PM
  #59
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,152
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by km204 View Post
To Col:

Enstrom
Burmi

To Wpg:

Stastny
Elliot
Value is there. Whether I made the trade or not would require more inside knowledge than anyone on this forum has.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
  #60
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,396
vCash: 50
^ I has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by km204 View Post
I`m a Jets fan
Ok then, accepted. Just add in a conditional draft pick if Enstorm signs.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:38 PM
  #61
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
I kinda like the idea of Enstrom and Burmistrov for Duchene/Stastny and Barrie, although that's largely because of how high I am on Burmi.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:51 AM
  #62
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FjordToBoard View Post
I just think the Jets are overvaluing Enstrom, not as a player, but as what they have left on a contract with him. To get Stastny and someone like Jones or Barrie for Enstrom and Little you'd be getting more value than what you would if Enstrom just decided to walk after this year.
I don't think the problem that most Jets fans have with the proposals have anything to do with Enstrom, more in that they don't want to give up the other parts of the deal. Little and a 1st? Burmistrov and a 1st/2nd? Not too interested there.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:45 AM
  #63
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,487
vCash: 50
Avs won't trade for Enstrom if they don't get a chance to negotiate his new contract before the trade goes down, just like the Sharks did with Burns. Conditional picks from Jets aren't needed in that case, what do Winnipeg fans think about this:

To COL:

Enstrom
Burmistrov

To WIN:

Stastny
Barrie
mid-level prospect or a 2nd round pick

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:13 AM
  #64
PostmanPat1919
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Avs won't trade for Enstrom if they don't get a chance to negotiate his new contract before the trade goes down, just like the Sharks did with Burns. Conditional picks from Jets aren't needed in that case, what do Winnipeg fans think about this:

To COL:

Enstrom
Burmistrov

To WIN:

Stastny
Barrie
mid-level prospect or a 2nd round pick
Nope. Don't really see a reason to move Burmistrov from a Winnipeg point of view.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:21 AM
  #65
MacWinnon
Registered User
 
MacWinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mountains, Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
It would be great but I would also like to see something like a conditional 2nd coming back Winnipegs way. I am really struggling with how close it is. Would like to hear some input from others as well. I kind of feel like Winnipeg might be giving up too much but am not really too sure.
I'd do this...

MacWinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:21 AM
  #66
MacWinnon
Registered User
 
MacWinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mountains, Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Avs won't trade for Enstrom if they don't get a chance to negotiate his new contract before the trade goes down, just like the Sharks did with Burns. Conditional picks from Jets aren't needed in that case, what do Winnipeg fans think about this:

To COL:

Enstrom
Burmistrov

To WIN:

Stastny
Barrie
mid-level prospect or a 2nd round pick
They aren't going to like this...pretty sure they think very highly of Burmistrov.

MacWinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:47 AM
  #67
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I'd do something like:

To WIN:
Stastny
O'Bryne

To COL:
Enstrom
Burmistrov
conditional 1st rd pick which turns into a 2nd rd pick if Enstrom re-signs in Colorado.
That's a little one-sided and by 'a little' I mean ridiculously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Don't you know, this thread is Colorado fans making deals with Colorado fans, lol. No Jets fan likes these deals. I think this thread could have stayed on the Avs board with the way things are going.
This is what happens when one fan base doesn't join in enough in the first 3 pages. A #1D apparently isn't worth much so you have to add one of your top young players and a first-round pick . People are really overvaluing Stastny and undervaluing Enstrom and Burmistrov, who isn't going to be traded as a throw-in. Stastny is really overpaid and now 2 seasons removed from good productivity; If the choice was between him or something between a Burns to Kaberle-type return, which Enstrom should easily get, I wouldn't even consider Stastny as an option straight up. The Jets certainly wouldn't be adding.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:54 AM
  #68
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'
 
KodiakArrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Country: Germany
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
This is what happens when one fan base doesn't join in enough in the first 3 pages. A #1D apparently isn't worth much so you have to add one of your top young players and a first-round pick . People are really overvaluing Stastny and undervaluing Enstrom and Burmistrov, who isn't going to be traded as a throw-in. Stastny is really overpaid and now 2 seasons removed from good productivity; If the choice was between him or something between a Burns to Kaberle-type return, which Enstrom should easily get, I wouldn't even consider Stastny as an option straight up. The Jets certainly wouldn't be adding.
Enstrom with a multi-year contract commands a lot of respect and would certainly bring you a lot of value, but an Enstrom with 1-year left on his contract is going to bring in much less. What Burmistrov and the CONDITIONAL 1st are is a guarantee the Avs don't get shafted if Enstrom walks.

KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
  #69
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,294
vCash: 50
These proposals are terrible value for Winnipeg.

So Winnipeg needs to throw in conditional picks for Enstrom because he has 1 year left, but Stasty is full value even though his contract is only 1 year longer? C'mon.

The Jets would be foolish to add a bunch of value on top of Enstrom to get Stastny. Those are very comparable pieces.

And not that Jokinen is Stastny, but with the signing of Jokinen, the glaring need for a centre has been lessened. The Jets aren't going to take a hit on an Enstrom trade just to get a centre now.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:00 AM
  #70
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,294
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FjordToBoard View Post
Enstrom with a multi-year contract commands a lot of respect and would certainly bring you a lot of value, but an Enstrom with 1-year left on his contract is going to bring in much less. What Burmistrov and the CONDITIONAL 1st are is a guarantee the Avs don't get shafted if Enstrom walks.
And what happens if Stastny walks after his 1 year longer contract compared to Enstrom?

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
  #71
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,152
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
And what happens if Stastny walks after his 1 year longer contract compared to Enstrom?
I've never seen anyone hesitate over someone with a two year deal... but for argument's sake. You should have no trouble re-signing him if you offer him the same salary. Which I assume you'd be fine with if you traded for him.

As for the comment about Stastny & Kaberle/Burns deals... Stastny > 1st, 2nd, Colborne. Stastny + 2nd ~ Setoguchi, Coyle, 1st (tough one to gauge, since Coyle hadn't broken out as a prospect and Setoguchi hadn't had another tough year).

He'd have Kane, Wheeler and Ladd to work with (plus Little and/or Burmi) whom are all excellent options for the type of game Stastny plays. It's not even a question he'd perform well in the east with a winger like Kane, it's a forgone conclusion in my mind.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
  #72
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
That's a little one-sided and by 'a little' I mean ridiculously.



This is what happens when one fan base doesn't join in enough in the first 3 pages. A #1D apparently isn't worth much so you have to add one of your top young players and a first-round pick . People are really overvaluing Stastny and undervaluing Enstrom and Burmistrov, who isn't going to be traded as a throw-in. Stastny is really overpaid and now 2 seasons removed from good productivity; If the choice was between him or something between a Burns to Kaberle-type return, which Enstrom should easily get, I wouldn't even consider Stastny as an option straight up. The Jets certainly wouldn't be adding.
So the Avs give up the best player in the deal who has more than 1 year on his contract in Stastny, and a serviceable 3rd pairing, good PK defenseman for Enstrom good player but is a UFA with no guarantee that he would even sign in Colorado after the season, Burmistrov a talented but so far under-achieving center, and a conditional pick. So basically the Jets get 2 reliable players one which is a top line center (hard to get), whereas the Avs get 2 question marks one that may or may not resign and another who may or may not become the player Stastny already is. The Avs are the ones taking all the risk. I think you may need to re-evaluate the value of players, UFAs not much value as they have all the power and team trading for is taking a huge risk, under-achieving young player with talent < already established 26 yr old capable 1st line center.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:22 AM
  #73
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,294
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I've never seen anyone hesitate over someone with a two year deal... but for argument's sake. You should have no trouble re-signing him if you offer him the same salary. Which I assume you'd be fine with if you traded for him.

As for the comment about Stastny & Kaberle/Burns deals... Stastny > 1st, 2nd, Colborne. Stastny + 2nd ~ Setoguchi, Coyle, 1st (tough one to gauge, since Coyle hadn't broken out as a prospect and Setoguchi hadn't had another tough year).

He'd have Kane, Wheeler and Ladd to work with (plus Little and/or Burmi) whom are all excellent options for the type of game Stastny plays. It's not even a question he'd perform well in the east with a winger like Kane, it's a forgone conclusion in my mind.
The same could be said for Enstrom as well then. If the Avs are fine with trading for him, then they should have no problem offering him the money and signing him.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:25 AM
  #74
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,152
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
The same could be said for Enstrom as well then. If the Avs are fine with trading for him, then they should have no problem offering him the money and signing him.
I don't disagree. That's why I didn't think any conditionals would be needed personally.

But Stastny/Enstrom have similar value to us with or without extensions.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:11 AM
  #75
Gm0ney
Registered User
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,631
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
So the Avs give up the best player in the deal who has more than 1 year on his contract in Stastny, and a serviceable 3rd pairing, good PK defenseman for Enstrom good player but is a UFA with no guarantee that he would even sign in Colorado after the season, Burmistrov a talented but so far under-achieving center, and a conditional pick. So basically the Jets get 2 reliable players one which is a top line center (hard to get), whereas the Avs get 2 question marks one that may or may not resign and another who may or may not become the player Stastny already is. The Avs are the ones taking all the risk. I think you may need to re-evaluate the value of players, UFAs not much value as they have all the power and team trading for is taking a huge risk, under-achieving young player with talent < already established 26 yr old capable 1st line center.
I think it's highly debatable whether Stastny's the best player in the deal. Stastny's had two straight off years. Enstrom had one off year last year (due to injury). Their values are pretty close and the only significant difference is the time remaining on their contracts.

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.