HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan hopes to be traded to Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockjaw333 View Post
I still say no to that. How does the D corps shake out without Meszaros in there?
Gervais is here to save us.

Old
07-11-2012, 12:31 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Agreed. I think if we had a viable replacement waiting that this trade would have probably been made already (some combo of Read/Voracek + Dman).

Both the Nash and Ryan trades just seem like they aren't a good fit for this team right now. Only problem I see is wanting to keep these guys away from the Rangers and Penguins. One of the three teams will probably be a player in this, right?
I don't know what they would wan't but there was a thread saying that NIKLAS HJALMARSSON was available. If they did trade Mez in a package for one of the forwards he could be an option for the third pairing.

Old
07-11-2012, 12:56 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I don't know what they would wan't but there was a thread saying that NIKLAS HJALMARSSON was available. If they did trade Mez in a package for one of the forwards he could be an option for the third pairing.
Chicago is rumored to be looking to move him for a forward arent they? there is a rumor on the main about a deal around Plekanec for Hjalmarsson.
Not sure we can afford to give up a forward near Plekanecs skill set for Hjalmarsson.
i would take him over Mez, I just dont know if we could pull such a deal off. Maybe a 3 team deal?

Old
07-11-2012, 01:05 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Chicago is rumored to be looking to move him for a forward arent they? there is a rumor on the main about a deal around Plekanec for Hjalmarsson.
Not sure we can afford to give up a forward near Plekanecs skill set for Hjalmarsson.
i would take him over Mez, I just dont know if we could pull such a deal off. Maybe a 3 team deal?
Good to know. I just remembered seeing something about him being available and was thinking it could be an option. But it would not if we end up moving a forward and d-man for Ryan.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:08 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Good to know. I just remembered seeing something about him being available and was thinking it could be an option. But it would not if we end up moving a forward and d-man for Ryan.
its a speculation thread. not sure how much there is to it or not.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:16 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Yea. I dont think there is any way that homer will trade meszaros without a viable replacement coming in
Quote:
Agreed. I think if we had a viable replacement waiting that this trade would have probably been made already (some combo of Read/Voracek + Dman).

Both the Nash and Ryan trades just seem like they aren't a good fit for this team right now. Only problem I see is wanting to keep these guys away from the Rangers and Penguins. One of the three teams will probably be a player in this, right?
They can always sign Hannan - who is a shutdown guy... they have options and Mez'z contract for a 3rd pairing is bad - I LOVE the guy, but to bring in Ryan, I'd do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I would take Mez + Read + 1st. Defense looks ok without him.

Timonen - Schenn
Coburn - Grossman
Gustaffson - MAB/Gervais

I particularly like

Hartnell - Giroux - Ryan
Simmonds - Schenn - Voracek
Briere - Couturier - Wellwood
Talbot - Holmstrom - Feds

Thats just sick.

Doesn't look to bad at all, esp with options out there other than young blood.
Colaiacovo, Carlo
Jurcina, Milan
Hannan, Scott
Morrisonn, Shaone

Old
07-11-2012, 01:24 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
They can always sign Hannan - who is a shutdown guy... they have options and Mez'z contract for a 3rd pairing is bad - I LOVE the guy, but to bring in Ryan, I'd do this.

Doesn't look to bad at all, esp with options out there other than young blood.
Colaiacovo, Carlo
Jurcina, Milan
Hannan, Scott
Morrisonn, Shaone
I would do it in a heartbeat if we were sure to get one of those guys or someone else for the third pairing and if we trade Read and not Voracek

Old
07-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Prongo
Beer

There is really no options left on the market for a defender if we trade Mez. \

Milan Jurcina- Slow as a sloth. played on 65 games last year and 46 games the year before that. He is not what this team needs whatsoever. Mez>>>>>>Jurcina.

Shoane Morrison- I believe he signed a contract to play in the KHL. And that is good for any NHL team, because he is not a NHL defender anymore. He didn't even play in the NHL last year, I believe they waived him and he played in the AHL with Buffalo's affiliate team.

Scott Hannan- Another shut down defender that will be 34 I think by the time the season starts next year. We really do not need another shut down defender when we have Schenn, Coburn, and Grossmann. We need a puck moving defenseman, not another shut down.

Coly- No way, he really just can not stay healthy. We do not need that on this team.

Gervais is a serviceable 6th defender who I would really take over all of those players primarily because he is right handed and can move the puck decently. There really is not other options I don't think on the free agent market. Only trade will supply us with a good top 4 or top 6 defender. If we trade for Ryan, we most likely won't be making another deal for a top 4 defender.

Also Hmajlsoosnnfnson is not a better player than Mez. Hammer is pretty much another just solid shut down defender. He is paid exactly as much as Grossmann. They both supply the same skills and Grossmann can provide the same offense. He would be redundant with our D-corps.

Just my 2 cents.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:42 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

He'll be a good replacement for Jagr thats for sure, minus veteran leadership

Old
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
rban*

Everyone keep in mind next season FAs will be a huge bumper crop incl Perry etc. It may make sense to stand pat and wait.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Everyone keep in mind next season FAs will be a huge bumper crop incl Perry etc. It may make sense to stand pat and wait.
how do you know that these big free agents will come here? zach p and sutter didnt come here they went to a bad team, that's a loser mentality if you think lets just loose 2012 season and expect 2013 free agents to fix this team, you cant expect fa to fix this team, if this team plays really bad then how do you expect any of the big free agents to come here in 2013? that's why they got this fix this team now or it will be a bust for years unless by miracle they get a big fa, i just dont like it.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
how do you know that these big free agents will come here? zach p and sutter didnt come here they went to a bad team, that's a loser mentality if you think lets just loose 2012 season and expect 2013 free agents to fix this team, you cant expect fa to fix this team, if this team plays really bad then how do you expect any of the big free agents to come here in 2013? that's why they got this fix this team now or it will be a bust for years unless by miracle they get a big fa, i just dont like it.
That's hilarious. So if we don't get...who? Ryan? Nash? Semin? Our team will be a bust for years? Yeah. Those 60 point players will REALLY carry our franchise and prevent them from this horrendous disaster you predict...a disaster the likes of which not even Gretzky in his prime could prevent.

Edit: It's also hilarious that in one sentence you comment on Parise and Suter going to a bad team, and then immediately lament that if our team is bad we couldn't possibly land any big FAs.

07-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
That's hilarious. So if we don't get...who? Ryan? Nash? Semin? Our team will be a bust for years? Yeah. Those 60 point players will REALLY carry our franchise and prevent them from this horrendous disaster you predict...a disaster the likes of which not even Gretzky in his prime could prevent.

Edit: It's also hilarious that in one sentence you comment on Parise and Suter going to a bad team, and then immediately lament that if our team is bad we couldn't possibly land any big FAs.
Not sure why you keep wasting time responding to this nonsense. Guy is obviously borderline clueless.

I'm actually okay with the team we have right now. Won't be terribly disappointed if we don't sign Ryan, Nash, Semin, or anyone.

Hopefully a full, healthy year of Schenn can replace some of the lost scoring.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

I don't even know why you guys keep even responding to that hack.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
SgtJoseph

It really amazes me how Negative some folks can be about the Flyers......ZERO optimism by some on here,and much of it based on knee jerk drama queen mentality mixed with a healthy dose of believing all the nonsense spoon fed to them by some of Phillys media hacks who do not know jack shi$ about Hockey....

The Flyers have just as good a chance at winning it all as much as any other club......Hell, this club is so damn talented it had a heck of a season and kicked Pittsburgh's a$$ in the playoffs while playing 6 or 7 rookies most nights and while dealing with a struggling goalie banged up defence,and a sidelined captain......

I see ZERO reasons to think this club will not be better next season with our younger lads being a year smarter, stronger, etc, Roo having a strong healed wrist, Mez being Healthy, Bryz being more Philly "street smart" etc etc.....Looking forward to this fall to see how this YOUNG club progresses.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:25 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I honestly would be pretty shocked if the Flyers did anything major.
Once Mathers and Cousins slide we will be at 48 contracts and I will guess around 3 and change in cap space once Voarcek signs.
if the Flyers do stand pat it will be nice going into a season with actual cap space to work with in case a move needs to be made during the season.

Bryz should be better and if guys like Mez bounce back and Schenn can get back to the level he was at in his first year or 2 the Flyers should be good defensively.
They may not be as strong offenisvely as last season, but I dont think any kind of downturn would be too drastic imo

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 07-12-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old
07-11-2012, 11:27 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post

what do you want to hear that the flyers are greatest team in the world despite the fact they got knocked out by the devils with the same roster minus jagr/jvr adding a third line player in ruslan? do you look this roster or do you have the illusion that schenn or court will be superstars?

i cant understand how people can look at this roster, the kings roster, or any teams roster to think the flyers have a better shot of winning a cup? are you people in denial or just dont care about winning? that's a fact you just dont care about winning and more worried about having man crushes on younger players that might not do a damn thing for this team and have another failed season of blaming the goalie and not blaming yourselves because you dont want to get rid of young players.

does anyone take the time to look at the other teams roster to think that maybe this team took a step back? because i dont understand why people are thinking that this team will get a cup despite getting their butts kicked by the devils that's pretty much the same roster.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Icedog2735

Quote:
what do you want to hear that the flyers are greatest team in the world despite the fact they got knocked out by the devils with the same roster minus jagr/jvr adding a third line player in ruslan? do you look this roster or do you have the illusion that schenn or court will be superstars?

i cant understand how people can look at this roster, the kings roster, or any teams roster to think the flyers have a better shot of winning a cup? are you people in denial or just dont care about winning? that's a fact you just dont care about winning and more worried about having man crushes on younger players that might not do a damn thing for this team and have another failed season of blaming the goalie and not blaming yourselves because you dont want to get rid of young players.

does anyone take the time to look at the other teams roster to think that maybe this team took a step back? because i dont understand why people are thinking that this team will get a cup despite getting their butts kicked by the devils that's pretty much the same roster.
curious to hear the moves you would make (signings, trades, ...) that would make the flyers cup contenders in your opinion this season?

Old
07-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Lockjaw333

Quote:

I think people are mostly counting on the idea that our young guys will have an extra year of experience under their belt, including playoff experience, and should improve. Guys like Schenn (both?), Couturier, Simmonds, Voracek and Read. I think its safe to count on all of them improving, which should make the team as a whole better. The pieces we lost (JVR and Jagr) weren't exactly critical in the playoffs, and people are hoping the improvement of the young guys can more than account for their void.

Just a little positivity, no need to shoot them

Old
07-12-2012, 09:11 AM
duffy9748

There is also a lot of time to upgrade this team. It doesn't have to be right now. You can go into the trade deadline with tons of cap space and players like Laughton/Cousins look more attractive as does a 1st rd. pick.

Let the young forwards have control of the team as see what they can do with bigger roles. Briere should also have a bounce back year.

The defense has potential to be very good if all players play to their ability. Hopefully Meszaros is fully recovered and can return to the level he was at in '10-'11.

Finally, Bryzgalov is coming into his second year and should feel more comfortable. It should be good to not have a shakeup since he will be more comfortable with this lineup.

Assess the team's needs once December rolls around and then make your move.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Dekes of Hazzard
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
There is also a lot of time to upgrade this team. It doesn't have to be right now. You can go into the trade deadline with tons of cap space and players like Laughton/Cousins look more attractive as does a 1st rd. pick.

Let the young forwards have control of the team as see what they can do with bigger roles. Briere should also have a bounce back year.

The defense has potential to be very good if all players play to their ability. Hopefully Meszaros is fully recovered and can return to the level he was at in '10-'11.

Finally, Bryzgalov is coming into his second year and should feel more comfortable. It should be good to not have a shakeup since he will be more comfortable with this lineup.

I couldn't agree more.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:26 AM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post

I don't get this. If Pronger is on LTIR, we lose 4.9 million of money we could be spending by "banking cap space". Why spend 7-8 million less than the top teams in the east to allow money for the "possibility" of a trade at the deadline? Why not go over the cap to have players on the roster that have a similar salary as the top teams in the east. I think it would be a waste to not use Prongers LTIR money.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Psuhockey

I am starting to think that the Flyers are waiting on a Weber trade and have been all summer. It was fairly common knowledge that Suter and Parise weren't coming here. I think those contracts were offered to up the price for both players. I even think the JVR trade might have been not only to protect against Carle leaving, but to also prepare a tantalizing brothers Schenn offer to Nashville. The Predators probably wanted a young dman in a trade for Weber which the Flyers did not have. With the close relationship between Poile and Holmgren, I would think a conversation on cost if he became available was discussed.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:35 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I don't get this. If Pronger is on LTIR, we lose 4.9 million of money we could be spending by "banking cap space". Why spend 7-8 million less than the top teams in the east to allow money for the "possibility" of a trade at the deadline? Why not go over the cap to have players on the roster that have a similar salary as the top teams in the east. I think it would be a waste to not use Prongers LTIR money.
The Flyers cant use that LTIR space until the regular season starts. I am pretty sure you have to use it all as well.
of course we will have to see how the new CBA deals with this.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:40 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
The question is who can we sign for this money that really improves the current team?

Suter and Parise off the market.

Doan, wants to stay in PHX and will probably wait for another couple of weeks until making a decision...and has not shown whatsoever interest in coming here so far.

Semin headed to the KHL or demaning a long term contract that nobody wants to offer him.

Even second tier options like Parenteau are already gone...

Roster size is limited and it makes no sense to make a trade just for the sake of trading and maybe pick up some salary dump and end up in cap hell again next year.

Closed Thread