HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs back to CJAD

Old
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
havok78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoNot View Post
Tsn990 has been so bad especially since they made Marinaro their poster boy. Who wants to have a guy just there to tell people how he's always right and turning nothing into large consipracies? Good ridance really I use to listen to them everyday but got so fed up i haven't listened to them in years. Probably took Bergevin a week of listening to that garbage before sending the request to the higher ups to return the show to CJAD, at least CJAD has real comentators.
I ahve to agree with this, as much as i like some of the DJ i couldnt stand a few too, and grew tired and tuned them off, with internet, and social media, i get my fix that way and form my own opnion, just like the old CKAC as soon as they said they'd take calls i'd change stations...
The good commentators will get other jobs for sure (Like Melnick etc)

havok78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Kenny Powders

**** me, I love Shawn Starr ..

Wont get my daily dose of Bob Marley each mornings ...

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplecitizen View Post
It sucks, yes, but nowhere near as much as not having a French one until 18:30.
Amazing, well thought out.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
I wish we could have both. I honestly do. But if If there HAS to be just one, you go with the one with the largest potential listener base.

CKAC going away ****ed everything up.
So we lost another sports station and all we gained was a traffic radio? rofl

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
It sucks, yes, but nowhere near as much as not having a French one until 18:30.
Why wouldn't it suck as much?

Can we stop this completely moronic and immature debate.

We should have two sports stations, people shouldn't have to chose. On CKAC, they didn't have segments with guys like Bobby Mac, Darren Dreger or Pierre McGuire. Even if you don't like DD or PM, at least they made interesting interviews as they are well connected in the NHL. Bobby Mac is the best insider, haven't heard anybody ever say a bad thing about him.
On the french side, the only ''insider'' they had was Yvon Pedneault. Other than him, there wasn't much interest.
Guys like JC and Villeneuve were embarrassing, but in the end, people that don't speak english should have their sport shows, and the ones that don't speak french should have their station.

I think the french game covered is much better than the english one, but the english side have much better guests (and do a better job covering other sports), but I enjoyed having the choice of switching between stations whenever I wanted.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Marinaro probably wished he'd take all that RDS bashing back......He could work in this station....but with everything he said about L'Antichambre, you have to wonder. Though he seems fine with the 5 à 7 boys so I guess we actually might keep Marinaro after all.....Aren't you all happy?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:32 AM
triplecitizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
So we lost another sports station and all we gained was a traffic radio? rofl
Yeah, it's bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We should have two sports stations, people shouldn't have to chose.
I agree.

triplecitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:33 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Marinaro probably wished he'd take all that RDS bashing back......He could work in this station....but with everything he said about L'Antichambre, you have to wonder. Though he seems fine with the 5 à 7 boys so I guess we actually might keep Marinaro after all.....Aren't you all happy?

But no i have a far greater attachment to 990 than Tony.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:34 AM
MtlPenFan

I have no idea what most of you are talking about...

Here's a perspective from a Montrealer who's "neutral" about the Habs. If you think they're bad hosts, that has more to do with the fact that they don't suck up to the team and believes that everything the organization does is golden. Marinaro's a pretty good host, and other than Randy who's complete vanilla and annoying with his "come onnnnnnn", the rest of the guys do a good job too.

I make it a point to be at a radio or computer when McGuire, Lebrun, Nilan et. al. are due to be on. I love when Marinaro contacts the GM's of opposing teams.

Jesus, have you guys actually listened to anything on the french side, be it radio or tv? If you guys actually prefer that, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Twitter, Get instant updates on #SaveTSN990

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
I dont expect that kind of remark from you.

But no i have a far greater attachment to 990 than Tony.
What kind of remark? I actually don't mind Tony, but I know that most people in here don't like him at all. But I'm personnally fine with him, he does have his ups and downs. But there's a lot of "journalists" who has never seen ups in their lifetime....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:37 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What kind of remark? I actually don't mind Tony, but I know that most people in here don't like him at all. But I'm personnally fine with him, he does have his ups and downs. But there's a lot of "journalists" who has never seen ups in their lifetime....
Sorry i just find the younger crowd here very obsessive with the Tony crap, and didn't expect you in it is all. No biggie, sorry.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Roulin

I'm not a fan of Melnick's rants or his McGuire for GM campaigning, but I think he's among the best interviewers in the business, and not just in sports. He and Gomeshi lap the competition, IMO.

I thought McKenna, Silikas and Stein were getting better, I enjoyed the "B team."

I wouldn't miss Marinaro or Tieman, or the morning crew.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:43 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

We should have two sports stations, people shouldn't have to chose.
Actually, people SHOULD be given the choice.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheInside View Post
Buh bye college radio hosts from TSN990.
What kind of comment is this? You'll prefer comments and opinions coming from Gaston Therrien?

There's nobody like Mitch Melnick in Montreal. If we lose him, the Montreal radio scene will suck big time.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Actually, people SHOULD be given the choice.
As George Carlin once said: "It's the illusion of choice" that you'll be getting... one way or another.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:46 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

RDS 990 unveils schedule:

- Show du matin avec Gaston Therrien et Michel Bergeron
- Midi saucisse au bleuet avec Mario Tremblay
- 5 a 7 avec deux twits
- Avant-match pedo avec le Baron
- Soiree folle avec Ron Fournier

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:48 AM
HABsurde

I honestly don't give a crap about TSN 990, never listen to it, and, has it seem, never will... However i can't believe they could be another french sport media outlet in Montreal.... Where are they going to find the personnal ressource... It's already pretty, pretty thin as is with for tv station : RDS, RDS2, RDS Info, TVA SPORT, And the 98.5 fm sport segment at night (and there was talk that Rogers might want to build a Sportnet french)

Don't forget, you got 3 major corporation fighting (Quebecor, Bell, Cogeco) And likely, people would not be aloud to work for the competition, that would make everything interesting.....

But my guess is Denis Casavant would come back to morning radio....

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:

We should have two sports stations, people shouldn't have to chose. On CKAC, they didn't have segments with guys like Bobby Mac, Darren Dreger or Pierre McGuire. Even if you don't like DD or PM, at least they made interesting interviews as they are well connected in the NHL. Bobby Mac is the best insider, haven't heard anybody ever say a bad thing about him.
On the french side, the only ''insider'' they had was Yvon Pedneault. Other than him, there wasn't much interest.
Guys like JC and Villeneuve were embarrassing, but in the end, people that don't speak english should have their sport shows, and the ones that don't speak french should have their station.

I think the french game covered is much better than the english one, but the english side have much better guests (and do a better job covering other sports), but I enjoyed having the choice of switching between stations whenever I wanted.

and Elliotte Friedman.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:52 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

What is with the Tony Marinaro hate? I love Tony Marinaro, especially because he's so controversial. He is arrogant and is good at making enemies but that makes for good Radio.Who can tell me they didn't love the simulcast with Boston Radio guys?

You don't have to agree with all of his opinions but I think he's freaking entertaining! I'm gonna miss hearing him.

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:56 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
I honestly don't give a crap about TSN 990, never listen to it, and, has it seem, never will... However i can't believe they could be another french sport media outlet in Montreal.... Where are they going to find the personnal ressource... It's already pretty, pretty thin as is with for tv station : RDS, RDS2, RDS Info, TVA SPORT, And the 98.5 fm sport segment at night (and there was talk that Rogers might want to build a Sportnet french)

Don't forget, you got 3 major corporation fighting (Quebecor, Bell, Cogeco) And likely, people would not be aloud to work for the competition, that would make everything interesting.....

But my guess is Denis Casavant would come back to morning radio....
And we are suppose to be surprised ?

Old
07-10-2012, 11:58 AM
onice

Wait, let me get straight the logic behind this decision.

An English station starts up the first all-sports channel in Montreal and one of the first in North American. And does fairly well.

A French station follows suit like 5-6 years later but doesn't do very well so they convert to what was it an all traffic station?

So the brainstorm is to turn the successful English sports station into a French one that effed up?

Yeap, that's how business is conducted in Canada.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Need to make our voices heard.

TSN 990 all sports-station in English, in Montreal, is needed. It kept me going at work during the long Christmas hours. ****, we need this ****.
only way I would support is to overhaul the radio 'personalities'. I have slowly stopped listening to all of them. they need to inject some professionalism into that station. They are the Hab's official radio voice, yet rarely have anyone from the organization. Instead they spew gossip and speculation. I saw this coming, but I thought TSN would have just replaced the hosts with better ones. Maybe CJAD will increase the amount of sports talk? I agree that having an english all sports station is important, but it has to be done well.

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
triplecitizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
A French station follows suit like 5-6 years later but doesn't do very well so they convert to what was it an all traffic station?
CKAC730 did pretty well iirc. They got turned into a traffic station because it would be subsidized by the government.

triplecitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Wow... I hate Tony and his fat uppidy ass, but that station was... good. I'm about 5,000 miles from their radio tower and only got the podcast, but it was generally good, save for Tony. They need to stay.

As bad as they may be, I think the French speaking anal-ists are far worst... Gonna miss bobbymac, melnick and cie.

By the way, before you bash, I is franco...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote