HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Michael Del Zotto.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:04 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Oshie is a great player, but I'd never move MDZ for him. Top 4 d-men are much more valuable than 2-way forwards IMO. MDZ is younger and has RFA years.
So you wouldn't have any problems moving Callahan(++) for Shattenkirk? Because that's pretty much the exact same deal in reverse.

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
So you wouldn't have any problems moving Callahan(++) for Shattenkirk? Because that's pretty much the exact same deal in reverse.
If we had more depth on wing, I would do it.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Oshie is a great player, but I'd never move MDZ for him. Top 4 d-men are much more valuable than 2-way forwards IMO. MDZ is younger and has RFA years.
True, but this also allows the Rangers to move even more people in a deal for Nash.

so technically it turns into Del zotto + whoever we give up for Nash for Oshie and Nash. I'd take that anyday of the week

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 10:38 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
That's multiple years down the road, if it ever becomes a concern at all. It seems reasonable to at least see what his contract status is going to be first, doesn't it?
Well IMO if its not hammered out this year then it becomes a issue. What I am saying is the 2013-1014 season is his last year before he hits FA. So if he signs a one year deal and has a big year this year I imagine he is not going to sign for anything short of what he sees as market value on a long term deal seeing as how he is one year from being unresticted. And if he signs just a two year deal that takes him right to FA which I have to think if he continues to improve he will test the market. IMO its not years away and I feel as if alot will be determined with how the negotiations go on this contract.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:20 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
I'd do Del Zotto for Shattenkirk straight-up. It would rebalance the power of the Blues D which is heavy on the right side and weak on the left side.
Never really thought about that. I have been so caught up in the Blues needing a LHD and they have the wings to trade that I never thought about Shattenkirk. That may not be a bad move. I think I like this idea.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:23 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Part of the reason I would not mind losing him in a deal for MDZ and I agree with the value which is why I added Rattie. But fellow Blues fans would never do it and I suspect Armstong is on their side on this one.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Alivesi

Wouldn't happen but, Teddy Purcell for Staal / MDZ ?

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Oshie, Rattie, 2nd for MDZ or Staal.
Terrrrrrible for the Blues... hot damn

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:25 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
True, but this also allows the Rangers to move even more people in a deal for Nash.

so technically it turns into Del zotto + whoever we give up for Nash for Oshie and Nash. I'd take that anyday of the week
Not sure if I am reading this right but dont you think it would take one of your other big 3 plus in order to get Nash. Would you really want to give up 2 of your top 4 young dmen plus other assets in order to get Nash and Oshie?

Old
07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Terrrrrrible for the Blues... hot damn
Seems like MDZ is getting severly underated with him still having multiple RFA years and him being a puck moving LHD. Did people not just see what Dmen on the open market got? Maybe my opinion of MDZ and his contract are just way to high and the value I place on him is out of controll. As all my fellow Blues fans think I am nuts.

I hope he does get traded so we can see what his value actually is.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:33 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Seems like MDZ is getting severly underated with him still having multiple RFA years and him being a puck moving LHD. Did people not just see what Dmen on the open market got? Maybe my opinion of MDZ and his contract are just way to high and the value I place on him is out of controll. As all my fellow Blues fans think I am nuts.

You are giving him Yandle value. MDZ is not at Yandle's level yet.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:41 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
And that I agree with but I think he will be really damn close within a year or two and he has 4 or 5 years left as a RFA. Part of my serious interest is the RFA years left which would put the Blues in a good financial situation going forward if they need to spend on a center or a top notch scorer.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:

I like MDZ, I see him play a lot actually since I live in NY, but Oshie is a really good player and Rattie is a pretty good prospect

Im just surprised a Blues fan would offer that much

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:31 AM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I like MDZ, I see him play a lot actually since I live in NY, but Oshie is a really good player and Rattie is a pretty good prospect

Im just surprised a Blues fan would offer that much
Obviously its alot but wing is a posistion of strength and I am high on MDZ and love the amount of years he has left before hitting UFA. And with the price of dmen if you can aquire a player like MDZ I am willing to overpay if its from a position of strength. Keep in mind I am the only Blues fan willing to make such overpayment.

Right now on the wings the Blues have Oshie, Perron, Stewart, Schwartz(no I am not saying he will be a top 6 winger this year) Taresenko(who I think will be a top 6 winger), Steen, and McDonald. Granted I expect Stewart to rebound and put in 30 this year. Either way they have alot of top 6 forwards.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:52 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
Wouldn't happen but, Teddy Purcell for Staal / MDZ ?
I wouldn't do that deal. We can't trade our only PMD for another RW (Purcell would be behind Gaborik and Callahan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
I'd do Del Zotto for Shattenkirk straight-up. It would rebalance the power of the Blues D which is heavy on the right side and weak on the left side.
This move, however, intrigues me. Both players are similar in age, pedigree and production. St. Louis needs LHD while the Rangers need RHD. How physical is Shattenkirk? Is he more of a shooter or a passer? Outside of a couple of games, I haven't really seen him play much. What are his strengths/weaknesses?

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
And why not?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
McD brought back Gomez, MDZ could probably get you DiPietro.

(That's how a Gomez joke is done)

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Oshie, Rattie, 2nd for MDZ or Staal.
This is a nice offer.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:43 AM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This is a nice offer.
Well most seem to think its a horrible offer from a Blues POV.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:55 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Only way Del Zotto is traded is in a package for a first line scorer, or a current 2nd liner with 1st line potential.

He may not be a "special" talent, but he is a unique blend of offensive skill and physicality from the blueline. His defense isn't really on par with his fellow top-4 Ranger defenseman, but for the most part, he's average at worst. He makes his fair share of bad mistakes but he's 22 and a defenseman. Most defenseman aren't even legitimate 20+ minute players at that age, let alone in the NHL.

07-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Only 1 person in this entire thread highlighted the fact that MDZ is a physical, pmd. Most pmd in this league are fairys when it comes down to battling. Kid hasn't peaked physically. And he's capable of clipping 40+.

Some serious undervaluing going on in this thread.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
Only way Del Zotto is traded is in a package for a first line scorer, or a current 2nd liner with 1st line potential.
Completely disagree. I think the only way MDZ gets traded is if another dman is coming back who is a better fit and/or an upgrade. We don't have enough depth on defense to trade a top 4 dman for a forward. No way, no how.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:27 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
And why not?
MDZ is on the same level as Shattenkirk, and we both know that isn't where Yandle is. Neither of them is a top 15 defender right now.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:29 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

A MDZ-Shattenkirk trade doesn't make sense for the Blues because we don't have much depth on the right side. We have top-end talent on the right, but not much depth; we have depth on the left, but not much top-end talent.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Not sure if I am reading this right but dont you think it would take one of your other big 3 plus in order to get Nash. Would you really want to give up 2 of your top 4 young dmen plus other assets in order to get Nash and Oshie?
Oh of course.. Del Zotto for Oshie.. and than the Rangers trade Stepan + Dubinsky + picks/prospects for Nash.

so it turns into Stepan + Dubinsky + Del Zotto for Rick Nash and Oshie. However, Rangers could only do this if Sauer was gonna be playing again, or erixon could step into the role MDZ is playing.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote