HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-Chicago

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 01:02 AM
ZetterBurger

vCash: 500
Please Chicago do this.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
You should have labeled him as an 80+ point player if you're putting Plekanec at 60+.

Heh, HF. I can't believe someone's actually arguing this.
Yep. Should've labeled Kane based on his best season and Plekanec on a normal season he puts up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
Kane has been a ppg player 2 out of the last 3 years and is a ppg in the post season for his career. An elite first line talent.

Pleks is a very good two way center that can score 60 in a good year. An extremely good second line player or an average first line player.

Without taking age into consideration Kane is still much more valuable.
Go ask any coach who they would prefer on their team. But ya I know he's worth more to the typical hockey fan. It's like saying Kane is worth more than Toews because he puts up more points.. See the deal ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
Now it's too much going from Chicago. Kane is better than Plekanic and Seabrook is better than Subban. The first round pick doesn't even it out, there would also have to be something of value going back to Chicago.
Yep Seabrook is also 27. And P.K. 23. and he's so far off Bobby Seabrook.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yep. Should've labeled Kane based on his best season and Plekanec on a normal season he puts up.

Go ask any coach who they would prefer on their team. But ya I know he's worth more to the typical hockey fan. It's like saying Kane is worth more than Toews because he puts up more points.. See the deal ?

Yep Seabrook is also 27. And P.K. 23. and he's so far off Bobby Seabrook.
LOL @ any coach saying "Yeah...**** that Kane kid! I want Plekanec!"

There's no way to find out, but were there, I'd bet a sizable chunk of change that Kane would be more sought after...regardless of what you're saying Plekanec brings to the table.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
LOL @ any coach saying "Yeah...**** that Kane kid! I want Plekanec!"

There's no way to find out, but were there, I'd bet a sizable chunk of change that Kane would be more sought after...regardless of what you're saying Plekanec brings to the table.
He's not "saying" Plekanec brings these things to the table.

It's been happening for several years. He DOES bring these things to the table.

I find it hard to believe any of this needs to be explained to anyone.

But that's the HFboards way...if you don't like a trade proposal you just trash on the opposing teams players for...some odd reason.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:05 PM
clownquestionbro*

rather have kane's sister get traded to montreal.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Hawkaholic

I don't want Subban in a Hawks uniform, and certainly not at the expense of Patrick Kane.

If a deal could be somehow worked out involving Hammer and Plekanec, I'm all for it.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:08 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I don't want Subban in a Hawks uniform, and certainly not at the expense of Patrick Kane.

If a deal could be somehow worked out involving Hammer and Plekanec, I'm all for it.
Yeah, is Saad or Terreveinen coming along with Hjalmarsson (who I'm guessing Hammer is) because if not there's no way in hell Montreal makes any deal centered around Plekanec and Hjalmarsson.

Old
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Make... sense...?

Chicago gives up the two best players. Help me out here.
Subban is much younger and already better than Seabrook, when he gets to Seabrooks age he'll be a perennial norris candidate. GIve me a break with the giving up the 2 best players part.

Old
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Yeah, is Saad or Terreveinen coming along with Hjalmarsson (who I'm guessing Hammer is) because if not there's no way in hell Montreal makes any deal centered around Plekanec and Hjalmarsson.
I would do TT and Hammer for Plekanec, sure.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I wouldn't.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
Subban is much younger and already better than Seabrook, when he gets to Seabrooks age he'll be a perennial norris candidate. GIve me a break with the giving up the 2 best players part.
At what? Offense? Seabrook put up more points.
And it's fairly ovbious Seabrook is better defensively.

Quote:
Racist, obviously.
No, it's kind of like how I want no part of Burrows in Chicago either.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I wouldn't.
And I care why? All I said was I don't want Subban but I am interested in Plekanec. I could careless what you guys want for him, but it's not going to be any one named Toews, Sharp, Kane, Keith, Hossa, or Seabrook.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
At what? Offense? Seabrook put up more points.
And it's fairly ovbious Seabrook is better defensively.

No, it's kind of like how I want no part of Burrows in Chicago either.
Yeah... 48 points at 26 Y/O while Subban did 36 and 38 at 22-23. Oh and how is Seabrook CLEARLY better than P.K. at defense ? Have you watched him play ? Jeezus...

Old
07-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I'd do that from a Hab's pov, I'd even through in a little extra just to make make it happen, like a 2nd or you can keep Hammer.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Quote:

Yeah, in another thread I suggested Hammer, Kruger and Morin for Plekanec and that was apparently an afront to MTL. Thought they were rebuilding but guess not...

And according to this thread, Plekanec is worth at least as much as Kane...

Old
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

The Habs simply don't have the depth to do that. Perhaps in two years when guys like Tinordi&Beaulieu are in the NHL as well as Galchenyuk but if this trade happens today the Habs are going to be in pain for a while.

Kane is awesome but star offensive players with no support cast don't go anywere.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
ITT: MTL fans rightfully defending Plek and overrating Subban, Chicago fans rightfully defending Kane/Seabrook and overrating Hammer.

Done now? Clearly the fanbases don't agree, why not just move on or swap in different players?

Old
07-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
Yeah, in another thread I suggested Hammer, Kruger and Morin for Plekanec and that was apparently an afront to MTL. Thought they were rebuilding but guess not...

Well this Proposal look's more appeiling. I'd still like maybe a little pick for it or something.

And no he's not worth as much as Kane. Kane is much younger. Both at the same age though..

Old
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

I'm not saying your not wanting Subban is based on racism...but I'd respect your opinion moreso if it was, at least that's a belief you have that you stay true too.

But the reality is that you probably wouldn't want him because of some asinine nonsense about how he's a poor teammate, or some other hilarious malarkie.

Which is it?

Old
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:

yeah I wouldn't want a number one dman on my team either :S

Old
07-10-2012, 12:21 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
The problem with trading plek for Hans fans is that we automatially lose our best center and if we don't get something back that can fill that hole, hello mckinnon...

By the way, Chicago/Montreal trade proposals usually go so well... With discussion rather than arguments, what happened?

Old
07-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post

If Spacek, yes "Spacek" was happy to be out of the circus called Montreal, imagine what it would be like for Kane.

There will always be many other teams that will outbid Montreal for Kane and Montreal is more than 1 player from being a Stanley Cup contender, so what's the point of this trade. Montreal isn't in the running and probably never will be.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:27 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Quote:
How the hell are hab fans overrating Subban? Every thread turns into a subban Hatefest on hfboards. He's severely underrated on here. but oh yah..."Can't have a young, outgoing, vibrant black man play the game at a high level...CAN'T HAVE THAT..I HATE THE NBA". Bunch of Don Cherry's up in here.
I can't tell if you're serious or just trolling hard

Not a single poster has pulled the race card BUT you, every single time someone criticizes Subban you say it's because he is black.

Subban is an amazing talent. I personally don't believe he is at the level of play YET where you can trust him to be a top pairing defenseman. He still requires a very steady shutdown partner to cover him. His youth and overconfidence still lead him to make some mistakes on the ice, and eventually those will turn into great plays and big pinches but for now I don't feel he is quite at the hugely valued #1 Dman level some fans believe he is at, and thus you shouldn't value you him like one.

Potential has value, but not as much as the real thing. A top minute munching, all situations defenseman is a #1 dman, Subban most likely WILL be but to me if he hasn't grown into it yet, you can't value him like one because we've all seen players drop off considerably. (Luke Schenn was about to grow into a #1 dman... now he is a #4)

Old
07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post

Not a single poster as pulled the race card BUT you, every single time someone criticizes Subban you say it's because he is black.

He is an amazing talent. I personally don't believe he is at the level of play YET where you can trust him to be a top pairing defenseman without a very steady shutdown partner to cover him. His youth and overconfidence still leads him to make some mistakes on the ice, and eventually those will turn into great plays and big pinches but for now I don't feel he is quite at the huge #1 Dman level some fans believe he is at.

He is.

And yes he went hard with the racist thing

Is Gill considered a steady-defensive shutdown partner ? I tought he was some kind of happy-Pole

Old
07-10-2012, 12:30 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post

Not a single poster has pulled the race card BUT you, every single time someone criticizes Subban you say it's because he is black.

Subban is an amazing talent. I personally don't believe he is at the level of play YET where you can trust him to be a top pairing defenseman. He still requires a very steady shutdown partner to cover him. His youth and overconfidence still lead him to make some mistakes on the ice, and eventually those will turn into great plays and big pinches but for now I don't feel he is quite at the hugely valued #1 Dman level some fans believe he is at.
Please list 29 d-men you'd take over Subban at this point in time.

He is a number 1 d-man. He's been playing in a shutdown role (after being talked about as a poor defensive player his entire junior career) for the last 120 games, and playing lots at ES and playing on the PP.

He's an every situation d-man who can play hard and huge minutes.

Closed Thread