HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets sign Olli Jokinen (2 years, 4.5M cap hit)

Old
07-11-2012, 01:34 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
Hey guys, long time lurker here and new to the boards.

I think Olli signing is fantastic; I can see him bouncing between the first and second lines until Noel figures out the chemistry. My question is with Olli being the new centre in town with Little, Slater, and Burmi/Antro (possibly Scheifele?) where does does that leave Aaron Gagnon? If memory serves, isn't he on a one way next year?
Oli and Little will most likely cover the 1 and 2 C until either or both Sheif and Burmi are ready to take over. Both Burmi and Little play well on the RW so there are those options as well.
Slater, Antro and Burmi will cover most of the bottom 6 with Cormier probably being the first to join the ranks there (maybe even this year) and Sutter perhaps in the distant future. Antro, (again) Burmi and Cormier have ability to play wing.
Unfortunately I don't see Gagnon and Maxwell doing much more than bouncing up and down with depth coverage.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Oli and Little will most likely cover the 1 and 2 C until either or both Sheif and Burmi are ready to take over. Both Burmi and Little play well on the RW so there are those options as well.
Slater, Antro and Burmi will cover most of the bottom 6 with Cormier probably being the first to join the ranks there (maybe even this year) and Sutter perhaps in the distant future. Antro, (again) Burmi and Cormier have ability to play wing.
Unfortunately I don't see Gagnon and Maxwell doing much more than bouncing up and down with depth coverage.
Precicely. As has been stated ad nauseum before, ahlers often get contracts with one year of one way pay with no addwd intention of them being on the big club. He'll be a depth guy for sure.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:49 AM
QnebO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
Whaaaaaattttt?

Helsinki:

Winnipeg:
Yeah maybe in southern Finland, and close to the sea. But some parts of Finland have continental climate which is lot colder.

Olli is from Kuopio, there it gets down from -20 to -40 celius in janruary and february, depending on the winter. So he is def. going to be fine with the weather.

Boom

QnebO is online now   Reply With Quote