HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Nash is NOT traded....

View Poll Results: If Nash is NOT traded, what happens to start the 2012-2013 season?
Nash returns, keeps the C 32 32.00%
Nash returns, but gives up the C 58 58.00%
Nash refuses to report 6 6.00%
Something else (?) 4 4.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Even if we improve in the Nash trade the West is so packed we probably can't get in anyways.
We're already in the West dude. No worries.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
We're already in the West dude. No worries.
I meant we couldn't get in the playoffs.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:50 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmys7 View Post
This just in, Barack Obama has been elected president. Seriously though, that quote has been around for months now.
Uh...yeah, we know.
We waz just trying to remember who said what so we could prepare for who to blame come whatever.

--------------------------

Howson: "If we had Rick Nash, we might have made the playoffs."
HF: "If we had Rick Nash, we might have made the playoffs."

Howson: "I tried to get the best deal."
HF: "He tried to get the best deal."

Old
07-11-2012, 03:53 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Uh...yeah, we know.
We waz just trying to remember who said what so we could prepare for who to blame come whatever.

--------------------------

Howson: "If we had Rick Nash, we might have made the playoffs."
HF: "If we had Rick Nash, we might have made the playoffs."

Howson: "I tried to get the best deal."
HF: "He tried to get the best deal."
I was already pretty well set on blaming you. Come whatever.

Old
07-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
It's unreal how this board can attempt to create the illusion that Nash wants to be a Blue Jacket yet in all reality he wants out...

If Rick Nash wants to be a Blue Jacket he needs to grow some balls and tell the fan base he wants to stay and lied about wanting to be traded, or Howson lied, anything short of that tells me he is done with this organization and wants out..

Old
07-11-2012, 09:10 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
It's unreal how this board can attempt to create the illusion that Nash wants to be a Blue Jacket yet in all reality he wants out...

If Rick Nash wants to be a Blue Jacket he needs to grow some balls and tell the fan base he wants to stay and lied about wanting to be traded, or Howson lied, anything short of that tells me he is done with this organization and wants out..
He's Canadian, Bob.

And I for one think he wants to move on, ...while he still has balls left.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
He's Canadian, Bob.

And I for one think he wants to move on, ...while he still has balls left.
Not sure what you mean but if being a Canadian is the subject, why not go home to Toronto?

The dude is burning his candle from both ends.... I hope he goes away so my CBJ team can move forward... We did fine before he was drafted and will do fine after he's gone..

Old
07-11-2012, 09:42 PM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I pretty much agree. Trouble is, without trading our most (only?) valuable piece, I don't know where additional scoring help is coming from. We've added Folino upfront and can look for more offense from the blue line, but we're still dependent on improved output from guys like Brassard, Atkinson, Calvert, etc. Just looks like more of the same old same old, to me.
more of the same old offensively, defensively may be another story and the team's ID could change somewhat that way. Of course, a lot depends on goal, and same old same old there is frightening

Old
07-11-2012, 11:17 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Not sure what you mean but if being a Canadian is the subject, why not go home to Toronto?

The dude is burning his candle from both ends.... I hope he goes away so my CBJ team can move forward... We did fine before he was drafted and will do fine after he's gone..
By "fine" do you mean "terrible?"

Not that we aren't doing terrible right now anyways, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that has thought at any point that this franchise has ever been fine.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:32 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
By "fine" do you mean "terrible?"

Not that we aren't doing terrible right now anyways, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that has thought at any point that this franchise has ever been fine.
Summer of 09

Old
07-12-2012, 12:00 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:

Canadians have a well-earned reputation for not speaking ill of the devil.
My best bud is Canadian and if he disagreed with me on this point, he wouldn't say.

Many Canadians are quite happy to live outside of Canadia. Who'd want to play in the baitball which is The Leafs?

I have no problem with Nash wanting to leave. But if it's because promises were not kept, then I want to know.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:03 AM
BluejacketNut

If he doesnt, he stays

Old
07-12-2012, 07:33 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
I have no problem with Nash wanting to leave. But if it's because promises were not kept, then I want to know.
If promise were not kept, they will come out, eventually.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Matt Foley
Hey Ryan

IF Nash is still around for the beginning of the season (which I do not believe will be the case), then let the players sort things out for themselves. They know best who they want to have as their captain. My guess is that Nash would keep the C unless he volunteers to give it up, assuming of course that Nash and his agent are somehow still keeping a low profile at that point. The moment Nash and / or Resnick start acting like total *******s, then who the team captain is would be the least of the Jacketsí problems.

That said, the legacy of CBJ team captains is a sad one; itís almost as bad as being one of the teamís second round draft picks. Letís hope the next one works out better.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:19 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

I'm not following this at all

Quote:

What does being Canadian have to do with this situation? I don't want him to go away from the Jackets if it isn't an absolute "you have to make this deal Howson" trade. He is signed for 5 more years, its not like he only has one year left on his contract & then we have nada. Aye?

"Nash is the cash", the only real elite asset we have. It would be better for disgruntled fans to turn away, then for a player of Nash's caliber. Put the bro back on the 1st line and sign some talent to play there for once!!!!!!

Hindsight: If friggin Doug MacLean resigns Ray Whitney and doesn't let him walk away this franchise is entirely different this past five years. That is kind of sad isn't it?

Last edited by LetsGOJackets!!: 07-12-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old
07-12-2012, 08:20 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
That said, the legacy of CBJ team captains is a sad one; itís almost as bad as being one of the teamís second round draft picks. Letís hope the next one works out better.
Outside of Nash, and putting the end of the Foote Era in the dark for a moment, I'm not sure this team has handled the captaincy position poorly at the beginning of it.... It just always seems to reach a point where they end up shooting themselves in the foot somehow.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Matt

Looks to me like Howson, Nash and his agent have an inflated value of his worth. Of course, placing limitations on where he lands doesn't help.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:32 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
What does being Canadian have to do with this situation? I don't want him to go away from the Jackets if it isn't an absolute "you have to make this deal Howson" trade. He is signed for 5 more years, its not like he only has one year left on his contract & then we have nada. Aye?

Put in American Nash is the cash, the only real elite asset we have. It would be better for disgruntled fans to turn away, then for a player of Nash's caliber. Put the bro back on the 1st line and sign some talent to play there for once!!!!!!
Who left is out there? Shane Doan? The only way we are landing this talent now is to offer up guys like Moore, Johansen, Atkinson, Jenner and our first rounders for next season. Thats the only way Scott Howson can now acquire ready made talent, bcause nobody is lining up to play here willingly and, as we saw with Carter, this isnt exactly a field clear of land mines either.

Rick Nash should be looking really hard at his situation here. We aren't going to compete for the cup next year. Our top six includes a moody Brassard as the number one center, two mostly unproven youngsters in Johan and Atkinson, Foligno, Umby and potentially a number 4 center or AHL'er in other organizations in Letestu.

Either Rick decides he's recinding the request and is totally committed, or he just goes about his business as usual because nobody wanted to wow Howson. The latter is not preferrable as it likely doesn't help his trade value and his stats again slump for a forth consecutive season. This has to reach a point here Howson goes to Nash and shows him the lay of the land. We can't risk him being here next season at the deadline if this crap is just going to happen again....

We aren't seriously challenging next season. Rick can stay and accept that, or business needs to pick up...and that goes for our "learned" GM too....

Old
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Looks to me like Howson, Nash and his agent have an inflated value of his worth. Of course, placing limitations on where he lands doesn't help.

Its likely Howson is the one with the inflated value of Nash's worth.... Nash is only utilizing the power Howson gave him.... That said, if any of that "helping a rebuild" crap was actually true, we wouldn't be hearing constantly about this damn list.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Nordique

I really don't care that much what Nash wants. He committed to this franchise when he signed that 8 year deal, and he's being more than fairly compensated for that committment.

I also don't think he is the kind of player that will take that committment lightly. If Howson doesn't get what he thinks we need in return for Nash, I expect Nash will be on the ice scoring 35+ goals this season. Nash has character, he's not Jeff Carter.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:50 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Let's have Jack earn it, ok? I'm not saying he won't, but he's played so few games as a Jacket. I am tired of handing out things before they've been earned. I'm a fan of Jacks, don't get me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Agree, if Nash is traded, stripped or gives the C up there is nothing wrong with going into the season or even playing the whole season or 20 seasons with three A's and no C until someone (maybe even Nash again) earns it.

*EDIT*
How about this. Since I believe the C is overrated anyway and this team has no outstanding history of great captains and there is no rule that you must have a captain just do away with the hole thing and worry about more important things and revisited the captain idea once there is a wining team here.
Agreed and agreed, however, Captaincy is not only earned by play on the ice, but by leadership in general. Rick has never shown a "captain" quality on the ice, not to be noticed anyway, say as Prospal did last season. He seemed more of a play a hard shift and lead by example. Given, we're not privy to the locker room leadership, but it sounds more and more that the supporting staff did more with the "A" than he did with the "C".

You can't judge a book by it's cover, but this team needs sound leadership... giving it to Rick in the first place was a mistake in my book.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:58 AM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
I agree taking away the C does more harm then good. People can change their mind and their hart. Columbus had one of the most epically bad and embarrassing seasons in the history of the NHL. Question: wouldn't you be more upset if Nash "didn't" want to leave? I would question his sanity if he wanted to stay on a sinking ship. People can change and management and players can make up. Maybe last season's adversity is what gels the team this season. It was a long and very uncomfortable season for everyone. I think its water under the bridge
I couldn't get past this post to see if anyone else has responded. I disagree with everything you've said.

If Rick returns he will not be the captain. My thought is Umberger, an elder statesmen with a few CBJ seasons under his belt, a vocal presence and respect amongst his teammates would be given the C. Rick would be asked to play as a normal player, no letter.

Wouldn't I be more upset if Nash DIDN'T want to leave? No, and it's ironic that you used a sinking ship comparison when talking about the Captain. Isn't that a thing amongst captains? To either right your ship or go down with it?

Rick Nash is a good player who in best case scenario I'd rather remain a part of this team, but his lack of intensity holds him back. I'm not sure that better teammates or a different market would change that about him. He's a monster but he never gets fired up enough to take full advantage - he's at his best when someone gets under his skin and he manhandles people for a shift or two.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:14 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I really don't care that much what Nash wants. He committed to this franchise when he signed that 8 year deal, and he's being more than fairly compensated for that committment.
Of course we should care what Nash wants, for the very reasons you listed above. I have no issue with Nash and buyers remorse. Why in the world would you want to keep someone who is unhappy?

Old
07-12-2012, 09:19 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH View Post
If Rick returns he will not be the captain.
Oh please you have no knowledge of that. They already addressed the C with the players last season and they rallied around the Captain. The coach and the GM didn't have an issue with it. There is no certainty to what you said. I would be surprised if he wasn't the Captain if his services are retained by the Jackets.

If the players are willing to follow him and Nash wants to keep it, that's their decision.

We can state what we would prefer, but stating we will know what his going to happen, especially with this franchise, is pure folly.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:51 AM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Oh please you have no knowledge of that. They already addressed the C with the players last season and they rallied around the Captain. The coach and the GM didn't have an issue with it. There is no certainty to what you said. I would be surprised if he wasn't the Captain if his services are retained by the Jackets.

If the players are willing to follow him and Nash wants to keep it, that's their decision.

We can state what we would prefer, but stating we will know what his going to happen, especially with this franchise, is pure folly.
you thought I was claiming to have inside knowledge of how the front office planned to react to the hypothetical scenario of Nash returning?

in the unlikely scenario that Rick returns, it won't be with the C. It had better not be with the C.

Closed Thread