HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy (Part IX): Generic Thread Title Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 12:16 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
He broke the third jersey story and also wrote an article in about Torts being a good fit for the Rangers 6 months before it actually happened. The guy was writing for BleacherReport for years. Not some random crackpot although could be looking for some followers.

He lives in my town (hazlet)...Maybe I'll drive around and look for a guy jogging wearing a Ranger t shirt and get some answers !
A year and a half before it happened, I was talking about Richards, how the Rangers desperately needed him, and how I was positive it would happen. That doesn't make me a source. It just means I can put two and two together. Saying the Rangers are going to get Nash is much the same thing. A lot of evidence to believe that it is going to happen one way or another. I hope not, and I'd love to be wrong about that one, but if it does happen, it doesn't mean this guy had a source. If it happens today at lunch, then maybe he does. If it happens in a week or two, it means he doesn't know anything.

But, yeah, I think everything that has happened to this point means it is pretty likely the Rangers will get Nash sooner or later. Those of us against the move, like myself, should just hope now that the package is as painfree as possible.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
Do you guys remember the poster "Code"? Whatever happened to him? I bought into him because he nailed the Peter Worrell signing (I know not much to nail) but then he floated this crazy Kovalchuck to the NYR for Jagr + (I believe Garth Murray and Josef Balej were rumoured, so this was circa 2004-05 ish).

Anyway, back on current activity. The Doan talk has quieted down with Morrow and the "#CBJ #NYR #TRADE" that will occur any minute.
He didn't nail the Peter Worrell signing. He said he was going to sign a contract with the Rangers. A month later he signed a try-out with Hartford.

He made up a fake story about working for an agency, and charged people money based on that lie. I hope he's in serious trouble because of it.

Old
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
A year and a half before it happened, I was talking about Richards, how the Rangers desperately needed him, and how I was positive it would happen.
Excuse me do you have a twitter I can follow? I like to keep up with all the people who have inside sources. Thanks.

Old
LordsCup*

Id rather trade for morrow then sign doan to a 4-5 yr deal, quite easily as long as the price is good.

Doan is better now but in 2-3 years hes going to be drury part 2. Morrow on a one year deal we can eithrr resign him next year or let him walk depending how he was.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Block More Shots

I think the guy is legit. Hey, I could be wrong, but I believe him. If it turns out he's wrong though, probably won't trust him for signing/trade rumors again.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
A year and a half before it happened, I was talking about Richards, how the Rangers desperately needed him, and how I was positive it would happen.
Is the Nash deal done? Are the Morrow rumors true?

Old
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
He broke the third jersey story and also wrote an article in about Torts being a good fit for the Rangers 6 months before it actually happened. The guy was writing for BleacherReport for years. Not some random crackpot although could be looking for some followers.

He lives in my town (hazlet)...Maybe I'll drive around and look for a guy jogging wearing a Ranger t shirt and get some answers !
You should jump him while he's running and get the source/details of the supposed trade!

Old
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Brendan Morrow - another "heart and soul" guy that would struggle to consistently produce at a top 6 level. 33 years old. 4.1M cap hit.

Why the hell do we need this guy?

Old
07-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Brendan Morrow - another "heart and soul" guy that would struggle to consistently produce at a top 6 level. 33 years old. 4.1M cap hit.

Why the hell do we need this guy?
You realize he just scored 33 goals before last year right?

Old
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Guys, discuss the rumor, not the source.

Thanks.
Thank you Boyler but if you don't mind me asking the forum, but Caggiano just basically claims the Rangers acquired Nash but didn't say who was going the other way. Caggiano already "let the cat out of the bag"...at least name the price.

Old
UAGoalieGuy

Morrow would be a decent option if it doesn't cost much to get him. Buy low.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Gabotrick

Do you think he can give me tomorrows lottery numbers, having his 'sources" tell him the winning numbers ahead of time?

Old
07-10-2012, 12:23 PM
KaOTiKM3

Quote:
Rick Nash's shortlist of teams he'd accept a trade to is reportedly Detroit, San Jose, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Boston, and the New York Rangers.
-Toronto Star

Old
07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Excuse me do you have a twitter I can follow? I like to keep up with all the people who have inside sources. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Is the Nash deal done? Are the Morrow rumors true?
I've been up since 3:30 AM, so I can't figure out if you guys are being sarcastic. But I hope you are because you noticed where I said "that doesn't make me a source" right after the part about Richards.

Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOTiKM3 View Post
-Toronto Star
No way! I never knew that! Wow! Shocking!

Old
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
Thank you Boyler but if you don't mind me asking the forum, but Caggiano just basically claims the Rangers acquired Nash but didn't say who was going the other way. Caggiano already "let the cat out of the bag"...at least name the price.
If he is in fact correct and has an inside source that provided him with his info, it's very possible that he cannot provide what pieces are going the other way. His source may or may not be able to open his mouth regarding stuff like this, more likely the latter I'd say. Also, who knows, his inside source might not even know, he might've just told him, "Hey, Nash deal is done. Will be announced tomorrow."

Old
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Different Time:

Yes, but I am not sure how that changes things and Shanahan should be worth more then Nash. Also there was no cap, so adding large salary didn't hurt as much.

Different Teams:

Only in Name, Detroit was trying to make a run at a cup, and Hartford aquired Shanahan from St Louis in order to make a playoff run a few years before. Similar to Columbus with Carter.

Different Scenario:

Not quite Shanahan was disgruntled with how things were going in Hartford, and wanted to go to a contender. Shanahan was the piece that was going to put Detroit over the top.

Different Everything: Even this trade talk went on for Month's, that is why Coffey had the time to say he wouldn't play for Hartford. But still did a couple of games.

If anything it seems almost identical in almost every way except it was 16 years earlier, and that significantly lowers Nash's value
So you say it's just about identical, except for all the glaring differences such as cap and being a different era, the fact that Shanny was worth more than Nash, and different teams/staff. The only similarities that are real are that Nash wants out of his current situation and that this has gone on for months.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:27 PM
KaOTiKM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
No way! I never knew that! Wow! Shocking!
Well I'm glad you do, I quickly checked the thread and didn't see it on here. I'm sorry I don't pore over this thread 24/7.

Old
Block More Shots

Quote:
I've been up since 3:30 AM, so I can't figure out if you guys are being sarcastic. But I hope you are because you noticed where I said "that doesn't make me a source" right after the part about Richards.
Listen, we know you're highly regarded around the hockey twitter world, don't beat around the bush!

Old
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Yeah, most definitely sarcastic.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:28 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Well I'm glad you do, I quickly checked the thread and didn't see it on here. I'm sorry I don't pore over this thread 24/7.
It's not exactly news. That info has been around for a while now and changes on a daily basis whenever Howson feels like leaking something new.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

I found a picture of the elusive Sting-lund!

Old
07-10-2012, 12:30 PM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
He didn't nail the Peter Worrell signing. He said he was going to sign a contract with the Rangers. A month later he signed a try-out with Hartford.

He made up a fake story about working for an agency, and charged people money based on that lie. I hope he's in serious trouble because of it.
Wow, how did you find out about that -31-?

Old
07-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
-Toronto Star
Big shock... and 2 can't trade for him (Detroit, Pittsburgh)

Old
07-10-2012, 12:31 PM
KaOTiKM3

I wasn't aware that he completely ruled out Canadian teams

Closed Thread