HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Lineup thread (post FA period)

Old
07-09-2012, 03:58 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
I truly believe that Galchenyuk will have a very strong camp and make the roster this season. Besides knowing our 10th game is vs the oilers, i dont think gally will be sent back to ohl and that both teams would wanna miss out on that gally vs yakupov matchup. Itll be HYPED. I know their development is bigger than some matchup but thats what i think will happen.

Oh, and Gomez will be in the lineup, whether we all like it or not. I dont like it but we have to be realistic.

Maxpac dd cole
Gally pleks gionta
Moen eller armstrong
Prust gomez bourque
White (i want him in the lineup but its just hes more likely to get scratched)

I also dont see gallagher making the lineup. He will show up during preseason but there's just just no place for him in the big club. i do think he should start in the ahl for now. Louis Leblanc will be the first callup when there's an injury.
that's a lot of wishful thinking. galchenyuk missed a year of development. whether he has a good camp or not, i'd bet my right nut and my left shoe that he goes back to the OHL. best case scenario for him is the 9-game tryout. and if by some gretzky-ian fluke he makes the roster, he'd probably be on the third line wing but like i said, nut, shoe, bla bla bla...

and gallagher will surprise some people. book it et cetera

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:02 AM
axman88

vCash: 500
Forwards

Cole - Desharnais - Pacioretti

Doan - Plekanec - Gionta

Bourque - Eller - Armstrong

Moen - Gomez - Prust

White, Nokelainan

Salary: $35,602,976 + Doan

Defense
Markov - Emelin

Subban - Gorges

Bouillon - Kaberlei

Diaz, Weber

Salary: $18,250,000 + Subban + Diaz

Goaltenders:

Price
Budaj

Salary: $7,650,000

Total Cap Used: $61,502,976

Available Space to sign Doan, Subban and Diaz: $8,697,024

would have to free up some space because Subban would probably cost between 4.5 - 5.5 per year on a new contract, Diaz ~1.5 - 2 and Doan around 5 - 5.5
Taking the higher amount from all of them....$13,000,000....but that's with 2 extra forwards and 2 extra defenseman...

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:20 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

I don't necessarily like it but I think the lineup will look like this:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Palushaj/Prust-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Plekanec-Eller
Prust/Palushaj-White-Army

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Weber

Kaberle, Nokkelainen, Geoffrion as reserves

Bourque I think will be demoted or traded if possible, I just see him as an odd fit with this team, he's a Gauthier remnant. I think Palushaj played a bit with Gomer last year, and well at times, if the vets have clout I can see the American beating out the Metis. If the Habs can bury Bourque's salary they probably will. That said I hope Bourque makes it in Montreal,...I like Moen-Plekanec-Eller as a top tête à tête line. There is good chemistry between the 3. Eller is a Plekanec like player, he could conceivably become a 40 pt player playing on the wing I think.

If the Habs can get 3 line production, stable defense, and solid goaltending, the season has promise with Tinordi, Leblanc, Gallagher, and Dumont as prospects who will try to fight their way on to the roster. I would love to see Tinordi with Subban going forward, Markov with Gorges, and Emelin with Weber, mixing size and speed, skill and will.

I also could see Pacman moving on to a line with Gomez-Gionta, and Leblanc plaing with DD and Cole.

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:16 PM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Desharnais - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen
Armstrong, Nokelainen

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Kaberle
Diaz

Price
Budaj

I'd try to see if the Pacio - Gomez - Gionta line would still work like it did and keep DD with Cole and put them with Pleks. Bourque could be good on a 3rd line with Eller (like AK was) and if Gallagher has another big camp like last year I'd keep him and put him with those two. A solid 4th line of Prust - White - Moen could be solid and get lots of ice time.

Keep Gorges with Subban. The two russians seem like they could be a real nice fit while we could play with our third pair with Bouillon, Kaberle and Diaz. I'd trade Weber for a pick.

Give Price approx. 65 games and Budaj the rest.

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Prust - White - Moen
Armstrong, Nokelainen

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Kaberle
Diaz

Price
Budaj

I'd try to see if the Pacio - Gomez - Gionta line would still work like it did and keep DD with Cole and put them with Pleks. Bourque could be good on a 3rd line with Eller (like AK was) and if Gallagher has another big camp like last year I'd keep him and put him with those two. A solid 4th line of Prust - White - Moen could be solid and get lots of ice time.

Keep Gorges with Subban. The two russians seem like they could be a real nice fit while we could play with our third pair with Bouillon, Kaberle and Diaz. I'd trade Weber for a pick.

So after 2 horse crap years not only are you promoting Gomez, you are relegating DD to the wing where he has ZERO experience. The DD PACS COLE line was the 6 th best ppg first line in the NHL last year. But hey lets brake it up for SCOTT GOMEZ. Gomez will not be in the Habs line up come fall time. MB said he wouldnt buy him out with a cap hit. He never once said he wouldnt bury his butt in the minors or hope the CBA has an amnesty clause. Gomez is crap. He has no place on this Habs team going forward!

