HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan to Pittsburgh

Old
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan to Pittsburgh

Hey guys, I know this is something that has been talked about a lot in the past and almost all Pittsburgh and Ducks fans, I assume, hate this topic. I do as well considering the history of it.

However, I wanted to bring it back up and sincerely discuss what would be needed to bring someone of Ryan caliber to Pittsburgh. And, please don't turn this into an argument over if Ryan is good or not. He's an excellent, top-notch player that very fan, every team would love to have.

Having said that, what would be needed to bring him over? We lost probably the biggest asset to bring him in Staal however we have a choke full of defensive prospects.

Would a trade around this work?

Joe Morrow
Derrick Pouliot
Chris Kunitz

Bobby Ryan
Emerson Etem

I am not even sure if its fair trade value wise but let me know. No flaming, please!

P.S.: It's not titled as a "Proposal" because I have simply chosen to give a sample trade but I wanted to mainly have discussions on what would be needed to bring him over and not discussions about why my proposal sucks so bad.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:30 PM
HockeyShack

vCash: 135
How about

Bobby Ryan
Etem

for

Malkin ?

HockeyShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
ROCKSOLID
Rookie User

Im not fan of either but bobby ryan is worth more plus duck would want a top roster player in return

ROCKSOLID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyShack View Post
How about

Bobby Ryan
Etem

for

Malkin ?

Was my proposal that bad to warrant this? I didn't think so...

Old
Lundsanity30

They need a numb 2 center. All u got is Sid or crosby lol

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wej20

We had this thread a few days ago, it was decided that the Pens don't have the pieces to get Ryan and adding Etem just makes it even more unlikely.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Ducks fans have made it painfully clear that they expect a scoring line center (or blue-chip center prospect) for Ryan. Whether they get it or not in the end, any proposal not including one will be swiftly rejected.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:32 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
We had this thread a few days ago, it was decided that the Pens don't have the pieces to get Ryan and adding Etem just makes it even more unlikely.
I thought they were lacking D and top prospects would help the franchise, no?

Old
07-11-2012, 07:33 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Morrow and Etem cancel each other out in value and should probably be left off seeing how generally high both fanbases are on them respectively.

So you are offering Kunitz+Pouliot for Ryan, which seems off and I don't know whether it is very far off, but I know for sure you are going to get told, it is not what they want. Which is young forwards, specifically a second line center.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HooliganX2

That package does not get Bobby Ryan better yet Etem added to it. As was already said this was already talked about and Pitt just simply does not have the movable assets to make a deal possible.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Pens have plenty have assets required to pry away Ryan but the question is, are they willing to part with the assets to get him here? I think not.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Dirk316

Nothing of interest

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:35 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Alright, I understand that both fan bases love Morrow and Etem. If we left them off, would a deal around Pouliot + Kunitz be fair for Ryan, Ducks fans?

Old
07-11-2012, 07:37 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Pens have plenty have assets required to pry away Ryan but the question is, are they willing to part with the assets to get him here? I think not.
The Ducks are looking for a legit young #2 center ie someone that can score 20-30 goals put up 50 plus points consistently. The Pens do not have one. They have two #1 centers that will not be moved and a great 3rd line center in Sutter.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Azkals

I'm a Pens fan and this is highway robbery. Those three players for Bobby Ryan alone probably wouldn't get it done. Plus the Ducks need a 2nd line center so this trade won't help.

Azkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:39 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
The Ducks are looking for a legit young #2 center plus more ie someone that can score 20-30 goals put up 50 plus points consistently. The Pens do not have one. They have two #1 centers that will not be moved and a great 3rd line center in Sutter.
Do you mean a prospect with that upside or do you actually mean they basically want a cheaper Bobby Ryan + a 2LC for Bobby Ryan?

Old
07-11-2012, 07:40 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
They need a numb 2 center. All u got is Sid or crosby lol
If we have to give up Sid OR Crosby, its a no go.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:41 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
If we have to give up Sid OR Crosby, its a no go.
Also neither of them is numb.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:42 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Do you mean a prospect with that upside or do you actually mean they basically want a cheaper Bobby Ryan + a 2LC for Bobby Ryan?
I actually edited the post as the way I put it was confusing they want a #2 center capable of 20-30 goals and can put up 50 plus points and something else added in. Staal like player is pretty much what they would want who was traded away.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:44 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
I actually edited the post as the way I put it was confusing they want a #2 center capable of 20-30 goals and can put up 50 plus points and something else added in.
I see where you are coming from especially since Staal for Ryan was such a big trade option before Staal got traded but I thought you guys had a need for defense as well especially since you have top notch offensive prospects?

Old
07-11-2012, 07:44 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
I actually edited the post as the way I put it was confusing they want a #2 center capable of 20-30 goals and can put up 50 plus points and something else added in.
Oops. You apparently even did it before I quoted it too. *headdesk* Sorry, this way it makes sense.

Edit: Now I am just confused. Anyway. Yes, that's fair.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Pens don't have the assets needed to get Ryan. I'm sorry but this is getting TO bad

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
I see where you are coming from especially since Staal for Ryan was such a big trade option before Staal got traded but I thought you guys had a need for defense as well especially since you have top notch offensive prospects?
The Ducks have Lindholm, Vatanen and Clark as defensive prospects and just signed Allen and Souray as a (hopeful) bridge. If Ryan is subtracted they need players who will impact and strengthen the team NOW -a 2C is the main piece needed. They aren't going to spend the best trading chip and not improve the main weakness of center.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Carlzner

Holy cow that's not even close.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Originally (pre-draft) we were looking for a 2C, Top 4D and pick/prospect for Ryan if we had to move him and someone was willing to meet Murray's price.

We drafted Lindholm at #6, and combined with Vatanen, Clark and Welinski, we are doing well with young d prospects. Vatanen will compete for a roster spot this year and join with Fowler and Sbisa. In free agency we signed Bryan Allen and Sheldon Souray to 3 yr contracts. Along with Beachemin and Lydman, so now our blue line looks stable (good, average or bad we shall see) with a good blend of veterans and youth heading into training camp.

I'd guess that if we had to move Bobby Ryan today, we would still be looking for a 2C along with a young Top 6 winger and a pick/prospect. Goal is to be salary neutral if possible, depending on the 2C. We're not interested in players one year from UFA or over 30 considering Ryan is 25 and signed for 3 more years.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote