B's R always Champs!

vCash: 500
Lack of Bruins Free Agency Part IV

Part III http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1223167

Have at it.

07-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Fair Warning

Part IV: A New Hope... that all this Rick Nash nonsense is taken care of soon.

Fair Warning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Here's one thing I don't understand.

Why do people want to see Kostitsyn in this lineup? I want no part of that guy here.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Mueller could end up being a steal for Florida IF the guy can stay healthy. At that price i would have liked to see him in Boston (yes i realized the team already has some injury liabilities). If he can get back to his old days thats a steal of a deal, if he doesn't, it's just a year.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:37 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

Here's one thing I don't understand.

Why do people want to see Kostitsyn in this lineup? I want no part of that guy here.
Back-up plan no longer than 1 year. Strong on his skates, great wrist shot that I've seen burn the bruins many times. Can hit like a truck when motivated. Has also been blindsided by tim Thomas for no good reason (cheap joke)

Again, plan b or c for me if he's willing to take a 1-year deal. We don't have any lefty forwards that can shoot on the pp. But not even a second year, because a guy like him isn't worth the cap hell when all the rfas need new deals

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Back-up plan no longer than 1 year. Strong on his skates, great wrist shot that I've seen burn the bruins many times. Can hit like a truck when motivated. Has also been blindsided by tim Thomas for no good reason (cheap joke)

Again, plan b or c for me if he's willing to take a 1-year deal. We don't have any lefty forwards that can shoot on the pp. But not even a second year, because a guy like him isn't worth the cap hell when all the rfas need new deals
I'll add, hasn't scored more than 45 points in this league since his first full season in it. Was recently benched in the playoffs for not giving a **** about the fact that it was the playoffs... And the team played BETTER without him. He's 27, so no longer a prospect and doesn't seem to fit this team's mentality whatsoever.

Why would we be handing HIM a spot over someone homegrown? I don't care how cheap he may be.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:59 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
I'll add, hasn't scored more than 45 points in this league since his first full season in it. Was recently benched in the playoffs for not giving a **** about the fact that it was the playoffs... And the team played BETTER without him. He's 27, so no longer a prospect and doesn't seem to fit this team's mentality whatsoever.

Why would we be handing HIM a spot over someone homegrown? I don't care how cheap he may be.
I think he'd make our 3rd line more of a scoring threat than Caron would. That's basically it for me.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
I think he'd make our 3rd line more of a scoring threat than Caron would. That's basically it for me.
So would have Pouliot. And I didn't want THAT bum on my team either. What about Brian Rolston?

Kostitsyn can stay far away from this team as far as I'm concerned. Guy doesn't score nearly enough to justify his BS.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:06 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:

I'll counter that he was their leading scorer before that incident and the ream won 1 capitals style trap 2-0 game without him. And as of this point, he's miles better than caron as an offensive threat. Again, not first or second choice. Of course there are ?'s. Otherwise, he'd have a multi year, $20 million contract. Since the bruins aren't shopping for that (aside from doan), andrei could be a nice bridge if claude can get to him. Also, saying he'd take carons spot ia assuming perfect health from our other forwards, including horton. Fantasy.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
nycbruins*

Bruins are running a hockey team, not a monastery. If we need all our players to have saint-like reps, then chias job is harder than I thought. Many many teams have won cups with attitude ?'s.

And again, 3rd choice after doan & trade market

Old
07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
So would have Pouliot. And I didn't want THAT bum on my team either. What about Brian Rolston?

Kostitsyn can stay far away from this team as far as I'm concerned. Guy doesn't score nearly enough to justify his BS.
I think he's better than Pouliot. I'd like him here. He's pretty fast, too. A line of Kostitsyn-Kelly-Peverley brings good speed.

Anyway, it's not like I'm really praying he comes here. But if he did I bet it would turn out well.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Meh...not really sold on the idea of Kostitsyn. It'd be better than bringing in Darche though if they do decide to bring in a former Hab.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:15 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
I'm begining to think Chiarelli is saving that forward spot for a player he could bring back in any potential Tim Thomas trade.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:16 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Kostitsyn - Kelly - Peverley
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I think that looks pretty good.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Kostitsyn - Kelly - Peverley
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I think that looks pretty good.
I would as well.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
No to the Skullet

Yea the Bruins aren't trying to make a monistary, but they should probably stay away from guys who violate team rules on the night of playoff games.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:40 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
No to the Skullet

Yea the Bruins aren't trying to make a monistary, but they should probably stay away from guys who violate team rules on the night of playoff games.
Yeap.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:47 PM
nycbruins*

Fair enough.

But if you're shopping in the bargain bin (in terms of either years or dollars), you're not going to find much talent unless it comes with some baggage. So either accept the risks or go with Caron/Bourque/Spooner.

Can't have everything in a cap world.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I'm begining to think Chiarelli is saving that forward spot for a player he could bring back in any potential Tim Thomas trade.
Is Seguin going to play with Kessel when he comes back?

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
I'll counter that he was their leading scorer before that incident and the ream won 1 capitals style trap 2-0 game without him. And as of this point, he's miles better than caron as an offensive threat. Again, not first or second choice. Of course there are ?'s. Otherwise, he'd have a multi year, $20 million contract. Since the bruins aren't shopping for that (aside from doan), andrei could be a nice bridge if claude can get to him. Also, saying he'd take carons spot ia assuming perfect health from our other forwards, including horton. Fantasy.
Actually, Radulov was.

Unless you mean his three goals. In which case, he was tied with the incredible Gabriel Bourque at the time. And I didn't say the Preds won a bunch with him gone... But they played better. Trap games are their bread-and-butter.

Regardless, I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Kostitsyn isn't a good enough scorer (for ME) to make up for the fact that he doesn't give a ****... But I'll concede that he'd likely bring more offense than Caron.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Fair enough.

But if you're shopping in the bargain bin (in terms of either years or dollars), you're not going to find much talent unless it comes with some baggage. So either accept the risks or go with Caron/Bourque/Spooner.

This. Accept flaws or overpay, that's the duality of free agency

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Fair enough.

And I understand that, but I would rather take baggage as in an injury question mark, age, or skill level than motivational/ off ice behavior issues like Kotso has had in Montreal then Nashville.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Cronuss

No thank you to Kostitsyn.

I'm actually excited to see Spooner, Knight, and Sauve compete to make the team this year, and to see what they can do.

Cronuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
And I understand that, but I would rather take baggage as in an injury question mark, age, or skill level than motivational/ off ice behavior issues like Kotso has had in Montreal then Nashville.
Again, perfectly legit thoughts. Can't argue it. I just have seen that wrister burn many Bruins goalies and I think about how I haven't seen a Bruin lefty rip like that in years, so I'm partial.

But he does sound like a huge pain in the ass. No Radulov's or brothers here, but also don't want to see Seguin & Marchand out at the bars with AK46, either.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

I just want to move Thomas so we have some room at the deadline. I'm guessing Caron has a spot this year and will take a step up from the end of last year.

KCBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote