HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs back to CJAD

Old
07-10-2012, 02:00 PM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
Too bad it didn't cut if for you, Bob Mckenzie, etc...? It cuts it just fine for the Montreal Anglo community which is the size of Columbus Ohio, BTW!
I don't know, every times i switched to the station they were talking about golf or whatnot, i never got to hear Bobby Mac on the station.

But it doesn't matter, i'm just saying i'm happy we got a new station, and it's too bad english people have to loose one.

And Quebecers shouldn't be blamed for your loss, keep it real people.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
ScottFC

I honestly don't mind if the Sportstation is in french or english except that we wont have some of the best analysts anymore. To me really Team990 was junk, I could learn more about hockey from the back of a cereal box and as long as I still have somewhere to listen to the games i'm just as happy.

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Montreal - not a great sports city. Too bad.
Yhea. Because moving from 1x Sport Radio station to 1x is really what proves we are a lousy sports town.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:08 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

This is awful news.

990 had regular interviews with the best insiders in the business, from both languages. They had regular interviews with GMs, players, agents, scouts, everything.

What is RDS going to do?

Anglo community gets shafted, and the city of Montreal loses a unique perspective for sports in general. Who wins here?

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:11 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Well it's a matter of opinion...I enjoy the morning show and Melnick in the afternoon..I'm sure i'm not the only one.
No you're not.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:11 PM
lostriver

it would be nice to have a single radio station with shows in both languages - some in french, some in english. but that would probably be somehow illegal or too extreme for our bilingual city.

lostriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Yhea. Because moving from 1x Sport Radio station to 1x is really what proves we are a lousy sports town.
Need more proof? Please.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:14 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Keep it on topic, guys. Political posts or anything that dips too heavily into the language debate will be removed and if you can't control yourself, you'll be removed too. Let's stick to the discussion of radio stations and how it affects us and the Habs, and leave nationalities out of it. Thanks.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Uber Coca

I don't like hearing RDS owning other stations, whether it's radio or television. They've been poor at showing quality over the years and they're just going to spread more crap on the air. I used to like RDS when I was younger, but they've had a hard time adjusting to the new specialized world of television.

Fact is, RDS is trying hard to be funny and they've had the same analysts for more than a decade now. It's just not working, and TVA Sports are certainly not a tough competition as of now.

Montreal deserves way better, and it's not heading the good way with this news. And I speak french, by the way.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:18 PM
FrankMTL

Some of you might find them stupid or immature, but on numerous occasions the morning team had me burst out laughing while in my car. I enjoy their banter and how they don't take themselves too seriously.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:19 PM
HabsPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
I don't like hearing RDS owning other stations, whether it's radio or television. They've been poor at showing quality over the years and they're just going to spread more crap on the air. I used to like RDS when I was younger, but they've had a hard time adjusting to the new specialized world of television.

Fact is, RDS is trying hard to be funny and they've had the same analysts for more than a decade now. It's just not working, and TVA Sports are certainly not a tough competition as of now.

Montreal deserves way better, and it's not heading the good way with this news. And I speak french, by the way.
Good on you, this represents exactly my thoughts.

HabsPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Bullsmith

So now we can have basically all the same people we get on RDS on the radio too! How many hours can they fill with the same faces/voices arguing the same repetitive things they do on TV?

This move just sucks, IMO.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:24 PM
habsfan92

I listen at work 5 days a week in Winnipeg. Now it looks like I have to switch over to Toronto sports radio-that is depressing. Stupid Leafs all day.

habsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Hugo Sham

some really insensitive *******s in this thread. you might not like the 'opinions' of some of these hosts - just as some don't like your 'opinions' on here - but these are real people with real families who will potentially lose their jobs based on big ****ing national media and its poodle regulatory commission who couldn't give a flying **** about the wants of anglophone montrealers - and anglo hab fans world wide

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:27 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post

Yep...RDS has been mediocre garbage for a long time now. Now we eliminate the only competition they have...Where is the incentive to improve?

Old
07-10-2012, 02:28 PM
HabsPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Yep...RDS has been mediocre garbage for a long time now. Now we eliminate the only competition they have...Where is the incentive to improve?
Sounds like a Monopoly right there. However, XM Satellite Radio here I come.

HabsPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Et le But

Well I will say this, no matter what language you prefer, it's a tragedy how much power a few corporations have. Bell doesn't care about the Habs or Montreal.

Canada has gotten as bad as the US at this point.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
The Habs will still be on TSN990 this year if there's no NHL strike, this won't happen until 2013. What's really sad is TSN990 is the only Montreal Station that people listen to all over the world VIA Internet.

If we lose it, This puts up another border around Montreal & makes us less Global. ....Very Sad.

Maybe they should shut-down the Gazette & CTV while they are at it & be done with us all......

Last edited by Player 61: 07-10-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I seriously doubt RDS views TSN 990 as ''competition'' anyway.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well I will say this, no matter what language you prefer, it's a tragedy how much power a few corporations have. Bell doesn't care about the Habs or Montreal.

Canada has gotten as bad as the US at this point.
The CRTC shares some blame here. The law says you can only have 3 english langauge radio stations per company. Bell owns 4, so they chose TSN 990 as the one to cut. The fact that a law like this exists is mind-boggling.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:38 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I seriously doubt RDS views TSN 990 as ''competition'' anyway.
Why would they? They are protected.

Maybe Bell doesn't see it as competition, but RDS certainly should. Well, not anymore...They just guaranteed more jobs for all their crappy analysts.

Doesn't ESPN own a chunk of TSN? I wonder what they have to say about being locked out of the radio market in Montreal.

TSN 990 was listened to all over the world.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:43 PM
ChoseLa

TSN990 was barely listened to in Montreal let's calm down with the international/exposure label here.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
TSN990 was barely listened to in Montreal let's calm down with the international/exposure label here.
Your clueless.... and ignorant!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Ginu

Quote:
troll

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
seriously, what the hell are you talking about? not listened to? you have no clue.

just because you might listening to 245 hours of why Darche was not re-signed etc.. does not mean you need to make false accusations about tsn990.

tsn990 had better guests, more insight than RDS, TVA and all the other franco media put together...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote