HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Brendan Morrow

Old
07-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Hardnell

vCash: 500
Brendan Morrow

If Doan passes, does Homer pursue Morrow? Has NTC and a cap hit of $4.1 in the last year of his deal. Veteran presence to mentor Philly youth, contribute on the score sheet and plays physical. Is he worth trading for and who is given up?

Hardnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Id rather trade for Ryan.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
maybe when a few other options have passed or become unavailable/price still high.

not sure what Dallas would want.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:08 PM
bp spec

Not sure if I would do this. I'm not sure what we would have to give up either.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Jray42

vCash: 86
Dallas fans said he was terrible last year.

Do not want.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'll tell you who I would like from Dallas...Scott Glennie. I was a big fan of his going into the draft that year. Seems like he hasn't done much, putting up only 35 points in 60 AHL games last year. I wonder if Dallas would sell low on him. Could be a solid future third line winger to pair with Laughton down the road (or even Couturier in the not too distant future). Unless of course he just isn't that good. In which case...oh well. Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Can Morrow still skate? What is he 45yrs old now or something.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
djlethal08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'll tell you who I would like from Dallas...Scott Glennie. I was a big fan of his going into the draft that year. Seems like he hasn't done much, putting up only 35 points in 60 AHL games last year. I wonder if Dallas would sell low on him. Could be a solid future third line winger to pair with Laughton down the road (or even Couturier in the not too distant future). Unless of course he just isn't that good. In which case...oh well. Haha.
This is an interesting idea. I don't know much about Glennie, or what Dallas would look for in return, but he seemed to be very successful playing alongside Brayden Schenn on the Wheat Kings. Maybe given a chance to reunite with Schenn can get Glennie back on track? If he could be had relatively cheap it could be worth looking in to.

djlethal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:48 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Hmmm, from what I'm reading about Scott Glennie, there's some health issues, in particular, his wrist. He had off season surgery on his wrist and since then, there seems to be a screw rubbing against the bone and his skin and it's giving him some problems. On top of it, he seems to suffer at least one significant injury every year. As well, some on the Dallas board have mentioned that he's fallen behind other forwards in the organization. Maybe there's an opportunity there to acquire Glennie at a low cost and see about getting that wrist looked after properly and go from there.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
He's "only" 33 years old. Not ancient yet.

But yeah, only if Jake isn't our top line RW, since that hopefully means we end up with Ryan/Semin/Doan/someone.

Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:07 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Flyers management motto: Live for Today, which means no to Morrow.

Seriously, with the addition of Fedotenko, this squad is fine with bottom-6 vets/role players. Let the kids play!

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:35 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Yikes! Hell no. Watched him play when he was on schenns line in junior, he owes Brayden schenn and Matt calvert (blue jackets) for getting drafted so early.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:00 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post

Seriously, with the addition of Fedotenko, this squad is fine with bottom-6 vets/role players. Let the kids play!
Except on the blue line. Never on the blue line.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:10 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Holmgren probably thinks Lilja and Gervais are kids

Old
07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
CTU2fan

What makes anyone think Dallas is selling? They just added Whitney and Jagr. I don't see them moving Morrow unless anyone's specifically heard different re: him being available.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
What makes anyone think Dallas is selling? They just added Whitney and Jagr. I don't see them moving Morrow unless anyone's specifically heard different re: him being available.
A lot of the NHL rumor guys online have said he's available in the last few days. That's why his name has popped up here.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post

Well done, sir. Well done. I however am a huge fan of the way Morrow plays the game. Huge. Someone else suggested in another thread that if Scuderi were available from the Kings we should look into it. If we got Scuderi and Morrow that would be fantastic.

Scuderi has been good for Doughty IMO and is just a great steady D-man in general, I would give him or Kimmo to Schenn as a partner while he gets his mojo back.

Coburn - Grossman
Timonen - Meszaros
Schenn - Scuderi

Gustaffson/MAB/Lilja as your 7th

That looks capable.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn/Briere - Schenn/Briere
Read - Couturier - Morrow<------------------------ Kick ass.
Wellwood - Talbot - Fedotenko

I love that line up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Except on the blue line. Never on the blue line.
3rd pairing man, let them play on the 3rd pairing!

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:42 PM
moosehead81

Only with the Flyers would one might consider giving up a more expensive, but younger, Morrow type player (although he's a center) in Mike Richards and then consider getting Morrow. Ridiculous- is there any actual plan to moving ahead or is it just a grab bag of whatever comes along?

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM
facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
He's "only" 33 years old. Not ancient yet.

But yeah, only if Jake isn't our top line RW, since that hopefully means we end up with Ryan/Semin/Doan/someone.
I like the guy but he sounds a bit too pricey for me. I read Meltzer today and he mentioned not one but both of Simmonds and Rad for Morrow and I puked in my mouth. I like Meltzer and he also is a beat blooger for the stars so he is usually a smoke/fire guy but if we give up one of those 2 or both for morrow i will be pissed

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 04:00 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
Only with the Flyers would one might consider giving up a more expensive, but younger, Morrow type player (although he's a center) in Mike Richards and then consider getting Morrow. Ridiculous- is there any actual plan to moving ahead or is it just a grab bag of whatever comes along?
Um, hate to interrupt, but you know HFboards is not reality, right? A suggestion from a fan on here does not mean Holmgren is actually pursuing Brendan Morrow.

But, please, continue being angry and bitter

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:04 PM
moosehead81

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Um, hate to interrupt, but you know HFboards is not reality, right? A suggestion from a fan on here does not mean Holmgren is actually pursuing Brendan Morrow.

But, please, continue being angry and bitter
Actually, I don't see a reference to Holmgren or anybody else in Flyers management anywhere in my comment; however, I think I can personally retain any anger and bitterness I may feel towards the apparent lack of a plan and the attempts by Flyers management to grab bag anything that may come along. Trust me, if Morrow was made available, the Flyers would try to grab him, given there's not much else out there. This is the way an organization without a plan operates and how has that fared so far in the last how many years?

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Actually, I don't see a reference to Holmgren or anybody else in Flyers management anywhere in my comment; however, I think I can personally retain any anger and bitterness I may feel towards the apparent lack of a plan and the attempts by Flyers management to grab bag anything that may come along. Trust me, if Morrow was made available, the Flyers would try to grab him, given there's not much else out there. This is the way an organization without a plan operates and how has that fared so far in the last how many years?
They didn't get rid of Mike Richards because he didn't fit what they liked in a player, quite the contrary it would appear. And I don't see anything wrong with being adaptable or opportunistic, so long as there is some general philosophy or approach. I have gone on record as disliking the degree of roster turnover with Holmgren as a permanent state of affairs, so that is somewhat talking out of both sides of my mouth to be fair and honest. As for their success, they've been far more successful than most teams in through out their whole history.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:27 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Mike Richards was moved for a reason. You don't move "franchise" players who have signed 12 year deals to stay. It's not a secret that Richards was miserable in Philadelphia. As well, there were locker room issues that are no secret (let's not forget that Richards was one of the driving forces in getting Hitchcock fired and Briere even said that when he signed here, there was a bit of standoff between them). Simply put, Richards had to go. Holmgren even teared up when he had to move Richards, but the team had to come first.

So, when you consider that Holmgren got a 28 goal winger who is just beginning to hit his stride and one of the better center ice prospects in the game, you can see why he did what he did.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:19 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Not sure if I would give up any roster players for Morrow. Well none that Dallas would want anyway.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Not sure if I would give up any roster players for Morrow. Well none that Dallas would want anyway.
If we can't a winger why not go with what we have and see what happens... this will be a long summmmmmmmmmmer... Let's not trade for a Morrow type player - if we trade for anything i'd like to see a sniper come this way.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote