HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the LIIgue

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 07:20 PM
MS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Hard to believe its just because of injuries? The guy played the first many years with playing most games in the season and only really had one year, this previous one where he had injury problems, that makes him that unwanted and worth 600k at 26 and his size and scoring ability?

Phoenix gave up on him pretty quickly

As did New York. Though I can understand a little more why New York did considering his not that great play before he got traded to them in combination with his play there but still

I rather have him as a spare part than Raymond, atleast one is capable of being a high producing player when hes on his game. and not just a scoring 3rd line winger, mason will never be stronger or have a better shot
Raymond can skate and play defense and chew up 3rd line minutes.

Wolski is a sack of crap. He's lazy, soft as butter, poor defensively, total perimeter player. There's a reason his last 100 NHL games in a bit over 2 years have been with 4 different teams. And injuries have zero to do with it.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:28 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Hard to believe its just because of injuries? The guy played the first many years with playing most games in the season and only really had one year, this previous one where he had injury problems, that makes him that unwanted and worth 600k at 26 and his size and scoring ability?

Phoenix gave up on him pretty quickly

As did New York. Though I can understand a little more why New York did considering his not that great play before he got traded to them in combination with his play there but still

I rather have him as a spare part than Raymond, atleast one is capable of being a high producing player when hes on his game. and not just a scoring 3rd line winger, mason will never be stronger or have a better shot
Wolski is the softest mother****er currently in the NHL and doesn't play defense. There's a pretty damn good reason teams are allergic to him. Who cares if he drops 40-50 points if he's 100% useless for anything else? He's costing the team more goals than he produces.

Old
07-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Raymond can skate and play defense and chew up 3rd line minutes.

Wolski is a sack of crap. He's lazy, soft as butter, poor defensively, total perimeter player. There's a reason his last 100 NHL games in a bit over 2 years have been with 4 different teams. And injuries have zero to do with it.
While im not arguing who is the better player per se but when it comes to who i'd prefer as a spare part, it's not the 2.2 million dollar salary. It would definitely be the 600k player with MAJOR offensive upside.

Oh can he chew up 3rd line minutes, so can our third line. lol

Everybody has flaws, winning teams aren't always free of a single perimeter player. If their ability to put up points outweighs their lack of being a strong defensive player, it's not relaly a worry, hes somebody that is capable of being a point per game player on the right line and team. I think on a stacked canuck team with good defensive linemates, he could be a + player no problem while still putting up a point a game.

Wolski has played for a young colorado team, phoenix and florida. On a good new york team, he was a +12. and when he was with the avs and i watched him, he was definitely the reason for more goals than against

Anyway, hes a risk, i know that, thats why i dont really care that he went to another team

but to say raymond is a much better option and wolski is useless without any doubt is absurd

We're talking about him as a spare part, not a big part of the team. With major upside where he could potentially play a big part. hardly a risk. raymond sat in the press box alot of games last year, im sorry but give me a break

You know what, im going to make the prediction that Wolski puts up .75 pts a game or so and ends up earning a nice contract worth as much as raymond , while raymond shows why he got a paycut which you dont see often. lol

People said the same thing about Grabner, can't play d, blah balh, not defensive or well rounded enough to be on our team, you know what, we could have used his goal scoring a ton of times while ballard was doing **** all for this team. Sometimes its good to have talented players instead of minute eaters as spare parts. especially on smaller contracts

Last edited by Pseudonymous: 07-11-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old
07-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Wolski is the softest mother****er currently in the NHL and doesn't play defense. There's a pretty damn good reason teams are allergic to him. Who cares if he drops 40-50 points if he's 100% useless for anything else? He's costing the team more goals than he produces.
Read my other post i just wrote, its a response to yours also. Oh and also, i think hes capable of much more than 40-50 pts in a full season. Especially on a team that is back to back presidents cup winners

Old
07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
MS

Quote:
While im not arguing who is the better player per se but when it comes to who i'd prefer as a spare part, it's not the 2.2 million dollar salary. It would definitely be the 600k player with MAJOR offensive upside.

Oh can he chew up 3rd line minutes, so can our third line. lol

Everybody has flaws, winning teams aren't always free of a single perimeter player. If their ability to put up points outweighs their lack of being a strong defensive player, it's not relaly a worry, hes somebody that is capable of being a point per game player on the right line and team. I think on a stacked canuck team with good defensive linemates, he could be a + player no problem while still putting up a point a game.

Wolski has played for a young colorado team, phoenix and florida. On a good new york team, he was a +12. and when he was with the avs and i watched him, he was definitely the reason for more goals than against

Anyway, hes a risk, i know that, thats why i dont really care that he went to another team

but to say raymond is a much better option and wolski is useless without any doubt is absurd

We're talking about him as a spare part, not a big part of the team. With major upside where he could potentially play a big part. hardly a risk. raymond sat in the press box alot of games last year, im sorry but give me a break

You know what, im going to make the prediction that Wolski puts up .75 pts a game or so and ends up earning a nice contract worth as much as raymond , while raymond shows why he got a paycut which you dont see often. lol

People said the same thing about Grabner, can't play d, blah balh, not defensive or well rounded enough to be on our team, you know what, we could have used his goal scoring a ton of times while ballard was doing **** all for this team. Sometimes its good to have talented players instead of minute eaters as spare parts. especially on smaller contracts
Only problem with this is that Wolski doesn't actually produce anything. Has had one decent outlier season in his career. Generally has been out-produced by Raymond in similar minutes.

Wolski is crap. Again, there's a reason he's bouncing around the league and getting a contract like this.

He's a liability defensively who can't play anywhere other than a 2nd line wing position, and has underproduced for that role in 4 of the last 5 seasons, while being crap in his own end. In other words, a total liability for his team.

Raymond is a superior player by so much it isn't even funny.

Old
07-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Only problem with this is that Wolski doesn't actually produce anything. Has had one decent outlier season in his career. Generally has been out-produced by Raymond in similar minutes.

Wolski is crap. Again, there's a reason he's bouncing around the league and getting a contract like this.

He's a liability defensively who can't play anywhere other than a 2nd line wing position, and has underproduced for that role in 4 of the last 5 seasons, while being crap in his own end. In other words, a total liability for his team.

Raymond is a superior player by so much it isn't even funny.
Well lets come back to these posts in a year or two Raymond will be off this team and we probably didnt get anything for him, unless traded early in a package with somebody worth something. And i predict Wolski will be putting up .75+ pts a game and we'll be looking to add a player but wolski is no longer available and his stock is back up. Only time will tell

(ignoring the fact that raymond is currently being paid 4x as much)

Old
07-11-2012, 08:35 PM
HANSENISBEST

Also, Mueller to the Panthers for 1.75M. Could be a good deal if Mueller can overcome his PCS

Old
07-11-2012, 09:36 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANSENISBEST View Post
Also, Mueller to the Panthers for 1.75M. Could be a good deal if Mueller can overcome his PCS
Not even terrible as the Panthers wouldn't have to LTIR him for space which would help them reach the cap floor, too.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:42 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 2178
I wanted Mueller.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:42 PM
KISSland

Panthers need wingers. Panthers need to hit the cap floor. Win-Win.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:01 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Read my other post i just wrote, its a response to yours also. Oh and also, i think hes capable of much more than 40-50 pts in a full season. Especially on a team that is back to back presidents cup winners
If he can't play defense then AV would either have him play few, sheltered minutes or scratch him early on. Plus, if the Canucks were also interested Wolski would get more than 600K.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

He should've signed with New York so he could be closer to Tim Tebow.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:59 AM
wahoyaho

Bobby Ryan getting moved soon?

Old
07-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Proto

Why didn't Florida sign Mueller for 4 years and 4.5 per. Isn't that their boiler-plate contract they hand out?

Old
07-12-2012, 09:45 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Bobby Ryan getting moved soon?
Haven't seen any reports to suggest anything imminent. Is something going on?

Old
07-12-2012, 12:13 PM
kootenayfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
I wanted Mueller.
This could be a move by Tallon to send Mueller our way if a Luongo deal goes down with Florida.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:24 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Or just your plain old reclamation project. Mueller is a solid playmaking winger when healthy, but he hasn't been that way for most of his career.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenayfan View Post
This could be a move by Tallon to send Mueller our way if a Luongo deal goes down with Florida.
Would be true if Tallon's brain worked like NHL 12 AI.

Actually, even NHL 12 discourages trading recently signed UFAs.

There goes Tallon's GM rep.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 0
http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocent...183311&lang=en

He's back for another year.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
07-12-2012, 02:23 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
lol @ the video, well done and good for him too

Old
07-12-2012, 07:39 PM
jimmythescot

Remember when Keith Tkachuk said something in an off season Hockey News interview about how he carries a lot of lumber on the ice, and if an opponent got too close he'd give him a taste of it? Words to that effect anyway. And his first slash of the year he was given a 5 minute major (+more?)

Can't help but wonder if Janssen's comments about catching someone with their head down will land him in trouble later. I won't mention the rest of the interview, but hopefully he gets in trouble of that too.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:31 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenayfan View Post
I'm going to have to take one of your blackberries away now.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:20 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Would be true if Tallon's brain worked like NHL 12 AI.

Actually, even NHL 12 discourages trading recently signed UFAs.

There goes Tallon's GM rep.
And no other UFA will want to sign with your team. Except when September comes around, then suddenly everyone thinks you turned a new leaf.

Old
07-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I'm going to have to take one of your blackberries away now.
He then proceeds to make a one for one deal and sign a UFA rated over 90.

Congratulations! Your GM rep has increased. You now have another phone to work with.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:57 PM
ddawg1950

Dreger and Mirtle both tweeting Kyle Wellwood re-signs with Jets.

Closed Thread