HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ-PHI (Rick Nash rumors and proposed deals; update: traded to NYR, July 23)

Old
07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
Schenn is a better shooter than he is passer. His shot is underrated.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:17 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Lucic straight up would be awful for Boston. Including anything else is madness.
I think you forgot your jokey face, right?

lancer247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
Uhmmm... Nash asked for a trade, only if in the end it benefited the Blue Jackets. Nash is in no rush to leave. Hence why Howson is in no rush to deal him. Hence why he can actually ask a premium for the player.

"Nash was adamant — repeating the same phrase several times — that he not only wanted to help his own career but also help the organization that drafted him No. 1 and helped him become one of the top stars in the NHL."

In other words, not even Nash will accept the trade if its not in favor of CBJ because of all of his friends there.

"I don't think necessarily it was, 'I want out.' He loves this organization. It's one of those things where it's a business and he thought maybe he could help this organization." - Derek Dorsett

Nash isn't some evil mastermind with lists, puppets and backstabbing on a D20 and all this. He thought "Hmm my value could be pretty high. I might be able to be moved to a team to help my career AND help all my friends in Columbus". If not, then yes he will play in Columbus. Howson is not being jerked around, Nash isn't killing his team, etc.
I didn't say nash is Satan. I said his list is ********. And it is.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:34 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Per Eklund...

"Sounds like it may be occur that Nash is traded BEFORE Luongo signs. Not definite of course...it would be very surprising tosay the least."

Lol, oh really now? Souces say Nash will indeed be traveling back in time. E5.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Per Eklund...

"Sounds like it may be occur that Nash is traded BEFORE Luongo signs. Not definite of course...it would be very surprising tosay the least."

Lol, oh really now? Souces say Nash will indeed be traveling back in time. E5.
I think he means before Luongo signs his new contract in 2022.

Edit: maybe he means Semin?

07-10-2012, 11:56 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I think he means before Luongo signs his new contract in 2022.

Edit: maybe he means Semin?
No, he meant Luongo, he's just dumb:

"yes…I meant before Luongo is traded…been a crazy day.. but feel free to correct me….yeh..I know about 700 of you will have by the time..."

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:17 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Nothing new but Nash has us on his list - TSN:

"If Rick Nash makes his way out of Columbus this summer, it likely won't be to a Canadian NHL franchise.

The Columbus Dispatch reported on Tuesday that there are six teams he would be willing to be traded to - the Boston Bruins, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400350

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:34 AM
ORYX

Something tells me Howson wouldnt trade Nash for an entire franchise....

I think he should have already taken the best deal and will be burned in the end of things.

After the Carter trade, Carter re-trade, Bobrovsky trade, Nash saga I can't believe this guy has a job still!

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:54 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Howson is probably just thinking that the longer he waits and the closer he gets to the season, the more desperate teams will become to improve their rosters. I just hope that if he is traded for a huge return that it is not us.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:08 PM
feedingschennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Howson is probably just thinking that the longer he waits and the closer he gets to the season, the more desperate teams will become to improve their rosters. I just hope that if he is traded for a huge return that it is not us.
I think that the wait will have an inverse effect and teams won't want to change up their team with so little time to their opening gamers. Anybody see this backfiring and us having to wait until the trade deadline like we did all those years with Kaberle? Either Nash or luongo starts the season with their team, book it here, as will bobby ryan

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:13 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Something tells me Howson wouldnt trade Nash for an entire franchise....

I think he should have already taken the best deal and will be burned in the end of things.

