HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 12:44 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Made the playoffs??

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Asking for Giroux isn't asking for a massive overpayment, it's trolling.

Sean couturier would be a massive overpayment --not that I'd trade him.
I don't know how you can call Sean Couturier, essentially still a rookie who scored only 27 points last year as a "massive overpayment" for Bjugstad. The fact that you call it a "massive overpayment" shows me how little hockey knowledge you must have.

Bjugs is a highly touted prospect drafted only 11 spots after Couturier. Because he's played a pretty average season in the NHL, it's automatically a massive overpayment? Oh man that's funny

Old
07-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:

Says the guy coming in and asking for the best prospect, on the team with the best prospects and expects to give Matt Read...

Old
07-11-2012, 01:18 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:

Who's trolling? Panther fans on their own board? Get real man. You cant expect for us to give up one of our most prized prospects for hand-me-downs. Of course we want an overpayment for our top prospects? But does that make us trolls? Of course not. What an idiotic statement.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Tuco

Don't want to talk about this on the main boards, it's just too crazy.

What would you guys trade for Lou?

We need to
dump salary: Upshall, Kopecky?
give a goalie back: Theo or Clemmer?
and maybe most interesting part, give up some future: no one Gives Bjugstad, but how about Howden, or Shore? Petro?

Old
07-11-2012, 01:57 PM
zeroG

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Says the guy coming in and asking for the best prospect, on the team with the best prospects and expects to give Matt Read...
yeah, right? i think the original giroux comment was mostly in jest anyway. let's move on.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:11 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
What would you guys trade for Lou?
We need to
dump salary: Upshall, Kopecky?
give a goalie back: Theo or Clemmer?
and maybe most interesting part, give up some future: no one Gives Bjugstad, but how about Howden, or Shore? Petro?
I wouldn't give a prospect, but since I don't want Lou back, I'm bias.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:13 PM
p9ers

Quote:

Couturier would be our 4th or 5th best prospect I guess, so that's not an overpayment.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:16 PM
ShootIt

Upshall, Shore and Theo for Luongo.

I doubt Gillis is 100% confident in Cory carrying the load for the majority of the season. Maybe do a 70-30ish split between Cory and Jose.

The Canucks still are in the window of cup contenders.
I doubt Gillis would trade off Luongo and not have an established, vet backing up Cory.

Cory + Eddie Lack = not a lot of experience

Old
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Couturier would be our 4th or 5th best prospect I guess, so that's not an overpayment.
Sorry, but, IMO he would be 2/3 if he was still eligible for being a prospect.

He was once thought of being a top 3 pick, only thing holding him back was speed and elite offensive skill.

If Bjugstad, Howden and Couturier were in the same draft class, all at the same age, Couturier would go first among those 3.

Couturier also did very well his first year, all things considered.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:32 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Sorry, but, IMO he would be 2/3 if he was still eligible for being a prospect.

He was once thought of being a top 3 pick, only thing holding him back was speed and elite offensive skill.

If Bjugstad, Howden and Couturier were in the same draft class, all at the same age, Couturier would go first among those 3.

Couturier also did very well his first year, all things considered.
He did very well in the playoff, pretty average during the season.
We are not back at the draft, right not I'd take Bjugs before him, I see more upside with Bjugs. I'd take him before Howden, so that's why 4/5, some might like Howden better.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:25 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Brian Campbell

Avs fan here, just wondering what you would realistically want for Brian Campbell?

Old
07-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Laus723
Future Now

We have a fantasy trades thread, he's not going anywhere, I'm sure. High salary, believe he has a NTC, and he's incredibly valuable to the team.

07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM93 View Post
Avs fan here, just wondering what you would realistically want for Brian Campbell?
I realistically want him to stay.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I realistically want him to stay.
Lol; ditto

Old
07-26-2012, 03:57 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

The absolute clear cut most valuable irreplaceable panther.

Old
07-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Knightmare

Stastny +++ but yeah, it's just not going to happen

Old
07-26-2012, 04:08 PM
florida

stastny and mueller. o wait...

Last edited by florida: 07-26-2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: forgot second T in Stastny.
Old
07-26-2012, 04:11 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Brian Campbell has more value to the Florida Panthers than he would to any other NHL team. That being said, I just don't see any trade possibilities that make sense.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Haj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Brian Campbell has more value to the Florida Panthers than he would to any other NHL team. That being said, I just don't see any trade possibilities that make sense.
I would trade Brian Campbell for the following:

Everyone that is currently living and will EVER live is not allowed to:
1. Suggest the Florida Panthers as candidate for contraction.
2. Deride the South Florida market because of its "non-traditionalness" (Yeah, its
a destination location with warm weather, beautiful women , beaches, and golf
courses. Its a pretty terrible thing.")
3. When I walk into a bar wearing Florida Panther regalia no one can say: "I've
never seen one of you before."
4. Assume our fans know nothing about hockey because we are from Florida.

I would trade Brian Campbell for all that.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
I would trade Brian Campbell for the following:

Everyone that is currently living and will EVER live is not allowed to:
1. Suggest the Florida Panthers as candidate for contraction.
2. Deride the South Florida market because of its "non-traditionalness" (Yeah, its
a destination location with warm weather, beautiful women , beaches, and golf
courses. Its a pretty terrible thing.")
3. When I walk into a bar wearing Florida Panther regalia no one can say: "I've
never seen one of you before."
4. Assume our fans know nothing about hockey because we are from Florida.

I would trade Brian Campbell for all that.
Hell, I wouldn't. We've been dealing with that for 20 years and we're still around. Why trade our hands-down MVP for something that is just status quo at this point?

Old
07-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Haj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Hell, I wouldn't. We've been dealing with that for 20 years and we're still around. Why trade our hands-down MVP for something that is just status quo at this point?

Yeah, I know. I'm not being serious, those are just some things that really grind my gears.

I should have added a to my post.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:13 AM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
Yeah, I know. I'm not being serious, those are just some things that really grind my gears.

I should have added a to my post.
You should have add, "Say that the Panthers should relocate north."

Old
08-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Boik14

Hey Panther fans, Im running a GM League and if a Panther fan wants to represent their team, that'd be great. Heres a quick rundown of the way the league works. Just PM if youre interested, Im trying to fill out the last 8 teams with extremely active managers:

The league requires you to be active, have knowledge of a teams roster and minors, and requires that you know how to operate within a budget since there is a salary cap of 75M.

Below are the rules we have come up with. If you would like to join please Private Message me and let me know which team you would like. I will do my best to accommodate you as it is first come, first serve. The list of teams available is as follows:

Philly
Anaheim
Phoenix
Columbus
Dallas
Winnipeg
Florida
Tampa Bay

The concept of this league is common. It is a dynasty league in which all members will select one NHL team. Our salary cap is $75M, this means teams will have to make moves to stay under the cap otherwise they will not be allowed to sign free agents and will take a loss for every game they’re over the cap.

The league will be played on ESPN's Fantasy Hockey League in three leagues; a 30 team league and a 10 team Postseason League. The commissioner of the league is Tom of the Edmonton Oilers while the assistant commissioner is Matt from the NY Islanders.

We have very simple guidelines that we want people to abide by:

1. Have Fun
2. Be Active
3. Participate

Code of Conduct-
We are committed to making this a place full of integrity and respect. All owners should follow these guidelines:
• Members will respect and appreciate each and every member.
• Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all members.
• Members will not engage in a mean spirited argument with each other.
• There will not be any obscene or indecent messages posted as your icon on the chatroll, proboards, or ESPN.
• There will not be any obscene links posted on chatroll, proboards, or ESPN

The moderators and commissioners are left to intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and members are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the to them. Members and guest who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to ejection.

Activity-
Please do not sign up if you are not active. Please do not sign up if you are prone to abandoning teams because you do not win. This league is intended for active users ONLY. All players will be responsible for verifying when they are on vacation. If any health issues occur, if you can at least email or PM me it would be appreciated. If you are not visibly present for two weeks, your team will be assigned to a new owner immediately. I understand kids get sick. Spouses get sick. So on and so on. If you are able to be here you will let me know. Otherwise you will not. We will constantly look at who is active and who is not.

Ownership-
To be an owner you must be active and respectful. Anyone who fits this criteria and wants to join is welcome as long as an open spot is available. To become an owner they can simply contact a member of the Commissioner's Committee. We don't want any owners prone to quitting.

Rosters-
Only transactions made here will be honored. Any team that is caught adding players not on their roster will be warned and subsequently expelled.
Each team will be responsible to update their roster, minors, and transaction log. Team rosters consist of 35 spots. You will have starting:
4 C
4 LW
4 RW
6 D
1 G
1 UTIL

For the bench you will have:

15 players at whatever positions you choose

There will be 3 IR slots for injured players

If you go over the 35 roster spots (not including IR) at any given time your situation will be reviewed by the commissioners and may result in a loss for every game you are over or another kind of penalty.

Minors-
All teams must list at least fifteen minor leaguers at all times. Each team has rights to their real teams minor leaguers unless traded. You may also have another team’s prospect if signed or traded for.

Transactions-
I. Trading
a.) Trade Eligibility - In order to submit any trade to be reviewed, your roster must be currently up to date including payroll and previous transactions. You must also have payroll and roster space prior to submitting any trade for review. Any team that has not met all of the prerequisites may not submit a trade for review.

b.) Trade Review - All trades must pass a review period. The "Trade Committee", or "TC", will vote whether to pass or veto the trade. There will be seven members on the committee. It takes four TC approvals to pass or veto a trade, the first to four is the decision

YOU MAY NOT BACK OUT ON A TRADE AFTER ACCEPTING ON THE POST. TC CAN NOT VOTE UNTIL BOTH TEAMS AGREE ON THE POST.

c.) Trade Approval - Update your roster once the trade has officially passed. You may not make additional trades unless your roster is current. You may make multiple trades at one time, but your rosters and transaction log must be current. Once a transaction of any kind is made, you must update your transaction log before making any further type of transaction.

II. Call Ups/Send Downs
Players may be called up as you like. You may send a player down when:
a) They are in the minors
b) They are eligible to be sent down by the NHL team
c) They clear waivers here

III. Cutting Players
Dropped Players/DFA. Players under contract can be dropped from rosters to clear a roster spot if needed. However, the original owner is responsible for the entire contract for as long as the player remains with original team. If player is picked up and has multiple seasons remaining on his contract, the new owner is responsible for the remaining salary following the current season. New teams will only be responsible for 500,000 dollars of any contract.

IV. Free Agency/Waivers
a.) NHL Free Agents - Free Agency is a silent bidding system with a waiver priority, based on the past year's standings in this league, until the new season is a few weeks in then it will be by those standings, the tiebreaker for that being the interdivision record.

Money you bid will be paid for the first year only but you must also pay the players actual salary. You are also responsible for the bid on the signed player even if traded. It is your own business if you are to be compensated for the bid in a deal.

There is no max. bid amount for free agents. You can bid as much as you want. Just make sure you have the cap space.

b.) International Free Agents - Free agents from the Russian KHL or other leagues will be treated the same way as regular free agents. There is a silent bidding system and there is no max bid. Just make sure you have enough cap space. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be based on record. The team with the worse record of the tie breaker will get the player.

V. Extensions
The only extensions given are those by the real NHL team. However the extension only applies if it is before the player is in the last year of their contract or before their arbitration. Options count as extra years left on the contract.

VI. Resigning
You may resign any expiring player on your team. To resign any players you must PM Matt of the NY Islanders to let him know.

VII. Arbitration
To retain arbitration eligible players, like free agents, you must PM Matt of the NY Islanders with what players you are retaining.

VIII. Options
Some players may have a player or club option is some years. If it is:
a) Player Option
If the option vest the team here gets the player if not the team does not.
b) Club Option
This option is your own teams decision to make you may either decline or accept the option. If you accept the club option you must PM Matt of the NY Islanders to say that you are using the players club option.

All the transactions made must be documented in your team’s transactions log, preferably with a date of the transaction. All the above transactions except extensions and arbitration must be documented.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:02 PM
harv3317

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LUONGO PROPOSALS!!!!!!! i'm very happy with theo-clemmer and I DON'T WANT LUONGO!!!!!! let's n ot go there!!!!!!!

Old
09-05-2012, 04:49 PM
rockinghockey

Fld & edm

If your young prospects take the next step fwd and are ready to play this year does this make Fleishman available?

He would be a good 2C for us behind RNH.

What would you want for him if he is available?

Closed Thread