HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Taylor Hall to NJ

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
tmg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
He was 19 years old with a fair chance that a lad of his age was still virgin as well.
I can't wait to see the justification of the relevance of this point.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
I agree that neither team would pull the trigger.

Honest question, is Hall the face of the Oilers? I feel like RNH is the guy that is/should be the face? I don't get to follow Western Conference too too much, so just curious.
RNH is a pretty quiet kid.

Hall is definitely the alpha dog among the young Oilers, he's going to be the future captain.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Yeah, Tambellini would be in a rush to trade a 1st and Hall for Larsson since he could have easily drafted him last year but passed him up for Nugent-Hopkins.
This post has nothing to do with Hall and Larsson.

And GM/scouts draft kids that fit their team system. Devils' is defensive minded, 100% certain they would've still drafted Larsson as a legit #1 if they had that pick. Oilers just don't do draft defence-men obviously.

Truth is, Edmonton is in a huge lack of dman now, they'll have to trade for talent at the blueline sooner or later. Oilers just can't tank for ever to draft high.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

Hall is definitely the alpha dog among the young Oilers, he's going to be the future captain.
Ok, thanks for the input. Makes sense. I guess I just heard more hype about RNH in the past year or so, so that's why I was curious.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
RDRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
>What about Pajaarvi instead, I heard he was a bust how about Peter Harrold and a 4th round pick
>LOL how did losing Parise feel
>LOL how does the basement feel
Solid all around, but this is my favorite part.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Soundwave

Quote:

And GM/scouts draft kids that fit their team system. Devils' is defensive minded, 100% certain they would've still drafted Larsson as a legit #1 if they had the #1 pick. Oilers just don't do that obviously.

Truth is, Edmonton is in a huge lack of dman now, they'll have to trade for talent at the blueline sooner or later. Oilers just can't tank for ever to draft high.
Actually the later part is not true.

The Oilers have plenty of young d-men now. Schultz, Klefbom, Smid, Petry, Marincin, Gernat, Tuebert, etc.

They don't even need Larsson as a right handed shot on the PP anymore with the signing of Schultz, who quite honestly probably has more offensive upside than Adam Larsson. Larsson is better defensively most likely, but Oscar Klefbom brings a lot of those same elements to the table too.

I doubt the Devils would've taken Larsson no.1 overall. They would've taken Nugent Hopkins or Landeskog like pretty much any other team.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

Hall is definitely the alpha dog among the young Oilers.
Yeah Eberle and RNH aren't really that outspoken from all accounts... whereas for better or for worse Hall seems to live loudly. I think he'd make a good captain, he's got a "Messier-face" too, pisses off the other teams probably, but everyone knows it.

Old
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Try to understand the ridiculous difference(s) between forwards and defence-men to develop their game and then, laugh at yourself. Tambellini would be ready to trade Hall+first round pick for Adam Larsson.

People forget AL is only 20 and does not play flashy one dimensional at forward position. You just need patience with young defence-men but that doesn't mean they don't have great value for team's managements.

Patience is a virtue. That's how it'll be done with AL in NJ anyway.
Are we talking about the same Larsson here? The guy with 18 points drafted 4th behind RNH, Landeskog and Huberdeau?

He has more value than Taylor Hall?

When Tambellini had the chance to draft Larsson, Gudbranson, Murray, Reinhart but didn't and instead drafted the Best Player Available? THAT guy has more value than Taylor Hall, the guy that scored 53 points?

Are you even on the same planet?

Old
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
I agree that neither team would pull the trigger.

Honest question, is Hall the face of the Oilers? I feel like RNH is the guy that is/should be the face? I don't get to follow Western Conference too too much, so just curious.
They sent Hall in to recruit J. Schultz. I'd be willing to bet he'll be the next captain of the team. Hope that answers your question.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Are we talking about the same Larsson here? The guy with 18 points drafted 4th behind RNH, Landeskog and Huberdeau?

When Tambellini had the chance to draft Larsson, Gudbranson, Murray, Reinhart but didn't and instead drafted the Best Player Available? THAT guy has more value than Taylor Hall, the guy that scored 53 points?

While I don't disagree that Hall is right now the better player, are you really using points as a way to distinguish a defensive defender from 3 top-end forwards?? Doesn't make your point any stronger..

Old
07-10-2012, 04:17 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskog View Post
To his credit, he didn't list Kovalchuk or Zajac as untouchable, and if I'm the Oilers a nice + on Zajac really should at least garner interest for whichever of the 4 would be first out the door, he'd be a good upgrade on Gagner.
Zajac has zero value in a trade for one of our top 4 kids. Not moving a kid for a guy with one year left on his deal. Kovalchuk could be interesting though.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:18 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskog View Post
While I don't disagree that Hall is right now the better player, are you really using points as a way to distinguish a defensive defender from 3 top-end forwards?? Doesn't make your point any stronger..
What shall we use?

Draft Pedigree? Hall is better
Games Played? Hall is higher
Points Scored? Hall scored more
Leadership Qualities? Hall has shown more.
Potential? Hall is higher

Larsson has a good chance at developing into a solid NHL defender, but he will never be half the player Hall is now, or in the future.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
discobob

No horse in the race, but Larsson + 1st round pick seems fair. Hall is worth more, but not Henrique more. But fans of each team are never going to agree on value here....

Old
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Hall is gonna be a rich man's Parise. I can see why Devils fans have interest in him. lol

Old
07-10-2012, 04:25 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
I think Larsson, straight up, would get it done. Larsson + Henrique is ridiculous.
Nope.

Larsson was passed on by 3 separate teams. He was an HF darling because he was rated so highly in the year prior to the draft, but that is irrelevant now.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Pucklington

Quote:

And GM/scouts draft kids that fit their team system. Devils' is defensive minded, 100% certain they would've still drafted Larsson as a legit #1 if they had that pick. Oilers just don't do draft defence-men obviously.

It would be nice if you even knew what you were taking about. Go check Edm prospects. Then come back.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:

Thank you, you've taken a look at my avatar at least.

Now, try to understand that defence-men need more time to develop than forwards, way more time. Adam Larsson was very good if you take in consideration that he wasn't even 20 years old. he had a good season in general.

And playing this position at this age a this level without being a complete liability is already amazing.

If people can't understand this, I myself would understand why they see Hall that better than Larsson now.

Devils trading Larsson doesn't make sense anyway, they see him as their future franchise blue-liner and there's no reason to believe he couldn't leave up to their expectations yet.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Missionhockey

No...just...no.

Why is this even worth debating? No team is going to give up a 1st overall pick two years after he was drafted. Further more, Adam Larsson has way more value to the Devils than he would in a trade. This team is starved for a number 1 defenseman and has been since Niedermayer left. Larsson can finally be that guy and...what the hell. I'm talking to the wall anyway.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucklington View Post
It would be nice if you even knew what you were taking about. Go check Edm prospects. Then come back.
Larsson is expected to be an elite defence-man by a majority of people around the league. His 1st season was really respectable for a teenager, there's no reason to be concerned by his game yet.

Now you gonna tell me how much they'll be wrong I guess...

Old
07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
fryburger

Adam Larsson the next Erik Johnson

Old
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionhockey View Post
No...just...no.

Why is this even worth debating? No team is going to give up a 1st overall pick two years after he was drafted. Further more, Adam Larsson has way more value to the Devils than he would in a trade. This team is starved for a number 1 defenseman and has been since Niedermayer left. Larsson can finally be that guy and...what the hell. I'm talking to the wall anyway.
Thank you for posting the main thing I was having hard time to explain.

For other teams Larsson is may be seen as average, I don't give a damn, but for the Devils and their system, he's priceless.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryburger View Post
Adam Larsson the next Erik Johnson
So much arguments.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:43 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmg View Post
I can't wait to see the justification of the relevance of this point.
He's more religious then Tim Tebow?

Old
07-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

Quote:
What shall we use?

Draft Pedigree? Hall is better
Games Played? Hall is higher
Points Scored? Hall scored more
Leadership Qualities? Hall has shown more.
Potential? Hall is higher

Larsson has a good chance at developing into a solid NHL defender, but he will never be half the player Hall is now, or in the future.
Reading that list, it's like each credential is more ridiculous than the last... draft pedigree means next to nothing after the players are in the bigs. I shouldn't even need to explain why Hall would have played more games than players drafted the year after him. Points scored, again, is a terrible comparison between defenseman and forwards. Leadership qualities... I dunno, maybe you could hang on to that one, thankfully I'd doubt many people are concerned about that one. And then finally potential, which is pure crystal balling, just to cap it off.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Robert Theodorson

You can keep Hall, so far he has been a major injury concern.

Closed Thread