HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago discussing Hjalmarsson package with Habs for Plekanec

Old
07-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Montreality

vCash: 500
this is the most impossible idea ive ever heard of.....the habs are looking for a top 6 forward( LW preferably ) why whould they trade their #1 center for a defenseman.lol? unless hawks throw in Stahlberg and even then

Montreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:07 AM
DontTazMeBro
LoveYouRyanNash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium128 View Post
Plekanec
Emelin

Hjalmarsson
McNeil/Danault (take your pick)
Kruger
2012 2nd
1) I hope you mean 2013 pick, and the Hawks don't have it due to the Oduya trade.

DontTazMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:15 AM
ChoseLa

Plek is worth a lot more than Hjalmarsson, our best center for depth players? I don't know why we should send Emelin with Plek to get this done. McNeill is underwhelming to say the least.

I wouldn't even make the trade of Hjalmarsson for Emelin. Not that Emelin is better than Hjalmarsson but he only had one season in the NHL and he looked great plus he's one of most beautiful hiter in the game, i'd wait to see him for at least another year before trading him.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:22 AM
medhatcanuck

Let's be reality here, if and a big if plekanec was available, Montreal could get a boatload more then a deal centered around hjarlm.

Van, Chi, Buff, Tor, Cgy, Edm should be interested off tge top of my head.

I'd be willing to give up

Tanev, 1st Round 2013, And good pieces we get from the luongo trade.

medhatcanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Eisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
lol could you imagina having every pick in a given draft round
you'd have no team left^^

Eisen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
Why would Montreal trade Plekanec?
Because Plekanec is one of the few players with value who the Habs can afford to move, withouth mortgaging their future (i.e. Pacioretty, Subban)

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Snowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Based on what?
Career achievements.

Sharp and Plekanec have comparable career statistics with a 20+ point edge going to Sharp. Sharp also has scored 50+ more goals and has won a cup.

Hjalmarsson at this point is clearly better than any of Diaz, Beaulieu or a 2nd, none of which has established themselves in the league. Hjalmarsson is also a year younger than Diaz and is a career plus player and is still only 25/26.

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:50 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Pretty sure this was posted yesterday and that thread went 3 pages before being closed.

JJ = Eklund
This. Hockeybuzz = Eklund

Hope you didn't pay for that info.

When will peeps learn?

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
Good line-up would be:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Sharp - Eller - Gionta (Sharp and Gionta will aide in Eller's development)
Bourque - Leblanc - Prust
Moen - White - Armstrong/Nokelainen

Subban - Gorges
Emelin - Markov
Hjalmarrson - Kaberle/Bouillon/Diaz

Price
Budaj

That in my perspective is a Stanley Cup contending team
Far from there. The centre position would be the weakest in the entire NHL.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhawk View Post
Career achievements.

Sharp and Plekanec have comparable career statistics with a 20+ point edge going to Sharp. Sharp also has scored 50+ more goals and has won a cup.

Hjalmarsson at this point is clearly better than any of Diaz, Beaulieu or a 2nd, none of which has established themselves in the league. Hjalmarsson is also a year younger than Diaz and is a career plus player and is still only 25/26.
Plekanec is a center (more valuable position) who has played on a significantly weaker team for the last several years.

Sharp isn't worth more, nor is he better than Plekanec.

I also wouldn't trade Emelin straight up for Hjalmarsson. All the proposals in here suck. Nothing the Hawks would be willing to give up interests me in a Plekx deal.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:00 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
lol could you imagina having every pick in a given draft round

not allowed to

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:06 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Doesn't sharp play center too?

Loooove the sharp

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:09 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Doesn't sharp play center too?

Loooove the sharp
He has, but he evidently isn't good enough. Which is why we've spent the last year hearing about how badly Chicago needs a 2C.

Another thing I don't get...Chicago's defence was horrible last year. Why are they trading Hjalmarsson even?

Old
07-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Hawkaholic

Sharp isn't going anywhere.

I wouldn't be opposed to Hammer + Bolland for Plekanec + (that + being something decent in value that is NHL ready)

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I can't see Plekanec going to Chicago without Sharp coming back.

Hjalmarsson
Sharp

for

Plekanec
Diaz + 2nd or
Beaulieu

Plekanec >>> Hjalmarsson
Sharp >>>>> Diaz

A 2nd in 2013 to balance it out.
Sharp >>>>>> Plekanec
Hjalmarsson >>>>>> Diaz

Need to add more than a 2nd and Beaulieu.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Sharp isn't going anywhere.

I wouldn't be opposed to Hammer + Bolland for Plekanec + (that + being something decent in value that is NHL ready)
Why on Earth would the Habs make that trade? And give up something in the deal as well?

Hjalmarsson isn't needed for the Habs. They have lots of LHD.

And the only situation they'd deal PLekanec in, is one wehre they get some youthful assets back. Hjalmarsson and Bolland aren't old, but neither of them are going to get much better, if any better, than they currently are.

