HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part IV)

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Baby Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
glad I am not the only person who noticed. well, you know trueblue, the people that can afford the new prices are NOT the REAL FANS! REAL FANS can only afford prices from 1974.

My family (Father, Uncle, Couins) have been going to Ranger games since the old, OLD Garden & were members part of the Garden club for God knows how long.

We sat in sec. 104 since 1990, we had the entire row, 6 seats, than gave up 2 after a few years, were there for all the major mile stones, 1994 P/O's, Cup winning game, banner rasieng, retirement number games, I'll never forget the game I thought Jagr scored the goal to move past Graves. Sat though the Devils sweeping us that year.

I could go on & on & on.

Than we got moved to the new 115, I can tell you we are the real deal when it comes to rooting for the Rangers.

Any way, i'm for the bridges. I also hope to snag my own seats in the West end balcony next year.

Last edited by NyRangers88: 07-11-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old
07-11-2012, 04:05 PM
nyrblueseats

I'm pretty sure he was joking

Old
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
True Blue 96

Quote:
glad I am not the only person who noticed. well, you know trueblue, the people that can afford the new prices are NOT the REAL FANS! REAL FANS can only afford prices from 1974.
That is a pretty stupid thing to say. Do you think there are "REAL FANS" who actually pay for those, because there are more then you think. My seats in the 400's were obstructed view and I was moved to 203 and I met many fans who have tickets for year. Also i know alot of indivduals through work and friends who have tickets down there. Not everybody who sits low are suits or not true fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone
That's what I thought. Then what are people here talking about where they can't find the bridge in the interactive seating chart? It's not supposed to be in there.

Just talked to my ticket rep and she confirmed the bridge will block the new gardenvision. My tickets are in 223 row 17 and she said the bridge will block the view but not the ice. Also she said they are unsure if people are going to be allowed on the bridge during play or if the are going to have actual seats on the bridge. Also there will be more then enough TV's on the bridge so we won't miss anything on the gardenvision.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
The whole renovation is crap. :-(

All I needed were cheap rangers tickets. Nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
honestly its not. just because the tickets aren't "cheap" enough for you, doesnt mean its crap.

garden is going to be much nicer for the average fan now and the building did need an update. all you complain about on the boards is cheap tickets. the rangers are a business first and need to maximize revenue, when are you gunna realize that?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
What? There's people on HF who sit in the lower bowl.. I'd consider them real fans. Unless you were being sarcastic, of course.
Quote:
Yes, I was being sarcastic. nyrmetros is constantly complaining about prices and how real fans have been priced out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
My family (Father, Uncle, Couins) have been going to Ranger games since the old, OLD Garden & were members part of the Garden club for God knows how long.

We sat in sec. 104 since 1990, we had the entire row, 6 seats, than gave up 2 after a few years, were there for all the major mile stones, 1994 P/O's, Cup winning game, banner rasieng, retirement number games, I'll never forget the game I thought Jagr scored the goal to move past Graves. Sat though the Devils sweeping us that year.

I could go on & on & on.

Than we got moved to the new 115, I can tell you we are the real deal when it comes to rooting for the Rangers.

Any way, i'm for the bridges. I also hope to snag my own seats in the West end balcony next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue 96 View Post
That is a pretty stupid thing to say. Do you think there are "REAL FANS" who actually pay for those, because there are more then you think. My seats in the 400's were obstructed view and I was moved to 203 and I met many fans who have tickets for year. Also i know alot of indivduals through work and friends who have tickets down there. Not everybody who sits low are suits or not true fans.
Baby Punisher, True Blue 96, next time try READING the thread so you might be able to understand the context of the post. If you did read the thread, I'd be happy to tutor you in reading comprehension. My tutoring rate is $60/hr if you come to me. $90/hr if I come to you. Additional charges for longer commutes and tolls.

Old
07-11-2012, 05:18 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue 96 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone
That's what I thought. Then what are people here talking about where they can't find the bridge in the interactive seating chart? It's not supposed to be in there.

Just talked to my ticket rep and she confirmed the bridge will block the new gardenvision. My tickets are in 223 row 17 and she said the bridge will block the view but not the ice. Also she said they are unsure if people are going to be allowed on the bridge during play or if the are going to have actual seats on the bridge. Also there will be more then enough TV's on the bridge so we won't miss anything on the gardenvision.
96, pats first post was sarcastic. the people walking on the bridge isnt the problem. its the bridges themselves giving us tunnel vision as ive stated numerous times.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2550
Quote:
Yes, I was being sarcastic. nyrmetros is constantly complaining about prices and how real fans have been priced out.
I hear you. I hate when people say that. Real fans are not being priced out; less fortunate real fans are.

07-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
96, pats first post was sarcastic. the people walking on the bridge isnt the problem. its the bridges themselves giving us tunnel vision as ive stated numerous times.
I keep seeing you say that, but I don't understand. What's so bad about tunnel vision? It's not like you need peripheral vision anyway when the only thing necessary to look at is the ice.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:41 PM
trueblue9441

Quote:
I keep seeing you say that, but I don't understand. What's so bad about tunnel vision? It's not like you need peripheral vision anyway when the only thing necessary to look at is the ice.
obviously wont look exactly like this.. but is this really great for fans sitting up in the higher rows? mind you this is an approximate view from row 16 and not like row 23 where some of us are.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Except it will blend in. It won't be in white and there will be TV screens and the scoreboard.

That rendering looks much better.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:47 PM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Except it will blend in. It won't be in white and there will be TV screens and the scoreboard.

That rendering looks much better.
and that exactly makes it better how?

Old
07-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
and that exactly makes it better how?
I mean it looks better than the distracting white rendering you made. People may not like it, but I think you guys are really exaggerating how bad you think it is.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:49 PM
trueblue9441

Quote:
I mean it looks better than the distracting white rendering you made.
im not talking about the "rendering" i made in paint. im talking about the view point and the bridges being in our ****ing way and having tunnel vision.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:50 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I think one of the best things about the playoffs is seeing the team take the ice with all the towels waving. That's pretty much gone since you won't be able to see a good portion of the crowd with the bridges there.

It's little things like that makes me hate the bridges.

07-11-2012, 11:50 PM
trueblue9441

Quote:
I mean it looks better than the distracting white rendering you made. People may not like it, but I think you guys are really exaggerating how bad you think it is.
for people like us that are putting out at least 4k for a pair of seats, it is a big deal.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
for people like us that are putting out at least 4k for a pair of seats, it is a big deal.
If I had the money to buy seasons, it won't be a big deal for me since I don't hate it like you. Sorry, but even if you hate it so much that you don't renew, MSG will get someone to replace you.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:59 PM
trueblue9441

Quote:
If I had the money to buy seasons, it won't be a big deal for me since I don't hate it like you. Sorry, but even if you hate it so much that you don't renew, MSG will get someone to replace you.
ok so when you do get seasons and eventually get into the 50 dollar seats and have the bridges blocking your view for 41 games, get back to me then. they're an eyesore, they're going to be a hindrance to everyone sitting behind them and i can guarantee will take away from the viewing experience for the people sitting in the higher rows of the 200's.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
ok so when you do get seasons and eventually get into the 50 dollar seats and have the bridges blocking your view for 41 games, get back to me then. they're an eyesore, they're going to be a hindrance to everyone sitting behind them and i can guarantee will take away from the viewing experience for the people sitting in the higher rows of the 200's.
When I go to games, all I care about seeing is the ice. I don't give a **** if I can't see the scoreboard, as long as you give me another scoreboard to look at, which they are doing.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:22 AM
nevesis

Quote:
im not talking about the "rendering" i made in paint. im talking about the view point and the bridges being in our ****ing way and having tunnel vision.
**** this.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:22 AM
trueblue9441

Quote:
When I go to games, all I care about seeing is the ice. I don't give a **** if I can't see the scoreboard, as long as you give me another scoreboard to look at, which they are doing.
not once did i mention the scoreboard in my post. not once. the scoreboard is one thing. being able to see the entire arena is another problem. having your line of sight distorted is another issue as well.

lets say we win a stanley cup banner and raise it or the knicks win an nba championship, guess what... fans in the upper rows won't be able to see the entire ceremony and see the banner raised to the rafters.

of course we'll be able to see the ice, i don't think (or i hope not at least) that management would build something that would obstruct the playing surfaces view for thousands of loyal fans in a billion dollar renovation.

but when it all adds up, for the thousands of average fans who will be paying their hard earned money to sit there are going to have a significantly worse in arena experience due to having those bridges in front of them than they did before the transformation took place.

that's the issue and the problem, and if you're too blind to see that, than you never will.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:24 AM
nevesis

I pray that they scrap the idea. Maybe it's time to start another protest Zip?

Old
07-12-2012, 12:27 AM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I pray that they scrap the idea. Maybe it's time to start another protest Zip?
haha i hope they run out of money and can't finish it.. but we know that won't happen. i'll be laying into my ticket rep over the course of the rest of the summer about it. we need to see more

Old
07-12-2012, 12:31 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

If they didn't have the Chase name attached to it plus the seats being on there, I think there would be a good chance it would be scrapped. But the 1,000 seats will bring in revenue and I'd imagine the deal they signed with Chase had the bridges being part of it.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:27 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
when i went into the transformation center, i spoke with a few people about my concern with the bridges and obstructed views. they insisted that the bridges will not block any view of the ice because of the angles of the seats. i kind of am for the bridges especially since it will be a first (also maybe a last) and seeing a few devils fans get tossed off it may not be a bad thing (kidding) talk about the worlds most state of the art arena, thats for sure

Old
07-12-2012, 08:43 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
**** this.
Really? You don't agree? Take a look at that first picture you posted again. You don't think those people on the left side of the picture, who are above the level of the bridge, would be pissed?

Look -- I get it. The ice isn't obstructed. But you all have to remember, the whole reason for being AT the Garden is to take in the whole experience. Direct and peripheral vision. You're taking in a lot when you sit at the Garden. If all you really cared about was just the ice -- then why not save money and watch it at home? I'll tell you why -- because you're there for the whole experience.

That's why I understand the "tunnel vision" argument. Stare at something for a while, and slowly, the periphery blends and blurs. That's what could happen to people when the bridges are in front of them. You could make the argument that it's no different from right now -- where there's other things in the periphery, such as the scoreboard or the ceiling or whatnot. But the difference is -- right now, that's all far away from your eyes. These bridges will be closer, and harder I think to ignore. You could choose not to look at the bridges, and just at the ice. But then it comes back to the point of watching the ice on TV at home.

I'm hoping they're not as obtrusive as the renderings make it out to be. I know it's all moot at this point since the designs are final. But I wouldn't be as concerned if it was perhaps one bridge, that went across the length of the ice in the middle (from goal to goal). That way, it would still be far enough away. Or maybe extend the balcony 360 around, above the seats. That way no one sitting in the sections need to worry about it, but you still get the "overhead area" experience.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:02 AM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnyr View Post
Really? You don't agree? Take a look at that first picture you posted again. You don't think those people on the left side of the picture, who are above the level of the bridge, would be pissed?
think he's agreeing with us saying **** the bridges

Closed Thread