HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tobias Enstrom to Colorado?

Old
07-09-2012, 09:45 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I don't think we could get Burmistrov back. Maybe Little. Colorado, and more specifically Greg Sherman, has had heavy interest in him for a couple of years.
Just curious, if you feel comfortable answering that is, but from what you had heard, did you believe the Avs were close to getting Little last year?

And do you believe that they're done attempting to acquire him?

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:51 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Just curious, if you feel comfortable answering that is, but from what you had heard, did you believe the Avs were close to getting Little last year?

And do you believe that they're done attempting to acquire him?
Well I don't know how close they were to getting him because I don't know anybody in management. I just know, from him, that the Avs have tried to get him a couple of times and his agent knows that. Sherman's interest remains strong. Fits exactly the type of player he wants.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:51 PM
broc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I'd do something like:

To WIN:
Stastny
O'Bryne

To COL:
Enstrom
Burmistrov
conditional 1st rd pick which turns into a 2nd rd pick if Enstrom re-signs in Colorado.
Pass. Easily.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:15 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

I just think the Jets are overvaluing Enstrom, not as a player, but as what they have left on a contract with him. To get Stastny and someone like Jones or Barrie for Enstrom and Little you'd be getting more value than what you would if Enstrom just decided to walk after this year.

KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by FjordToBoard View Post
I just think the Jets are overvaluing Enstrom, not as a player, but as what they have left on a contract with him. To get Stastny and someone like Jones or Barrie for Enstrom and Little you'd be getting more value than what you would if Enstrom just decided to walk after this year.
Can you blame them? He's an "in demand" player and I doubt any team trades for him without a good inclination he will re-sign.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:14 PM
km204

To Col:

Enstrom
Burmi

To Wpg:

Stastny
Elliot

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:16 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by km204 View Post
Stastny and Elliot for Enstrom and Burmi
Already been mentioned and already been denied by Jets fans, but as an Avs fans I would definitely consider this and in the end do it.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:17 PM
km204

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Already been mentioned and already been denied by Jets fans, but as an Avs fans I would definitely consider this and in the end do it.
I`m a Jets fan

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
To Col:

Enstrom
Burmi

To Wpg:

Stastny
Elliot
Value is there. Whether I made the trade or not would require more inside knowledge than anyone on this forum has.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

^ I has.
Quote:
I`m a Jets fan
Ok then, accepted. Just add in a conditional draft pick if Enstorm signs.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:38 PM
cgf

I kinda like the idea of Enstrom and Burmistrov for Duchene/Stastny and Barrie, although that's largely because of how high I am on Burmi.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:51 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
I don't think the problem that most Jets fans have with the proposals have anything to do with Enstrom, more in that they don't want to give up the other parts of the deal. Little and a 1st? Burmistrov and a 1st/2nd? Not too interested there.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:45 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Avs won't trade for Enstrom if they don't get a chance to negotiate his new contract before the trade goes down, just like the Sharks did with Burns. Conditional picks from Jets aren't needed in that case, what do Winnipeg fans think about this:

To COL:

Enstrom
Burmistrov

To WIN:

Stastny
Barrie
mid-level prospect or a 2nd round pick

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:13 AM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Avs won't trade for Enstrom if they don't get a chance to negotiate his new contract before the trade goes down, just like the Sharks did with Burns. Conditional picks from Jets aren't needed in that case, what do Winnipeg fans think about this:

To COL:

Enstrom
Burmistrov

To WIN:

Stastny
Barrie
Nope. Don't really see a reason to move Burmistrov from a Winnipeg point of view.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:21 AM
MacWinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
It would be great but I would also like to see something like a conditional 2nd coming back Winnipegs way. I am really struggling with how close it is. Would like to hear some input from others as well. I kind of feel like Winnipeg might be giving up too much but am not really too sure.
I'd do this...

MacWinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:21 AM
MacWinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post

To COL:

Enstrom
Burmistrov

To WIN:

Stastny
Barrie
They aren't going to like this...pretty sure they think very highly of Burmistrov.

MacWinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:47 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
I'd do something like:

To WIN:
Stastny
O'Bryne

To COL:
Enstrom
Burmistrov
conditional 1st rd pick which turns into a 2nd rd pick if Enstrom re-signs in Colorado.
That's a little one-sided and by 'a little' I mean ridiculously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Don't you know, this thread is Colorado fans making deals with Colorado fans, lol. No Jets fan likes these deals. I think this thread could have stayed on the Avs board with the way things are going.
This is what happens when one fan base doesn't join in enough in the first 3 pages. A #1D apparently isn't worth much so you have to add one of your top young players and a first-round pick . People are really overvaluing Stastny and undervaluing Enstrom and Burmistrov, who isn't going to be traded as a throw-in. Stastny is really overpaid and now 2 seasons removed from good productivity; If the choice was between him or something between a Burns to Kaberle-type return, which Enstrom should easily get, I wouldn't even consider Stastny as an option straight up. The Jets certainly wouldn't be adding.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:54 AM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
This is what happens when one fan base doesn't join in enough in the first 3 pages. A #1D apparently isn't worth much so you have to add one of your top young players and a first-round pick . People are really overvaluing Stastny and undervaluing Enstrom and Burmistrov, who isn't going to be traded as a throw-in. Stastny is really overpaid and now 2 seasons removed from good productivity; If the choice was between him or something between a Burns to Kaberle-type return, which Enstrom should easily get, I wouldn't even consider Stastny as an option straight up. The Jets certainly wouldn't be adding.
Enstrom with a multi-year contract commands a lot of respect and would certainly bring you a lot of value, but an Enstrom with 1-year left on his contract is going to bring in much less. What Burmistrov and the CONDITIONAL 1st are is a guarantee the Avs don't get shafted if Enstrom walks.

KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Huffer

These proposals are terrible value for Winnipeg.

So Winnipeg needs to throw in conditional picks for Enstrom because he has 1 year left, but Stasty is full value even though his contract is only 1 year longer? C'mon.

The Jets would be foolish to add a bunch of value on top of Enstrom to get Stastny. Those are very comparable pieces.

And not that Jokinen is Stastny, but with the signing of Jokinen, the glaring need for a centre has been lessened. The Jets aren't going to take a hit on an Enstrom trade just to get a centre now.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Enstrom with a multi-year contract commands a lot of respect and would certainly bring you a lot of value, but an Enstrom with 1-year left on his contract is going to bring in much less. What Burmistrov and the CONDITIONAL 1st are is a guarantee the Avs don't get shafted if Enstrom walks.
And what happens if Stastny walks after his 1 year longer contract compared to Enstrom?

Old
07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
And what happens if Stastny walks after his 1 year longer contract compared to Enstrom?
I've never seen anyone hesitate over someone with a two year deal... but for argument's sake. You should have no trouble re-signing him if you offer him the same salary. Which I assume you'd be fine with if you traded for him.

As for the comment about Stastny & Kaberle/Burns deals... Stastny > 1st, 2nd, Colborne. Stastny + 2nd ~ Setoguchi, Coyle, 1st (tough one to gauge, since Coyle hadn't broken out as a prospect and Setoguchi hadn't had another tough year).

He'd have Kane, Wheeler and Ladd to work with (plus Little and/or Burmi) whom are all excellent options for the type of game Stastny plays. It's not even a question he'd perform well in the east with a winger like Kane, it's a forgone conclusion in my mind.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
That's a little one-sided and by 'a little' I mean ridiculously.

So the Avs give up the best player in the deal who has more than 1 year on his contract in Stastny, and a serviceable 3rd pairing, good PK defenseman for Enstrom good player but is a UFA with no guarantee that he would even sign in Colorado after the season, Burmistrov a talented but so far under-achieving center, and a conditional pick. So basically the Jets get 2 reliable players one which is a top line center (hard to get), whereas the Avs get 2 question marks one that may or may not resign and another who may or may not become the player Stastny already is. The Avs are the ones taking all the risk. I think you may need to re-evaluate the value of players, UFAs not much value as they have all the power and team trading for is taking a huge risk, under-achieving young player with talent < already established 26 yr old capable 1st line center.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I've never seen anyone hesitate over someone with a two year deal... but for argument's sake. You should have no trouble re-signing him if you offer him the same salary. Which I assume you'd be fine with if you traded for him.

As for the comment about Stastny & Kaberle/Burns deals... Stastny > 1st, 2nd, Colborne. Stastny + 2nd ~ Setoguchi, Coyle, 1st (tough one to gauge, since Coyle hadn't broken out as a prospect and Setoguchi hadn't had another tough year).

He'd have Kane, Wheeler and Ladd to work with (plus Little and/or Burmi) whom are all excellent options for the type of game Stastny plays. It's not even a question he'd perform well in the east with a winger like Kane, it's a forgone conclusion in my mind.
The same could be said for Enstrom as well then. If the Avs are fine with trading for him, then they should have no problem offering him the money and signing him.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
The same could be said for Enstrom as well then. If the Avs are fine with trading for him, then they should have no problem offering him the money and signing him.
I don't disagree. That's why I didn't think any conditionals would be needed personally.

But Stastny/Enstrom have similar value to us with or without extensions.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
So the Avs give up the best player in the deal who has more than 1 year on his contract in Stastny, and a serviceable 3rd pairing, good PK defenseman for Enstrom good player but is a UFA with no guarantee that he would even sign in Colorado after the season, Burmistrov a talented but so far under-achieving center, and a conditional pick. So basically the Jets get 2 reliable players one which is a top line center (hard to get), whereas the Avs get 2 question marks one that may or may not resign and another who may or may not become the player Stastny already is. The Avs are the ones taking all the risk. I think you may need to re-evaluate the value of players, UFAs not much value as they have all the power and team trading for is taking a huge risk, under-achieving young player with talent < already established 26 yr old capable 1st line center.
I think it's highly debatable whether Stastny's the best player in the deal. Stastny's had two straight off years. Enstrom had one off year last year (due to injury). Their values are pretty close and the only significant difference is the time remaining on their contracts.

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote