HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy (Part IX): Generic Thread Title Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 01:55 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
Nash would have no problem putting up 70 points playing with stars like gaborik, richards, and some pointmen who know how to move the puck.

I dont see Stepan ceiling going much higher then around 60-65 points, a player like him is much easier replaced then finding a legit first line power forward scorer.
Really? This is news to me. For the past 5 years the organization has struggled to find good centers. Now were dealing our young center who has the upside to be a solid 2nd line center for years

Old
07-11-2012, 01:56 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Thats great news. I never wanted to see del zotto traded. I hope he is here a lot of years.
hopefully he'll improve on the blue line and won't make crucial mistakes in three consecutive playoff matches.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
IF -- capital IF -- the ‪#Penguins‬ pursue Semin, it might not be until after they see what happens w/Doan, who's watching Phoenix saga.
https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/222801755036073985

Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
hopefully he'll improve on the blue line and won't make crucial mistakes in three consecutive playoff matches.
I give the guy a pass for his grandma passing during the series.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Yep, totally glossed over that.

But I reject that notion. If Nash were a free agent today, he would get more than that.

Heatley had a similar contract when the cap was a lot lower, so I don't see how one negates the other, here.
I dont think so. The only way he would, would be because of the hype around his name.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:59 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Nash would have no problem putting up 70 points playing with stars like gaborik, richards, and some pointmen who know how to move the puck.

I dont see Stepan ceiling going much higher then around 60-65 points, a player like him is much easier replaced then finding a legit first line power forward scorer.
So Nash will put up 70 points for 7.8 million dollars and Stepan can put up 50-60 points for $800,000. You don't see how that's a bad deal for us?

10 to possibly 20 more points per season for 7 million dollars seem worth it to you?

Would you give a 20 point player 7 million dollars a year for 6 years?

Old
07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
I dont think so. The only way he would, would be because of the hype around his name.
Of which there is considerably less than there was 3 or 4 years ago and of which there is considerably less than any of the three players I just mentioned.

Old
LordsCup*

Quote:
Really? This is news to me. For the past 5 years the organization has struggled to find good centers. Now were dealing our young center who has the upside to be a solid 2nd line center for years
Next year there are a bunch of UFA good centers. Not worried. Rangers more times then not get who they want. If they shoot for three they will land one.

Old
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:

Its not though. Its not that easy. And when you find someone to replace him, it's going to cost a lot of money.

Stepan is a valuable player, who will be producing while carrying a low cap hit. Thats invaluable. Not to mention, he's still developing.

Quote:
Next year there are a bunch of UFA good centers. Not worried. Rangers more times then not get who they want. If they shoot for three they will land one.
Once again, money is an issue, as well as the fact that you don't know whose going to be available next July. Those players could all sign extensions, and the ones left over demanding a lot of money.

I want Nash on the team, but you have to do it while keeping Stepan.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:03 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Staal boys played in a Thunder Bay alumni game yesterday. Taylor and Tom Pyatt also played in the game. Marc made his first public comments since the Jordan Staal trade.

Quote:
This leaves the second eldest, Marc, a defenceman with the New York Rangers, as the lonely outlier in the fertile hockey family.

But does that mean he’ll soon be on his way down south?

“I’m happy where I am,” he said with a laugh, but acknowledged that his brothers were presented with a special opportunity.

“You’re used to playing one of them at a time. It’ll be pretty cool to see them both out there and obviously it will be a bigger challenge for any team facing those two guys. They’re excited about it and it is pretty cool they get to play together.”
http://www.chroniclejournal.com/cont...staal-brothers

Old
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Not only will we not have cap space to sign one of those centers, but it's a pretty big risk that any of them will even be available.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Who? Getzlaf? Youre going off of what ifs. You dont know if all those players make it to free agency.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:04 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
depends on what you call major. we needed a top six forward WITH a healthy Gaborik and the addition of Krieder.

We're looking at starting the season with no Gaborik and Krieder coming in with "x" amount of games worth of NHL experience. Who does Ricards center? Don't say Hagelin! So now more of you can b*tch about how BR is overated and not worth the money he signed on for? what's the purpose of signing a #1 center in Richards with only one top 3 winger to center to anyway?

Burn away another year sitting on 1g leads or trailing in 1g games? Leaning on Lundqvist again to bail us out because we can barely score 2g a game? This is okay with so many here and i don't understand why? the 98'-04' seasons sure did a number on a lot of you.
Rangers' history goes back further than 1998 you should research why they won only one Cup in 72 years.

Your post sums up everything this organization has done wrong for over half a century.

So now its not about winning games, but winning them convingly?

I knew those 51 wins in 2012 would water down the quality of the fan base.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:05 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Its not though. Its not that easy. And when you find someone to replace him, it's going to cost a lot of money.

Stepan is a valuable player, who will be producing while carrying a low cap hit. Thats invaluable. Not to mention, he's still developing.

Once again, money is an issue, as well as the fact that you don't know whose going to be available next July. Those players could all sign extensions, and the ones left over demanding a lot of money.

I want Nash on the team, but you have to do it while keeping Stepan.
This and turcottes post x100000

Old
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I just want this to be over already.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Nash is not a better hockey player than Brad Richards, and I'd even say Gaborik is better too. Richards is much better and its not close though.
You're dead wrong there pal. Nash is definitely a better all around player than Richards or Gaborik who both are basically one dimensional players.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:07 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Two rentals there.
Yup. They also didn't have full NMC's for 6 years.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Man, read a post on the NYR Facebook page saying that Espn was reporting a deal had been struck this morning with Columbus. Had to wait all day to get back to here to see what was going on, and nothing is happening. Derp.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:09 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
I just want this to be over already.
This.

I feel like Abe Simpson right now.

JUST TRADE THE DAMN PLAYER!!!!

Old
07-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Raymones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jim Cerny chat

http://blueshirtsunited.com/live

The Rangers are looking at other options. Smaller deals. Big deals.
And I'm pretty damn sure of this:

IF Sather agrees to include Stepan in any trade he already worked out another deal for a centerman to fill his spot.

I understand those of you not wanting to move Stepan because you are sure he will turn out a to be a great hockeyplayer, or doesn't see Nash/Ryan as the right fit/value. However; I have a hard time understanding why so many are worried Sather would move him and put faith in Anisimov or Dubinsky to fill his spot. Everybody on here seem to agree that moving Stepan would create a hole at C. I'm confident Sather and his hockey expertise staff are aware of this as well.

If he decides Nash (or Ryan) is worth dealing Stepan for (I think it is fair value, btw), he already aquired a centerman to fill his spot. If not, there is no way he deals him.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
So Nash will put up 70 points for 7.8 million dollars and Stepan can put up 50-60 points for $800,000. You don't see how that's a bad deal for us?

10 to possibly 20 more points per season for 7 million dollars seem worth it to you?

Would you give a 20 point player 7 million dollars a year for 6 years?
This post. Take into account that Nash will continue to decline, and there will be no born again moment for him and starts scoring 50 goals.

Step will continue to grow, and we probably have a cost controlled 20-40 player for years to come.

Great post again, say no to Nash.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Yup. They also didn't have full NMC's for 6 years.
Exactly. More reason they're not comparable.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Who? Getzlaf? Youre going off of what ifs. You dont know if all those players make it to free agency.
I think he's talking about 2nd line centers.

Ribeiro
McDonald
Zajac
Roy
Koivu
Fisher
Antropov
Weiss

But do any of those names really strike you hard? Not for me.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymones View Post
And I'm pretty damn sure of this:

IF Sather agrees to include Stepan in any trade he already worked out another deal for a centerman to fill his spot.

I understand those of you not wanting to move Stepan because you are sure he will turn out a to be a great hockeyplayer, or doesn't see Nash/Ryan as the right fit/value. However; I have a hard time understanding why so many are worried Sather would move him and put faith in Anisimov or Dubinsky to fill his spot. Everybody on here seem to agree that moving Stepan would create a hole at C. I'm confident Sather and his hockey expertise staff are aware of this as well.

If he decides Nash (or Ryan) is worth dealing Stepan for (I think it is fair value, btw), he already aquired a centerman to fill his spot. If not, there is no way he deals him.
I don't have a problem moving Stepan value wise. But, in terms of organizational depth, its essentially suicide.

I can imagine, in this market, that acquiring a second line center men is probably almost just as hard as acquiring a Nash or a Ryan.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Exactly. More reason they're not comparable.
The point is that they all have negatives on their trade values. In Hossa's and Kovalchuk's cases, it was that they were rentals. In Heatley's case, it was his NTC and the publicity of his trade demand. In Nash's case, it's the size of his contract and his NMC. These negatives tend to balance out. So when you're talking about 3 players with better numbers and reputations on the ice versus what we currently see with Nash, he should be getting less than those players got.

Closed Thread