HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Gauthier named Director of Personnel of the Chicago Black Hawks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2012, 10:27 AM
  #101
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 13,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia View Post
Reasons why Hawks hired "Gauthier the Goat."

1. Hawks management must be pissed that we took Bergevin.

2. Hawks management must be pissed to see how good a job Bergevin is doing with the habs.
I'm sure they were acting like a kid and hired Gauthier to spite us.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 10:35 AM
  #102
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia View Post
Reasons why Hawks hired "Gauthier the Goat."

1. Hawks management must be pissed that we took Bergevin.

2. Hawks management must be pissed to see how good a job Bergevin is doing with the habs.
Are you being sarcastic? They haven't seen it yet on the ice and neither have we (although we have high hopes and an improved morale). Is it because of the recent draft? Would it have been any different if Gauthier had remained? After all, Timmins is the constant in the equation.Is it the signing of Prust, Armstrong, and Bouillon? The Habs have a long way to go in strengthening their forward positions. Is it Bergevin's hiring? Are the Hawks envious of The Habs because they have Therrien? He's not exactly Scotty Boman. Ifthe Hawks think Bergevin is saving the Habs from a mess created by Gauthier, then why did they hire a man implicated in the mess?


Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 07-11-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
  #103
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion
 
Shawn Wilken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 31,549
vCash: 50
Awards:
Did the Habs even have that position available when Gauthier was running things around here?

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com
Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:35 AM
  #104
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Did the Habs even have that position available when Gauthier was running things around here?
nope... he didn't believe in having that role in the organization he was leading, yet has no problems taking it for another team

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:38 AM
  #105
HabsByTheBay
Registered User
 
HabsByTheBay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London
Country: United States
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
To a degree here. I don't think Bowman comments on every single move. I'd be shocked if he were contacted for this in a more than regular staff capacity.
I'm sure Stan calls up pop at home on the recliner and talks hockey, but that's different from Scotty being the de facto GM/puppetmaster.

If you're an adult man whose father is the most respected living hockey mind, you'd be a fool not to use him. But you're not a minion either.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:46 AM
  #106
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion
 
Shawn Wilken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 31,549
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
nope... he didn't believe in having that role in the organization he was leading, yet has no problems taking it for another team
Well of course not. A job is a job and he is sure lucky to have one right now.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
  #107
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
It's interesting how the narrative on this forum is changing with regard to Gauthier.

When Gauthier was in Montreal, he was accused of having few contacts around the league; he became infamous around these parts and in the media for being non-social, and a poor communicator. (Nevermind the fact that Gauthier seemed to embody everything awful about a manager)

And yet, here he is, being hired by a club that appreciates fresh ideas, differing perspectives, and has a lot of good old boys to it as well. Now people here attribute this hiring to the fact that Gauthier has plenty of friends (this from the man who previously didn't trade with many clubs, and didn't have friends in the league!).

It is evident from this hiring that the narrative spewed all over this forum and in the media was patently false. It seems to be easy to make negative associations and assumptions about Gauthier ("the anorexic vegan") because the media and most fans have chosen to demonise him.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:07 PM
  #108
Kingbobert
Registered User
 
Kingbobert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 4,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
It's interesting how the narrative on this forum is changing with regard to Gauthier.

When Gauthier was in Montreal, he was accused of having few contacts around the league; he became infamous around these parts and in the media for being non-social, and a poor communicator. (Nevermind the fact that Gauthier seemed to embody everything awful about a manager)

And yet, here he is, being hired by a club that appreciates fresh ideas, differing perspectives, and has a lot of good old boys to it as well. Now people here attribute this hiring to the fact that Gauthier has plenty of friends (this from the man who previously didn't trade with many clubs, and didn't have friends in the league!).

It is evident from this hiring that the narrative spewed all over this forum and in the media was patently false. It seems to be easy to make negative associations and assumptions about Gauthier ("the anorexic vegan") because the media and most fans have chosen to demonise him.
what you say is nice and all except for the part where you're wrong
many gms have come out and said they were never contacted to for trades on cammy or halak. Gauthier just dealt with who he was comfortable with

Players have come out and said that he was no approachable and put ridiculous strict rules on the team that made it really not fun to be here.
He was the only one allowed to speak to media and ran the show almost like a dictator. Why has Bergevin given more interviews in his first 2 months than gauthier did throughout his whole tenure?
Just because somone hired him does not mean it was a smart move...

Gauthier was and is everything this site and media ever said about him and thats why he's no longer the gm of this team

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
  #109
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
Gauthier was and is everything this site and media ever said about him and thats why he's no longer the gm of this team
And yet despite all the talk about his lack of interpersonal skills, he got a job as director of player personnel.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
  #110
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
And yet despite all the talk about his lack of interpersonal skills, he got a job as director of player personnel.
Yup, but obviously the fans of this forum and the consummate professionals in the Montreal media have it right--consistently being hired for top managerial jobs speaks more to the ineptitude around the league.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:42 PM
  #111
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
It's interesting how the narrative on this forum is changing with regard to Gauthier.

When Gauthier was in Montreal, he was accused of having few contacts around the league; he became infamous around these parts and in the media for being non-social, and a poor communicator. (Nevermind the fact that Gauthier seemed to embody everything awful about a manager)

And yet, here he is, being hired by a club that appreciates fresh ideas, differing perspectives, and has a lot of good old boys to it as well. Now people here attribute this hiring to the fact that Gauthier has plenty of friends (this from the man who previously didn't trade with many clubs, and didn't have friends in the league!).

It is evident from this hiring that the narrative spewed all over this forum and in the media was patently false. It seems to be easy to make negative associations and assumptions about Gauthier ("the anorexic vegan") because the media and most fans have chosen to demonise him.
creating an equally exaggerated narrative does no service to anyone.

does anyone really know why he was hired by the Blackhawks? What they valued in his addition?

Could it not be possibly for the precise reason of getting someone from the organization that is now being run by a guy with strong ties to the Hawks? From a strategic point of view, that would make perfect sense...

also, consider this...

Hawks hired PG (a 3-time NHL GM) to the player personnel role recently vacated by Maciver, who was promoted to the vacant assistant-gm role...

if Gauthier's expertise was so highly valued, why hire him to a lesser role, while promoting a less experienced guy to a more significant role?


but no, let's stick to the narrative that b/c he got another job it must mean that the criticisms he faced in guiding the Habs to a 15th place finish were all just excessive attempts at demonizing him because of his dietary choices

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:52 PM
  #112
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
I'm sure Stan calls up pop at home on the recliner and talks hockey, but that's different from Scotty being the de facto GM/puppetmaster.

If you're an adult man whose father is the most respected living hockey mind, you'd be a fool not to use him. But you're not a minion either.
He wish he was half as smart as his dad. He's an idiot. Not that having him around is a bad idea in this capacity but it's not exactly helping his "image."

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:54 PM
  #113
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

but no, let's stick to the narrative that b/c he got another job it must mean that the criticisms he faced in guiding the Habs to a 15th place finish were all just excessive attempts at demonizing him because of his dietary choices
When did Mike8 say that the demonizing of Gauthier was influenced by his dietary choices?

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:59 PM
  #114
Lemons
Registered User
 
Lemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
what you say is nice and all except for the part where you're wrong
many gms have come out and said they were never contacted to for trades on cammy or halak. Gauthier just dealt with who he was comfortable with

Players have come out and said that he was no approachable and put ridiculous strict rules on the team that made it really not fun to be here.
He was the only one allowed to speak to media and ran the show almost like a dictator. Why has Bergevin given more interviews in his first 2 months than gauthier did throughout his whole tenure?
Just because somone hired him does not mean it was a smart move...

Gauthier was and is everything this site and media ever said about him and thats why he's no longer the gm of this team
This. This. This.



Gauthier wasn't bad at managing contracts and evaluating talent (to an extent). The closed door and Nazi attitude he was running created one of the most dry habs seasons i have see in years.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:11 PM
  #115
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
It seems to be easy to make negative associations and assumptions about Gauthier ("the anorexic vegan") because the media and most fans have chosen to demonise him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
When did Mike8 say that the demonizing of Gauthier was influenced by his dietary choices?
save us both time and just scroll up next time.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:16 PM
  #116
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
save us both time and just scroll up next time.
I still don't see where he says they demonized him because he was vegan. He gave an example of how they belittle him, but he didn';t that is why they do so.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:27 PM
  #117
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
He's their next GM if ever Bowman ****s up. Just like Bergevin was for them.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:27 PM
  #118
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
This. This. This.



