HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Signings and your proposals.

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
Harmless, maybe, but surely not beneficial.

On the other side of the coin, he's a master trader.
Our best UFA signing by far is MacArthur. Unless I'm forgetting someone really obvious haha. Kind of sad haha.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:49 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

vCash: 500
trade proposal:

To Toronto:

Luongo

To Vancouver:

The world

Old
07-10-2012, 09:49 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
What are Burke/Nonis doing!!?
Sharpening their shears for the expected fleecings to come.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:50 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Our best UFA signing by far is MacArthur. Unless I'm forgetting someone really obvious haha. Kind of sad haha.
That was definitely a beauty, pay off was huge. I still think he's underwhelming and not really great at anything, so his cap hit is rather large, but if he can continue to put up 20 goals/yr it's all good

Old
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
To Toronto:

Luongo

To Vancouver:

The world
Just a quick question, I'm a curious person by nature.

Why do you have a water stained picture of a walking cookie (?) as your avatar?

Old
07-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Just a quick question, I'm a curious person by nature.

Why do you have a water stained picture of a walking cookie (?) as your avatar?
Because he used to have a half naked girl as his picture but when too many people ripped on him he decided to change his username and picture.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Because he used to have a half naked girl as his picture but when too many people ripped on him he decided to change his username and picture.
This still doesn't explain the meaning behind the strange, and slightly creepy picture.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
This still doesn't explain the meaning behind the strange, and slightly creepy picture.
Dude's a weirdo. He fooled some people after running away from his old username "agreement", but people soon figured it out again.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
To Toronto:

Luongo

To Vancouver:

The world
To Toronto:

Luongo

To Vancouver:

The cup

Edit: this guy is agreement? Hahaha no wonder

Old
07-10-2012, 10:37 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Harmless, maybe, but surely not beneficial.

On the other side of the coin, he's a master trader.
In 09 burkie cleaned up when it came to FA defensemen.
He got komisarek and beauchamin, both arguably the best available that year,(jbo was a FA, but he resigned) got exelby, and didn't have to look far to sign gunner.
I believe komi and beau both were expected by most ppl, not just BB to be tanks. I believe it was the coaching and system that wasn't working for them. Beau did ok after he left and I think komi will be much better under carlyle

Old
07-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Cmillz

Quote:
NHLTradeSource ‏@NHLTradeInsider
#pens could be interested in #nash but right now #shero trying to land #ryan trying to find out who's involved in the possible deal

12m ******* ******** ‏@***************
Just before I do go, one thing I heard (unverified yet) but hearing #Habs offer for Doan = 4years, 19.5M$. Not bad. #Canadiens

13m ******* ******** ‏@***************
This is it for the rumor update, had some more things I needed to verify but didn't have the time. Tomorrow's another day!

14m NHLTradeSource ‏@NHLTradeInsider
#Redwings are going to make a HUFE push for #Nash a late push that could be the biggest deal yet #cbj GM VERY interested

14m NHLTradeSource ‏@NHLTradeInsider
For Nash #cbj GM wants coutoure or pavelski from #sj and a bit more could get a deal done but #sj 100% doesn't want to trade them.

14m ******* ******** ‏@***************
On Ryan: Still hearing the #Flyers are the front runners. Package centered around Voracek could get the deal done sooner or later. #NHLDucks

15m ******* ******** ‏@***************
Onto Bobby Ryan. Hearing he will be the last to be dealt among rumoured players. #NHLDucks are not in a hurry.

16m NHLTradeSource ‏@NHLTradeInsider
#leafs not to concerned of not getting #luongo because #panthers are afraid to go BIG unlike #leafs and #gillies doesn't want #luongo inWest

16m ******* ******** ‏@***************
#SJSharks also interested in Nash but not willing to give up Couture or Pavelski. Hearing #RedWings will make a BIG PUSH for him.

17m ******* ******** ‏@***************
On Nash. Still hearing #NYRangers front runners. As of right now, their offer hasn't changed but it's still best at the moment. #CBJ

17m NHLTradeSource ‏@NHLTradeInsider

It looks like this be where #luongo goes however #panthers and #blackhawks can still bid up

18m NHLTradeSource ‏@NHLTradeInsider
Sources say #Luongo will be asked to waive ntc when he's back from Vegas because a deal is done with the #MAPLELEAFS that is right.. #TML

19m NHLTradeSource ‏@NHLTradeInsider
Who's ready for the BIG rumor

20m ******* ******** ‏@***************
Sources confirm as of right now #Leafs have best offer on the table for #Canucks Luongo but #FLAPanthers and #Blackhawks can still up bid.

20m ******* ******** ‏@***************
Onto Luongo. Buzz around #Canucks is he will be asked to waive NTC to join #Leafs as soon as he's done in Vegas.
Look at this ridiculous crap...cross these two off the list...same person or they rip each other...look at how close together the tweets are and the content...jokes.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
He got komisarek and beauchamin, both arguably the best available that year,(jbo was a FA, but he resigned) got exelby, and didn't have to look far to sign gunner.
I believe komi and beau both were expected by most ppl, not just BB to be tanks. I believe it was the coaching and system that wasn't working for them. Beau did ok after he left and I think komi will be much better under carlyle
How long did it take him to realize that he either had the wrong players for Wilson's system or the wrong coach/system for his players?

Why he kept Wilson so long (and renewed him) will always be one of life's mystery...

Old
07-10-2012, 11:00 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
How long did it take him to realize that he either had the wrong players for Wilson's system or the wrong coach/system for his players?

Why he kept Wilson so long (and renewed him) will always be one of life's mystery...
Ya, I'm a burke guy, but to me that was his one big big mistake. I also don't like allaire and how he ruined gustavsson. I hope he's gone soon.
But I think honestly BB knew Wilson was possibly gonna be toast before the extension, I think he rushed it and resigned him early as a little favor for his potentially soon to be unemployed friend.
I don't think a losing streak in the playoff race half of the season with a defensively loose run and gun team wasn't hard to predict. And I think they had philosophy differences last season

Old
07-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Yeah, resigning Wilson is a mystery to me.

Leafs were doing well at the time which could I guess warrant an extension, but everyone would rather have us make the playoffs before giving it and rightfully so. The timing of it is off, any possibility that the extension was conditional? It makes even less sense that after he was fired and Carlyle hired, Burke outright said they prefer very different style of teams. Seems really stupid to extend someone like that. I could understand letting his contract run out due to being friends (I would understand, not agree with it) but extending + firing in the same year is dumb. Could possibly be trying to give Wilson more money but if it was why announce it to the public, try to keep it behind closed doors. Unless Wilson wasn't supposed to say anything...

At the time of the extension I guess it could be because there were no other coaches Burke envisioned being available? It was a one year contract, a short one like many of our UFA signings. Possible that Burke figured Wilson would hold the fort until someone he wanted became available and then a person (Carlyle) became available sooner than he thought?

To be honest though, I think I am over thinking this all. I think it was just a bad extension with bad timing and overall just a bad decision.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Quote:
I don't see how getting getzlaf and luongo instantly make us a contending team. Considering the talent that will be shipped out to acquire them and the fact that luongo sucks, factored with how stacked the east has become. A middling season with a gutted team with a UFA center and a hack goalie locked in for a decade sound worse to me than possibly tanking with youth and getting a C or a goalie(if we need one) in FA next year
Luongo alone makes us a playoff team IMO, unless he decimates the team to attain him.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:32 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Yeah, resigning Wilson is a mystery to me.

Leafs were doing well at the time which could I guess warrant an extension, but everyone would rather have us make the playoffs before giving it and rightfully so. The timing of it is off, any possibility that the extension was conditional? It makes even less sense that after he was fired and Carlyle hired, Burke outright said they prefer very different style of teams. Seems really stupid to extend someone like that. I could understand letting his contract run out due to being friends (I would understand, not agree with it) but extending + firing in the same year is dumb. Could possibly be trying to give Wilson more money but if it was why announce it to the public, try to keep it behind closed doors. Unless Wilson wasn't supposed to say anything...

At the time of the extension I guess it could be because there were no other coaches Burke envisioned being available? It was a one year contract, a short one like many of our UFA signings. Possible that Burke figured Wilson would hold the fort until someone he wanted became available and then a person (Carlyle) became available sooner than he thought?

To be honest though, I think I am over thinking this all. I think it was just a bad extension with bad timing and overall just a bad decision.
I'm kinda excited to see what happens the season, purely on a team system, player development level.I think reimer will thrive if a good system is in place because his positional play is stellar. And komi might have a renaissance. The JVR trade was good, but again this system could have made schenn a beast... I fear he's gonna kill us when we play them. (Play by play: schenn runs over kessel... Oh no kessel isn't moving, oh wait I just saw him twitch. LOL)
But all and all a good watermark year to answer a few pending internal questions and find those answers in the summer, than all of a sudden we might be perannial contenders for a good chunk of time.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
I'm kinda excited to see what happens the season, purely on a team system, player development level.I think reimer will thrive if a good system is in place because his positional play is stellar. And komi might have a renaissance. The JVR trade was good, but again this system could have made schenn a beast... I fear he's gonna kill us when we play them. (Play by play: schenn runs over kessel... Oh no kessel isn't moving, oh wait I just saw him twitch. LOL)
But all and all a good watermark year to answer a few pending internal questions and find those answers in the summer, than all of a sudden we might be perannial contenders for a good chunk of time.
I really really hope Carlyle works out. Any defensive system, which he brings, will be better but I think some people are getting their expectations too high and will soon be disappointed which means I'm going to go bald having to hear all of them whine. I will prefer Carlyle's style of play, I just don't know if we can get the same success that Anaheim got, they had as a whole much better and more elite players during his tenure in Anaheim.

As to predicting who will do well, I'm going to wait until Burke says 'we are done for the summer unless something unexpected comes up'. Reimer may do much better and Komi may vastly improve, but also it's possible neither is on the team once the season starts

Old
07-10-2012, 11:43 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessely Snipes View Post
Luongo alone makes us a playoff team IMO, unless he decimates the team to attain him.
If it would than BB wouldn't do it.
I don't see how getting an average goaltender in here is enough for us to win, especially after the east loaded up pretty good, I don't think ppl understand, they aren't tradeing him because of schnieder. Are you telling me that small sample of play is enough to dethrone a truelly elite goalie? There have been tonnes and tonnes of goalies that have done what schnieders done and disappeared. They are tradeing him because they just cannot win with him and he's lost the confidence of the team. Why would you trade a truelly elite goalie locked up till he retires at a fair cap hit for the question mark that is schnieder who is only now signed 3 years? Who did Montreal trade price or halak? Yet van desperately wants rid of luongo... Hmmm i wonder why. The fact that they don't wanna just run with them both and really make sure of cory, and up luongos trade worth as he wouldn't seem so desperate to be rid of him and it wouldn't be right after yet another terrible post season luongo effort, is a hint that luongo is a cancer to that team and they can't get rid of him fast enough.
If he's so elite you'd have to think that a dozen teams would be pushing hard to grab him and he'd be somewhere by now.
But no, let's blow our hard work of developing prospects like riemer and whatever it would take to get luongo so we can have a "big name" here and you can put his name on your jersey, and feel like an idiot when u wear it after he inevitably chokes and gets chased out of town, forcing us to restart the rebuild....again.

Last edited by delirium trigger: 07-11-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old
07-11-2012, 02:00 AM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

vCash: 588
Quote:
If it would than BB wouldn't do it.
I don't see how getting an average goaltender in here is enough for us to win, especially after the east loaded up pretty good, I don't think ppl understand, they aren't tradeing him because of schnieder. Are you telling me that small sample of play is enough to dethrone a truelly elite goalie? There have been tonnes and tonnes of goalies that have done what schnieders done and disappeared. They are tradeing him because they just cannot win with him and he's lost the confidence of the team. Why would you trade a truelly elite goalie locked up till he retires at a fair cap hit for the question mark that is schnieder who is only now signed 3 years? Who did Montreal trade price or halak? Yet van desperately wants rid of luongo... Hmmm i wonder why. The fact that they don't wanna just run with them both and really make sure of cory, and up luongos trade worth as he wouldn't seem so desperate to be rid of him and it wouldn't be right after yet another terrible post season luongo effort, is a hint that luongo is a cancer to that team and they can't get rid of him fast enough.
If he's so elite you'd have to think that a dozen teams would be pushing hard to grab him and he'd be somewhere by now.
But no, let's blow our hard work of developing prospects like riemer and whatever it would take to get luongo so we can have a "big name" here and you can put his name on your jersey, and feel like an idiot when u wear it after he inevitably chokes and gets chased out of town, forcing us to restart the rebuild....again.
I couldn't disagree more, and I think Canuck fans would disagree as well. Do you really think the Canucks would be trading him if they didn't think Schneider was the real deal?

People seem to forget that Luongo played superbly in their Cup finals run, he layed a couple eggs against the Bruins but you can't fault just the goalie for those losses.

As soon as I see anyone categorize Luongo as an "average goalie", all their credibility goes right out the window.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:08 AM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelsmustache View Post
I couldn't disagree more, and I think Canuck fans would disagree as well. Do you really think the Canucks would be trading him if they didn't think Schneider was the real deal?

People seem to forget that Luongo played superbly in their Cup finals run, he layed a couple eggs against the Bruins but you can't fault just the goalie for those losses.

As soon as I see anyone categorize Luongo as an "average goalie", all their credibility goes right out the window.
well I guess all his stats go out the window to, his corsi rel too. Luongo definitely has the potential to be elite, but so far has only shown it sporadically, and at his age I wouldn't expect it to surface more often than it has. Also luongo has by far the most playoff blow outs, or egg layings as you said, among active goalies and a lot of the other goalies have way more playoff games than him, its something like 1 out of every 5 or 6 playoff games he let's in 5 or more.... That's not elite, that ratio should.be 1 out of 15 or 20 like other elite goalies like Thomas or brodeur. So luongo will personally lose 1 or 2 playoff games a round.. elite my a$$.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:52 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelsmustache View Post

If "average" is considered 'middle of the pack', and his GAA last year ranked him 13th among goalies who played more than 20 games, then he's within 2 spots of being the most 'average' that you could possibly be - smack dab in the middle.

In terms of credibility, I think this speaks for itself.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:44 AM
JB Maple Leafs

Quote:
I completely and 100% agree with this. Wilson was the wrong coach for a Burke Team. You have to admire Burke's loyalty but he should have brought in a staff at the beginning. Problem is that there may have not been a coach available to suit his style at the time.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 201
Quote:
Beauchemin. That signing landed us Lupul and Gardiner.

Old
07-11-2012, 08:12 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Bozak has had more impact

Old
07-11-2012, 08:44 AM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Bozak has had more impact
I don't think he was a UFA. But its a moot point because his best FA signing is getzlaf in 12 months

Closed Thread