And you propose the Habs give up something in that deal as well?

WHy don't people ever look at their trade "ideas" from the other teams POV and try to at least think, for a second, about whether or not it's a logical move for them.

Old
07-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
With the draft past there is no trade with TB that makes sense for Hawks at this time
We have lots of good prospects I think your right though. Not very good trade partners right now. Maybe at the deadline they can get something done. If Hjalmarsson makes it to FA in 2014 I could see him wanting to come to Tampa to play with Hedman. I know they are real good friends.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Sharp >>>>>> Plekanec
Hjalmarsson >>>>>> Diaz

Need to add more than a 2nd and Beaulieu.
2nd in a good draft , Beaulieu first round draft pick (17th) (projected top 10 pick)

Plekanec is at least arguably equal to Sharp...Sharp has better linemates , better team overall , less pressure to produce , less pk time..
Diaz + 2nd and a legitimate prospect isn't enough for Hjalmarsson talk about
over evaluating your own team (Homerism).

Last edited by Avim86: 07-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Snowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
2nd in a good draft , Beaulieu first round draft pick (17th) (projected top 10 pick)

Plekanec is at least arguably equal to Sharp...Sharp has better linemates , better team overall , less pressure to produce , less pk time..
I agree you are over valuing your team. They were what? the second worst team this past season!

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:39 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
I agree you are over valuing your team. They were what? the second worst team this past season!
Yeah, and the Hawks won all of 2 more playoff games than the Habs did.

Habs also had crazy amounts of injuries, and their GM made a number of bizarre moves, including firing a veteran solid coach and putting in an overwhelmed rookie coach.

I'm really happy the Habs got the 3rd overall draft spot. Other than the standings their stats in no way implied they were a bottom 5 team though.

Old
07-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Avim86

Quote:
How many bad seasons did your team have to get Kane , Toews and 2 other top 10 picks the 2 years before that , Montreal has had 2 top 5 picks in the last 20+ years...I wish my team had the luxury of having fans that would allow such a colossal rebuild , enjoy Gauthier...

Old
07-11-2012, 12:42 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
How many bad seasons did your team have to get Kane , Toews and 2 other top 10 picks the 2 years before that , Montreal has had 2 top 5 picks in the last 20+ years...I wish my team had the luxury of having fans that would allow such a colossal rebuild , enjoy Gauthier...
The Habs also didn't place in the bottom 5 in any way shape or form to get their other top 5 pick (2005, Carey Price)

I also found it funny to see a Hawks fan mocking the Habs for one bottom 5 finish Glad I'm not the only one.

Old
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Plekanec must be one of the most underappreciated players on these boards.
Must've missed the part where everyone in this thread is saying he is way too valuable to trade away and Hjalmarsson is nowhere near enough for him.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
elvisisalive

Quote:

Homerism? Pleks is not equal to Sharp. I hate it when someone types in the word Arguably so as to validate the point they are stretching. Hammer is very good at what he does, but not so good in other aspects of his game. He's not going to turn into a 40 point player by magically tapping into his offensive potential. he will block shots with abandon, fire the puck out of the zone when under pressure, work the corners hard, and every once in a while knock somebody into next week. is that worth Pleks straight up, no. So in short to get Pleks, and make it an even hockey trade, it's not going to be Sharp, and would more than Hammer to get him. And no that doesnt mean include Bolland, but it should mean one of our higher rated prospects. Danault sticks out to me, by keeping Bolland he becomes no more than a 4th line center for us. Im guessing the Habs new GM had a say in getting him drafted in the first place. In my mind, thats what Id be willing to give up, maybe a second tier prospect like Morin as well, but thats as far as i would go

elvisisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisisalive View Post
Homerism? Pleks is not equal to Sharp. I hate it when someone types in the word Arguably so as to validate the point they are stretching. Hammer is very good at what he does, but not so good in other aspects of his game. He's not going to turn into a 40 point player by magically tapping into his offensive potential. he will block shots with abandon, fire the puck out of the zone when under pressure, work the corners hard, and every once in a while knock somebody into next week. is that worth Pleks straight up, no. So in short to get Pleks, and make it an even hockey trade, it's not going to be Sharp, and would more than Hammer to get him. And no that doesnt mean include Bolland, but it should mean one of our higher rated prospects. Danault sticks out to me, by keeping Bolland he becomes no more than a 4th line center for us. Im guessing the Habs new GM had a say in getting him drafted in the first place. In my mind, thats what Id be willing to give up, maybe a second tier prospect like Morin as well, but thats as far as i would go
I love how you wrote all that and still have yet to explain to me how Sharp is soo much better then Plekanec with nearly equal ppg stats and knowing Sharp plays with better teammates and plays a considerable amount less on the pk then Plekanec.
I have yet to see someone give a real reason why Sharp is better rather then the cliche Sharp >>> Plekanec AINEC...
It's sad as I honestly believe most "fans" look at last seasons stats to make a player comparison but that is just so wrong in so many ways.