HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Sign F Peter Mueller 1yr/$1.725

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2012, 08:18 AM
  #126
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill
 
CatWoman34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Still find this odd no "official" source has come out yet... But oh well!

I like the signing. Once again Tallon will hopefully find a treasure amongst what other teams view as "trash" or "throwaway".

CatWoman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:18 AM
  #127
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Harvey Fialkov‏@hfialkov

Panthers on verge of signing Avs winger Peter Mueller.24.Injuries hurt his output since 54-point rookie yr in 07-08. #nhl #flapanthers

was probably pending a physical.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:43 AM
  #128
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
George Richards‏@GeorgeRichards

#FlaPanthers add Peter 'Ferris' Mueller. The 24 year old center has played in 254 games, became FA when Col didn't qualify;
guess we can confirm this for sure now! Woot!

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:12 AM
  #129
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I saw this last night but wanted to digest it. And yes I like it like everyone else does in that it is a low risk move. He's a good RWer for our 2nd line and basically a replacement for Samuelsson (though not as good defensively as Sammy).

And since he's more of a RW, I'm starting to think the org is going to try Huberdeau at center if Bjugstad doesnt come out of college and make this team. I know people wont really like my lines if I put them together but here's what I think Dineen will try to do to start the season (this wont be how it is by the end though):

Upshall-Weiss-Versteeg
Flash-Goc-Mueller
Bergy-Huberdeau-Kopecky
Parros-Smithson/Matthias-Skille

It balances the lineup, gives Huby some time to adjust, and would be difficult for a lot of teams to key on any 1 line. Baring injuries, we're still as good of a team as we were last yr.
I think this has the potential to be as good as last season's team if not better. Mueller is a dice roll and Hubs is unknown at the NHL level but I have faith. Your lines are a bit off, imo. Hubs will be in a top 6 role playing wing.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
  #130
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I think this has the potential to be as good as last season's team if not better. Mueller is a dice roll and Hubs is unknown at the NHL level but I have faith. Your lines are a bit off, imo. Hubs will be in a top 6 role playing wing.
I think Coolburn made the lines to show balance. Every line has a blend of physicality, and skill, without many weaknesses.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
  #131
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
He's a hit away from retiring.
Still the opposite of high risk. It's a one-year deal; low risk, potentially high reward.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:26 AM
  #132
p9ers
Registered User
 
p9ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Still the opposite of high risk. It's a one-year deal; low risk, potentially high reward.
It's a low risk contract, but an high risk player is what he meant I guess.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:26 AM
  #133
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Still the opposite of high risk. It's a one-year deal; low risk, potentially high reward.
Depends what risk you're talking about. I admitted I wasn't talking about the contract. It's a risk.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:29 AM
  #134
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I think Coolburn made the lines to show balance. Every line has a blend of physicality, and skill, without many weaknesses.
We still have a gaping hole at center in the top 6 but we'll make a move. It's too obvious not to. I think he makes a good point about balance.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:22 AM
  #135
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I actually was never in panic mode. Figured the incoming kids might take some time to learn, but by season's end they'd be an upgrade over what we had.

Now we have additional insurance and given the one year deal, it's low risk. If he doesn't pan out he won't burden the team's cap beyond this season. Also makes him very tradeable at the deadline if the Panthers don't need him anymore.
I know it .. That's why the sarcasm smiley. It's just there seemed to be a lot of "ONOZ" going on here before this. I admit I was content with the obvious step backward and let the kids work their way in after putting the initial pieces since this year's team overachieved in my view. Adding Mueller (if he stays healthy) gives us the depth to roll four very solid lines again.

BTW, someone on the main board asked a very good question: "Would we retain him as an RFA since he's only 24?"

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:36 AM
  #136
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
I know it .. That's why the sarcasm smiley. It's just there seemed to be a lot of "ONOZ" going on here before this. I admit I was content with the obvious step backward and let the kids work their way in after putting the initial pieces since this year's team overachieved in my view. Adding Mueller (if he stays healthy) gives us the depth to roll four very solid lines again.

BTW, someone on the main board asked a very good question: "Would we retain him as an RFA since he's only 24?"
According to capgeek, and our CBA specialist coolburn, he will be a RFA.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1118

So long as the new CBA doesn't change this particular situation.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:44 AM
  #137
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
According to capgeek, and our CBA specialist coolburn, he will be a RFA.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1118

So long as the new CBA doesn't change this particular situation.
That's awesome. If he can stay healthy this could be one of those infamous Tallon steals.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:45 AM
  #138
BabyJagrov
Registered User
 
BabyJagrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Under the Sunshine
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 3,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
According to capgeek, and our CBA specialist coolburn, he will be a RFA.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1118

So long as the new CBA doesn't change this particular situation.
Doesn't matter IMO. Mueller signed his deal under the current CBA so his status shouldn't change even if the new one has new rules.

Glad to hear that we now own Mueller's rights. This is a win-win situation for us.

BTW I called Mueller as the best Panthers fit in FA since the beginning. Call me Dale Tallon Junior ! Or BabyTallonov !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
  #139
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Doesn't matter IMO. Mueller signed his deal under the current CBA so his status shouldn't change even if the new one has new rules.

Glad to hear that we now own Mueller's rights. This is a win-win situation for us.

BTW I called Mueller as the best Panthers fit in FA since the beginning. Call me Dale Tallon Junior ! Or BabyTallonov !
I think you're the fourth or fifth person in this thread to claim this, haha!

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:51 AM
  #140
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Love this signing!!! Bravo Mr. Tallon!!!


BTW, according to the Panthers Litter Box article it says Mueller is a natural center who converted to wing. And says he should slot in as our 2nd line center.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:52 AM
  #141
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Still the opposite of high risk. It's a one-year deal; low risk, potentially high reward.
i didn't think there was much risk either and there really isn't in the contract. however, if you listen to him:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...83245&catid=-6

it seems like he's still not 100%. the risk would be that the ~20 goals and top 6 minutes you were counting on him for don't materialize because he's unable to play or is re-injured. the avs probably could've resigned him for what we offered (or less even) but they decided to move on and avoid that risk.

i read through the thread on the avs board (kudos, btw, to cosmonut for inquiring about him on our behalf after the avs didn't qualify him 3 weeks ago) and most were sad to see him go. sounds like a good kid. hopefully he'll be able to stay healthy.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:53 AM
  #142
SoupyFIN
Moderator
Lu ♥
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 20,526
vCash: 50
Dis is good. WTG Dale.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:01 AM
  #143
BabyJagrov
Registered User
 
BabyJagrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Under the Sunshine
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 3,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I think you're the fourth or fifth person in this thread to claim this, haha!
I know, but at least I was the one that got noticed. Because you know I speak the truth !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:04 AM
  #144
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 50
So we let Wolski go and got low risk high reward player in Mueller! I am so excited. This is a player we need if he stays healthy!

Great move by Dale! I know this is a new chapter!

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:20 AM
  #145
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Just looked up his highlights on YT, WOW!! Pleeeeeaaassse stay healthy, this kid is skilled!

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:26 AM
  #146
Knightmare
Registered User
 
Knightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SoFla
Country: United States
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Love this signing!!! Bravo Mr. Tallon!!!


BTW, according to the Panthers Litter Box article it says Mueller is a natural center who converted to wing. And says he should slot in as our 2nd line center.
This is interesting. If true, I wonder how our lines shake up? I'd like to see Bergenheim in a fulltime 2nd line role (huberdeau-mueller-begy?) since he has some untapped goalscoring potential. But that line seems sort of fragile

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:27 AM
  #147
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
This is interesting. If true, I wonder how our lines shake up? I'd like to see Bergenheim in a fulltime 2nd line role (huberdeau-mueller-begy?) since he has some untapped goalscoring potential. But that line seems sort of fragile
Based on fans from the teams he has played on before, he has played wing.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:36 AM
  #148
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Nate was a center, too, was much better at wing. Keep him there, please.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:52 AM
  #149
jakethesnake23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, OZ
Country: Australia
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
I was in the camp of we "absolutely needed to add some veterans", so i
m obviously happy with this signing. Even if this means 2 rooks instead of 3, its a great thing. If he stays healthy, could be a great pickup.

But please, lets not be delusional, thinking he can be our 2nd line centre if he hasnt played it for 6 years (even if hes a "natural" centre, who cares if he hasnt been one for the majority of his career) is wishful thinking. and disregarding "reliable" source's views because you "feel" he is this or that is foolish. He's a skilled, albiet slow 2nd line winger. A good fit for this team, and as somebody put it PERFECTLY, a replacement for Samuelsson. But he isnt without risk.

This is a good signing, but I would still like that 2nd line centre filled.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:47 PM
  #150
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!
 
CatscratchFever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: O-hi-O
Country: United States
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
I was in the camp of we "absolutely needed to add some veterans", so i
m obviously happy with this signing. Even if this means 2 rooks instead of 3, its a great thing. If he stays healthy, could be a great pickup.

But please, lets not be delusional, thinking he can be our 2nd line centre if he hasnt played it for 6 years (even if hes a "natural" centre, who cares if he hasnt been one for the majority of his career) is wishful thinking. and disregarding "reliable" source's views because you "feel" he is this or that is foolish. He's a skilled, albiet slow 2nd line winger. A good fit for this team, and as somebody put it PERFECTLY, a replacement for Samuelsson. But he isnt without risk.

This is a good signing, but I would still like that 2nd line centre filled.
We have a great 2nd line center already, it's a 1st line center we need. I like how one of the posters on mains called the Panthers the island of misfit toys, and how that makes hard not to root for us.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.