After the Carter trade, Carter re-trade, Bobrovsky trade, Nash saga I can't believe this guy has a job still!
i think the Carter trade only looks bad because Couturier fell to the Flyers.
Carter to LA was Jack Johnson and a 1st. LA was out of the playoff picture when the trade was made so it was looking at the time like a good deal. of course this all depends how you view Jack Johnson. opinions are split on him it seems.
He probably overpaid a bit for Bobrovsky. but Bobrovsky is still a kid with some good upside. Probably to early to say how that works out.
As far as Nash goes, I am sure the guy is frustrated. they have been to playoffs what 1 time down there and they got their tails kicked in round 1. Nash wants to win. I bet hes frustrated.
Not making any excuses for the guy. I dont think hes a great GM but some things can be chalked up to bad luck.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 07-11-2012 at 12:58 PM.
GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 12:54 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I didn't say nash is Satan. I said his list is ********. And it is.
Last I heard, Slovan Bratislava was praying for Satan to play one more year for them (Palffy as well, they're going to play in the KHL the upcoming season and desperately lack star power)... oh, you're talking about that other Satan guy. Sorry, secular (hockey nerd) Swede here, nvm.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:02 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

For what Howson wants for Nash...2 forwards a possible Dman and a 1st rounder plus the team that gets Nash has to pick up Nash's 7.8mil a year salary...GOOD LUCK!

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 05:55 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Last I heard, Slovan Bratislava was praying for Satan to play one more year for them (Palffy as well, they're going to play in the KHL the upcoming season and desperately lack star power)... oh, you're talking about that other Satan guy. Sorry, secular (hockey nerd) Swede here, nvm.
Ot but the best sign at a game I ever saw was, hasek, you're satan, you shmulik like zhitnik. Greatness lol

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:13 AM
rban*

Lucic is a gem for Bruins and should never be traded. Perfect protopyipical Big Bad Bruin, and wouldnt be a bad Flyer also.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:18 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Lucic is a gem for Bruins and should never be traded. Perfect protopyipical Big Bad Bruin, and wouldnt be a bad Flyer also.
uhhhh.. ok....

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Dekes of Hazzard
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
For what Howson wants for Nash...2 forwards a possible Dman and a 1st rounder plus the team that gets Nash has to pick up Nash's 7.8mil a year salary...GOOD LUCK!
Price is way too high, you would have to practically gut your team to pick up a player with a huge salary, Nash is good but not worth what Howson wants for him.

Dekes of Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Lockjaw333

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Yeah, he's being stupid. He's going to lose Nash anyway, he might as well get whatever he can for him. If he hangs onto him through the offseason I bet he is forced to make a trade at the deadline for much less than what he could have gotten.

If he was smart he would take whatever package the Rangers are offering. They have the best assets and rumored packages (Dubinsky + MDZ + a prospect like Erixon). He's not going to get more than that.

He's trying to make up for getting owned last year in the Carter debacle and is being stubborn, but if he doesn't take whats on the table he will end up looking even worse with what he'll have to accept later on.

Lockjaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:57 PM
turkinaa

At the deadline I didn't think Nash would be traded because they wanted more than everyone was offering and it would be too difficult to fill any holes made by getting him (since they wanted 2-3 roster players and 2-3 prospects/picks). Now during the offseason I get the feeling that while some team might be willing to pay up, he's thumbing it down because he still wants more and you still can't fill the holes you make trading for Nash. It's like from Pickers when someone asks for an outrageous price because what they're trying to say is "I don't want to part with that" by asking more than the piece is actually worth.

It feels that any trade that has Nash should have a conditional pick based on his point production.

Something has to change, you either have to ask less for Nash such as a team that can take on a lot of salary and are willing to give up mostly futures (2 prospects and 2 picks over roster players) - and then Nash might not want to play for them - or you hold onto him and you keep trying to build around him - which has failed.

So in the long and short of things, when it comes down to it, Nash is unmovable: (1) there is a chance he won't want to play for the team you trade him to, (2) no one wants to take his salary, (3) there is too much of a risk of failure to mesh with the new team, or (4) you want too much for him and no one will give you want you want.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:07 PM
phlflyer1

Looks like its Nash to the Rangers...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401276

phlflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

the deal will see centres Artem Anisimov and Brandon Dubinsky, defenceman Tim Erixon and a first-round pick going to Columbus.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:16 PM
rban*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
uhhhh.. ok....
Oh, so u wouldnt want Lucic on this team if u could get him?

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
goodrev

Nash to NYR huh? Very glad he didnt end up hereat that price.

goodrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

I'm glad this kills the Rick Nash roomers.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:44 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

I would rather have the Flyers pay 7.8mil a year to Weber than Nash.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote