HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

mtl - cgy

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 05:34 AM
heathfilms*

vCash: 500
mtl - cgy

To Montreal

Sven Bärtschi
Jay Bouwmeester

To Calgary

1st Rounder 2013
Raphael Diaz
Tomáš Kaberle
Yannick Weber

thoughts?

if you prefer to change calgary tell me what you would want but Tomáš Kaberle has to stay the rest you can change

untouchable

Price
Subban
Patches
DD
Cole
Plekenec
Gorges
Galchenyuk

Old
07-10-2012, 05:41 AM
nhlfan9191

I'm a habs fan but there ain't a chance in **** Calgary would do this. Sven Bartschi is untouchable.

Old
07-10-2012, 06:01 AM
drewskiv

vCash: 4490
No way in hell the flames do this without subban or galchenyuk dont propose crap for quality please

Old
07-10-2012, 06:02 AM
JurassicTunga

Oh my.

Absolutely not

Old
07-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
To Montreal

Jay Bouwmeester

To Calgary

1st Rounder 2013
TomᚠKaberle

ther fixed it to a more reasonable offer for you...but that isn't too likely but at least realistic.

There is ZERO CHANCE of getting Sven Bärtschi out of a Flames Uni

Old
07-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Haatley

this isn't even close.
change bartschi to granlund and you might be a little closer, but bartschi is the flames only blue chip prospect, what the hell makes you think they're gonna trade him while montreal's good young players are all "untouchable"?

Old
07-10-2012, 07:58 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Yeah, no. Not even close.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:16 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiv View Post
No way in hell the flames do this without subban or galchenyuk dont propose crap for quality please
Please, can we just pretend this guy doesn't exist anymore? He will be the face of our franchise in a year and be our Seguin/Hall; won't ever be traded so let's put that fantasy to rest.

And it's quite annoying when the only thing other fanbases can come up with is "OMGZ, THIs PLAYER REQUIRES MASSIVE OVERPAYEMENT, ONLY SUBBAN WILL DO OR NO DEALZ!!!@" You're not getting Subban out of Montreal, so forget that too.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Trades for prospects NEVER work. There's a sort of added value to the simple idea that a prospect could be good, especially on HFBoards.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Please, can we just pretend this guy doesn't exist anymore? He will be the face of our franchise in a year and be our Seguin/Hall; won't ever be traded so let's put that fantasy to rest.

And it's quite annoying when the only thing other fanbases can come up with is "OMGZ, THIs PLAYER REQUIRES MASSIVE OVERPAYEMENT, ONLY SUBBAN WILL DO OR NO DEALZ!!!@" You're not getting Subban out of Montreal, so forget that too.
Well then, there's nothing else that the Flames would want then, as the proposal is asking for our best prospect.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:23 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Counter:

Bouwmeester & one of Jackman, Stempniak or Comeau

for

2013 1st, Kaberle and one of Beaulieu or Tinordi

Calgary would prefer a young forward with high potential forward, at either center or right wing, but that isn't Montreal's strength. I think this could work for well for both teams.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Heathfilms can you please stop making LOPSIDED proposals? Stop trolling.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:33 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Well then, there's nothing else that the Flames would want then, as the proposal is asking for our best prospect.
I was more talking along the lines of players like Burrows / Bouwmeester, etc... Bartschi is an excellent prospect but he does nothing for us, I didn't really consider him.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:35 AM
helgo

Quote:
So you are basically saying "stop asking for our best prospect, it's so annoying and you're not gonna get him" in thread, where fellow Habs fan is offering garbage for best prospect of other organization. Man, talk about irony...

Old
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

OP:

Old
07-10-2012, 08:47 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
So you are basically saying "stop asking for our best prospect, it's so annoying and you're not gonna get him" in thread, where fellow Habs fan is offering garbage for best prospect of other organization. Man, talk about irony...
As I said above, I don't have much interest in Bartschi. He's probably a blue-chipper but what makes him so much better than Gallagher or Holland? (Whom both outscored him in the WHL btw, Gallagher last year and Holland this year)

I mean, I like Bartschi, and I understand he's your best prospect and all, but him and J-Bow who's almost got negative value because of his contract and poor defensive play aren't worth a Subban type.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

As a Habs' fan, I have to say LOL.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Haatley

Quote:
As I said above, I don't have much interest in Bartschi. He's probably a blue-chipper but what makes him so much better than Gallagher or Holland? (Whom both outscored him in the WHL btw, Gallagher last year and Holland this year)

I mean, I like Bartschi, and I understand he's your best prospect and all, but him and J-Bow who's almost got negative value because of his contract and poor defensive play aren't worth a Subban type.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospec...gs-2011-2012/2 scroll to number 13
bouwmeester is better than subban at this point.

bartschi played on the 2nd line two years ago for the winter hawks.

holland scored at about 1.5 ppg
bartschi was 2 ppg (first to do that in the whl since joe sakic)

bartschi scored 3 goals in 5 nhl games.

was WIDELY considered the best player in the whl, even by opposing coaches.

read anything about bartschi and you'll see nothing but rave reviews.

what has galchenyuk done? i mean, bartschi missed a tonne of time due to injury, yet you mention people outscoring him. by your logic, everyone is better than galchenyuk cause EVERYONE outscored him last season (cause of his injury, but same type of statement you made)

Last edited by Haatley: 07-10-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Brian28

Quote:

You do realize Calgary fans say the same thing about Sven right? To them he is the biggest current piece of their future core and is seen by many (scouts and fans) as being the best prospect they have and the only one currently with the potential to replace Iginla when he either leaves or retires.

Would take an overpayment to get him out of Calgary hence core player for core player or bust.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:08 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Ah, you're one of those guys. Judges talent based on who had more total points rather than looking at players a sum of their parts. What makes Bartschi better than Gallagher and Holland? The ability to completely dominate the game every time he is on the ice? The ability to take a game over and will his team to win? The ability to make players around him that much better? The ability to do things at top speed and read the game at levels beyond his peers? Bartschi was the most dynamic player in the CHL last season for all the reasons listed. He was the best player and most valuable player on his team, by a wide margin. The only reason he didn't run away with the WHL scoring championship is because he missed 25 games with an injury. Comparing Bartschi to Gallagher or Holland is like comparing a Porsche to a Ford pickup.

Quote:
Bouwmeester is poor defensively and has negative value now? It really is annoying how these HF memes take root. Check the advanced stats and you'll see Bouwmeester was comparable to his peer group, especially on a team that had a negative differential. Bouwmeester's numbers are also a result of his forwards not getting the job done and backchecking. It's pretty easy to take a minus when you have a forward cherry-picking or not observing his defensive responsibilities. He's worth his contract IMO, but he's become a whipping boy with certain fans because he isn't putting up 40-50 points on a team that struggles to score. There is more to hockey than points, but your previous paragraph leads me to believe that is lost on you.

If I were Calgary I wouldn't go near Subban. The Flames dumped a better version of Subban because they couldn't handle his ego, so why would they go and trade for another egocentric problem? The Flames are looking for character players, not players who are characters. Subban is the latter and a guy I'd stay away from.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
1)bouwmeester is better than subban at this point.

2)holland scored at about 1.5 ppg

3)bartschi scored 3 goals in 5 nhl games.

was WIDELY considered the best player in the whl, even by opposing coaches.

4)what has galchenyuk done?
1) No.

2) That's great, because I didn't ask why is Bartschi better. I asked why is he so much better than Holland or Gallagher. Nitpicking one season is nice but if you look at their overall careers in the WHL Bartschi is pretty comparable to Gallagher, while Holland still put up an impressive 11-12 campain.

3) That's a very small sample size.

4) He's only done enough to be considered one of the best forward prospects in the world, not just on his own team.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Haatley

Quote:
1) No.

2) That's great, because I didn't ask why is Bartschi better. I asked why is he so much better than Holland or Gallagher. Nitpicking one season is nice but if you look at their overall careers in the WHL Bartschi is pretty comparable to Gallagher, while Holland still put up an impressive 11-12 campain.

3) That's a very small sample size.

4) He's only done enough to be considered one of the best forward prospects in the world, not just on his own team.

lol, you're delusional.
you obviously don't watch the chl at all.

enjoy subban and your russian kid.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:14 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Fallacy! Several players have done it since Sakic did it, Pavel Brendl being the last, IIRC.

Please don't blow Bartschi up into something he isn't. He's a great young player, but he is not the second coming. He'll likely be a great top six player on any team in the league, but he is not a generational talent. Then again, neither is anyone drafted from the previous few draft classes.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:15 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Bouwmeester is poor defensively and has negative value now? It really is annoying how these HF memes take root. Check the advanced stats and you'll see Bouwmeester was comparable to his peer group, especially on a team that had a negative differential. Bouwmeester's numbers are also a result of his forwards not getting the job done and backchecking. It's pretty easy to take a minus when you have a forward cherry-picking or not observing his defensive responsibilities. He's worth his contract IMO, but he's become a whipping boy with certain fans because he isn't putting up 40-50 points on a team that struggles to score. There is more to hockey than points, but your previous paragraph leads me to believe that is lost on you.

If I were Calgary I wouldn't go near Subban. The Flames dumped a better version of Subban because they couldn't handle his ego, so why would they go and trade for another egocentric problem? The Flames are looking for character players, not players who are characters. Subban is the latter and a guy I'd stay away from.
You gave me a description of Bartschi's skillset and that's nice, but I could say the same about Gallagher who is also better goal scorer than Bart, imo. I realize the game isn't played on stats sheet but at some point they have to count for something.

As for the bolded, you complain about HF memes then type that last paragraph?

Old
07-10-2012, 09:17 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
lol, you're delusional.
you obviously don't watch the chl at all.

enjoy subban and your russian kid.
Cool story, and I will thanks.

ps. he's american.

Closed Thread