HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Sign F Peter Mueller 1yr/$1.725

Old
07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Wolski got a better point per game ratio and the only thing Mueller ever proved is that he can't stay healthy.
He's got way better offensive tools than Wolski. He has the best shot on the team as it stands right now, with probably Versteeg and Fleischmann tied for second.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Crosby was out because of a neck injury. Mueller was all concussion. I'd be willing to speculate that they were much more cautious with Crosby. He's their franchise.
This is false. Crosby most definitely had a concussion. He also had neck issues, but the main thing was the concussion. I remember him trying to come back, but having to stop training because of recurring concussion-related symptoms.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
He's got way better offensive tools than Wolski. He has the best shot on the team as it stands right now, with probably Versteeg and Fleischmann tied for second.
Yeah, let's hope this is the second year in a row we sign a guy from Colorado who had a rough and injury-prone year and follows it up with a stellar year in Florida.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:18 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Yes, I know the story.

He had at least one concussion and prolonged post-concussive symptoms.

You said he didn't have concussion problems.

He did.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/75...ex-explanation

Crosby has been experiencing symptoms he has described as similar to those he dealt with following last year's concussion, saying he "just didn't feel right" the day after his last game, Dec. 5 against the Boston Bruins. Crosby has been followed by his medical team in Pittsburgh and has been undergoing physical therapy, making progress along the way, since that time.

However, after Crosby sought an additional opinion last month at the recommendation of his agent, Pat Brisson, there was suddenly much public discussion about what was the actual nature of Crosby's injury. The final consensus from Crosby's medical team and a third independent party, Philadelphia-based spinal surgeon Dr. Alexander Vaccaro, is that Crosby is dealing with a soft-tissue injury in his neck and he is continuing to progress with his rehabilitation efforts.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:19 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
This is false. Crosby most definitely had a concussion. He also had neck issues, but the main thing was the concussion. I remember him trying to come back, but having to stop training because of recurring concussion-related symptoms.
see article I posted

Old
07-11-2012, 09:19 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

He is our Semin. Unless we get Semin

Dominoes for Luo?

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:20 PM
ToneBone03
LEAFS

Dale Tallon is one hell of a GM. Low risk, high reward. Look out for Mueller in the fall.

ToneBone03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:21 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
You mean when he talks about him having the lowest salary on the team besides Ellerby.... that's a typo? Must be a pretty long one...
It wasn't a typo. He misread the salary. I guess he's awful and should kill himself.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:23 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:

Crosby has been experiencing symptoms he has described as similar to those he dealt with following last year's concussion, saying he "just didn't feel right" the day after his last game, Dec. 5 against the Boston Bruins. Crosby has been followed by his medical team in Pittsburgh and has been undergoing physical therapy, making progress along the way, since that time.

However, after Crosby sought an additional opinion last month at the recommendation of his agent, Pat Brisson, there was suddenly much public discussion about what was the actual nature of Crosby's injury. The final consensus from Crosby's medical team and a third independent party, Philadelphia-based spinal surgeon Dr. Alexander Vaccaro, is that Crosby is dealing with a soft-tissue injury in his neck and he is continuing to progress with his rehabilitation efforts.
I'll go with the official team release rather than a paraphrased line from Stephania Bell at ESPN.com.

You do notice that she says that he had a soft tissue injury to his neck - she never says he didn't have a concussion.... because he HAD A CONCUSSION.

angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:

Yeah, that's when he came back and got the errant and accidental elbow from Krejci. Something that happens many times during any hockey game at nearly any level.

But that's beside the point. You proposed that Crosby didn't have concussion problems. He does. And there was even speculation about his possible retirement during those 11 months. Though those rumors were clearly unfounded.

All i'm saying is, this signing is as low-risk as it gets. It's only one year, so even if Mueller gets some sort of injury or doesn't return to form, he was simply a placeholder for some of the prospects who are thinking about making the jump but might stay out of the pro game for one more year (Bjugstad, for example).

Had we signed him for, say, 3 years, then i'd be worried because if he doesn't put up some points, then we're stuck with him until his contract runs out. Low risk, high reward.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:24 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
It wasn't a typo. He misread the salary. I guess he's awful and should kill himself.
That's a bit extreme.

I would suggest that he do a bit better research instead of rushing to be 1st.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:25 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
I'll go with the official team release rather than a paraphrased line from Stephania Bell at ESPN.com.

You do notice that she says that he had a soft tissue injury to his neck - she never says he didn't have a concussion.... because he HAD A CONCUSSION.
I'm not arguing a lack of concussion. He doesn't have concussion problems. Crosby having a "concussion problem" was the false impression given off because he was out so long and he never felt better. This is why you think he had concussion problems.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:28 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Yeah, that's when he came back and got the errant and accidental elbow from Krejci. Something that happens many times during any hockey game at nearly any level.

But that's beside the point. You proposed that Crosby didn't have concussion problems. He does. And there was even speculation about his possible retirement during those 11 months. Though those rumors were clearly unfounded.

All i'm saying is, this signing is as low-risk as it gets. It's only one year, so even if Mueller gets some sort of injury or doesn't return to form, he was simply a placeholder for some of the prospects who are thinking about making the jump but might stay out of the pro game for one more year (Bjugstad, for example).

Had we signed him for, say, 3 years, then i'd be worried because if he doesn't put up some points, then we're stuck with him until his contract runs out. Low risk, high reward.
It's a risky move signing Mueller. He could easily play less than 20 games. If we lose him, we don't have the offensive depth to pick up the slack. We're hoping he stays healthy, which is betting against his track record. He has a fragile brain and a history of concussion problems. I hope he plays 80 and puts up 25 goals. Something he is certainly capable of.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

can we stop arguing in the Mueller thread?

I'd rather talk about Mueller instead of Crosby lol.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Crosby doesn't have concussion issues.
Quote:
I'm not arguing a lack of concussion.
So someone has a concussion... has post concussive symptoms...

But he also sustained a neck injury... so he doesn't have concussion issues.

OK. Thank you for clarifying that.

We can agree to disagree here. I'm done.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I hope you're right.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:35 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

Oh, okay, so getting a concussed = concussion issues? His PCS are misdiagnosed because of the neck injury. I'm done. There's no point in discussing this more.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:36 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:

We can agree to disagree here. I'm done.
He's saying the prolonged effects that everyone thought was post-concussion syndrome was in fact due to his neck injury, not the concussion.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:37 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
I hope you're right.
He has a very good shot. The type of shot that comes down the slot and beats a goalie clean. He's a bit slow but if we can get the puck to him in a shooting position, he can finish. He's very different from Wolski and this is a much better risk to take.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:40 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
You mean when he talks about him having the lowest salary on the team besides Ellerby.... that's a typo? Must be a pretty long one...
I blame "auto correct"

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

There, now everybody can stop having an embolism. I like it, hopefully he can turn it around here and become a longterm fixture.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:42 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
I blame "auto correct"
Damned iPad again?

Old
07-11-2012, 09:43 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
There, now everybody can stop having an embolism. I like it, hopefully he can turn it around here and become a longterm fixture.
This is how I look at it too. A definite prove yourself contract, if he does well no doubt Tallon tries to lock him up to a longer term contract. Definitely make the prospects fight for every bit they can get.

Old
RainingRats

Quote:
This is a good point. If he can get his legs back under him and produce like he's capable of, we could have a legit top 6 forward to re-sign.

Old
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Mueller has concussions, we have embolisms. Match made in heaven.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote