HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pierre Gauthier named Director of Personnel of the Chicago Black Hawks

Old
07-10-2012, 09:09 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
all the personal attacks and the hissy fits are directly correlated to fact some can't accept the fact that someone doesn't think PG sucks, that being GM of hawks, who at least, unlike most here, is not influenced by the garbage that is the mtl sports media and can probably go past his mistakes that where heavily over emphasized here, and extract his professional input, which most of you lack, including me.

Good for him and hope he does well there.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:11 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Darkest day in Hawks history?

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
the reason you are astonished is because you know nothing about pro hockey compared to gauthier.dont get me wrong i was happy when he got fired but he is a smart hockey man and he did alot of good for our team.you really think stan bowman is a blind idiot ??people on here need to give they re heads a shake if they think they are anywhere near as knowledgable as pierre gauthier.
And you know nothing about grammar seriously.

And you must know nothing about pro sports and how it works. Gauthier was a disaster and a complete joke and to find out he has another job in the NHL is just scary.

If you were a police officer and you were a cop and got arrested for it do you think another department would hire you? Hell no

The only reason why this clown got hired is because he has ties to the team nothing more. Please Mr. KnowItAll tell me more....

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
He signed Erik Cole. He moved up to draft Jarred Tinordi. He kept Price over Halak.

Next.
You can add the Wisniewski trade to the list which had the team had like a 16-6-6 record and challenging for the division lead until Pacioretty got hurt. He also acquired him long before the deadline where a d-man like that would have cost a premium.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Pricef

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
all the personal attacks and the hissy fits are directly correlated to fact some can't accept the fact that someone doesn't think PG sucks, that being GM of hawks, who at least, unlike most here, is not influenced by the garbage that is the mtl sports media and can probably go past his mistakes that where heavily over emphasized here, and extract his professional input, which most of you lack, including me.

This is the correct response.

Pricef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:24 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
And you know nothing about grammar seriously.

And you must know nothing about pro sports and how it works. Gauthier was a disaster and a complete joke and to find out he has another job in the NHL is just scary.

If you were a police officer and you were a cop and got arrested for it do you think another department would hire you? Hell no

The only reason why this clown got hired is because he has ties to the team nothing more. Please Mr. KnowItAll tell me more....
if i was a police officer AND a cop ??arent they the same thing?and how does a cop get arrested for being a cop?lol.this is getting good.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:26 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Gauthier - Somebody that I used to Know
Ahahahhaa kudos.

I'm happy for him, and I like his style (**** the media, stick by your guns, do what you think is right) - won't say more than that because the rabid fanbase really need and effigy to burn and Gauthier turned out to be that effigy.

As if trading that lazy idiot Cammalleri is so dishonorable.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

There is no point in debating what he did or didn't do as ast GM, cuz know one will ever know, ppl saying stupid stuff like Gainey was dealing with his daughters death etc but that was 3 years before the Gomez trade, and ppl seem to want to forget that Gainey was well enough to fire Carbo and coach and GM all a month before the Gomez deal, also I believe that Elliote Fiedmen(sp) wrote that Sather was the one that called to meet Gainey to offer Gomez since he knew habs were looking for a C, it was in his 30 thoughts sometime in the playoffs, ill try to provide a link later

Overall, look and PG moves as GM and you'd say "meh", what his downfall was he hated the media and they ruined him the second they got a chance like this past year. I wonder why we weren't hearing all these stories about how classless he was in trading players in 2010-11?

But the guy is a horrible ppl person not a leader and should never be a GM but he is a decent hockey guy, directior of player personnal isn't about devopling, its scouting and player movement, its what Dudley did for the Leafs.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
He has the same job as Scott Mellanby does here if I'm not mistaken.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Poor Hawks...

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:

This.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:

he sabotaged our team enough for us to get the guy in your avatar, so yah i give him props for that.

clownquestionbro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

As a Director of Player Personnel, much of the work involves direct contact with the team's players. On a daily basis, the director may help coordinate team travel, player appearances off the field, train and support players in handling media coverage, assistant with personal matters that effect the team and manage new player orientation programs and initiatives. The director also works with team office management and the coaches to ensure players are being supported to perform at their best athletic level. He is also responsible for being keenly aware of player contracts and agreements with his team and others. Although those working in this position can be found at a desk, many times the work can be outside the office traveling with the team.

Read more: Director of Player Personnel Job Description | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6133528_di...#ixzz20HJIHX7Z

Am I the only that has a hard time seeing Gauthier succeeding at doing that?

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Habs

Quote:
He signed Erik Cole. He moved up to draft Jarred Tinordi. He kept Price over Halak.

Next.
Are you kidding me? How many players could this team not sign because of numbnuts? Tinordi? I think this is all Timmins, I wouldn't give an ounce of credit to PG, and who wouldn't have kept Price over Halak?

Good riddance, the guy had zero communication skills, and treated a lot of players rudely and without any professionalism. Cammy was traded during a ****ing game!

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
As a Director of Player Personnel, much of the work involves direct contact with the team's players. On a daily basis, the director may help coordinate team travel, player appearances off the field, train and support players in handling media coverage, assistant with personal matters that effect the team and manage new player orientation programs and initiatives. The director also works with team office management and the coaches to ensure players are being supported to perform at their best athletic level. He is also responsible for being keenly aware of player contracts and agreements with his team and others. Although those working in this position can be found at a desk, many times the work can be outside the office traveling with the team.

Read more: Director of Player Personnel Job Description | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6133528_di...#ixzz20HJIHX7Z

Am I the only that has a hard time seeing Gauthier succeeding at doing that?
I agree but the other side of it is that Gauthier was very strict because he hated the media, ex tell players they were traded but can't tell them where until its offical was cuz 1 he didn't trust the players to keep it silent until then, or worried that it might leak and player finds out thru the media. Even in the Hal Gill article about the trade, he never said it was classless but rather that PG was too much by the book, and ran things like he leant in businees school, I think he got a Master Degree in that(had on his profile on the habs site) so I don't think its a problem. Another thing is he won't be GM or even ast GM, so basically has an office and a phone and pretty much it, which should be perfect for him.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Are you kidding me? How many players could this team not sign because of numbnuts? Tinordi? I think this is all Timmins, I wouldn't give an ounce of credit to PG, and who wouldn't have kept Price over Halak?

Good riddance, the guy had zero communication skills, and treated a lot of players rudely and without any professionalism. Cammy was traded during a ****ing game!
Give credit where credit is due.

This whole forum was against Price, people were ridiculing poster scotty who was defending Price relentlessly.

If you're going to deny him of any accomplishment, might as well do the same with any other GM in the league.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Uber Coca

Good for him.

Didn't like much of his staying in Montreal, but again all we can remember is the last place in the east from last season. Same could be said about Gainey who gave us some good and meh years. All in all, Gauthier had the media against him so you won't hear any good comments about him.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:20 PM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
seriously dude?so you are saying every move he made was bad?price over halak? signing cole?easy to hide behind your computer and spew garbage on the net eh?i bet gauthier has more hockey sense in his little weiner than you do in your brain. actually i know he does cause he just got hired again by an NHL team!i'm sure you can beat that.
The way you're defending Gauthier, I'd say you slept with him and had a passionate love relationship. So it's not surprising you know his little wiener more than us.

If this really is your opinion though and you're not trolling or anything, you need to stop watching hockey altogether, cause you're definitely doing it wrong.

Also, your arguments suck. You seem to easily forget all the bad moves he made, but somehow you listed all of his good ones. And by 'good ones' please let's not exaggerate, Cole was UFA, wanted to play in Montreal anyway, and they overpaid (usual for UFAs). 1+1=2. Let's give a ton of credit to Gauthier for pushing the paper across the table and handing him the pen, uh?

You should have added the Wiz to your very very very long list of 2 good moves. But they dealt with the NY Islanders, so it's pretty much a given the Habs would have been the winners in that deal anyway. But... when it was the time to sign him and Hamrlik, Mister Gauthier said No. Why? Because Mister Knee of Mister Markov is looking great and blah blah blah mister blah mister blah.

Oh but wait we got Campoli!!!

Oh and then, we got Kaberle!!

And let's not forget the very professional way he kicked Cammalleri out of Montreal! Now I could honestly care less about Cammalleri, but what we got in return? Bourque, yeah that North-American Kostitsyn version 2.0. Wow great. You know what's even better is when other GMs were so surprised they hadn't even heard of him on the trade block! Basically some of them said they would have given much more than what we got for him.

And I could keep going....

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:23 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post

At the time, every single person in Montreal except PG would have kept Halak over Price. Remember the drama it caused all around thw media, because of Halak just brought us to the CF. Thankfully Price's great season and Subban's rookie season and even Gomez's 6 goal season made people like you forget what he did (Halak)as we can see

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Takashi

So how many days you give before he gets fired?

Takashi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:28 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL55 View Post
First of all, can't believe there isn't a thread already.

Secondly, this is just weird. Bergevin and Gauthier swapped places, more or less?

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...blackhawks.php

There is already a lively thread over the Hawks forum.

Shouldn't a director of Personnel be great at communication? Even if you feel that Gautier got a bad rap and is still a capable hockey mind, how can this be the best job for him? I would have figured something more like director of Pro scouting.

: laugh:

Holy ****. Wonder how long it will take the Blackhawks to figure out that they are screwed.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:31 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:

Next.
Last place in the East. (You left that one out)

Edit.........this thread has brought out all of the Gauthier fans from the woodwork to defend the useless hockey mind that is Pierre.

Look for Bollig to be on the trading block soon only to be replaced by Darche in a blockbuster trade.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Habanero514

Quote:

Next.
If Mr. Gauthier was so good of a GM. He would've stayed with the Habs!

Habanero514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:46 PM
hockeyfan2k11

The Gauthier sympathizers make me laugh. The guy above all else tarnished the Habs reputation around the league in just a few years. The guy treated players and coaches like crap. He was smug, arrogant, control freak. This isn't the Florida Panthers. Making a player pay for his jersey? Garbage. Trading a player in the middle of a game? Garbage. Firing a well liked Assistant Coach hours before a game? Garbage. Firing a head coach on game day? Garbage. Hiring a replacement coach then apologizing to the fans for hiring him? Garbage. Being a GM is not only about player movement (I don't think he was that great at that but some do for whatever reason).

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Last place in the East. (You left that one out)

Edit.........this thread has brought out all of the Gauthier fans from the woodwork to defend the useless hockey mind that is Pierre.

Look for Bollig to be on the trading block soon only to be replaced by Darche in a blockbuster trade.
You put Pacioretty, Gorges and Markov in the lineup against the Bruins and he might have been the GM to bring us our 25th Stanley Cup that year. Makes me sick to play the "What if" card, but people are being unfair in not assessing his full body of work over his 2.5 years as GM.

Whatever. I'm done with the ignorant "fans" who don't have the decency to give a man his due. Piss off with your "Gauthier fan" accusations, he'll be earning a nice NHL salary while you complain on HFBoards. Who's useless now?

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote