HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Gauthier named Director of Personnel of the Chicago Black Hawks

Old
07-10-2012, 11:49 PM
haburger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
The way you're defending Gauthier, I'd say you slept with him and had a passionate love relationship. So it's not surprising you know his little wiener more than us.

If this really is your opinion though and you're not trolling or anything, you need to stop watching hockey altogether, cause you're definitely doing it wrong.

Also, your arguments suck. You seem to easily forget all the bad moves he made, but somehow you listed all of his good ones. And by 'good ones' please let's not exaggerate, Cole was UFA, wanted to play in Montreal anyway, and they overpaid (usual for UFAs). 1+1=2. Let's give a ton of credit to Gauthier for pushing the paper across the table and handing him the pen, uh?

You should have added the Wiz to your very very very long list of 2 good moves. But they dealt with the NY Islanders, so it's pretty much a given the Habs would have been the winners in that deal anyway. But... when it was the time to sign him and Hamrlik, Mister Gauthier said No. Why? Because Mister Knee of Mister Markov is looking great and blah blah blah mister blah mister blah.

Oh but wait we got Campoli!!!

Oh and then, we got Kaberle!!

And let's not forget the very professional way he kicked Cammalleri out of Montreal! Now I could honestly care less about Cammalleri, but what we got in return? Bourque, yeah that North-American Kostitsyn version 2.0. Wow great. You know what's even better is when other GMs were so surprised they hadn't even heard of him on the trade block! Basically some of them said they would have given much more than what we got for him.

And I could keep going....
never said gauthier didnt make mistakes ,and i never said i liked him .he made lots of mistakes obviously..what i dont get is the pure hate for this guy,thats why i'm sticking up for him.but it dont matter cause he gets the last laugh.pierre gauthier got hired by the bowman's.who can argue with them??certainly not anonymous clowns on hf boards.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Piss off with your "Gauthier fan" accusations, he'll be earning a nice NHL salary while you complain on HFBoards. Who's useless now?
I'll take Pierre Gauthier for 500 please Alex.
\

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:53 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
You put Pacioretty, Gorges and Markov in the lineup against the Bruins and he might have been the GM to bring us our 25th Stanley Cup that year. Makes me sick to play the "What if" card, but people are being unfair in not assessing his full body of work over his 2.5 years as GM.

Whatever. I'm done with the ignorant "fans" who don't have the decency to give a man his due. Piss off with your "Gauthier fan" accusations, he'll be earning a nice NHL salary while you complain on HFBoards. Who's useless now?
Maybe if the idiot got a top 6 winger when Halpern was on the 1st line at the trade deadline, Habs would have beat Boston.

Maybe if the clown saw a need for toughness after the beatdown in Beantown, Max may not have been injured.

Maybe if he kept a character guy like Lapierre instead of the 5th round pick, they would have beat the Bruins...I won't even mention trying to fill his role with Blair Betts and Enqvist.

Maybe if the clown got dmen who could actually skate (Mara and Sopel) the Habs would have beaten the Bruins.

Maybe if he didn't toss Sergei for ZERO, the Habs would have beaten the Bruins.

I can play the what ifs all day long.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:55 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
never said gauthier didnt make mistakes ,and i never said i liked him .he made lots of mistakes obviously..what i dont get is the pure hate for this guy,thats why i'm sticking up for him.but it dont matter cause he gets the last laugh.pierre gauthier got hired by the bowman's.who can argue with them??certainly not anonymous clowns on hf boards.
Last laugh? He got demoted.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
At the time, every single person in Montreal except PG would have kept Halak over Price. Remember the drama it caused all around thw media, because of Halak just brought us to the CF. Thankfully Price's great season and Subban's rookie season and even Gomez's 6 goal season made people like you forget what he did (Halak)as we can see

Nonsense. Most of the people knew Price was the guy, the only complaint was what we got for him, which I still complain about. Many GM's came out and said they weren't contacted about Halak, and were pissed off they never had a chance to make an offer.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:58 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
You put Pacioretty, Gorges and Markov in the lineup against the Bruins and he might have been the GM to bring us our 25th Stanley Cup that year. Makes me sick to play the "What if" card, but people are being unfair in not assessing his full body of work over his 2.5 years as GM.

Whatever. I'm done with the ignorant "fans" who don't have the decency to give a man his due. Piss off with your "Gauthier fan" accusations, he'll be earning a nice NHL salary while you complain on HFBoards. Who's useless now?
Back at you with your statements of ignorance.

What due do I give Gauthier? Ruining the last several years of Canadiens hockey? Watching Martin inspire behind the bench?

I can say the same to you whenever you complain about __________(fill in the players name from Gomez to whomever) regarding their salary and yours. Now what?

Piss off Gauthier. A sad day for Chicago.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

The Blackhawks are now ideal trading partners for the Habs

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:12 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
The Gauthier sympathizers make me laugh. The guy above all else tarnished the Habs reputation around the league in just a few years. The guy treated players and coaches like crap. He was smug, arrogant, control freak. This isn't the Florida Panthers. Making a player pay for his jersey? Garbage. Trading a player in the middle of a game? Garbage. Firing a well liked Assistant Coach hours before a game? Garbage. Firing a head coach on game day? Garbage. Hiring a replacement coach then apologizing to the fans for hiring him? Garbage. Being a GM is not only about player movement (I don't think he was that great at that but some do for whatever reason).
This is why I personally wished that he NEVER worked in hockey again!

It does take completely classless individual to ruin the reputation of a team that has been the class of the league for 100 years... In one season!

Forget the player moves, it the disgrace that he brought to our orginization... and I hope I get a chance to say it right to his face one day.

Chicago... You couldn't find a better candidate.... REALLY!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:23 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Are you kidding me? How many players could this team not sign because of numbnuts? Tinordi? I think this is all Timmins, I wouldn't give an ounce of credit to PG, and who wouldn't have kept Price over Halak?

Good riddance, the guy had zero communication skills, and treated a lot of players rudely and without any professionalism. Cammy was traded during a ****ing game!
to be fair, quite a few people at the time, including me. I wasn't convinced Price would become THAT much better than halak (I considered Halak to be better at the time) but I also thought Price would fetch a great return if packaged properly . To be Honest as much as I like Eller, I still feel we should have gotten more out of that situation ; having 2 legit long term starting goalies. I imagined that price ''could'' become better (he already showed how good he can be and its great... he's now the better of the two, no doubt) but I thought we'd have the ''neal'' or ''staal'' or ''something special'' that would still tip the balance in our favor if we had traded price.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:27 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
to be fair, quite a few people at the time, including me. I wasn't convinced Price would become THAT much better than halak (I considered Halak to be better at the time) but I also thought Price would fetch a great return if packaged properly . To be Honest as much as I like Eller, I still feel we should have gotten more out of that situation ; having 2 legit long term starting goalies. I imagined that price ''could'' become better (he already showed how good he can be and its great... he's now the better of the two, no doubt) but I thought we'd have the ''neal'' or ''staal'' or ''something special'' that would still tip the balance in our favor if we had traded price.
You wouldn't have found a single GM that would have taken Halak over Price. I don't understand the "He picked Halak over Price". Well, duh! The issue with Halak was the return. Not that Eller was bad...but I think he could have gotten more.

Old
07-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Price My Man Crush

How the **** this guy got a new job in the NHL?

Whatever, good luck Hawks.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Nonsense. Most of the people knew Price was the guy, the only complaint was what we got for him, which I still complain about. Many GM's came out and said they weren't contacted about Halak, and were pissed off they never had a chance to make an offer.
One if the things I liked about him was he knew what he wanted and he went after it.

This whole wheeling and dealing thing is highly overrated. We needed a center and he wanted Eller and he got him.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:32 AM
haburger

Quote:
Last laugh? He got demoted.
dude he works in the nhl.whether its gm,scout ,director of player personnel etc.,,,,,it dont matter.chumps like me and you can only dream of working in the bigs.pierre gauthier works in the NHL.posters on HF boards do not.actually posters on HF boards are nowhere near capable.yet many on here seem to think they are capable.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:

Maybe if he kept a character guy like Lapierre instead of the 5th round pick, they would have beat the Bruins...I won't even mention trying to fill his role with Blair Betts and Enqvist.
I'm on your side, but Lapierre a "character guy"? Haha. He does not seem like a bad guy, but he strikes me as more of a joker who didn't mind basking in the spotlight and getting his two minutes of fame if he could get it.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
dude he works in the nhl.whether its gm,scout ,director of player personnel etc.,,,,,it dont matter.chumps like me and you can only dream of working in the bigs.pierre gauthier works in the NHL.posters on HF boards do not.actually posters on HF boards are nowhere near capable.yet many on here seem to think they are capable.
Like there aren't incompetent, "not fit" people working in the NHL.

Old
07-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
At the same time though, one has to remember that even then, the market for goalies was a tough one for sellers. As for the trade returns, we were winning that trade until Hitchcock and his Midas touch arrived, Halak wasn't doing too hot in St. Louis.

And he has yet to surpass 60 games played in a season...

Old
07-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Forlando

Holly crap, the Ghost is back!

Forlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
One if the things I liked about him was he knew what he wanted and he went after it.

This whole wheeling and dealing thing is highly overrated. We needed a center and he wanted Eller and he got him.
I'm not going to knock your thoughts on this, not saying I am right and you are wrong. I still feel you have an asset like Halak, with that playoff performance, you wait until the last possible minute before making a move, and you explore every single opportunity.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
all the personal attacks and the hissy fits are directly correlated to fact some can't accept the fact that someone doesn't think PG sucks, that being GM of hawks, who at least, unlike most here, is not influenced by the garbage that is the mtl sports media and can probably go past his mistakes that where heavily over emphasized here, and extract his professional input, which most of you lack, including me.

Good for him and hope he does well there.
Good for him? The guy is barely human, why would you want to wish him good things? Claude Lapointe was telling a story that when Goat was with the Nordiques and CL was trying to make camp. Claude had just being injured and Goat walked to him and basically laughed at him and said he would never make it in the NHL.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:47 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
At the same time though, one has to remember that even then, the market for goalies was a tough one for sellers. As for the trade returns, we were winning that trade until Hitchcock and his Midas touch arrived, Halak wasn't doing too hot in St. Louis.

what you say is 100% correct, I was not trying to bring up an old debate, I brought that situation up to put in perspective the praise/hate PG still gets for that trade (and the return we got) . Eller was labeled here as an impact player (by people I highly doubt ever saw him play) and that's what slowed the storm ... it was never an ''easy'' decision, like some here say (using the same tone PG used that sounds more or less like a public demonstration of the ''smartest guy in the room syndrom'' )

'' duh ! everyone knew and was happy with the trade !!! <3 '' ... allow me to call a huge BS on that.

We were in a position to cash in one way or the other, and we missed it ... and managed to keep the best goalie. Bottom line is I'm just happy he didn't have to deal with a lot of ''big issues'' ... not convinced he would have been able to avoid a disaster.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I'm not going to knock your thoughts on this, not saying I am right and you are wrong. I still feel you have an asset like Halak, with that playoff performance, you wait until the last possible minute before making a move, and you explore every single opportunity.
It's more my observations of various teams, the ones I like seem to have the right players and the right chemistry rather than the most talent and same thing when getting players in trades.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:57 AM
Undertakerqc

Pierre Gauthier... he scares me!!!

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:21 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post

actually, up until his injury in his 1st season in St-Louis, he was on top of his game, and top 5 in most stats for goalies... it's when he came back from him injury that he didnt do too well for a while.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:51 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

anyway, wether he did good or bad, it's kinda funny to see him in Chicago considering how many peeps in here said the guy was so bad he'd never find a job in the NHL again.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Miller Time

meh....

just further reinforces the reality that some seem completely unwilling to accept.

NHL, like many organizations, is far from a meritocracy. Who you know is more important than how well you do your job.

Gauthier's biggest asset is that he's been around for a long time. Makes no difference that he has had mediocre or worse results in every stop, he has relationships that ensure he'll continue to find work.

I'd be pissed if I was a Hawks fan, but as a Habs fan it can only be a good thing that he got another job so quickly... worse other organizations are, the better for us.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote