HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy (Part X) - "I'm Doan waiting around for Nash" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Free Agent Frenzy (Part X) - "I'm Doan waiting around for Nash" Edition

Continue.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Excellent thread name ^^^

07-11-2012, 09:35 PM
ltrangerfan

Why is no one being added? The asking prices for the FA are too high and Ranger mgt is really unsure what kind of team they have. The safe route, wait until there is more visibility. Maybe a move will occur at the deadline but it's all predicated on the teams performance going forward. Any moves made in the future will not come cheaper. Anyone looking at next years free agents and believes a better deal will surface is kidding themselves. The Rangers will need to pay up both with dollars and prospects if the team is indeed short. I believe managements number 1 goal in the next year is to evaluate the teams "holes" rather than give it their best shot at winning the cup. Winning would be great but the goal is still to build a team to win over the next number of years. As fans, those who want to win next year are willing to pay a price higher than the mgt seems willing to go at this moment. If a deal falls in place that cannot be turned down Sather will pull the trigger. Otherwise, it appears that in this off season he's willing to play the hand he was dealt.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:35 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Fun off season huh?

Old
07-11-2012, 09:37 PM
LordsCup*

Recycled title line booooo

Like i said in other thread, great 1 yr contract to Mueller by FLA. Good low risk, high reward.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:38 PM
ck20

What exactly does Washington plan to do with Wolski, have him actually play or..

Old
07-11-2012, 09:39 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Excellent thread name ^^^
Or is Doan stoning the Rangers?

Old
07-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Did anyone here the news that Toronto is going to try to put JVR as a first line center?!

Old
07-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Missed the boat on Mueller.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:44 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
What exactly does Washington plan to do with Wolski, have him actually play or..
Wolski doesn't actually do much of anything, not sure what the plan would be, unless it's the standard "maybe he won't stink" strategy. Loser's game.
When he left the Rangers, he tweeted something. A whole bunch of people on this board fell all over themselves talking about how 'classy' he was for not saying anything bad about his time with NYR.
The reason he did not get upset was that he really could not possibly be upset, he is not passionate about winning hockey games. It's not in him to get all upset. It's loosey-goosey, whatever comes next is fine, just ride the wave.
That is so plain to see.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:45 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Did anyone here the news that Toronto is going to try to put JVR as a first line center?!
Hes got first line potential. Dont really see whats wrong with that. If anything this will have JVR really focused this offseason to improve his game.

JVR is going to be a star for them if he can stay healthy.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Missed the boat on Mueller.

FLA is a good team for him to try and come back. with the Rangers current lineup not sure how he fit on the 3rd line. Dubinsky ,Hagelin, Anisimov................Still waiting for a trade for a first line LW

Old
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Failed logic? Listen to yourself buddy.

I don't care if you think te WC is important or not. Fact or the matter is their is success. And I like how you dismiss his Olympic points and only say his goals to make your argument sound better.

Richards didn't have chemistry with Gabs for 3/4 of the year because one would be on the bench when the other was on the ice.

But hey you read his NHL.com stats, you're now qualified to be an NHL scout.
More failed logic. You're on a roll.

I'm basing things that have already happened, but you're the one guaranteeing that he will not only play with Richards, but score 40 goals in the process.

Scouts predict. You're predicting. I'm not predicting. I'm stating factual evidence of what he's done (or not done) the last three seasons.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
TheDoctorLies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
Hes got first line potential. Dont really see whats wrong with that. If anything this will have JVR really focused this offseason to improve his game.

I think the biggest concern is that JVR isn't a center, he's a wing. Weird time to start playing center.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post

Its not the point that he is playing on the first line. Its the fact they will potentially be moving him to center. JVR has played his whole career as a wing.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:51 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Damn you FLA.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
More failed logic. You're on a roll.

I'm basing things that have already happened, but you're the one guaranteeing that he will not only play with Richards, but score 40 goals in the process.

Scouts predict. You're predicting. I'm not predicting. I'm stating factual evidence of what he's done (or not done) the last three seasons.
All of you've done is state at stats and make assumptions, honestly who the **** are you to tell me I'm wrong? He scored 40 with Malhotra, but its ridiculous that he will score 40 with Richards. But please do tell me how he is clearly on the decline. All you're doing is proving that you don't watch and just read stat sheets.

Clearly when a team is out in the first month of the year he lost motivation. Everyone can see how he is uninterested in playing for Columbus. It's hard to get over 65 points when playing with ECHL'ers. And all I've said was that he has had international success which is a fact, and that he isn't on a decline.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Lundsanity30

There is no way the Rangers are going into this season looking at what holes they need to fill. Sather and Torts already both said the offense needed to be addressed because we needed more scoring. This is New York, the Rangers were 2 wins away from the SCF, to take a step back now to "see what we have" will not fly with our fan base.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Lundsanity30

I have to admit, I'm intrigued by seeing what Nash could do playing with Richards..

Old
07-11-2012, 09:53 PM
jskramer83

Quote:
Show me where I said to trade Stepan. I'll wait.

Hagelin I would be more than willing to trade for Nash. Nash would more than replace his production, and is a significantly better player than Hagelin.

Anyone who looks at a trade like this and goes "but he has to come in and replace the production of these two players!" has to realize how a roster works. Nash wouldn't have to replace Dubinsky and Hagelin's production - he'd only have to replace one of them. Someone else either already on the roster or acquired via trade or free agency will be tasked with replacing the other's production. We're going to dress 12 or 13 forwards most nights. Trading two guys for one doesn't mean we'll only be dressing 10.
To be fair, I never did see you mention Stepan in any trade talks. I would do Dubinsky and Hagelin as well for Nash with no problem. The thing is, Howson has made it fairly clear that any deal needs to be built around Stepan.

I under stand your point on how a roster is built, and agree so lets say we replace Nash with Hagelin. But by this method of thinking, keeping Hagelin, and Dubi, and adding lets say Kostitsyn to the third line, produces the same 16 goal increase, that Nash replacing Hagelin adds, also this keeps Dubi's production with the possibility of him returning to 40 plus pt form, and is more cost effective.

The only thing the Nash move adds that would be better, is a Name, and increase Cap postion.

Hell again wolski was just signed for 600k for 1 year, and mueller was signed for 1 year around 1.8 mill. Now with Mueller off the board, I am strongly hoping a 1 yr deal for Kostitsyn or Sykora happen.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Jim Morrison

HEY SATHER, MUELLER JUST SIGNED FOR ONE YEAR ON A BARGAIN CONTRACT, WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?

I'm sick and tired of this ****ing pathetic offseason. We had problems with our scoring last season, LET'S SIGN BOTTOM-6ers AND GOONS. This is a PATHETIC attempt at offseason. It's Nash/Ryan or nothing it seems. Pathetic.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
To be fair, I never did see you mention Stepan in any trade talks. I would do Dubinsky and Hagelin as well for Nash with no problem. The thing is, Howson has made it fairly clear that any deal needs to be built around Stepan.

I under stand your point on how a roster is built, and agree so lets say we replace Nash with Hagelin. But by this method of thinking, keeping Hagelin, and Dubi, and adding lets say Kostitsyn to the third line, produces the same 16 goal increase, that Nash replacing Hagelin adds, also this keeps Dubi's production with the possibility of him returning to 40 plus pt form, and is more cost effective.

The only thing the Nash move adds that would be better, is a Name, and increase Cap postion.

Hell again wolski was just signed for 600k for 1 year, and mueller was signed for 1 year around 1.8 mil?
Our team is fine for the regular season. We need someone who is a game changer that can help us in the post season when it really matters, when the games are tougher, Mueller, Sykora, Kostisyn, hagelin, guys like them are fine regular season players and probably will help our goal scoring cheaper than someone like Nash. However, Nash is the game changer (or someone like him) that this team needs in order to win a Stanley Cup. because you need someone with pure talent to take all the heat off Gaborik to do it all by himself. JMO

Old
07-11-2012, 09:59 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
HEY SATHER, MUELLER JUST SIGNED FOR ONE YEAR ON A BARGAIN CONTRACT, WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?

I'm sick and tired of this ****ing pathetic offseason. We had problems with our scoring last season, LET'S SIGN BOTTOM-6ers AND GOONS. This is a PATHETIC attempt at offseason. It's Nash/Ryan or nothing it seems. Pathetic.
Come on, let's reel in the anger.

Both Nash and Ryan would be great for the Rangers, but they will cost assets. Doan is 35 and he wants a 4-year contract that carries a cap hit in the ballpark of 5-6 million. Semin also looks like someone who wants to get payed whilst being offered multiple years.

I don't blame Sather being hesitant.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post

Mueller is a reclammation project, you know that right?

Old
07-11-2012, 10:01 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

This is now officially more annoying than Sundin and Kovalchuk put together.

RANGERS =
Closed Thread