HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Weber?

Old
07-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Poile wanted Cooter and was prepared to trade Ryan Ellis for the right to draft him. He can eventually be that #1C we have needed so badly. If I had to bet right now, i would say that's who poile would get if he's forced to trade Weber.

some folks think we could get Cooter and Coburn plus one or two more players from PHI... would be hard to match that
Maybe, Holgremn has made some pretty stupid trades. You may be able to take him over the barrell. Not sure if you would get Coburn as well.

I would think he would try to work a deal for both of the Shenn brothers. But Luke is a fairly medicore Dman.

I will say that the Flyers are probably ALOT more desperate for a Dman than the Rangers.

The only question is does Weber want to sign with said team(either the Flyers or the Rangers).

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:00 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Maybe, Holgremn has made some pretty stupid trades. You may be able to take him over the barrell. Not sure if you would get Coburn.

I would think he would try to work a deal for both of the Shenn brothers. But Luke is a fairly medicore Dman.

I will say that the Flyers are probably ALOT more desperate for a Dman than the Rangers.

The only question is does Weber with said team(either the Flyers or the Rangers).
no trade happens unless weber indicates he will sign, obviously.. but as has been pointed out, Weber is almost certainly going to sign the last "lifetime" contract issued before the new cba goes into effect... which means he will either sign it with the preds or whoever they trade him to(and presumably weber oks a team before the trade is worked out)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
no trade happens unless weber indicates he will sign, obviously.. but as has been pointed out, Weber is almost certainly going to sign the last "lifetime" contract issued before the new cba goes into effect... which means he will either sign it with the preds or whoever they trade him to
I understand that, but Weber is going to have a say on which team he wants to play for more. If Weber really wants to play for Vancouver, Polie will do his best to oblige.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:13 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I understand that, but Weber is going to have a say on which team he wants to play for more. If Weber really wants to play for Vancouver, Polie will do his best to oblige.
agreed... see my edit above... will be a very interesting game of chicken if Weber tries to limit poile too much, though

Old
07-09-2012, 01:02 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

So would something like Couture+Douglas Murray+1st Rounder get Weber, assuming Poile and his agent are unable to come to terms?

MarleauApologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:56 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks for Cup View Post
So would something like Couture+Douglas Murray+1st Rounder get Weber, assuming Poile and his agent are unable to come to terms?
I think that if Weber were to commit to a long term contract, there would be more coming than a couture, a bottom pair dman and a low first

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 04:00 PM
weeze

Quote:
It entirely possible that Weber is giving Poile time to land some other pieces that will convince him to stay here.

Its also possible that Poile is holding an auction and will announce a trade once he's determined the best offer.

But the likelihood that Weber will entertain an offer sheet for anything less than a Suter sized deal is about zero....
I hope it is the first thing and NOT the second! I keep reading that Weber wants to stay but all of the so-called experts are saying there is now way he will stay in Nashville now. These are the same experts that said Suter was going to Philly or the Wings. They really piss me off!

I am concerned too because I don't hear anything about any of the UFA's considering Nashville or any possible trades with us. What gives. We have to sign Weber and should go after a Semin, Doan, Nash or possibly Duchene, Ryan or Getzlaf type player. Should Consider a Dominc Moore, Kristian Huselius, Ales Hemsky, Evander Kane and even Patrick Kane! Everyone is available EXCEPT Weber!

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
I hope it is the first thing and NOT the second! I keep reading that Weber wants to stay but all of the so-called experts are saying there is now way he will stay in Nashville now. These are the same experts that said Suter was going to Philly or the Wings. They really piss me off!

I am concerned too because I don't hear anything about any of the UFA's considering Nashville or any possible trades with us. What gives. We have to sign Weber and should go after a Semin, Doan, Nash or possibly Duchene, Ryan or Getzlaf type player. Should Consider a Dominc Moore, Kristian Huselius, Ales Hemsky, Evander Kane and even Patrick Kane! Everyone is available EXCEPT Weber!
If we make a trade it will probably be announced out of the blue.... Poile keeps his moves close to the vest for the most part...

Old
07-09-2012, 10:27 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
If we make a trade it will probably be announced out of the blue.... Poile keeps his moves close to the vest for the most part...
I was gonna say, when have we EVER been rumored to be in on anything (including trades we actually pulled off)?

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I was gonna say, when have we EVER been rumored to be in on anything (including trades we actually pulled off)?
kariya? forsberg?

are there really any other big moves in franchise history?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:44 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
kariya? forsberg?

are there really any other big moves in franchise history?
kariya, forsberg, arnott.

then a tier below, trading for sully, signing lombardi, acquiring fisher.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:58 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
kariya, forsberg, arnott.

then a tier below, trading for sully, signing lombardi, acquiring fisher.
Kariya, Forsberg, and Arnott were all on the downsides of their careers, same can probably be said for Sully, Fisher, and Dumont.

We've only ever had 3 elite players playing in their prime in our whole history, and one is gone and another seems awfully close.

That's pretty piss poor.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:20 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Kariya, Forsberg, and Arnott were all on the downsides of their careers, same can probably be said for Sully, Fisher, and Dumont.

We've only ever had 3 elite players playing in their prime in our whole history, and one is gone and another seems awfully close.

That's pretty piss poor.
you have a point. although they weren't elite... sully, arnott, dumont were pretty good here.

kariya was a point per game guy for us 2 years in a row pretty much

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:10 AM
cleangene

Yes, I would settle for a player on the "downside" of his career if he brings the same talent, work ethic, and natural ability like P.K. provided.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:11 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

PK, sully, arnott and dumont were all in their prime here. It may have been the second half of their prime, but it was still prime. Until they lowered the ufa age from 31, that was pretty much all anyone ever got in the ufa market...

Old
07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
weeze

JPD when he came here had point totals of 66,72, 65 and 45! With three of those yrs as his highest point totals ever. PK had 85 and 76 points in his 2 yrs with us! PK also played in all 82 games in both seasons as well. Arnott had 54, 72, 57 and 46 points when here, playing more than 68 games only once. These were all acquisitions after the lock out.

Now we all seem happy to get someone to 50 points! What has happened to our scoring! The grind-it-out games are nice at times but scoring is nice too! I say bring in some scoring threats to go with our lock down defense!

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:55 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Assuming C Ryan Kesler and D Keith Yandle (yes, Yandle not Ballard) were both Canuck property, in your opinion, which would Poile prefer for Weber?

Both are UFAs in 2016 at ~$5m per.

07-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Assuming C Ryan Kesler and D Keith Yandle (yes, Yandle not Ballard) were both Canuck property, in your opinion, which would Poile prefer for Weber?

Both are UFAs in 2016 at ~$5m per.
Kesler. We need that solid offensive weapon because quite frankly our franchise has never had one for any length of time. I think he would fit in very well here and is exactly what Trotz would like in a forward. We are deep on the farm defensively but Kesler is more of what we "need". I think anyway.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:02 AM
MarkMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Kesler. We need that solid offensive weapon because quite frankly our franchise has never had one for any length of time. I think he would fit in very well here and is exactly what Trotz would like in a forward. We are deep on the farm defensively but Kesler is more of what we "need". I think anyway.
This.

Preds have Josi who's developing nicely, and Ellis and maybe Blum who haven't truly peaked. Since I've become a Preds fan, Klein seems to attract a lot of hate but lately that seems to have been turned around (I remember when his $1.3M multi-year deal was considered an overpayment, now it's gotta be a bargain).

On the other hand, given PP time and 1st-line opportunities, I believe Kesler would be back to the 40-goal range, easily a 30-goal player. Add to the fact that he can play defense with th best of them (hello Selke trophy) and Trotz might not even bench him.

His heart-and-soul style will also fit well into the more traditional Preds ethos. (And if Weber leaves, Kesler will I believe in a couple years prove to be a great captain.)

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:42 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Thus far, 2 votes Kesler / 0 votes Yandle. I would have guessed Poile preferring Yandle, when considering...

LD Keith Yandle (22:20|365 NHL GP)

-----

LD Ryan Suter (26:30) - RD Shea Weber (26:09)

-----

LD - RD
Hal Gill (17:08) - Kevin Klein (19:56)
Roman Josi (18:23|52 NHL GP) - Jonathon Blum (17:56|56 NHL GP)
Mattias Ekholm (12:25|2 NHL GP) - Ryan Ellis (14:49|32 NHL GP)

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Thus far, 2 votes Kesler / 0 votes Yandle. I would have guessed Poile preferring Yandle, when considering...

LD Keith Yandle (22:20|365 NHL GP)

-----

LD Ryan Suter (26:30) - RD Shea Weber (26:09)

-----

LD - RD
Hal Gill (17:08) - Kevin Klein (19:56)
Roman Josi (18:23|52 NHL GP) - Jonathon Blum (17:56|56 NHL GP)
Mattias Ekholm (12:25|2 NHL GP) - Ryan Ellis (14:49|32 NHL GP)
We've got NHL ready defensemen out the wazoo.

We don't have anyone like Kesler on the team, and if there is one in the pipeline - he's a long way away (Watson, Sissons).

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:56 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

To be honest, I also think it would be Kesler + as opposed to Yandle straight up.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Legionnaire11

Trading Weber for Yandle means the team is essentially in the same position they are right now.

I think Weber needs to be moved for no less than two roster players and two picks/prospects. But which team thinks they are better off with Weber than whatever package they send back?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:16 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Trading Weber for Yandle means the team is essentially in the same position they are right now.

I think Weber needs to be moved for no less than two roster players and two picks/prospects. But which team thinks they are better off with Weber than whatever package they send back?
Bingo. At least 2 roster players need to be coming back, if not 3 plus at least 2 picks/prospects. Possibly the best d-man in the league can land you a top 4 d-man, a top 6 forward, a young and up coming top 6 and a prospect or pick or two.

My choice would be Coots and Coburn plus picks. Trade Blum and a pick for JBo and our top 4 is JBo, Coburn, Klein and Josi. While it's not sexy, it would get the job done.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Bingo. At least 2 roster players need to be coming back, if not 3 plus at least 2 picks/prospects. Possibly the best d-man in the league can land you a top 4 d-man, a top 6 forward, a young and up coming top 6 and a prospect or pick or two.

My choice would be Coots and Coburn plus picks. Trade Blum and a pick for JBo and our top 4 is JBo, Coburn, Klein and Josi. While it's not sexy, it would get the job done.
I'm trying to be wary of the dreaded NTC as well. Both JBo and Coburn have an NTC. Yandle does not, and Kesler's NTC doesn't kick in until this coming season (not sure of the exact date -- guessing Aug 1).

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote