HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Franson To Wings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2012, 01:25 PM
  #26
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,101
vCash: 500
We don't need Franson or bottom pairing dmen, we have tons of those, need a top 3 though.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:32 PM
  #27
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
If Leafs can get Pulkinnen and Emmerton for Fanson and a 6th,just imagine what Detroit could get for Kindl. Kindl has a lot of untapped potential and will be a solid top 4 defender that will QB the PP.
Kindl isn't more valuable than Franson.

QMJHLfollower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:42 PM
  #28
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
If Leafs can get Pulkinnen and Emmerton for Fanson and a 6th,just imagine what Detroit could get for Kindl. Kindl has a lot of untapped potential and will be a solid top 4 defender that will QB the PP.
Yeah, good luck with that...

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:46 PM
  #29
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Kindl isn't more valuable than Franson.
I think once Red Wings 'unleash' Kindl, we'll see what he is really capable of. He was a stud when he played top 4 last season when Lidstrom and White were out with injuries. Kindl looked amazing.

Of course that was a small sample size, I don't think he played in the top 4 for much more than a month.

I don't understand why Kenny Holland isn't playing Smith and Kindl, both are ready to log some NHL minutes. Seems he did the same thing with Ericsson. I remember an interview from Babcock questioning why these guys are not in the NHL right now because they are ready.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
  #30
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!
 
Tyler Biggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,150
vCash: 500
Leafs are looking to upgrade their roster now, and Pulkkinen won't be able to help us for a while. I do like his potential though, projects to be a 1st or 2nd line sniper (might never reach his potential), but Franson can help us now, either as a bottom pairing or top 4 defenceman.

I would rather move Franson to upgrade our roster now.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 05:11 PM
  #31
ZetterBurger
Registered User
 
ZetterBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
Leafs are looking to upgrade their roster now, and Pulkkinen won't be able to help us for a while. I do like his potential though, projects to be a 1st or 2nd line sniper (might never reach his potential), but Franson can help us now, either as a bottom pairing or top 4 defenceman.

I would rather move Franson to upgrade our roster now.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but just out of curiosity would you rather Burke make even more moves to win now or would you rather he builds the team patiently and takes 2-3 more years to build a solid, deep team? For the record this question really has nothing to do with this trade.

Personally I think the rush that the Leafs seemed to be in to make the playoffs cost them dearly. They could probably be a playoff team right now had they been a little smarter and more patient.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 05:17 PM
  #32
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!
 
Tyler Biggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but just out of curiosity would you rather Burke make even more moves to win now or would you rather he builds the team patiently and takes 2-3 more years to build a solid, deep team? For the record this question really has nothing to do with this trade.

Personally I think the rush that the Leafs seemed to be in to make the playoffs cost them dearly. They could probably be a playoff team right now had they been a little smarter and more patient.
I would rather Burke builds the team patiently, not a full rebuild. I don't want to see him trading away young guys like Franson and Kulemin though for picks and prospects. I want to see him improve the lineup, but not at the expenses of selling away our future. Draft well, develop our players, sign some free agents as stops gaps to allow our young players to develop.

I don't want to see us trade away proven talent for picks and prospects, because that weakens our lineup, but I also don't want to see us trade away the future for proven talent right now, unless we win the deal both now and in the future.

Stick with what we got, draft, sign players, develop our players, and if we can do any steal trades like Beauchemin for Lupul, Gardiner or Lebda & Slaney for Franson and Lombardi, then great.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 05:49 PM
  #33
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Personally , I can't see Franson being moved since the Schenn trade. He's not as expandable as last season. He's a players that deserves to play 82 games and they now have the room for him as a 5 or 6 D. He will have a good season in TO

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 06:50 PM
  #34
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Pulks is pretty much top 6 or bust. Doesn't have the speed or size to be effective in the bottom 6.
From the Leafs perspective I wouldn't do it. Having said that, it's a completely fair deal straight up. I just don't care for Pulkinen very much. I don't like his foot speed at all, and coming to the smaller rink might not fit his game. But hey, Luc Robitaille is a hall of Famer, so what do I know.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 06:55 PM
  #35
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
We don't need Franson or bottom pairing dmen, we have tons of those, need a top 3 though.
The Wings really don't have a choice. They're going to have to take a couple chances on guys like Franson and Cam Barker types. Guys who are struggling to live up to expectations. I still like Franson long term with the Leafs. Too many teams give up on guys who the game hasn't slowed down for yet.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:12 PM
  #36
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,021
vCash: 500
Am I the only one that realizes that the Leafs can't afford to trade an NHL defenceman without getting one back?

Yes, they signed Korbinian Holzer to a 1-way deal, but that's to be the #7 defenceman. They just lost Luke Schenn, have Jake Gardiner who could quite easily suffer a sophmore slump, have Komisarek who's struggled his entire time as a Leaf, and Liles who didn't look great after returning from a concussion.

I'm not saying that trading Franson should be out of consideration... but if they do, they've gotta have a defenceman who can play at least 4/5 minutes coming back the other way (or in another deal).

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:28 PM
  #37
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Am I the only one that realizes that the Leafs can't afford to trade an NHL defenceman without getting one back?

Yes, they signed Korbinian Holzer to a 1-way deal, but that's to be the #7 defenceman. They just lost Luke Schenn, have Jake Gardiner who could quite easily suffer a sophmore slump, have Komisarek who's struggled his entire time as a Leaf, and Liles who didn't look great after returning from a concussion.

I'm not saying that trading Franson should be out of consideration... but if they do, they've gotta have a defenceman who can play at least 4/5 minutes coming back the other way (or in another deal).
There are a few posters including myself who also realize the Leafs can`t just trade Franson without another dman entering the picture.

The organization losing both Schenn and Aulie within a 6 month period has suddenly made us rather weak at NHL ready level dmen.

As early as January but probably more like the start of 2013 season we could be deep again and afford to trade off Franson because at least one of Blacker, Percy, Rielly should be NHL ready.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:31 PM
  #38
LMFAO
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,327
vCash: 500
We'll take Abdelkader

LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.