Emerson Etem 39 49.37%
Sami Vatanen 40 50.63%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-10-2012, 06:05 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Anaheim Ducks prospect ranking #2 Etem vs Vatanen runoff poll

Currently the situation in the other poll thread is a tie so hopefully this poll will solve it. Prospect who gets the most votes wins even if the difference is just one vote.

BTW, is it cool with you guys if the loser of this vote should be considered the 3rd best prospect or should Vatanen/Etem be put in the next poll aswell? I'm pretty sure that Vatanen/Etem will win the next poll so this would make ranking quicker. If you don't agree with this, I'll put the loser in the next poll.

Last edited by snarktacular: 07-10-2012 at 04:02 PM.
JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:11 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
I don't think the loser should be the automatic winner of the next poll. I voted Vatanen and was planning on voting Holland next. I'm sure Etem will win though so either way.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Etem is my next vote, but it seems like Camp Hamp is working itself into a tizzy. It might be worth just having a general vote.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

vCash: 500
Etem again, but meh, let`s include the ''loser'' in next vote, don`t give him that 3d just right away.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:06 AM
airforceones25

Etem
Holland
Palmieri
Lindholm
Vatanen

and no the loser shouldn't automatically the next best. The 35 people may think Holland, Lindholm, DSP are higher than either Etem or Vatanen

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:40 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I vote for Sami. He has played well against men in Finland for a couple of seasons now + the national team. Its all about how his game can adjust to NHL-standards.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Sigismund

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I vote for Sami. He has played well against men in Finland for a couple of seasons now + the national team. Its all about how his game can adjust to NHL-standards.
More hyping...

Although a biased opinion, let me still add to that: he played insanely well against men. There were people who were waiting for him to be a bust at some point, but it just didn't happen. So it's all about adjusting to the NA hockey. I have no clue what kind of a player Etem is so I'm not voting - and as it happens, I don't even know how to vote.

Sigismund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
airforceones25

Since everyone is hyping Sami let me try with Etem

Emerson Etem is the first player in 10 years to score 60+ goals in the WHL. People say Vatanen carried a ppg pace. Etem carried a goal per game pace. No disrespect to Sami as he did it in a mens league but goal per game in any league is just nasty.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:25 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Emerson Etem is the first player in 10 years to score 60+ goals in the WHL.
And the last one got 1 NHL-game and is now playing in Italy. Its all about adjusting for Etem as well. Just using his pace to blow by opponents will not do it in the big league.

But 60 goals is damn impressive, yes. Not arguing that. I would rate both Sami and Etem quite similar on the possibility to succeed-ratio.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigismund View Post
More hyping...

Although a biased opinion, let me still add to that: he played insanely well against men. There were people who were waiting for him to be a bust at some point, but it just didn't happen. So it's all about adjusting to the NA hockey. I have no clue what kind of a player Etem is so I'm not voting - and as it happens, I don't even know how to vote.
OK, you have convinced me to vote Sami. But if you embarrass me and make me have to walk around HF with my head down I will never forgive you.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Sigismund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
OK, you have convinced me to vote Sami. But if you embarrass me and make me have to walk around HF with my head down I will never forgive you.
... Which means this is basically a win-win situation for me because I like to embarrass people. Especially when they're living quite far away from me so they can't kick my ass.

AND I'm positive Vatanen will make it.

Sigismund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:26 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

people i think are undvaluing Etem here and over hyping Sami people talking about Etem needs to adjust his adjustment is smaller than that need by Sami Etem has had a historic year in Dub and has one of the best work ethic sout there already trains alongside NHL players and has been working on his defensive game that shows he can be coached and can make adjustment that i think he be ready for the big club pretty dam soon while Sami is a tiny Pmd playing on lovely big euri ice just like David Rubdlad but not as good and smaller maybe a bit harsh but even with his great skating on that euroice in a questionable league FEL how much better than AHL i think Sami has way bigger bust potential and a lower ceiling too

DuckshaveaRPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:27 PM
JabbaJabba

And this tiebreaker is even right now .

Old
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Oh god, I just re-tied it then.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
while Sami is a tiny Pmd playing on lovely big euri ice just like David Rubdlad but not as good and smaller maybe a bit harsh but even with his great skating on that euroice in a questionable league FEL how much better than AHL i think Sami has way bigger bust potential and a lower ceiling too
It's already been stated that ice surface size in FEL varies, from near "NHL size" to international dimensions.

FYI That ******* that signed for Oilers, his home team in the NCAA plays on ice of international dimensions, while more than third of teams in WCHA plays on international dimensions...

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
people i think are undvaluing Etem here and over hyping Sami people talking about Etem needs to adjust his adjustment is smaller than that need by Sami Etem has had a historic year in Dub and has one of the best work ethic sout there already trains alongside NHL players and has been working on his defensive game that shows he can be coached and can make adjustment that i think he be ready for the big club pretty dam soon while Sami is a tiny Pmd playing on lovely big euri ice just like David Rubdlad but not as good and smaller maybe a bit harsh but even with his great skating on that euroice in a questionable league FEL how much better than AHL i think Sami has way bigger bust potential and a lower ceiling too
Both these players rankings are based on potential. But playing against older players and doing well against them carries a little bit more weight than a high scoring winger against similar age or younger players as well as not really show up during the WJC's.

But I also feel both have huge bust potentials as well as huge rewards should they pan out. That's probably why we're tied at 21 a piece for the tie breaker poll.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
And not a single punctuation mark.

This poll doesn't look all that promising for breaking the tie at the moment.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
I voted Etem. I'm not sold on Vatanen's size, although I'm not really sold on Etem transitioning that well either.

I still thing the hamp has higher upside than both, although many have rightly noted that his potential "potential", if I may, is still pretty green.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

They are similar like Jing and Jang. Even with their skin colour .

Hope they both pan out!

Old
07-10-2012, 03:35 PM
JabbaJabba

How can this be a tie again ? The one with the most votes when the poll closes wins. I'll add the loser to the next poll so we can still vote who's the 3rd best.

Old
07-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

25:25 again wow

Somehow i think that they just were seperated at birth

Old
07-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Hagged

Quote:
I have to admit I got a bit dizzy reading this, but I have to ask: In which way is FEL a questionable league? One of the best pro leagues in the world 3rd or 4th, maybe the latter now-a-days. Also it seems like you think that adjustment from a pro league to another pro league is somehow bigger than from a junior league to a pro league.

I hope that both have an easy transition to the NHL, but I have to say that I think Vatanen will be able to pull a 40 point season already next season with outstanding defense, and I don't see Etem doing that just yet. Maybe next year as he is a year younger, but then again, Vatanen is a D.

(Also just as a reminder Etem has played 12 WJC games and had 5 points in them with a minus 1 rating. Vatanen had the same amount of games and 9 points in them with a plus 9 rating so you can't think that Vatanen has good stats only because he plays in a questionable league)

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:02 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

85 votes in the original poll, 51 in this one so far.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Just broke the tie again. Went with Etem, I think Vatanen is great, but IMO Etem is just a bit better and has the greater potential. Both are phenomenal prospects, though IMO.

For the record, my overall top-5:

Lindholm
Etem
Holland
Palmieri/Vatanen
Vatanen/Palmieri

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:49 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
What time is this closing because I still need to go on my computer to vote.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote