HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash continued - NYR BOS PHI PIT DET SJS

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Fastasaurus

vCash: 500
Nash for Thomas,Knight,Khoklachev,1st 2013,2nd 2014

Old
07-11-2012, 04:17 PM
jerseyjinx94

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizban View Post
Of course it matters. In fact that's all that matters. The fact that we're having the conversation is sufficient evidence that you're wrong.

I don't know how he meant it. There's no need to call him retarded until you know what he meant though.

Perhaps in his mind:
A - Ovechkin, Crosby
B - Gaborik, Thornton
C - Del Zotto
True, fair enough, I didn't call him retarded though. But then Nash would be a B player as well.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
jerseyjinx94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
Nash for Thomas,Knight,Khoklachev,1st 2013,2nd 2014
Better throw in Hamilton and Seguin to get Howson to entertain that offer.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
I heard on the Bruins board that Howson wants 2/3 of Lucic, Seguin, Hamilton. If that's true, byeeee. Don't call back.

You're not getting Seguin straight up, so just cross that name out.

I'd only take Lucic/Hamilton straight up for Nash. Not sure Chia wants to move an excellent D prospect we DESPERATELY need and the hometown favorite in Lucic, let alone both...
I wouldnt include any one of the 3.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
jerseyjinx94

I used to believe Howson and Sather were both doing what they should be doing, but after reading these posts, I am just frustrated with this entire situation and want it to go away. Leave our team full of "C" and "B" prospects alone, we'll go back to the ECF, and keep Nash. Enough already. I think both sides can at least agree that we are bored with this now.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
You must be kidding. As much fun as it is to say Howson wants the world, do we have anything concrete that says he expects that much?

Old
07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Knight and KoKo are both terrific prospects, but I agree, it's a bit weak. Krejci has to be involved. Value is somewhat close, though.

Thomas
Krejci
Knight, Caron, or Khoklachev
2013 1st

How about that? Moves Krejci, which creates somewhat of a hole, but can be fixed. Thomas is moved for Nash's cap hit.

Lucic-Seguin-Nash
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton

is the new top 6. Sexy.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Lol nuts to that. If Howson is that determined to get a haul, hopefully Nash will play for him and not sit out.

Old
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Sure, but the thing is not many of them consistently score 30 goals year after year. What makes Rick Nash is the consistency to hit that mark.
QFT

If there is one thing you know you will always get from Nash it is production. Consistency is a key.

Also can't belive people will take Ryan over Nash. Put Nash with Perry and Getz and see what happens. It would be Ryan who?

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Sure, but the thing is not many of them consistently score 30 goals year after year. What makes Rick Nash is the consistency to hit that mark.
but again judging by HIS proposal. 30 goal scorers are not worth Stepan (who put up 51 pts at 22 years old on an ELC contract), Del Zotto (a top 4 PMD who put up 41 pts), Jt Miller (a very highly rated prospect) and a 1st rd draft pick.

You want to say Stepan, Dubinsky and a draft pick is fair? Fine, I can agree with that. His proposal of step + mdz + miller? no way.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Knight and KoKo are both terrific prospects, but I agree, it's a bit weak. Krejci has to be involved.
If we include Krejci then I think it goes more like

Thomas,Krejci,Knight,Koko for Nash.

No more picks.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I'd do Nash for krejci, Caron/knight, 1st, Thomas. That's probably better than the rumoured rangers offer at the deadline. I'd hate losing Krejci, but I think it'd be worth it.

Of course, if Howson asks for Seguin+Lucic/Hamilton or something stupid, slam down that phone Chia. At some point Howson will have to get a reality check, that is if he isn't comfortable keeping an unsatisfied Nash around.

Last edited by Schalkenullvier*: 07-11-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: added knight option
Old
07-11-2012, 04:23 PM
fizban

Quote:
No Stepan no Kreider no Nash? Fine by me.

Keep him.

I'm tired of reading everyone bashing the Rangers players who are not Stepan, Kreider, or McDonagh. It's ignorant. Most of the people doing so have never seen any of them play. We've all seen Rick Nash play. We know he's good. He's not Evgeni Malkin. He's not top tier elite. He's 2nd tier, a goal scorer with nasty skills. I like him a lot as a player and would love him on the Rangers, but it's ridiculous to keep bashing Rangers players and wanting 3, 4 of our best assets for a 2nd tier elite talent being paid like a top tier elite talent.

Keep him. Trade him to Philly or Detroit. Let's start the season already, and see where Columbus ends up with him rather than Dubinsky, Anisimov, Miller, and a 1st. The same position they'd be in anyway.
I agree, actually. I think the asking price is too high.

That's why he's not a Ranger/Flyer/Wing/Shark/Penguin yet.

What I think is important to understand though, is that not one single player of yours is untouchable. I honestly think there's only 1 right now in the league (if there are any at all) and that's Crosby. What separates him from Malkin, Ovechkin and maybe some others that have been discussed? Marketing. North Americans are much easier to market than Euros. He sells more seats than his contract costs. Nobody they replace him with will be able to do that and every other team hates him enough that he'd turn off a segment of other teams' fanbases.

If a good enough deal is offered up, every player is in play.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
fizban

Quote:
True, fair enough, I didn't call him retarded though. But then Nash would be a B player as well.
Agreed. I don't see that as conflicting with the overall point though.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
I'd do Nash for krejci, Caron, 1st, Thomas. That's probably better than the rumoured rangers offer at the deadline. I'd hate losing Krejci, but I think it'd be worth it.

Of course, if Howson asks for Seguin+Lucic/Hamilton or something stupid, slam down that phone Chia. At some point Howson will have to get a reality check, that is if he isn't comfortable keeping an unsatisfied Nash around.
If Howson will take that I accept.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:26 PM
candyman82

Quote:
If Howson will take that I accept.
I think he would try to get Spooner instead of Caron

Old
07-11-2012, 04:29 PM
hollywood99

Quote:
Agreed. I don't see that as conflicting with the overall point though.
Step away for 15 minutes and all of a sudden I take the short bus... awesome haha.

Well let me clarify. Del Zotto is a B level player, yes. And the fact he's #4 on the Rangers depth chart does matter. That's 3 players right there who are rated higer. And if you look at the other 29 teams in the NHL I bet Del Zotto would be a #3 on most and a #2 on a few. Since i ride the short bus I'll just guess instead of doing real math and assume that for his OVERALL game, Del Zotto is ranked somewhere between 40-50 for NHL d-men.

So ya to me that's a B player.

And I don't remember who but someone mentioned he outscored Lidstrom and that should make him more than a B player. The fact that you'd even hold those two in the same breath is ridiculous. There's not a man alive that would take the few extra points MDZ put up over Lidstrom. I know you didn't say that, but don't even bother to compare then.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
If that's the holdup, I think that's be negotiable... meeting somewhere in the middle like knight.

I think this is an offer that most bruins fans would be comfortable with, and CBJ fans don't seem to hate it... looking at it I must ask, how has this thread gone so many parts?

Old
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
I dont wanna be that guy whose all like "i dont wanna give him up" but I dont wanna give him up. How aboot knight instead?

Old
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
If that's the holdup, I think that's be negotiable... meeting somewhere in the middle like knight.

I think this is an offer that most bruins fans would be comfortable with, and CBJ fans don't seem to hate it... looking at it I must ask, how has this thread gone so many parts?
I'd take any of the 3, to be honest. Good value for us.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
I agree, actually. I think the asking price is too high.

That's why he's not a Ranger/Flyer/Wing/Shark/Penguin yet.

What I think is important to understand though, is that not one single player of yours is untouchable. I honestly think there's only 1 right now in the league (if there are any at all) and that's Crosby. What separates him from Malkin, Ovechkin and maybe some others that have been discussed? Marketing. North Americans are much easier to market than Euros. He sells more seats than his contract costs. Nobody they replace him with will be able to do that and every other team hates him enough that he'd turn off a segment of other teams' fanbases.

If a good enough deal is offered up, every player is in play.
I hate the "untouchable" argument (and never claimed stepan was) they might be "untouchable" for certain players (example nash?). The Rangers have an untouchable though, his name is Henrik Lundqvist.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:32 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
This. I still don't think Nash ends up on the Rags. He'll be a Bruin or Flyer

Old
07-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

because the reported asking price is 2 of those 3 you don't want to give up.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
This. I still don't think Nash ends up on the Rags. He'll be a Bruin or Flyer
and the Flyers will still lose games 10-9 instead of 5-4. Flyers need DEFENSE, I have no clue why they are "in" on Nash.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:36 PM
candyman82

Quote:
I dont wanna be that guy whose all like "i dont wanna give him up" but I dont wanna give him up. How aboot knight instead?
I think that would be a fair. I would probably try to get a third rounder out of it, but that wouldn't be a deal-killer by any stretch of the imagination.

Closed Thread