HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy (Part IX): Generic Thread Title Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Kreider-richards-gaborik
Nash-stepan-callahan

those look nice.
Personally when healthy, I'd like to see Richards with Nash and Stepan with Gaborik, hence Nash is traded here

Old
07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
vyborny is not as good as kozlov, heatley, hossa or savard. if somebody says rj umberger i might just throw up.

and bern's comment is on the money. stepan is a nice player with decent upside but he's no skinner.. stop overvaluing home grown guys. do you want to have a competitive team with "our guys" or do you want to win stanley cups? sometimes its tough parting with good guys who are good players, but when you get the chance to improve your team and win you take it.
I never said he was as good. But to make it like Nash has played with stick figures is getting ridiculous. Nash is not an elite player. Howson wants an elite player package for a return. Thats the problem here.

AA dubi thomas draft pick

Old
07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
That's not true. I wasn't around for the Gabby signing, but everyone was ecstatic when we signed Richards, the long time coveted #1 center
People were against it. There was a number of people, they just weren't as loud as the pro-Richards party. They thought that he would be Drury 2.0.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:43 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Who is Cerny talking about when he refers to trades made which weren't rumored in the media?

Cerny thinks Miller could play in the NHL next season. Begin the year in the AHL and receive a call up during the season.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Stepan at 22 years old and a center on this team, is not "overvalued.". Its called an asset.
You call it one thing, we call it something else. Hes not going to be a star player like Nash. Complete no brainer for now AND the next 5 years.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Who is Cerny talking about when he refers to trades made which weren't rumored in the media?

Cerny thinks Miller could play in the NHL next season. Begin the year in the AHL and receive a call up during the season.
And yet I was told how silly I was for thinking that.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Personally when healthy, I'd like to see Richards with Nash and Stepan with Gaborik, hence Nash is traded here
I'd rather nash with stepan.

But then again since all i hear is nash never had anyone to play with in cbj which is why he can put up 40 goals every year, i guess we "have" to put him with richards so theres no more excuses

Old
07-11-2012, 01:46 PM
bernmeister

One would think every single permutation has been tried; but has THIS been proposed?

Stepan, Boyle, Chad Kolarik, Wade Redden and THREE Ranger 2nds
to CBJ
Rick Nash + CBJ 1st (we have to agree on the year, but I'm flexible within reason).

This might be enough for Howson to save face, what with three high picks and one key young anchor [Stepan] and a productive, flexible guy [Boyle] and while not the most bargain basement least possible price, this is still very cheap, we're not giving up Hagelin, and we're getting --- albeit only the one 1st --- a higher pick for our three 2nds.

Plus we're moving Kolarik and Redden

Thoughts?

Old
07-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Dog View Post
I'm glad names like Hossa and Heatley are coming up. Two players that are and were much better than Nash in my opinion and it illustrates how, as a player ages, the numbers dip. Even Kovalchuk's numbers have as he has adapted to defensive play.

Again though, this was done at a young age for Kovalchuk. Those years are gone for Nash.
Scoring across the league is down.

What do Hossa, Heatley, Kovalchuk, and Nash all have in common? They ALL led their respective teams in scoring last year.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
One would think every single permutation has been tried; but has THIS been proposed?

Stepan, Boyle, Chad Kolarik, Wade Redden and THREE Ranger 2nds
to CBJ
Rick Nash + CBJ 1st (we have to agree on the year, but I'm flexible within reason).
Yes that was proposed last Thursday

Old
07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:

Cerny barely knows hockey at all. He gets paid to do a job but that doesnt mean he actually has a good grasp at it.

Miller is not making the Rangers next season. Hell he would be best fit to be left in the OHL unless he really turns heads at the pack/rangers TC

Old
07-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I never said he was as good. But to make it like Nash has played with stick figures is getting ridiculous. Nash is not an elite player. Howson wants an elite player package for a return. Thats the problem here.

AA dubi thomas draft pick
That's a package for an elite player. It's a better package than New Jersey gave up for Kovalchuk, Pittsburgh gave up for Hossa, and San Jose gave up for Heatley. All players considered elite at the time of their deals. These are players coming off of better seasons and having better career numbers than Rick Nash. Yes, Kovalchuk and Hossa were free agents and Heatley was demanding a trade and everyone knew it. Factors negated by the size of the Nash contract and Hown's squandering of any leverage he may have had.

If Nash isn't elite, why are we giving up that much? I'm really tired of reading these completely rational posts, like the first half of the one I quoted, followed by trade proposals that are not. Of course, there's no hope of that. Maybe I should take a break

Old
07-11-2012, 01:48 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
You call it one thing, we call it something else. Hes not going to be a star player like Nash. Complete no brainer for now AND the next 5 years.
How do you know that? Nash is 28. Stepan is 22. Different positions. Stepan put up 50 points last year. Stepan, if he keeps progressing could put up 70 points in his prime. Thats a pretty damn good center. Nash is not a playmaker. He has trouble putting up 70 points right now at 28. You can make excuses for him all you want. Stepan in a deal for Nash will never happen.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
I'd rather nash with stepan.

But then again since all i hear is nash never had anyone to play with in cbj which is why he can put up 40 goals every year, i guess we "have" to put him with richards so theres no more excuses
Stepan had chemistry with Gaborik, IMO Nash and Richards work because of Richards' playmaking ability

Old
07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
Cerny barely knows hockey at all. He gets paid to do a job but that doesnt mean he actually has a good grasp at it.
Cerny knows hockey. But he is ultimately a mouth piece. He isn't going to rock the boat or ask difficult questions. He isn't getting paid to do that.

But the dude understands the sport.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
That's a package for an elite player. It's a better package than New Jersey gave up for Kovalchuk, Pittsburgh gave up for Hossa, and San Jose gave up for Heatley.
Two rentals there.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:50 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
That's a package for an elite player. It's a better package than New Jersey gave up for Kovalchuk, Pittsburgh gave up for Hossa, and San Jose gave up for Heatley. All players considered elite at the time of their deals. These are players coming off of better seasons and having better career numbers than Rick Nash. Yes, Kovalchuk and Hossa were free agents. A factor negated by the size of Nash's contract.

If Nash isn't elite, why are we giving up that much? I'm really tired of reading these completely rational posts, like the first half of the one I quoted, followed by trade proposals that are not. Of course, there's no hope of that. Maybe I should take a break
I agree with you buddy. But because of what Howson wants i think he gets that package.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Two rentals there.
I guess you ignored the part where he said that factor is negated by the fact that nash makes 7.8 million for the next 6 years.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Sauer is probably closer than we think.

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
That's not true. I wasn't around for the Gabby signing, but everyone was ecstatic when we signed Richards, the long time coveted #1 center
you should read the threads leading up to signing him. hes old, hes concussed, hes slow, hes overrated, his contract will be too long, for too much money, etc, etc, etc.

Old
LordsCup*

Quote:
How do you know that? Nash is 28. Stepan is 22. Different positions. Stepan put up 50 points last year. Stepan, if he keeps progressing could put up 70 points in his prime. Thats a pretty damn good center. Nash is not a playmaker. He has trouble putting up 70 points right now at 28. You can make excuses for him all you want. Stepan in a deal for Nash will never happen.
Nash would have no problem putting up 70 points playing with stars like gaborik, richards, and some pointmen who know how to move the puck.

I dont see Stepan ceiling going much higher then around 60-65 points, a player like him is much easier replaced then finding a legit first line power forward scorer.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I agree with you buddy. But because of what Howson wants i think he gets that package.
I think if that offer was on the table, the deal would've been done already. Sather isn't the type to cave on this stuff.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Cerny knows hockey. But he is ultimately a mouth piece. He isn't going to rock the boat or ask difficult questions. He isn't getting paid to do that.

But the dude understands the sport.
Cerny knows hockey. He is around the team alot.

Cerny is to the rangers what portzline is to cbj imo.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
I guess you ignored the part where he said that factor is negated by the fact that nash makes 7.8 million for the next 6 years.
Yep, totally glossed over that.

But I reject that notion. If Nash were a free agent today, he would get more than that.

Heatley had a similar contract when the cap was a lot lower, so I don't see how one negates the other, here.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

im not sure i can name any star type player that has had less to play with than Rick Nash. Gaborik was up there, but even he had better talent than Nash has.

Closed Thread