HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash continued - NYR BOS PHI PIT DET SJS

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 05:37 PM
candyman82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
and the Flyers will still lose games 10-9 instead of 5-4. Flyers need DEFENSE, I have no clue why they are "in" on Nash.
Flip another forward like Voracek for a defenseman?

Old
07-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
I think that would be a fair. I would probably try to get a third rounder out of it, but that wouldn't be a deal-killer by any stretch of the imagination.
You sir have a deal, also you have been a pleasure to deal with. I demand you replace Howson as gm.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
Nash for Thomas,Knight,Khoklachev,1st 2013,2nd 2014
Tim Thomas is such a useless asset. He's not playing this year. Do you really think, he'll consider coming back to play for Columbus?

Old
07-11-2012, 05:42 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
You sir have a deal, also you have been a pleasure to deal with. I demand you replace Howson as gm.
Awesome! Second official act, Boomer is coming back!

Old
07-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
because the reported asking price is 2 of those 3 you don't want to give up.
yeah but I was strictly talking about "HF negotiations", not what Howson is reportedly asking. CBJ fans seem quite reasonable, so I wonder where the explosive is coming from that keeps this threa going.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:43 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Tim Thomas is such a useless asset. He's not playing this year. Do you really think, he'll consider coming back to play for Columbus?
Have you heard of our governor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kasich

Thomas' wet dream

Old
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
he's not an asset that would hurt CBJ either. If they were willing to take him, maybe the B's would give spooner instead of caron or so.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
No but it makes the cap work and since Columbus doesnt have to pay him a penny i dont think its an issue.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
he's not an asset that would hurt CBJ either. If they were willing to take him, maybe the B's would give spooner instead of caron or so.
I'd feel he shouldn't be a main piece, considering his age, and the fact he's unsure of playing.

Quote:
Have you heard of our governor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kasich

Thomas' wet dream
I'm not doubting him ever wanting to live in a place like Columbus, but playing for the Blue Jackets he has absolutely nothing to prove there. Why return to go there when he couldve just stayed in Boston?

Old
07-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
I'd feel he shouldn't be a main piece, considering his age, and the fact he's unsure of playing.

I'm not doubting him ever wanting to live in a place like Columbus, but playing for the Blue Jackets he has absolutely nothing to prove there. Why return to go there when he couldve just stayed in Boston?
Ok so you dont want him as the main piece.

Nash for Krejci,Knight,1st,3rd and Thomas.

Did I miss anything?

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
yeah but I was strictly talking about "HF negotiations", not what Howson is reportedly asking. CBJ fans seem quite reasonable, so I wonder where the explosive is coming from that keeps this threa going.
some are reasonble, some Ranger fans are reasonable. The majority either expect too much (Columbus) or too little (Rangers). Neither team seems content with a hockey trade, more an overpayment or a steal.

Old
ROZY67
RIP RYP

If I'm Boston there is no way in hell I go straight up Lucic for Nash,
Lucic is younger, stronger and has more upside than Nash, IMHO.

Nash has got his big dollar contract until 2018 and is now demanding a trade, but with his NTMC has the Jackets only being able to deal with a handful of teams, don't get me wrong Columbus is getting what they deserve for giving him the clause but c'mon Ricky you want out then open up the gate to all 29 teams.

Not this I want out but I will only play here, here and here BS.
Bear down Ricky keep up your end of the contract shut your pie hole and play hockey for 7.8 mill a yr., oh but Scotty you promised me this player and that player but I will only tie up 7.8 a yr. against the cap now get me some star players to play with or i'll take my ball and go home.
Howson you gotta get your head outta your @** and move the player and quit asking for half of another clubs players.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROZY67 View Post

Nash has got his big dollar contract until 2018 and is now demanding a trade, but with his NTMC has the Jackets only being able to deal with a handful of teams, don't get me wrong Columbus is getting what they deserve for giving him the clause but c'mon Ricky you want out then open up the gate to all 29 teams.

Bear down Ricky keep up your end of the contract shut your pie hole and play hockey for 7.8 mill a yr., oh but Scotty you promised me this player and that player but I will only tie up 7.8 a yr. against the cap now get me some star players to play with or i'll take my ball and go home.
Howson you gotta get your head outta your @** and move the player and quit asking for half of another clubs players.
lucic certainly doesnt have more upside that nash. He'll never score 40 goals.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM
candyman82

Quote:

Thank you for adding nothing to the discussion.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:55 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
I don't think anyone credible is saying that Howson wants Seguin and Hamilton for Nash. He should know by now Boston isn't getting rid of Lucic. Knowing that fool Howson, if he hasn't inquired about Krejci, because he feels that he has a very formidable center core in Brassard, Johansen and Letestu.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

People....uhhh....realize that including Thomas in any deal lowers the rest of the value of the deal right?

That's something they acknowledge right?

Old
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

Quote:

Ummmm what!?

Old
07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
ROZY67
RIP RYP

Quote:
lucic certainly doesnt have more upside that nash. He'll never score 40 goals.
Your opinion buddy, your welcome to it, I'll agree to disagree.
I guess you have Nash pencilled in for 40+ the next 6 yrs. wherever he goes......mmmmmmmm NOT.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
ROZY67
RIP RYP

Quote:
Thank you for adding nothing to the discussion.
I guess I was taking the long way about saying that Howson has to be realistic with his asking price and Nash has got to have a little more give as to where he is going if he wants out so bad.

Just sayin'

Old
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
People....uhhh....realize that including Thomas in any deal lowers the rest of the value of the deal right?

yeah, but to a non-cap team like CBJ its not all that significant

Quote:
Your opinion buddy, your welcome to it, I'll agree to disagree.
I guess you have Nash pencilled in for 40+ the next 6 yrs. wherever he goes......mmmmmmmm NOT.
Nope. I think in the next 5 he will get 40 once or twice, and the fact of the matter is he already has 2 40 goal seasons. Lucic will be hard pressed to score 30 twice in the next 5 seasons.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:

We don't have the space for Nash without Thomas' cap hit.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:03 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
yeah, but to a non-cap team like CBJ its not all that significant

Nope. I think in the next 5 he will get 40 once or twice, and the fact of the matter is he already has 2 40 goal seasons. Lucic will be hard pressed to score 30 twice in the next 5 seasons.
Columbus was damn close to a cap team last year.

Also, significant or not, it still is negative value in the trade.

"Oh we're trading you our best player? Well can we take your 5 million dead cap hit? Thanks"-A conversation SCott Howson is never going to have with anyone.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
We don't have the space for Nash without Thomas' cap hit.
And that is Columbus' problem how?

Also, assuming Krejci is one of the parts of the deal, and Savard is put on LTIR the Bruins have the room.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:08 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizban View Post
I agree, actually. I think the asking price is too high.

That's why he's not a Ranger/Flyer/Wing/Shark/Penguin yet.

What I think is important to understand though, is that not one single player of yours is untouchable. I honestly think there's only 1 right now in the league (if there are any at all) and that's Crosby. What separates him from Malkin, Ovechkin and maybe some others that have been discussed? Marketing. North Americans are much easier to market than Euros. He sells more seats than his contract costs. Nobody they replace him with will be able to do that and every other team hates him enough that he'd turn off a segment of other teams' fanbases.

If a good enough deal is offered up, every player is in play.
I hate the "untouchable" argument (and never claimed stepan was) they might be "untouchable" for certain players (example nash?). The Rangers have an untouchable though, his name is Henrik Lundqvist.
I agree with fizban here. The only player that is untouchable would be Crosby. I understand that the value of Lundqvist is extremely high and like Lundqvist is untouchable to the Rags, Fleury, Malkin, Neal, Letang are untouchable to the Pens. However, the true untouchable player in this league has got to be Crosby. Fizban explained it very well.

If, in a hypothetical world, you were offered Crosby for Lundqvist, you would take it. As you can see, every star player is untouchable to their respective teams however when it comes to the league as a whole, only Crosby can be considered untouchable.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Columbus was damn close to a cap team last year.

Also, significant or not, it still is negative value in the trade.

"Oh we're trading you our best player? Well can we take your 5 million dead cap hit? Thanks"-A conversation SCott Howson is never going to have with anyone.
dude it's not like bruins fans are low-balling here. I know as a habs fan it's your holy honour to troll bruins fans, but don't you think it'd be worth it for columbus to take on that dead cap for an upgrade in the return for nash? Think of it like a trade:

To Columbus:
Upgrade in Nash-return
To Boston
cap-relief

So to summarise: CbJ gets: Upgrade, CBJ gives up: rien.

doesnt seem that bad to me.

Closed Thread