HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
So their 2nd line center solution next year, is Cullen/Bouchard...

And that screams "cup contender" to you?

Okay then, to each their own.
I'd guess Granlund. Koivu and Cullen on the tough minute lines, Granlund on soft/offensive zone minutes and PP?

Old
07-10-2012, 05:49 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Not a legit source, but someone just called on TSN 990 saying

"Trust me, this is going down, You are the first to know, Gomez +Subban for Ryan".. I swear, if this goes down, this guy is gona get calls left and right

TBH I would NEVER trade Subban, unless it is him that doesnt want to resign a contract, or Bergevin cant settle with Meehan for a Salary. I would NEVER EVER Trade PK Though.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

No offense, but some random chap calling on a radio station doesn't really sound like something worthy of posting, legitimacy or otherwise.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:48 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Unless Kane can take it up a notch, I wouldn't trade Plekanec for him straight up.

This is a joke right? Or do you really go to sleep at night in your Canadiens bed sheets convincing yourself of this nonsense?

Old
07-10-2012, 08:10 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
This is a joke right? Or do you really go to sleep at night in your Canadiens bed sheets convincing yourself of this nonsense?
I wouldn't trade PLekanec for Kane either.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:29 PM
LaTenderness

You are both out to lunch.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Why? Kane isn't worth the trouble. Maybe if he was a 90 point guy year in and year out but not for 66 points. Since the year they won the cup jhe's take a big step back in terms of his behaviour and production.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:00 AM
LaTenderness

Listen im a huge fan of Plek but he isn't on the same level as Pat Kane. Kane is much younger and a much better talent. Kane's worst season (ya those 66 pts you mentioned) is equal to Plekanec's BEST season. Sure Tomas plays better defense but that's it. Kane is a better skater, shooter and passer. He's got a much much higher ceiling and he's proven he can step up in big playoff games.

What's not to like? Oh ya he sometimes gets drunk and says rude things to dirty girls when out partying. That honestly doesn't bother me one bit, and has no affect on his value as a hockey player IMHO.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Listen im a huge fan of Plek but he isn't on the same level as Pat Kane. Kane is much younger and a much better talent. Kane's worst season (ya those 66 pts you mentioned) is equal to Plekanec's BEST season. Sure Tomas plays better defense but that's it. Kane is a better skater, shooter and passer. He's got a much much higher ceiling and he's proven he can step up in big playoff games.

What's not to like? Oh ya he sometimes gets drunk and says rude things to dirty girls when out partying. That honestly doesn't bother me one bit, and has no affect on his value as a hockey player IMHO.
It sure as hell does affect his value, at least in my books. You have to try to build a team around character guys and Kane would totally defeat the purpose. Can you imagine him showing up at practice totally hung over when you have guys in the gym working like mad?

I wouldn't touch that guy if they gave him to us... and yes, I'm dead serious. I'd rather pay for a guy who's worth it, both on and off the ice.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

You're talking TALENT, I'm talking PRODUCTION.

Semin has ridiculous talent but a lot of teams won't touch him, why? His production doesn't match the talent.

No doubt Kane has more talent than Plekanec, but in terms of grit, character, Commitment and work ethic Plekanec is light years ahead.

He had 66 points last year when his skill level should have him at 90-100, why? Because he isn't focused on his job, lots of his teammates hate his guts because they want to win and he is more concerned with partying and acting like a 16 year old.

Old
07-11-2012, 08:24 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
You are both out to lunch.

The Bud Lite girls really?? That's your fantasy?

Kane isn't worth one of the best 2 way center in the league. End of story.

Last edited by vokiel: 07-11-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: There's so much IQ there, that it is actually spelled Lite.
Old
07-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
The Bud Lite girls really?? That's your fantasy?

Kane isn't worth one of the best 2 way center in the league. End of story.
what if he meant for the bud light girls? it does play into Plek's old statement about his play in the playoffs 4-5 years ago!

Old
07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
yianik

Dont like Kane for the reasons people have posted above, Id go after Ryan if I was looking at moving Pleks. Ryan appears to have some pouting issues but they are nothing to how Kane seems to be carrying on. However I wouldnt look at moving Pleks now anyway. The best time to trade is when you are moving a guy from a position you are deep in. I guess because of Gally people think we are deep at center, but Gally is not Crosby. Gally may need at least another year of junior, so he may be a year or two away, or he may never make it , thats reality. Eller came along nicely last year and hopefully we give him the opportunity with a good winger to keep improving, but at this point he isnt a top 2 center. So if you trade Pleks now, we may be a center short on the top 6, which is a big problem both short term and long term. At the very least we need to go through training camp and if the Habs think Gally can step in right away, and hope to God they are right if they make that call, then you can look at moving a center. Sure, by then it will likely be too late to trade for Ryan lets say, but that is how it goes. Trading Pleks right now is a huge and unnecessary risk to take, Were trying to rebuild or retool and thankfully we have some vey good pieces, but we cant afford big mistakes right now, all our moves have to be prudent and well thought out, no lets move Pleks and hope Gally can step in or Eller really steps up, cross our fingers stuff.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
It sure as hell does affect his value, at least in my books. You have to try to build a team around character guys and Kane would totally defeat the purpose. Can you imagine him showing up at practice totally hung over when you have guys in the gym working like mad?

I wouldn't touch that guy if they gave him to us... and yes, I'm dead serious. I'd rather pay for a guy who's worth it, both on and off the ice.
this...

and it goes beyond the direct negative impact his behaviour can have on the room.

His antics show a complete lack of both self-control and self-awarness. If he's really not bright enough to figure out how to be a bit more discrete with his boorish behaviour, he's hardly the kind of individual you can entrust a massive contract to.

You don't trade the kind of assets you'd have to give up for Kane, not intent on re-signing long-term, and his character issues and lack of maturity (that seems to be getting worse over time, as opposed to improving) make him a volatile asset.

his talent isn't worth the potential headaches, let alone the assets it would take to get him

Old
07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Dont like Kane for the reasons people have posted above, Id go after Ryan if I was looking at moving Pleks. Ryan appears to have some pouting issues but they are nothing to how Kane seems to be carrying on. However I wouldnt look at moving Pleks now anyway. The best time to trade is when you are moving a guy from a position you are deep in. I guess because of Gally people think we are deep at center, but Gally is not Crosby. Gally may need at least another year of junior, so he may be a year or two away, or he may never make it , thats reality. Eller came along nicely last year and hopefully we give him the opportunity with a good winger to keep improving, but at this point he isnt a top 2 center. So if you trade Pleks now, we may be a center short on the top 6, which is a big problem both short term and long term. At the very least we need to go through training camp and if the Habs think Gally can step in right away, and hope to God they are right if they make that call, then you can look at moving a center. Sure, by then it will likely be too late to trade for Ryan lets say, but that is how it goes. Trading Pleks right now is a huge and unnecessary risk to take, Were trying to rebuild or retool and thankfully we have some vey good pieces, but we cant afford big mistakes right now, all our moves have to be prudent and well thought out, no lets move Pleks and hope Gally can step in or Eller really steps up, cross our fingers stuff.
If you trade Pleks now, unless you are getting ridiculous return, you are risking the development of Eller and Galcheyuk as they may end up rushed and their development derailed.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:24 AM
yianik

Quote:

I dont know how often Kane is boozing it, but I do know red flags are up. Getting charged criminally for assault/and or robbery is also a concern, thats unusual for most people . You can have great talent but the guys in the NHL are in top physical shape so players cant afford to misuse their bodies because that can and will affect their play on the ice Guys are in much better shape than when the Flower used to smoke cigs between periods It also shows complacency on their part, which is a lousy attitude to have.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Habitant le colon

would you guys do :

Diaz + Bourque For Volchenkov

Subban Gorges
Markov Kaberle
Emelin Volchenov
Bouillon Weber

Can be a great defensive unit

Old
07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
would you guys do :

Subban Gorges
Markov Kaberle
Emelin Volchenov
Bouillon Weber

Would love Volchenkov but you really cant pay a guy that much to be on the bottom pairing, and Im guessing Emelin is being given a chance this year to prove he can play top 4 minutes, which is likely why they signed Cubes, a guy who would take a one year deal. In terms of the trade, we cant afford to trade away an offensive winger ( we hope anyway ) since we are weak there to begin with. Do like the player though.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
would you guys do :

Subban Gorges
Markov Kaberle
Emelin Volchenov
Bouillon Weber

Yes of course.... There's no way the Devils' fans get suckered into this deal though

Old
07-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Yes of course.... There's no way the Devils' fans get suckered into this deal though
thing is they can unload a longterm deal ... still 4 year a 4.250 for Volchenkov ... with Bourque they save around a million dollar wich is enough to get Diaz ....

Volchenov with Emelin can be a great 3 pairing playng 2b minute in case of Markov get injuried again ... wich will get Kaberle Bouillon a the 3rd pairing in this case if its happen ...

Having both of Emelin and Volchenkoc tackle and block shot (count Gorges here) we can create a real defensive and aggressive box in our own end. Kaberle and Markov to make the perfect transition pass.

If not Volchenkov who is in the same mold around the league ?

I also think having Volchenkov would help to deal Markov at TDL this year (DETROIT)

Old
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Takashi

Quote:
would you guys do :

Subban Gorges
Markov Kaberle
Emelin Volchenov
Bouillon Weber

No, we are in need of offense, if bourque is gone and no one is sign, moen will play in the second line with pleky and gio, do you really want that?

Old
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
thing is they can unload a longterm deal ... still 4 year a 4.250 for Volchenkov ... with Bourque they save around a million dollar wich is enough to get Diaz ....

Volchenov with Emelin can be a great 3 pairing playng 2b minute in case of Markov get injuried again ... wich will get Kaberle Bouillon a the 3rd pairing in this case if its happen ...

Having both of Emelin and Volchenkoc tackle and block shot (count Gorges here) we can create a real defensive and aggressive box in our own end. Kaberle and Markov to make the perfect transition pass.

If not Volchenkov who is in the same mold around the league ?

I also think having Volchenkov would help to deal Markov at TDL this year (DETROIT)

I'd go for cheaper and already been here done that:

A deal centered around Weber or Diaz for O'Byrne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
No, we are in need of offense, if bourque is gone and no one is sign, moen will play in the second line with pleky and gio, do you really want that?
Can people stop writing off the rookies even before camp? It's really depressing and unnecessary. Bergevin said that he needs some space for them anyway.

Old
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
who are Galcheniuk Gallagher or Leblanc ?? come on

Bourque is useless imo ... VOLCHENOV and EMELIN can be something great.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:18 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
who are Galcheniuk Gallagher or Leblanc ?? come on

Bourque is useless imo ... VOLCHENOV and EMELIN can be something great.
Markov and Emelin can be something great,Bourque has the opportunity to start the season with the worst Habs team finish since Expansion (1967)and fight their way back to respectability.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Mattyb

To Detroit:
Kaberle

To Montreal:
2nd 12

To san Jose:
2nd Nas.
Bourque

To Montreal:
Clowe

Sign vandermree

Patch-DD-Cole
Clowe-pleks-gio
Moen-eller-army
White-gomez-prust
Ex. Noke

Markov-emilen
Subban-Gorges
Cube-vandermree
Ex. Diaz (subs in when not playing the tough teams)

Price
Budaj

Closed Thread