Gauthier wasn't bad at managing contracts and evaluating talent (to an extent). The closed door and Nazi attitude he was running created one of the most dry habs seasons i have see in years.

This and also, when he's not the boss, he can't dictate what he wants, he has to follow the leadership set by the organization.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:32 PM
  #119
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
creating an equally exaggerated narrative does no service to anyone.

does anyone really know why he was hired by the Blackhawks? What they valued in his addition?

Could it not be possibly for the precise reason of getting someone from the organization that is now being run by a guy with strong ties to the Hawks? From a strategic point of view, that would make perfect sense...

also, consider this...

Hawks hired PG (a 3-time NHL GM) to the player personnel role recently vacated by Maciver, who was promoted to the vacant assistant-gm role...

if Gauthier's expertise was so highly valued, why hire him to a lesser role, while promoting a less experienced guy to a more significant role?


but no, let's stick to the narrative that b/c he got another job it must mean that the criticisms he faced in guiding the Habs to a 15th place finish were all just excessive attempts at demonizing him because of his dietary choices
Fact remains, you don't hire someone as a director if you think they're incompetent.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:39 PM
  #120
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Fact remains, you don't hire someone as a director if you think they're incompetent.
Its also possible to be incompetent as a GM but to be competent at a lower job that reports to the GM.

Goat is taking a big demotion here, he isn't even an Assistant GM.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
  #121
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
So much time wasted On this useless bag of water . Enjoy the deep dish Skeletor hope you ruin another franchise .

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
  #122
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
creating an equally exaggerated narrative does no service to anyone.

does anyone really know why he was hired by the Blackhawks? What they valued in his addition?

Could it not be possibly for the precise reason of getting someone from the organization that is now being run by a guy with strong ties to the Hawks? From a strategic point of view, that would make perfect sense...

also, consider this...

Hawks hired PG (a 3-time NHL GM) to the player personnel role recently vacated by Maciver, who was promoted to the vacant assistant-gm role...

if Gauthier's expertise was so highly valued, why hire him to a lesser role, while promoting a less experienced guy to a more significant role?


but no, let's stick to the narrative that b/c he got another job it must mean that the criticisms he faced in guiding the Habs to a 15th place finish were all just excessive attempts at demonizing him because of his dietary choices
Er, what narrative did I create?!

And I stated specifically that he was not a good GM in Montreal.

Essentially, nothing you wrote was at all relevant to what I stated.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
  #123
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
seriously dude?so you are saying every move he made was bad?price over halak? signing cole?easy to hide behind your computer and spew garbage on the net eh?i bet gauthier has more hockey sense in his little weiner than you do in your brain. actually i know he does cause he just got hired again by an NHL team!i'm sure you can beat that.
The cole signing was so great it helped get us to 3rd worst and completely neglected the fact that the big black hole was actually on defense, not on offence, cole addressed a need and performed above expectation, I'll be surprised if he ever hits 30 again during his contract here.

I know cole wasn't to blame for our 15th place finish, he was one of the bright spots, but if that cash had of been reallocated to minutes eating dman instead, there is no chance we finish 3rd last.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
  #124
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
save us both time and just scroll up next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I still don't see where he says they demonized him because he was vegan. He gave an example of how they belittle him, but he didn';t that is why they do so.
This is really peculiar, Miller Time. Andy's spot on.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:02 PM
  #125
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
never said gauthier didnt make mistakes ,and i never said i liked him .he made lots of mistakes obviously..what i dont get is the pure hate for this guy,thats why i'm sticking up for him.but it dont matter cause he gets the last laugh.pierre gauthier got hired by the bowman's.who can argue with them??certainly not anonymous clowns on hf boards.
Stan bowman is pretty terrible as GM and Scotty wasn't much better.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.