HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Once again, there's no way the Wild trade for Plekanec and that's a really good thing.

I think he should stay with the Habs.

Old
07-08-2012, 01:54 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Once again, there's no way the Wild trade for Plekanec and that's a really good thing.

I think he should stay with the Habs.
Yep, heard you the first time brosef.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
07-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
The same Charlie Coyle who currently has zero professional hockey games played in his career? That Charlie Coyle?
Which is why he should play in the AHL next season.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:50 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Minnesota Wild's GM Chuck Fletcher feels so badly about the Parise/Suter signings he decides to loan the Habs Charlie Coyle. To help the Hamilton Bulldogs/Montreal Canadiens in their quest for the glory days of old he accepts the Habs offer of Y.Weber for Coyle,the rest of the teams in the NHL recognize the need for good PR like the Wild receives for their good deed and offer to help Montreal pay Nashville for Shea Weber so the Habs players won't miss Yannick so much.The Hab fans are so deliriously happy at the state of affairs they stop trying to give the other teams in the NHL their scraps for stars in their proposed trades.All is well in the world and peace reigns in the Hab Empire.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:47 PM
FF de Mars

What do you guys think of a Niederreiter - Eller swap ? Nino in the AHL the whole year could develop properly. He's big and talented. Eller has proven more in the NHL, but Nino has high end potential.

Old
07-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
What do you guys think of a Niederreiter - Eller swap ? Nino in the AHL the whole year could develop properly. He's big and talented. Eller has proven more in the NHL, but Nino has high end potential.
No Nino is busting I know its too soon but they brought him up too early ... Eller is perfect for us and I dont wana give him away anytime soon

Old
07-08-2012, 08:03 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
No Nino is busting I know its too soon but they brought him up too early ... Eller is perfect for us and I dont wana give him away anytime soon
Nino is 19 and you call him a bust ?

Old
07-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Read the sentence twice and then a third time .. I said he is busting not a bust yet because they brought him up too early and stuck him on 4th line.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:39 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
Read the sentence twice and then a third time .. I said he is busting not a bust yet because they brought him up too early and stuck him on 4th line.
He's not busting out ! He's super young. He's only 2 years older than Galchenyuk.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
He's not busting out ! He's super young. He's only 2 years older than Galchenyuk.
he was rushed. Give him a full year in the AHL to get his timing and confidence and he'll be a really good 2nd line wigner, borderline 1st liner

Old
07-09-2012, 01:17 PM
JHabs61

I saw this somewhere and I'm not sure if its good or bad

To CHI:

Tomas Plekanec
P.K. Subban

To MTL

Patrick Kane
Niklas Hjalmarsson

I know Plekanec is a great team player, defensive and offensive, blah, blah.
But we also have Eller to take his place, in a similar mold.
I'm not sure about Hjalmarrson or if hes a shutdown guy we need.
Of course getting rid of Subban would hurt, but we have a lot of offensive D in the system.

Kane - Desharnais - Pacioretty
Cole - Eller - Gionta
Bourque - Leblanc/Gomez - Armstrong/Moen
Prust - White/Nokia - Moen/Armstrong

Markov - Gorges
Hjalmarsson - Emelin
Kaberle/Diaz - Bouillon

Its seem decent, what do you guys think?

If Markov gets injured, then we're f'd. But we would get a high draft pick and then next year one of our AHL D(Tinordi/Beaulieu) could make an impact in the NHL.

What do you guys think?

Old
07-09-2012, 01:38 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post

To CHI:

Tomas Plekanec
P.K. Subban

To MTL

Patrick Kane
Niklas Hjalmarsson

Of course getting rid of Subban would hurt, but we have a lot of offensive D in the system.

Cole - Eller - Gionta

Markov - Gorges
Hjalmarsson - Emelin
Kaberle/Diaz - Bouillon

If Markov gets injured, then we're f'd. But we would get a high draft pick and then next year one of our AHL D(Tinordi/Beaulieu) could make an impact in the NHL.

What do you guys think?
Since this eerily reminds me of Savard and Chelios all over again... I would say no...

If Markov truly is banged up and doesn't return to form... Well we just lost our future number one defensemen and our strongest two way forward...

We add an elite offensive talent but we downgrade on defense quite a bit... I don't think I do this from a Habs POV since the difference between Pleks and Kane is not as big as people make it out to be when you compare their overall games to each other. Plus imagine what Kane would do in the MTL strip clubs.... don't wanna teach our kids the wrong thing

Old
07-09-2012, 01:45 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Since this eerily reminds me of Savard and Chelios all over again... I would say no...

If Markov truly is banged up and doesn't return to form... Well we just lost our future number one defensemen and our strongest two way forward...

We add an elite offensive talent but we downgrade on defense quite a bit... I don't think I do this from a Habs POV since the difference between Pleks and Kane is not as big as people make it out to be when you compare their overall games to each other. Plus imagine what Kane would do in the MTL strip clubs.... don't wanna teach our kids the wrong thing
This is my take, and yes, even with Brisbois there to watch over him, Kane sounds like hes way over doing it and that doesnt fit with the Habs image it wants to project or the type of team MB wants. Please, a big NO.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Miller Time

Quote:

To CHI:

Tomas Plekanec
P.K. Subban

To MTL

Patrick Kane
Niklas Hjalmarsson

Cole - Eller - Gionta

Markov - Gorges
Hjalmarsson - Emelin
Kaberle/Diaz - Bouillon

What do you guys think?
Hell no.

aside from having ZERO interest in Kane, value/fit-wise, it makes no sense for us.

Short-term the swap makes us worse, probably MUCH worse (Kane next to Eller/DD might be nice, but would not make-up for what we lose in Plekanec defensively, nor the huge downgrade from Hjal to Subban).

Long term, Subban could very well be a better asset than Kane, and I doubt Hjal progresses to the point that he's a more valuable asset than Plekanec.

Old
07-09-2012, 02:02 PM
yianik

Man, I hate seeing all these Pleks trade rumours. The guy is a really good, hard working, solid player with a good cap hit who wants to be in Montreal, and so many people want to move him. Im sure if he had gone UFA and walked people would have called him down and gone on about no loyalty.
Sure, you always have to be open to improving the team through any means, including trades. I just think ithat trading Pleks now makes no sense. The Flyers trade from a deep roster, they move a first line center in Carter because Giroux is ready to step in, as an example. If DD keeps it up, which I expect he will, if Eller shows he can really handle things defensively, which includes a big improvement in face-offs, and if Gally looks ready to step in and PRODUCE, probably after another year in junior, then we will have the deepness to trade a player of Pleks quality and importance to the team. Do it beforehand and its just another random "lets hope for the best" trade the Habs have been making the past few decades, which usually have been busts.
Same goes for Subban in terms of his potential. Would trade PK for Weber though if Weber was on a long term deal. Need a number 1 D-man and PK is the best we have to fill that job once Markov is gone.

Old
07-10-2012, 06:00 AM
Fozz

Nashville and Phoenix are both more than $10M from the cap floor... Could they be desperate enough to want Gomez's cap floor friendly contract?

Old
07-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Nashville and Phoenix are both more than $10M from the cap floor... Could they be desperate enough to want Gomez's cap floor friendly contract?
au nom du Pere et du Fils et du Saint-Esprit !

Old
07-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
If i'm trading Pleks, it's most likely to Anaheim in a package for Ryan.
I'm not convinced Plekanec for Ryan is a good deal let alone adding other elements. I think Ryan is a 25-25-50/55 calibre guy away from Perry and Getzlaf and not worth the headaches.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post

So if you're Phoenix, why not give your captain & heart & soul of the team, Gomez's type money & get 100% more bang for your buck???

Old
07-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

To CHI:

Tomas Plekanec
P.K. Subban

To MTL

Patrick Kane
Niklas Hjalmarsson

Cole - Eller - Gionta

Markov - Gorges
Hjalmarsson - Emelin
Kaberle/Diaz - Bouillon

What do you guys think?
I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole! Everyone can see that Kane is heading 100 miles/hr towards a brick wall with his off-ice drinking and partying. That alone is a non-starter. Trading him for a true pro like Plekanec, then add one of the best upcoming young defenseman? Never.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole! Everyone can see that Kane is heading 100 miles/hr towards a brick wall with his off-ice drinking and partying. That alone is a non-starter. Trading him for a true pro like Plekanec, then add one of the best upcoming young defenseman? Never.
Unless Kane can take it up a notch, I wouldn't trade Plekanec for him straight up.

Yeah he will outproduce Pleks but is nowhere near as well rounded a player. Plus when you add in the off ice stuff, it's no deal. I think that kind of deal would turn into Gomez II when Kane goes off the rails and Subban develops into a top 5 or top 10 NHL d-man(he isn't that far off right now).

Old
07-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
So if you're Phoenix, why not give your captain & heart & soul of the team, Gomez's type money & get 100% more bang for your buck???
Because is free to go wherever he wants and chose not to stay in Phoenix. Nothing they can do about it.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
shhhh. don't tell them

seriously though, maybe he decides to walk. if he does, there is a 1 in a billion shot that we can pawn one of those two off on PHX.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxhab View Post
shhhh. Don't tell them

Seriously though, maybe he decides to walk. If he does, there is a 1 in a billion shot that we can pawn one of those two off on phx.

ok

Old
07-10-2012, 11:24 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
So their 2nd line center solution next year, is Cullen/Bouchard...

And that screams "cup contender" to you?

Okay then, to each their own.

Closed Thread