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
that's a lot of wishful thinking. galchenyuk missed a year of development. whether he has a good camp or not, i'd bet my right nut and my left shoe that he goes back to the OHL. best case scenario for him is the 9-game tryout. and if by some gretzky-ian fluke he makes the roster, he'd probably be on the third line wing but like i said, nut, shoe, bla bla bla...

and gallagher will surprise some people. book it et cetera
I hope so. That would definitely make the season more interesting for me. I'd love one of our AHL-bound prospects (Beaulieu, Ellis, Tinordi, Gallagher, etc.) to impress at camp and make the cut.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:42 PM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
So after 2 horse crap years not only are you promoting Gomez, you are relegating DD to the wing where he has ZERO experience. The DD PACS COLE line was the 6 th best ppg first line in the NHL last year. But hey lets brake it up for SCOTT GOMEZ. Gomez will not be in the Habs line up come fall time. MB said he wouldnt buy him out with a cap hit. He never once said he wouldnt bury his butt in the minors or hope the CBA has an amnesty clause. Gomez is crap. He has no place on this Habs team going forward!
Michel Therrien will probably want to give him another chance. New coach, new system, ya never know. Plus, you can't win in the NHL with one line working.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Michel Therrien will probably want to give him another chance. New coach, new system, ya never know. Plus, you can't win in the NHL with one line working.
Gomez is not the solution. He is the problem. THere is No chance he is a hab next year. The fans and media would ridicule Molson and Co for keeping him. Molson would be labeled cheap. Time to cut ties with the albatross

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:53 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Gomez is not the solution. He is the problem. THere is No chance he is a hab next year. The fans and media would ridicule Molson and Co for keeping him. Molson would be labeled cheap. Time to cut ties with the albatross
What are you even talking about ? Ridicule Molson ? WTF ?

And you're no chance to see Gomez, well that is your opinion.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:05 AM
baldrick

From what the GM has said Gomez will be on the team. The coach will try many different combinations but I expect that Gomez will be in the top nine to start the
season. Fans will have to endure another season of constant line juggling and mediocrity.Take the medicine and dream about the future.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:06 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
I don't necessarily like it but I think the lineup will look like this:

Palushaj/Prust-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Plekanec-Eller
Prust/Palushaj-White-Army

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Weber

Kaberle, Nokkelainen, Geoffrion as reserves

Bourque I think will be demoted or traded if possible, I just see him as an odd fit with this team, he's a Gauthier remnant. I think Palushaj played a bit with Gomer last year, and well at times, if the vets have clout I can see the American beating out the Metis. If the Habs can bury Bourque's salary they probably will. That said I hope Bourque makes it in Montreal,...I like Moen-Plekanec-Eller as a top tête à tête line. There is good chemistry between the 3. Eller is a Plekanec like player, he could conceivably become a 40 pt player playing on the wing I think.

If the Habs can get 3 line production, stable defense, and solid goaltending, the season has promise with Tinordi, Leblanc, Gallagher, and Dumont as prospects who will try to fight their way on to the roster. I would love to see Tinordi with Subban going forward, Markov with Gorges, and Emelin with Weber, mixing size and speed, skill and will.

I also could see Pacman moving on to a line with Gomez-Gionta, and Leblanc plaing with DD and Cole.
You're giving Gomez the 2nd line Center spot but you're demoting Bourque to the minors?

The same Bourque who was put in an messed up situation on a circus team with a messed up staff and frustrated players and indeed played poorly, just like everyone else outside the first line? And after half a season and many years left on his contract, you'll demote him to the minors? Did the Métis sleep with your sister?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:12 AM
gillyguzzler

Without any more trades or signings,

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Eller - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Gomez - Armstrong
Prust - White - Moen
Geoffrion, Nokelainen

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Diaz
Kaberle

However, it's too early. Gomez might be demoted. Kaberle? Weber? I'm sure Bergevin is working hard to improve his top 6.

Price
Budaj

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:19 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Signing Doan improves each of the top 3 lines.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Doan
Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Gionta
Prust-White-Armstrong
Gomez/Nokia

Markov-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges
Emelin-Boullion/Diaz

Price
Budaj

hogtownhabsfan* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:46 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
You're giving Gomez the 2nd line Center spot but you're demoting Bourque to the minors?

The same Bourque who was put in an messed up situation on a circus team with a messed up staff and frustrated players and indeed played poorly, just like everyone else outside the first line? And after half a season and many years left on his contract, you'll demote him to the minors? Did the Métis sleep with your sister?
Everyone knows Gomez and Gionta came as a tandem...so it seems unlikely that as long as Gionta is here, Gomez will be moved. I am not a Gomez fan, I think it was classless on his part to take Saku's number at first chance. I'd take Saku and Teemu any day over Gomez-Gionta, but the Habs front office has a love affair with Americans right now, hence my comment (the métis slept with my grandfather for the record Gomez has succeeded in a Habs uniform, it was just so long ago that few remember. Every game I watched last year, Bourque looked terrible, out of sync, like he was drunk on skates (subjective). He definitely lacks defensive acumen, so where does he fit? There is chemistry with a lot of the other players on the team (Desharnais-Pacioretty, Gomez-Gionta, Eller-Moen), Bouque has to find a way to complement some of these players, if he can not, the boo birds will run him out of town before management does. I hope, as I said before, he succeeds.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Everyone knows Gomez and Gionta came as a tandem...so it seems unlikely that as long as Gionta is here, Gomez will be moved. I am not a Gomez fan, I think it was classless on his part to take Saku's number at first chance. I'd take Saku and Teemu any day over Gomez-Gionta, but the Habs front office has a love affair with Americans right now, hence my comment (the métis slept with my grandfather for the record
The bolded parts of your post apply only to the previous regime, no? The only high-up executive left in hockey operations is Timmins, and he stayed away from products of American leagues in the 2012 draft. Everyone involved in Gionta's signing and the Gomez trade is gone.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:09 PM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

Quote:
Prust - White - Moen
Armstrong, Nokelainen

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Kaberle
Diaz

Price
Budaj

I like your lineup a lot. Desharnais did play well on the wing in the playoffs when Chara took out our top winger. The Bruins had no answer for his speed except to go for the knees (when Andrew Ferrence gets his I will be happy).
I might switch Bourque and Moen, but I have to say that 4th line would not be intimidated by any team on the rink, when is the last time you could say that about the Habs?

Old
07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
I like your lineup a lot. Desharnais did play well on the wing in the playoffs when Chara took out our top winger. The Bruins had no answer for his speed except to go for the knees (when Andrew Ferrence gets his I will be happy).
I might switch Bourque and Moen, but I have to say that 4th line would not be intimidated by any team on the rink, when is the last time you could say that about the Habs?
That 4th line also doesn't have a center, because White hasn't played down the middle since turning pro.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:23 PM
EurOConnEcton

If Gomez makes the team im flipping my ****!! Our centers are Desharnais1A, Plek 1B, Eller 3rd line, Nokie 4th,

Patches-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plek-Gionta
Leblanc-Eller-Moen
Armstrong-Noki-Prust
White,Palushaj

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Bouillion - Diaz / Kaberle
Weber , Diaz / Kaberle

Price
Budaj
Gomez gets sent down to Hamilton!! And Diaz and Kaberle will be battling it out to stay in lineup. Ideally i would like to see Bourque traded in some sort of package that could get us a top 6 winger in return.. Ala Voracek type, or sign Doan

EurOConnEcton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
Prust - White - Moen will be so awesome. I can't stand the third defence pairing. It needed a big, physical mean presence. I don't hate Bouillon, but unless we're stacking another Bouillon on his shoulders, it just continues the smurf stereotype. He's a solid player but he's not going to scare anybody, which is what I felt the D was lacking. A big mean ******* to keep other teams honest.

If he's still the player he was when he last played here, he scares just about everybody, IMO.

HARD hitter.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Talent Analyst

Eller-Plekanek-Bourque
Leblanc/Palushaj-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Armstrong-Prust
White

Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:26 PM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
That 4th line also doesn't have a center, because White hasn't played down the middle since turning pro.
Still listed as a center almost everywhere and probably still knows how to play down the middle.

Old
07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Still listed as a center almost everywhere and probably still knows how to play down the middle.
White would just flat out be better on the wing than at center. Despite his listing on websites.

Did he play center in Hamilton?

Old
07-10-2012, 08:19 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Signing Doan improves each of the top 3 lines.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Doan
Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Gionta
Prust-White-Armstrong
Gomez/Nokia

Markov-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges
Emelin-Boullion/Diaz

Price
Budaj
Minor change in the bottom 6:
Gionta-Eller-Armstrong
Moen-White-Prust

You are right tho that adding Doan clearly solidifies the top three line and the clubs identity.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:24 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
Minor change in the bottom 6:
Gionta-Eller-Armstrong
Moen-White-Prust

You are right tho that adding Doan clearly solidifies the top three line and the clubs identity.
Gionta is a right winger? Isn't he?

Doan would be nice, not sure if I like his 5 year desire though.

Old
07-11-2012, 12:25 AM
rockjngo

I think Gomez's days as a Hab is over. AHL bound and should help the kids in the farm.

Pacoiretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Prust
Leblanc-White-Armstrong
Weber

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Boullion-Kaberle
Diaz

Price
Budaj

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote