HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montreal-Chicago

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I'd generally agree. Some of those guys like Fowler and Kulikov aren't as good as Subban currently but have potential to be better.
Fowler, yes. But one could easily argue that right now, Dmitry Kulikov is on par or a shade better all-around than Subban. I just think when he puts it all together, Subban will be a mega star defenseman who can control an entire game.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
We have no 2nd and 3rd next year but I would include a 2014 2nd to get it done.

Hammer fits in your top 4, has a good contract and is still improving.

Kruger can easily be your 3rd center (was mostly our 2nd last year and that was not ideal...) and keeps improving. Desharnais and Eller jump up a spot and isn't Leblanc knocking on the door as well?

Morin is a prospect who might very well earn a spot on the Hawks in camp. Projects as a top 6 two-way forward who can score and hit a bit.

And you save a bit of money and get a top 60 pick.

Question is, are MTL rebuilding or not? If not, I understand if you want to keep Plekanec.

The deal is fair in terms of value. Personally, I'd take Beach over a 2014 2nd.

Habs just draft Galchenyuk, then Collberg to go along with Leblanc, Kristo, Gallagher and maybe Patrick Holland who might be top 6 players. Habs then have Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis and drafted Dalton Thrower. Potential top 4 dmen and (Ellis and Thrower) 5-6 guys along with Mac Bennett and Darren Dietz who can surprise.

Good prospect core with young guys (PK, Pacioretty, Price, DD, Eller) on the team already. Habs also have 4 top 60 picks in 2013 (though 3 are in the 2nd round) to further improve forward (imo 1st and 1 2nd) d (1 2nd) and goal (1 2nd)

Habs have young skilled players on the team, in the system and potentially in the draft. Pleks isn't available right now, as putting Galchenyuk in the NHL asdie from his 9 games would be pretty dumb.

In 2 years Pleks could be available.

The deal isn't terrible, but there's no real point to do it.

If Gally is lights out and to send him back is foolish, then Pleks could be available, but it would be for a 2nd line left winger that's equal to pleks. AKA a 1 for 1, or habs add.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Beendair Donedat

Galchenyuk needs a year at Juniors after missing all of his last year. There is absolutely no point or need to rush him to the show. Let him develop and dominate rather than sit on the bench at a high level.

If the focus of the deal is now away from Subban, and on to Plekanec, I think that from a Montreal viewpoint I'd have to ask for McNeil to be coming back the other way.

To Chicago: Tomas Plekanec

To Montreal: Mark McNeil, 1st round draft pick 2013

Deal to be made at the trade deadline.

Old
07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Galchenyuk needs a year at Juniors after missing all of his last year. There is absolutely no point or need to rush him to the show. Let him develop and dominate rather than sit on the bench at a high level.

If the focus of the deal is now away from Subban, and on to Plekanec, I think that from a Montreal viewpoint I'd have to ask for McNeil to be coming back the other way.

From a habs point of view, i would say yes. I know that it will mean a bad year for montreal having only DD, Eller (and Gomez) as center, but with the draft next year, having 2 first rounders and 3 second rounders, Timmins will have the chance to built Montreal as a cup contender for years to come.

Old
07-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Sense in the thread.. It's back !

Old
07-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Proby24

The value is probably fair Pleks for McNeil and a 1st but from Hawks POV I'd keep Mc and the pick.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:09 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Seabrook is the number one D if on Montreal

Kane is best forward

Old
07-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
1Karllsonn
2Weber
3Chara
4Keith
5Suter
6Seabrook
7Edler
8Campbell
9Pietrangelo
10Streit
11Pronger
12Boyle
13Phanuf
14Yandle
15Letang
16Timmonen
17Burns
18Hamhuis
19Doughty
20Kronwall
21Enstrom
22Green
23Girardi
24Staal
25Bouwmeester
26Visnovsky
27E Johnson
28Byfuglien
29Gonchar

off the top of my head are all better then or have an argument to be better then PK
Wow, the top of your head is pretty off!! Did you know Subban is one of only 13 defenceman to score over 30 points, have over 100 hits, AND have over 100 blocked shots? Did you know Subban played about 25 minutes per game and while supposed to lead the rush also was responsible fr helping to shut down the opposing team's best lines? Dd you know he was one of the top agitators in the league and is great at drawing penalties? Subban is not a one dimensional defenceman like a few on your supposed list of greats. Suban is a #1 defenceman or top pairing defenceman on almost every team in the league.

Gonchar. Of all the defenceman in the NHL you really think Gonchar is better than Subban. That is enough to discredit anything you ever write again. Quite a few others on that list need to go, but Gonchar shouldn't be near that list. Wow...

Old
07-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

No. You would need to add Jimmy Hayes to the deal. If we are only getting one prospect and a pick, then it would have to be Saad and your 2013 1st.

I doubt McNeil would be involved in any case. We could ave taken him but went with Beaulieu due to Timmins' scouting. We also took care of our center future with Galchenyuk. We are more in need of another left winger like Saad than McNeil.

However, McNeil, Jimmy Hayes, and your 2013 1st would be fair.

Unless you prefer Saad and your 2013 1st.

Deal?

Old
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Wow, the top of your head is pretty off!! Did you know Subban is one of only 13 defenceman to score over 30 points, have over 100 hits, AND have over 100 blocked shots? Did you know Subban played about 25 minutes per game and while supposed to lead the rush also was responsible fr helping to shut down the opposing team's best lines? Dd you know he was one of the top agitators in the league and is great at drawing penalties? Subban is not a one dimensional defenceman like a few on your supposed list of greats. Suban is a #1 defenceman or top pairing defenceman on almost every team in the league.

Gonchar. Of all the defenceman in the NHL you really think Gonchar is better than Subban. That is enough to discredit anything you ever write again. Quite a few others on that list need to go, but Gonchar shouldn't be near that list. Wow...
Let alone Brian Campbell at number 8 and ahead of Alex Pietrangelo no less. Campbell is as one-dimensional as you get and has been traded multiple times with a cap hit considered to be an albatross to most teams. If the Canadiens offered the Panthers PK Subban for Brian Campbell, Florida would trade Campbell and every other red head with freckles they could find in Southern Florida for him.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Subban is overated ,, Plekanec is underated

Either way Hawks would never do this

Old
07-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Penosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Let alone Brian Campbell at number 8 and ahead of Alex Pietrangelo no less. Campbell is as one-dimensional as you get and has been traded multiple times with a cap hit considered to be an albatross to most teams. If the Canadiens offered the Panthers PK Subban for Brian Campbell, Florida would trade Campbell and every other red head with freckles they could find in Southern Florida for him.
Campbell used to be one-dimensional. He really changed his game in Chicago and became more reliable defensively.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:52 PM
number72

Quote:

Plekanec + Galenchuk for Mcneil + 1st round 2013

Old
07-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Captain Saku

A rookie GM would never pull a trade like this

Old
07-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Campbell used to be one-dimensional. He really changed his game in Chicago and became more reliable defensively.
Florida would still trade him for PK Subban instamatically if not sooner.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
yeah I wouldn't want a number one dman on my team either :S
We already have 2 #1 Dmen on our team, and I dont care for Subbans on ice antics or holier than thou attitude.

So no, I wouldn't want him in Chicago at the price of Kane, and unless he is basically given to us, pass on him.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:41 PM
HockeyFan87

Quote:

I think this is the only deal to be made between Montreal and Chicago, No Subban and no Kane, because of the need of Chicago of a very good 2nd line center, not necessarily McNeill going to Mtl but a 1st round draft pick and a very good prospect for sure. But this deal has to be made around the trade deadline like you said if the organization feels that Galchenyuk and/or Eller will be ready to have an impact in a top 6 center position in 2013-14.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:43 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
We already have 2 #1 Dmen on our team, and I dont care for Subbans on ice antics or holier than thou attitude.

So no, I wouldn't want him in Chicago at the price of Kane, and unless he is basically given to us, pass on him.
Holy...where do people come up with this kind of stuff?

PK is one of the most humble guys in the entire league.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:19 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

I don't care much for Kane's off ice antics myself.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I'm thinkin' this one has gone about as far as it can.
/thread

Closed Thread