HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!??

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2012, 03:41 AM
  #1
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,519
vCash: 500
11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!??

There is way too much silence.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:23 AM
  #2
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,083
vCash: 500
No rumours tends to mean Burke is up to something.

At least that's what my wishful thinking tells me.

smitty10 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:45 AM
  #3
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Smid, gagne
For franson, MAC, bozak and a 3rd

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:50 AM
  #4
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
No rumours tends to mean Burke is up to something.

At least that's what my wishful thinking tells me.
yea that`s what im thinking too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Smid, gagne
For franson, MAC, bozak and a 3rd
be glad i dont know where you are.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 07:57 AM
  #5
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
yea that`s what im thinking too.


be glad i dont know where you are.
I'm right here, come at me bro!

I think this trade makes us worse this year, but better in the long run, gives us a really good shutdown D, a high upside but question mark C, and relieves conjestion. In 2014 when we sign getzlaf sam gagne will look good on the 3rd line and smid as usual will be a good (maybe a top) shut down D in his prime. I could see doing it without the 3rd but both those pieces are young and high picks.

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:03 AM
  #6
mydnyte
Registered User
 
mydnyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Smid, gagne
For franson, MAC, bozak and a 3rd
Bozak is too underrated ...i just finished posting how he's on a similar if not upward development curve than Filippula.

...though people would prob ask for Smid, Gagne + for Filippula because he's a Det Euro.

mydnyte is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:06 AM
  #7
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
I'm right here, come at me bro!

I think this trade makes us worse this year, but better in the long run, gives us a really good shutdown D, a high upside but question mark C, and relieves conjestion. In 2014 when we sign getzlaf sam gagne will look good on the 3rd line and smid as usual will be a good (maybe a top) shut down D in his prime. I could see doing it without the 3rd but both those pieces are young and high picks.
Lol. Congrats on the 1k post.

However Gagne I think isn't as high end as you tout him to be, in the past sure I'd have called him that but given ample time he hasn't really flourished. Perhaps a change of scene would help but not that price you have proposed.

We already got rid of a player like Smid in Schenn, I don't think we are looking for a player as such for our team. I don't see top pairing potential but sure second pairing. I'd have more interest in Jeff Petry than him tbh.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:08 AM
  #8
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Bozak is too underrated ...i just finished posting how he's on a similar if not upward development curve than Filippula.

...though people would prob ask for Smid, Gagne + for Filippula because he's a Det Euro.
sad truth, he's a great third liner who can step up in the second line if needed.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:10 AM
  #9
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,497
vCash: 500
I think we suspect Burke was interested in Colin Wilson when he was talking to the Flyers and Preds before Schenn was dealt.

Once a player is on the block, it is difficult to take him off the block.

Preds are around 6 billion away from the cap floor. Okay, 14 with Weber to sign, so say 6 million from the floor.

With Suter gone, could Komisarek be enticed to waive to join up with Weber? No that's not the deal, just part of the dea.

They are not using C.Wilson as a center, so it wouldn't have to be a center going back.

Komisarek+MacArthur
for
C.Wilson

MacArthur would add some offense, Komisarek and Trotz system might be a fit.

Franson and a conditional 2nd. in 2014
for
C.Wilson

Did they really value Franson, or was he expendable because they wanted him gone anyway?

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:19 AM
  #10
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I think we suspect Burke was interested in Colin Wilson when he was talking to the Flyers and Preds before Schenn was dealt.

Once a player is on the block, it is difficult to take him off the block.

Preds are around 6 billion away from the cap floor. Okay, 14 with Weber to sign, so say 6 million from the floor.

With Suter gone, could Komisarek be enticed to waive to join up with Weber? No that's not the deal, just part of the dea.

They are not using C.Wilson as a center, so it wouldn't have to be a center going back.

Komisarek+MacArthur
for
C.Wilson

MacArthur would add some offense, Komisarek and Trotz system might be a fit.

Franson and a conditional 2nd. in 2014
for
C.Wilson

Did they really value Franson, or was he expendable because they wanted him gone anyway?
I'd be all for that trade, but with some project pick would be nice too if were to part with Komi and Macarthur.

Say Puustinen or Beck?

I believe the reason they moved franson was due to the Lambo Contract, also they have good depth there with upcoming talent in Josi and after that Ellis and Blum. Josi probably has been their biggest surprise but I have really liked his game.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:22 AM
  #11
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor
 
MapleLeafs9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I think we suspect Burke was interested in Colin Wilson when he was talking to the Flyers and Preds before Schenn was dealt.

Once a player is on the block, it is difficult to take him off the block.

Preds are around 6 billion away from the cap floor. Okay, 14 with Weber to sign, so say 6 million from the floor.

With Suter gone, could Komisarek be enticed to waive to join up with Weber? No that's not the deal, just part of the dea.

They are not using C.Wilson as a center, so it wouldn't have to be a center going back.

Komisarek+MacArthur
for
C.Wilson

MacArthur would add some offense, Komisarek and Trotz system might be a fit.

Franson and a conditional 2nd. in 2014
for
C.Wilson

Did they really value Franson, or was he expendable because they wanted him gone anyway?
We will have THE SOFTEST DEFENCE in professional hockey if we trade Komisarek.

They had to get rid of Lombardi because of his future being very uncertain, and financial reasons. Franson was the price they had to pay.

MapleLeafs9 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:29 AM
  #12
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I think we suspect Burke was interested in Colin Wilson when he was talking to the Flyers and Preds before Schenn was dealt.

Once a player is on the block, it is difficult to take him off the block.

Preds are around 6 billion away from the cap floor. Okay, 14 with Weber to sign, so say 6 million from the floor.

With Suter gone, could Komisarek be enticed to waive to join up with Weber? No that's not the deal, just part of the dea.

They are not using C.Wilson as a center, so it wouldn't have to be a center going back.

Komisarek+MacArthur
for
C.Wilson

MacArthur would add some offense, Komisarek and Trotz system might be a fit.

Franson and a conditional 2nd. in 2014
for
C.Wilson

Did they really value Franson, or was he expendable because they wanted him gone anyway?
There's definitely something to be done with Nashville. They are looking for a Suter replacement --- not that Komisarek could replace him straight up, but it's better than nothing right now.

SprDaVE is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:32 AM
  #13
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Lol. Congrats on the 1k post.

However Gagne I think isn't as high end as you tout him to be, in the past sure I'd have called him that but given ample time he hasn't really flourished. Perhaps a change of scene would help but not that price you have proposed.

We already got rid of a player like Smid in Schenn, I don't think we are looking for a player as such for our team. I don't see top pairing potential but sure second pairing. I'd have more interest in Jeff Petry than him tbh.
Thanks.
I don't think we "got rid" of schenn like we didn't need a player like him, we just relocated talent.

I always intended for gagne to be on the 3rd line, and his upside is that he might be really good, but as of now he's bozakesque.. but younger. Smid is really under rated and is strong and mobile, we need atleast one shutdown D. Unless we plan on keeping komi, we don't have it. I think its a good long term move, with probably zero net gain this year.

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:39 AM
  #14
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 500
Leftover free agents and some that may fill our need

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ee-agents.html

Quote:
10. Daniel Winnik, LW.

Nobody played more regular season games last year than the 27-year-old Winnik, who appeared in 84 contests after being traded from Colorado to San Jose in February. He’s a five-year NHL veteran who can boost a team’s penalty-killing unit.
Quote:
8. Peter Mueller, C.

The 24-year-old Mueller scored 22 goals for Phoenix in his rookie year of 2007-08, but has since struggled with concussion woes. He appeared in just 32 games last year, but finished relatively healthy and amassed seven goals and 16 points. A risky, but intriguing gamble.

Budsfan is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:41 AM
  #15
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Leftover free agents and some that may fill our need

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ee-agents.html
Mueller signed in FLA, no?

The Naz is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:42 AM
  #16
Alexander Baigle
Registered User
 
Alexander Baigle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Great White North
Country: Ethiopia
Posts: 761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Leftover free agents and some that may fill our need

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ee-agents.html
Mueller signed in Florida.

Alexander Baigle is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:44 AM
  #17
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Thanks.
I don't think we "got rid" of schenn like we didn't need a player like him, we just relocated talent.

I always intended for gagne to be on the 3rd line, and his upside is that he might be really good, but as of now he's bozakesque.. but younger. Smid is really under rated and is strong and mobile, we need atleast one shutdown D. Unless we plan on keeping komi, we don't have it. I think its a good long term move, with probably zero net gain this year.
Sorry didn't mean it in a rude manner, it came out as such. Yes we flipped a talent for an area we lack in however I still don't see the hype on smid that I do with Petry.

Gagne might be younger and have better potential but he still hasn't brought out that untapped talent. Not to mention isn't exactly a sizable forward for our group. If we flip Lambo or Connolly for him, preferable lambo more, I am game. Maybe being closer to home and getting some true chances along talented winger might help him. However I rather use my assets for players like Marcus Johansson or Colin Wilson.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:44 AM
  #18
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,363
vCash: 500
I was reading a thread on the trade boards and Winnik hasn't signed so far because he's asking for a lot more money than teams are willing to pay. That's why SJ let him go.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
  #19
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
Mueller signed in Florida.
Wanted us to take chance on him, he could really work out for the panthers.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:52 AM
  #20
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,083
vCash: 500
I want Winnik for the 4th line. He'd play perfectly into the Carlyle system.

smitty10 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 08:56 AM
  #21
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I want Winnik for the 4th line. He'd play perfectly into the Carlyle system.
Gotta get rid of some players to sign more.

The 'logjam' isn't great but there's still one.

SprDaVE is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
  #22
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Mueller signed in FLA, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
Mueller signed in Florida.
Your both right he signed with Florida, I don't think we would be interested in any of the others, maybe Doan but I think we are way down the list of teams he will sign with and he may re-sign with the Coyotes.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...to-roster.html

Daniel Winnik may be the only F/A that could help, especially on the PK.

I think most players we will be getting, will be via trade, as we do have a glut of forwards, some of which will have to be moved, to accommodate any additions.

Budsfan is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 09:17 AM
  #23
delirium trigger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Sorry didn't mean it in a rude manner, it came out as such. Yes we flipped a talent for an area we lack in however I still don't see the hype on smid that I do with Petry.

Gagne might be younger and have better potential but he still hasn't brought out that untapped talent. Not to mention isn't exactly a sizable forward for our group. If we flip Lambo or Connolly for him, preferable lambo more, I am game. Maybe being closer to home and getting some true chances along talented winger might help him. However I rather use my assets for players like Marcus Johansson or Colin Wilson.
Sorry, I didn't mean it rude either hahaha its cool. Just spitting ideas

delirium trigger is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 09:26 AM
  #24
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor
 
MapleLeafs9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
I'm curious as to what people think our D would look like if we did trade/buy out Komisarek? Would you all not agree it would be the softest defence in professional hockey? Yes, this includes AHL and overseas.

MapleLeafs9 is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 09:27 AM
  #25
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,909
vCash: 500
How are we gonna possibly jam in more bottom 6 forwards?

Just to make room for Kadri and Frattin onto our lineup, we will need to dump one or both of Lombardi/Connolly.

Until we can do that, I hope we don't sign any bottom 6 players.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.