HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 Canada World Junior team - anyone care to take a stab?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2012, 06:40 AM
  #76
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth View Post
But....Can we win?

Is there any other country's that look really strong? I'm not sure about Russia/Sweden/US, but isn't Finland going to be pretty strong?
Yes, but we need to bring the right team.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 06:44 AM
  #77
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth View Post
But....Can we win?

Is there any other country's that look really strong? I'm not sure about Russia/Sweden/US, but isn't Finland going to be pretty strong?
Sweden's going with a pretty deep team, good D, but Mika and Brodin making their respective NHL teams would really hurt. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone right now, but..

Åberg-Lindholm-Karlsson
Zibanejad-Rask-Rakell
Forsberg-Nermark-Burakowsky
Boyce-Wennberg-Lundberg

Brodin-Klefbom
Byström-Lindholm
Bengtsson-Vikstrand
Nielsen

Dansk
Lundström

sg58 is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 06:57 AM
  #78
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,672
vCash: 500
Nevermind.

AwesomePanthers is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 06:58 AM
  #79
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Fascinating stuff... Let's hope we are not too handcuffed by players sticking in the NHL. From what I'm hearing the idiots in Toronto are considering keeping Reilly with the leafs if he impresses in camp. all because he wowed a few people in prospect camp...and given the leafs terrible D-corp, Reilly is already better than anybody they got. We could look again anywhere from 5-7 players sticking in the pros.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 07:16 AM
  #80
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Sweden's going with a pretty deep team, good D, but Mika and Brodin making their respective NHL teams would really hurt. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone right now, but..

Åberg-Lindholm-Karlsson
Zibanejad-Rask-Rakell
Forsberg-Nermark-Burakowsky
Boyce-Wennberg-Lundberg

Brodin-Klefbom
Byström-Lindholm
Bengtsson-Vikstrand
Nielsen

Dansk
Lundström
I think little Z sticks with the Sens this year too. Adam Larsson is again eligible, but will not play. Sweden welcome to Canada's world.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 07:19 AM
  #81
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I think little Z sticks with the Sens this year too. Adam Larsson is again eligible, but will not play. Sweden welcome to Canada's world.
Larsson isn't eligible and I don't think Z will stick, but he's a tweener and the question is if they'd let him go either way.

But never mind the Swedes in this thread. Sorry about that.

sg58 is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 07:22 AM
  #82
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Larsson isn't eligible and I don't think Z will stick, but he's a tweener and the question is if they'd let him go either way.

But never mind the Swedes in this thread. Sorry about that.
Oh, you are right, I thought Larrson was a 93 birth year as he was drafted with RNH. My bad. Didn't do the research... I'm always harpin on posters who don't do the research..

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 07:23 AM
  #83
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,197
vCash: 500
To close with Z, he'd be on Swedens top line...

I think the performance of the 95's at the u-18 worlds will go a long way in deciding who makes the final cut, and how many 17's we bring.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 08:36 AM
  #84
S2S
Come at me bros
 
S2S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Fascinating stuff... Let's hope we are not too handcuffed by players sticking in the NHL. From what I'm hearing the idiots in Toronto are considering keeping Reilly with the leafs if he impresses in camp. all because he wowed a few people in prospect camp...and given the leafs terrible D-corp, Reilly is already better than anybody they got. We could look again anywhere from 5-7 players sticking in the pros.
What an ignorant statement. No one saying he will make the team. It is wishful thinking. Wowing a few people at a prospects camp does not equal automatic spot. No one is saying he is better than anyone we've got. He was better than anyone else they had at the prospect camp, not the overall team. And his name is Rielly. Do some research instead of sounding ignorant.

S2S is online now  
Old
07-11-2012, 08:43 AM
  #85
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Sweden's going with a pretty deep team, good D, but Mika and Brodin making their respective NHL teams would really hurt. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone right now, but..

Åberg-Lindholm-Karlsson
Zibanejad-Rask-Rakell
Forsberg-Nermark-Burakowsky
Boyce-Wennberg-Lundberg

Brodin-Klefbom
Byström-Lindholm
Bengtsson-Vikstrand
Nielsen

Dansk
Lundström




IMO


Pontus Åberg - Mika Zibanejad - Richard Rakell
Filip Forsberg - William Karlsson - Sebastian Collberg
Emil Lundberg - Elias Lindholm - Nick Sörensen
Erik Nyström - Victor Rask - Jeremy Boyce



Jonas Brodin - Oscar Klefbom
Ludvig Byström - Hampus Lindholm
Tom Nilsson - Mikael Wikstrand


Oscar Dansk
Niklas Lundström

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 09:16 AM
  #86
ottawah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
Any chance for Slater Koekkoek?
I'd say not just just because of the depth on D. He will have to improve a lot to make it.

ottawah is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 09:20 AM
  #87
ottawah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
completely forgot about him, so much d depth though. canadian defensemen will have to have good seasons + good december camps to crack this squad.
The problem is there can only be so many offensive guys with questionable D skills. How many Reilly's, Murphy's, Poulliots can the team have?

ottawah is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 09:30 AM
  #88
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
What an ignorant statement. No one saying he will make the team. It is wishful thinking. Wowing a few people at a prospects camp does not equal automatic spot. No one is saying he is better than anyone we've got. He was better than anyone else they had at the prospect camp, not the overall team. And his name is Rielly. Do some research instead of sounding ignorant.

OOOOOOO did I misplace an e for an i. Heavens forbid...the inhumanity of it all. Revoke my licence to hockey fandom.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 09:33 AM
  #89
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth View Post
But....Can we win?

Is there any other country's that look really strong? I'm not sure about Russia/Sweden/US, but isn't Finland going to be pretty strong?
Should be another relatively open tournament. Potential U.S. team:

Goaltenders (x2):

John Gibson
Jon Gillies

Defensemen (x7):

Seth Jones/Jacob Trouba
Connor Murphy/Brady Skjei
Jake McCabe/Connor Carrick
Shayne Gostisbehere

Forwards (x13):

J.T. Miller-Alex Galchenyuk-John Gaudreau
Rocco Grimaldi-Mario Lucia-Stefan Noesen
Vince Trochek-Henrik Samuelsson-Nicolas Kerdiles
Stefan Matteau-Logan Nelson-Ryan Hartman
Brian Hart

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 09:34 AM
  #90
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Based on Hamilton and Huberdeau being up with the big clubs:

Shinkaruk-Mackinnon-Strome
Puempel-Cousins-Rattie
MacNeill-Schiefele-St.Croix
Laughton-Jenner-Wilson
Danault

Harrington-Sproul
Siemens-Murphy
Dumba-Oullet
Percy

Subban
Brossoit

Can we also say that a Laughton-Jenner-Wilson line would be the best WJC checking line ever?

DKQ is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 09:37 AM
  #91
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Should be another relatively open tournament. Potential U.S. team:

Goaltenders (x2):

John Gibson
Jon Gillies

Defensemen (x7):

Seth Jones/Jacob Trouba
Connor Murphy/Brady Skjei
Jake McCabe/Connor Carrick
Shayne Gostisbehere

Forwards (x13):

J.T. Miller-Alex Galchenyuk-John Gaudreau
Rocco Grimaldi-Mario Lucia-Stefan Noesen
Vince Trochek-Henrik Samuelsson-Nicolas Kerdiles
Stefan Matteau-Logan Nelson-Ryan Hartman
Brian Hart
Looks like to be a pretty solid team. Should definitely be in contention for a medal.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 09:40 AM
  #92
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Oh and for US:

Grimaldi-Galchenyuk-Noesen
Lucia-Trocheck-Miller
Hart-Samuelsson-Kerdiles
Ambroz-Matteau-Biggs
Sutter

Trouba-Sieloff
Jones-Skjei
Murphy-Lowe
Carrick

Gibson
Stolarz

DKQ is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 10:50 AM
  #93
SvenBartschi27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
So is Oleksiak
They were in 2011 draft though

SvenBartschi27 is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 10:52 AM
  #94
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Oh and for US:

Grimaldi-Galchenyuk-Noesen
Lucia-Trocheck-Miller
Hart-Samuelsson-Kerdiles
Ambroz-Matteau-Biggs
Sutter

Trouba-Sieloff
Jones-Skjei
Murphy-Lowe
Carrick

Gibson
Stolarz
I don't think Sutter is eligible (even if he didn't make Team Canada)..

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 11:10 AM
  #95
truefan8993
Registered User
 
truefan8993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
I don't think Sutter is eligible (even if he didn't make Team Canada)..
He switched nations. He considers himself Canadian now.

truefan8993 is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 11:12 AM
  #96
truefan8993
Registered User
 
truefan8993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
It looks like if Galchenyuk doesn't make the NHL, the US will have an elite first line. Something that we haven't in a several years.
In addition to that we will imo have the best D pair with Jones and Trouba. I see us making a comeback from last year and at least medaling.

truefan8993 is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
  #97
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,712
vCash: 500
So is Siemens officially banished?

Muffin is online now  
Old
07-11-2012, 11:21 AM
  #98
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,102
vCash: 0
I really expect Galchenyuk to make the Canadiens this year, but even without him I still expect Johnny Gaudreau to absolutely tear it up at this tournament.

GetThePuckOut is online now  
Old
07-11-2012, 11:25 AM
  #99
truefan8993
Registered User
 
truefan8993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Also did anyone else realize that Russia, Canada, and the US are in the same group?

truefan8993 is offline  
Old
07-11-2012, 11:28 AM
  #100
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
IMO


Pontus Åberg - Mika Zibanejad - Richard Rakell
Filip Forsberg - William Karlsson - Sebastian Collberg
Emil Lundberg - Elias Lindholm - Nick Sörensen
Erik Nyström - Victor Rask - Jeremy Boyce



Jonas Brodin - Oscar Klefbom
Ludvig Byström - Hampus Lindholm
Tom Nilsson - Mikael Wikstrand


Oscar Dansk
Niklas Lundström
The Swedes have to be the early favourite to repeat. That blueline is nasty and they have talent, grit and depth up front. Dansk will be one of the top goaltenders as well.

heusy_79 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.